Engine Managment problem in France

weldted

Hi all, I have. 2,200 cc Boxer 2012 19,000 miles with a similar problem. First the engine started to splutter as if running out of fuel the EMG light came on check engine warning and it went into limp mode. Checked under bonnet all well started up drove on all ok but light still on. Next day started up light went off drives fine. Changed the fuel filter just in case. Two days later engine splutters a couple of time light comes back on and check engine. Stops checks then start up drives fine but light still on. App 50 miles later whilst driving to Peugot main dealer in Roanne France engine stops. Slept in car park over night check under bonnet levels etc all appeared fine! Started up straight away light still on drove for half an hour to dealers fine. They plugged in to computer after some timer found capture sensor to be suspect. Went back the next day to have it fitted. Test drove it with the mechanic checking the computer all fine. Paid the bill left the garage two mins light came back on check engine and limp mode. Back to garage, there are so many fault readings from the sensors they have had to write to Peugot for advice and will ring me when they know more?

Before everyone condemns the garage this is a large well equipped dealer the mechanic appears very competent and I cannot fault their efforts so far. These are complex electronics in modern engines. Sorry it such a long tale but just wondered if anyone has had similar problem So?

Ted,

Had you recently filled up with fuel? If so how long before?

If recently then I would strongly suspect Water in Fuel. In which case you will need to get your tank drained, the entire fuel system flushed and then refilled with fresh fuel.

Just my internet diagnosis, I may be wrong!

Keith.

I had a similar problem turned out to be the EGR valve sticking some info here

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/EGR-valve-Peugot-Boxer-/25487/

I disconnected the wires to mine when engine was running ok (valve then was closed) and its been like that for 20,000 mls now You'll need to get eml light turned off you can buy a unit to do this yourself for around the same money a garage would charge

Sounds very similar to what happened to me, random loss to power and sometimes dropping into limp home mode.

Check for signs of mice in air filter, if there is evidence of them check inlet at least as far as air mas sensor.

I had a problem with EM light so changed all filters ect but had no trouble with engine performance, light kept coming on after so long so on return to UK took to Garage for test . Error code showed a problem with no2 cylinder but did not know whether mech or electrical. I bought some contact cleaner and sprayed all electric connections to injectors and hey presto light went off and has been ok since. motor running great .hope this might help

Here is another vote for. EGR valve problems.

MIne happen about 4 years ago on a previous Mhome. I would start, it would splutter, warning light and low power. I did find that if I let engine run for 20 mins the power would return. The warning light would stay on for a few hours then go off.

I had this problem in Turkey and we completed our trip with this happening intermittently. When I arrived home the valve was changed and all was well again.

Good luck

Peter

Archived