New Pollution Regulations France

Vernon B

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately everything is moving to "online" . My v5 was scanned and sent to Germany and Austria before I have had to copy and send other documents too. Unfortunately we have to trust the receiver is security aware . Sometimes we have no choice which seems to be the case here. Lately I have had to post birth certificates and passports. The same security issues are involved here too I assume but there are times when this has to be done. I would much rather scan and email than risk losing it in the post or take weeks for a return too. We are all being pushed "online" now

Gerry McG - 2017-02-03 8:10 AM

"P2" means page 2 of your V5C. I.e not the red cover page, the inside front cover page that has all the useful information on it ;)

Thanks. That makes sense - I couldn’t see what ‘technical’ value the V5C’s front page would have.

Is this made clear somewhere in the application procedure?

hagrid - 2017-02-02 6:40 PM

I tried but, no classification for Motorhome or Private HGV, there is no Co2 figure on my V5 ...

I have the same problem - but in the past when applying for a Go-Box and the German Umwelt the "authorities" appear to have accepted the V5 as proof of year of manufacture and hence its Euro Standard - In my case Euro 4.. In this case we have to enter the CO2 level as part of the application form - not as straightforward as it might appear. Why? Well the standard for Euro 4 - Diesel is given on an AA website as 0.50g/km but on the http://vanfueldata.dft.gov.uk/vehicles.aspx website my Sprinter 315 is quoted as having a C02 level of 214 g/km - the Euro standard is not included in these tables of data!!

In an attempt to resolve this confusion I have just called the garage who carry out the MOT on my 'Van in the hope that they can tell me the actual C02 level when it was tested in November - but they don't test for C02 on Diesel engines only on petrol engines! Instead they carry out something called a Smoke Test.

Can anyone help please?

PS - For those interested a piece submitted by Brian Kirby in May 2011 explains why your V5 may not include a C02 value.

V

Derek Uzzell - 2017-02-03 9:56 AM

Gerry McG - 2017-02-03 8:10 AM

"P2" means page 2 of your V5C. I.e not the red cover page, the inside front cover page that has all the useful information on it ;)

Thanks. That makes sense - I couldn’t see what ‘technical’ value the V5C’s front page would have.

But the instructions imply that they require the whole document and the front page does include several reference numbers ... But I can't see that the back page is necessary.

V

Vernon B - 2017-02-03 10:00 AM

hagrid - 2017-02-02 6:40 PM

I tried but, no classification for Motorhome or Private HGV, there is no Co2 figure on my V5 ...

I have the same problem - but in the past when applying for a Go-Box and the German Umwelt the "authorities" appear to have accepted the V5 as proof of year of manufacture and hence its Euro Standard - In my case Euro 4.. In this case we have to enter the CO2 level as part of the application form - not as straightforward as it might appear. Why? Well the standard for Euro 4 - Diesel is given on an AA website as 0.50g/km but on the http://vanfueldata.dft.gov.uk/vehicles.aspx website my Sprinter 315 is quoted as having a C02 level of 214 g/km - the Euro standard is not included in these tables of data!!

In an attempt to resolve this confusion I have just called the garage who carry out the MOT on my 'Van in the hope that they can tell me the actual C02 level when it was tested in November - but they don't test for C02 on Diesel engines only on petrol engines! Instead they carry out something called a Smoke Test.

Can anyone help please?

PS - For those interested a piece submitted by Brian Kirby in May 2011 explains why your V5 may not include a C02 value.

V

If you have a certificate of conformity it may well be on there, the emissions test on diesels during the MOT is a joke, if you don't have black smoke pouring out the back it's a pass.

Just been in conversation with the Caravan Club re the difference between values in CO2 emissions for my Euro 4 'Van. They're equally confused but suggest the 0.50g/km might be for the engine running on a test bed and the 214g/km for an on road commercial van - which probably means that the C02 emissions for a motorhome conversion would be even higher.

Does anyone have a UK built motorhome with a CO2 value quoted on their V5 that will give us a steer on this matter?

Very strange, my van is euro4 2011, looking at the chart this would seem to be a problem as euro4 is C3, but 2011 is C2 as the assumption is euro5, so i've tried out the simulation, entering date as I have no euro number on docs gives C2, so instead I entered euro4 and it still came back as C2. :-S

Page 2 of v5 seems to be the page that should include the data they need, if they want all 4 pages within 200kb of jpg this could prove to be a problem.

For those that have applied, some feedback when/if they get a sticker would be appreciated. I may well need one in a few months time.

Vernon B - 2017-02-03 11:17 AM

Just been in conversation with the Caravan Club re the difference between values in CO2 emissions for my Euro 4 'Van. They're equally confused but suggest the 0.50g/km might be for the engine running on a test bed and the 214g/km for an on road commercial van - which probably means that the C02 emissions for a motorhome conversion would be even higher.

Does anyone have a UK built motorhome with a CO2 value quoted on their V5 that will give us a steer on this matter?

0.50g/km will not be the co2 figure, not running on a test bed or any other way.

I'm not sure why you want details from a UK built van? As per my previous post, what does your CofC say? Our (german built) PVC which is euro4 shows 220g/km.

Thanks

To clarify - The 0.50g/km is what is quoted on a AA website for a Euro 4 diesel engine - see http://www.theaa.com/driving-advice/fuels-environment/euro-emissions-standards. I don't have a CofC as my vehicle was an import although purchased from a UK dealer. Details for UK built vans would be useful in order to establish what the scale of the C02/km might be - somewhere around 0.50 or nearer 214? Your own value suggests that the figure of 214 is around the right value.

V

Vernon B - 2017-02-03 12:06 PM

Thanks

To clarify - The 0.50g/km is what is quoted on a AA website for a Euro 4 diesel engine - see http://www.theaa.com/driving-advice/fuels-environment/euro-emissions-standards. I don't have a CofC as my vehicle was an import although purchased from a UK dealer. Details for UK built vans would be useful in order to establish what the scale of the C02/km might be - somewhere around 0.50 or nearer 214? Your own value suggests that the figure of 214 is around the right value.

V

That figure is for CO not CO2

p.s. Being an import is no excuse for the dealer to not hand over the CofC.

We live in an age where, despite being in the EU, we face a developing trend of cities across Europe (including London) imposing polution-based restrictions and charges and, in this new french one, the need for some drivers to check a specific website day by day to check whether our vehicle is allowed into the city's polution control area at all that day.

It is a particular problem for motorhomers because our vehicles are often based on older commercial van chassis, so likely to be caught up in such schemes, and since there are lots of them, each with their own rules, touring through bigger cities is becoming far more trouble than worth. Even if the polution scheme doesn't get you, there won't be anywhere to park.

We motorhomers are mostly law abiding sorts, sometimes obsessively so, but because these schemes are becoming so prevalent and inscrutable, we still have the option to avoid cities altogether.  Is that correct?

StuartO - 2017-02-03 2:08 PM We motorhomers are mostly law abiding sorts, sometimes obsessively so, but because these schemes are becoming so prevalent and inscrutable, we still have the option to avoid cities altogether.  Is that correct?

I don't need any incentives for me to avoid cities. 'orrible places - full of people ! - ( ...and nowhere to park ) ;-)

I have just completed my on-line application. Points arising:-

1, It went fairly smoothly

2. It will only accept one file to be uploaded and it won't accept anything larger than 200 Kb - I sent them page 2 of the V5

3. I was able to download a record of my order and payment, and I have received a confirmation e-mail.

4. Oddly they have only taken payment for the postage - 4.8 euros - maybe a sign of things to come under Brexit :-)

The website has a tracking system for checking progress with your application - I shall keep you informed!

V

Vernon B - 2017-02-03 4:53 PM

I have just completed my on-line application. Points arising:-

1, It went fairly smoothly

2. It will only accept one file to be uploaded and it won't accept anything larger than 200 Kb - I sent them page 2 of the V5

3. I was able to download a record of my order and payment, and I have received a confirmation e-mail.

4. Oddly they have only taken payment for the postage - 4.8 euros - maybe a sign of things to come under Brexit :-)

The website has a tracking system for checking progress with your application - I shall keep you informed!

V

We'll use you as the guinea pig then. :D

derek pringle - 2017-02-04 9:14 AM

hi all,

Pity we cannot buy these stickers through the RAC/CC/C&CC or any other club.

Even MMM

cheers

derek

The cost of these stickers seems to be just an admin and postage charge, I don't see any gain in an extra layer of admin once the initial creases are ironed out.

I have now reduced the image quality on my camera so the file size is 64kb, I have submitted the application without the co figure but have entered euro4 and private car as the vehicle type. You need to be careful that you have the correct government web site, by googling Crit air I found several spoof sites charging over 60 e

for a vignette. The charge should be 4.80e.

Will post up dates.

Bob

The correct web address is: https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/

colin - 2017-02-03 12:29 PM

Thanks

V

The norm for UK-registered motorhomes will be for the vehicle’s ‘final’ Certificate of Conformity (CofC) to not carry a CO2 value and, consequently, for the vehicle’s V5C registration-document to not carry a CO2 value either.

It might be interesting to know how many forum-members who have a reasonably recent motorhome or car have the vehicle’s CofC. I don’t have one for my Rapido motorhome, nor for our Skoda car.

Although data from the CofC should be sent to the DVLA when a vehicle with ECWVTA is UK-registered, there’s normally no overpowering reason for the CofC to be passed on to the vehicle owner. I suspect that, if the owner of a motorhome does not ask for the CofC, there’s a high likelihood the dealer won’t provide it.

Derek Uzzell - 2017-02-04 10:25 AM

Thanks

V

It might be interesting to know how many forum-members who have a reasonably recent motorhome or car have the vehicle’s CofC. I don’t have one for my Rapido motorhome, nor for our Skoda car.

The COC for our 2012 Hymer was part of the hand over pack from the dealer, it is all in German, the details of the base vehicle are on the back, this is a fiat/alko 3.0L, Iveco is quoted as the engine manufacturer and the CO is 0.035 gm/KM This is a euro 4 vehicle. The CO figure does not appear on the V5.

hagrid - 2017-02-04 11:09 AM

Derek Uzzell - 2017-02-04 10:25 AM

Thanks

V

The COC for our 2012 Hymer was part of the hand over pack from the dealer, it is all in German, the details of the base vehicle are on the back, this is a fiat/alko 3.0L, Iveco is quoted as the engine manufacturer and the CO is 0.035 gm/KM This is a euro 4 vehicle. The CO figure does not appear on the V5.

We also have the CofC, it's from Deleffs, they convert the Fiat base into a Globecar motorhome, was supplied to us from SMC the UK dealer.

It lists the CO and CO2, note it is the CO2 figure that can be filled on the french form, the V5 doesn't have CO2 or Euro number listed, and on the french form these are not mandatory, but it does insist the date is filled in, doing this gives a false figure and returns a C2 disc.

I could be bloody minded and just fill in date which is confirmed by v5, or I could fill in CO2 and/or euro4, but with them only accepting v5 have no proof, think I'll probably fill all in and let them decide.

Archived