New Pollution Regulations France

Vernon B

My scanner produced a j.peg file at 300dpi of page 2 of the V5. I used a free online converter to convert it to another j.peg with a 200dpi and it uploaded successfully. Here's the link to the free online converter if anyone else wants to try it. Found it very quick and simple.

http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-jpg

One thing I didn't find that simple on the crit air site was some of the terminology. Crossing my fingers it all works out OK.

Veronica

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Violet1956 - 2017-02-09 9:25 AM

My scanner produced a j.peg file at 300dpi of page 2 of the V5. I used a free online converter to convert it to another j.peg with a 200dpi and it uploaded successfully. Here's the link to the free online converter if anyone else wants to try it. Found it very quick and simple.

http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-jpg

One thing I didn't find that simple on the crit air site was some of the terminology. Crossing my fingers it all works out OK.

Veronica

Don't think it will work! I'm such a div. I didn't check how legible it was and looking at it again I doubt they can read it. Wonder what will happen from here. Glad it's only 4+ Euros down the pan. :-(

Veronica

As regards to emission stickers. I have the German one however when i first applied they sent me Euro 3 which was correct, but when i broke my screen the sticker went with that so i re applied and got sent

a Euro 4 . This was from Berlin .That is the cheapest way to upgrade the MH i know.

There's been some activity with my application made on 3 Feb. They've taken my money! - but only the postage if you recall. And my bank have helped themselves to a £1.12 charge for converting it to euros.

Now I've just tried the Application Tracking system on the website. You need to enter your e-mail address, your Registration Number and the Reference Number issued by them. Computer Says NO! Because it doesn't recognize my Registration Number - the very one I submitted under the heading "Registration Number". If you press the "!" help button you get an image of a French certificate of registration with a number circled but it doesn't look anything like a reg number more like a reference number on the reg document.

I will be patient and try again in a few days.

V

I applied for mine today and found it reasonably straightforward. Note that the boxes to be filled in only have to completed if they have a red asterix in them therefore you do not need to put the CO2 figure in. As for the vehicle category, most of us are M1 as per our registration documents unless you are above I think 5000kg. The difficult part was a copy of the vehicle registration document but that was only copying it at a sufficient resolution to be read as a JPEG file but then resizing it to keep it below the 200kb limit.

As for the cost I have seen many people giving different costs but the 'Disk' costs 3.70 Euro and with postage the overall cost is 4.80 Euros. Other 'rogue' sites I have seen are charging much more but these are not the official site (a bit like renewing your EC111 form on-line where some 'rogue sites cash in).

I have a receipt for the money that I paid but as stated by others the order tracking part of the website does not recognise a UK number plate although you submit this on their form ! C'est la vie.

Alan

ok veh cat i put car serial number i put the vin no brand i put fiat brand i put bavaria the rest is not required i think all they really need to know is when the registration was as a uk v5 does not give any co2 or emissions data so the date of registration is all they have to go on but then again i could be wrong

There are actually quite a few diesel aircraft at the light aircraft end of things - they run on Jet A-1 fuel which is very cheap compared with motor petrol or Aviation petrol and they are becoming more popular.

Very minor issue compared with diesel vehicles though.....

Mick Bajcar

hi folks just been reading a post on another forum that belgium, norway,denmark and the netherlands are joining in , magic how long before we wont be able to see out of the screen, so much for joined up thinking in the eu regardless of how many stickers i have my van is and always will be euro4 so why so many stickers

I believe that i have order my sticker correctley as i have received email back and money has been taken from bank. However when checking to see how this is going on when typing registration number in they

donot recognize it . Just have to wait and see

Mickt

See the post from ‘pagey’ above (dated 11 February 2017 10:56 AM) that advises that entering one’s email address and order number (but not the registration number) is sufficient for tracking to be carried out.

(It might be worth trying entering the UK registration number without any spaces in it, but as registration numbers for the various European countries will have different formats, it would not be too surprising if the French tracking system only recognises French format numbers.)

Has anyone received their 'sticker' yet?

I applied for mine on 7th February and the money was debited from my card almost immediately. I have 'tracked my application' and according to the website it is 'Order in progress'.

I know the French might not turn things around as quickly as the Germans and they are probably swamped with requests but it would be nice to see something for my money!!

Hi folks,

First post - prompted to an extent by this thread. I live just outside (10k) Grenoble and have been here for 10+ years. The air pollution issue is well know now by the local people and the air quality index and associated speed limit have been a feature throughout the time I have lived here. Until now it has been dealt with by using a speed limit of 70kmh whenever the air quality falls below a certain level. This is shown on all electronic road signs within approx 15-20km of the city centre - so well out onto the autoroutes.

Naturally, half the drivers comply and half ignore it. I have never seen the police stop anybody for speeding at this time and there is little evidence of any enforcement.

With this new system the onus is very much on the driver to check whether their vehicle is permitted to enter town on that day. TBH any system making it local governments fault would just be countered with 'sorry officer I didn't hear/see the requirement.

I have a small petrol car(group 1) and a big old (2005) diesel 4x4 (group 4). The only limit so far during peak pollution was group 4 and above not permitted. Check Internet/news and roadside signs (!) for updates.

Whether the police will enforce this any more than before is unknown. Lots of my French friends refuse to apply for the sticker - they think it will go the same way as breathalysers which are not required despite what the ferry companies tell you...

ATB

PS took just over 2 weeks to deliver stickers for a French registered car and a French address.

Mick Bajcar - 2017-02-11 4:18 PM

There are actually quite a few diesel aircraft at the light aircraft end of things - they run on Jet A-1 fuel which is very cheap compared with motor petrol or Aviation petrol and they are becoming more popular.

Very minor issue compared with diesel vehicles though.....

Mick Bajcar

what, you mean like harbours and ports? I can hardly see across the bay once a visiting cruise ship docks with engines running until it leaves and fishing boats starting up from cold every morning, black diesel smoke pouring out. I'd bet my camper will cause less pollution during its useful life time than one of these engines running for five minutes.

Archived