More Brexit good news.......

Guest pelmetman

John52 - 2017-10-18 9:30 PM

antony1969 - 2017-10-18 8:36 PM

I quoted what you said John and added my own question , which you seem to have ignored ...

You are even misquoting yourself now

I did not answer it because it wasn't a question.

If it was a question why did you not put a question mark after it?

Errr ... You might want to look again ... 3 , yes 3 question marks behind it

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
antony1969 - 2017-10-19 6:32 AM

I quoted what you said John and added my own question , which you seem to have ignored ...

I doubt if you will bother to look again but if you do you will see the post I was replying to was not a question and there were no question marks after it.

The one with 3 question marks after it was further back and I did not reply to it because it was just another irrelevant diversion - we were talking about fidling the employment figures, not who closed the greatest number of mines.

RogerC - 2017-10-18 10:28 PM
John52 - 2017-10-18 8:49 PM
RogerC - 2017-10-18 8:40 PM Therefore to answer 'what sort of person' is rather a difficult question to answer.  
Difficult for you to answer.But others can see that 'Gospel truth' is an expression used by the Establishment, or those brainwashed by the Establishment - into thinking the Estanblishment's 'Gospel' can't be wrong. :-(

You do spout a load of excrement ...........
So you just default to ad hominem again when you are caught out.

John52 - 2017-10-19 8:45 AM

I doubt if you will bother to look again but if you do you will see the post I was replying to was not a question and there were no question marks after it.

The one with 3 question marks after it was further back and I did not reply to it because it was just another irrelevant diversion - we were talking about fidling the employment figures, not who closed the greatest number of mines.

So given the original post is about Brexit what does Mrs Thatcher and shutting mines have to do with that ??? Nice try doesn't quite work though does it ???

Guest pelmetman

we were talking about fidling the employment figures, not who closed the greatest number of mines.

I'm happy that the figures are correct based on my own recent experiences of trying to get tradesmen, plus conversations with friends and family who are in business ;-) .........

The UK PLC is booming B-) ..........

Much to the annoyance of Corbynistas & Remoaners >:-) .........

antony1969 - 2017-10-19 9:41 AM

So given the original post is about Brexit what does Mrs Thatcher and shutting mines have to do with that ??? Nice try doesn't quite work though does it ???

How many times do I have to repeat it before it sinks in?

Whilst Thatcher was closing mines etc, her unemployment count was falling *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-10-19 10:06 AM

Of course that couldn't possibly be that people were getting other jobs could it? ;-) ........

pelmetman - 2017-10-19 9:48 AM

I'm happy that the figures are correct based on my own recent experiences of trying to get tradesmen, plus conversations with friends and family who are in business ;-) .........

A self-inflicted wound Dave?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/25/surge-in-poles-leaving-uk-since-brexit-vote-fuels-net-migration-drop *-)

Lucky you that it is of a kind that needs no medical attention

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/brexit-nurses-open-britain_uk_59b56a3ae4b0b5e53106d18b

;-)

John52 - 2017-10-19 10:06 AM

antony1969 - 2017-10-19 9:41 AM

What's that got to do with Brexit ???

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2017-10-19 11:07 AM

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/25/surge-in-poles-leaving-uk-since-brexit-vote-fuels-net-migration-drop *-)

You may have a shortage of cheap Polish plumbers down Souf.......But in Lincolnshire all the tradesmen I used were Anglo Saxon and had more work than they can shake a stick at........Because the economy is thriving post BREXIT B-) .......

Guest pelmetman

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/brexit-nurses-open-britain_uk_59b56a3ae4b0b5e53106d18b

;-)

So only EU nurses work in the NHS? *-) ...........Funny thing is the foreign staff at the hospital I last went to had a distinctly oriental look about them ;-) ........

John52 - 2017-10-19 8:47 AM
RogerC - 2017-10-18 10:28 PM
John52 - 2017-10-18 8:49 PM
RogerC - 2017-10-18 8:40 PM Therefore to answer 'what sort of person' is rather a difficult question to answer.  
Difficult for you to answer.But others can see that 'Gospel truth' is an expression used by the Establishment, or those brainwashed by the Establishment - into thinking the Estanblishment's 'Gospel' can't be wrong. :-(

You do spout a load of excrement ...........
So you just default to ad hominem again when you are caught out.

Caught out?  With regard to what?  I said the question was difficult to answer because you asked 'What sort of person'?    Now that could be what sort in terms of intellect, political leanings, race, colour, creed, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, employment, interests, etc etc ergo the question you posed is difficult, if not impossible to answer. However if you bother to read my reply thoroughly you will see I did attempt to cover the exceedingly broad scope you encompassed in the generalisation contained in your question. 

Now who is 'caught out'?   

pelmetman - 2017-10-19 11:45 AM

You may have a shortage of cheap Polish plumbers down Souf.......But in Lincolnshire all the tradesmen I used were Anglo Saxon and had more work than they can shake a stick at........Because the economy is thriving post BREXIT B-) .......

...and I thought that many Lincolnshire folk believed EU folk were taking all our jobs

pelmetman - 2017-10-19 11:48 AM

;-)

So only EU nurses work in the NHS? *-) ...........Funny thing is the foreign staff at the hospital I last went to had a distinctly oriental look about them ;-) ........

So your personal experience of one hospital gives the lie to the information contained in this article? Must try harder Dave. (lol)

Violet1956 - 2017-10-19 12:15 PM

...and I thought that many Lincolnshire folk believed EU folk were taking all our jobs

Exaggerating Veronica ... Low skilled , low pay jobs maybe

antony1969 - 2017-10-19 12:18 PM

Violet1956 - 2017-10-19 12:15 PM

Exaggerating Veronica ... Low skilled , low pay jobs maybe

I agree with you Antony they were exaggerating. They were taking the low skilled low pay jobs those Lincolnshire folk didn't want. I'm a former yellow-belly myself and having worked on the land during my school holidays I wouldn't want to do those jobs again either if there was an alternative.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2017-10-19 12:17 PM

;-)

So your personal experience of one hospital gives the lie to the information contained in this article? Must try harder Dave. (lol)

You're starting to sound like desperate Remoaner Veronica *-) .........

BTW my recent experience is from hospitals in Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire & Dorset ;-) ......

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2017-10-19 12:23 PM

I agree with you Antony they were exaggerating. They were taking the low skilled low pay jobs those Lincolnshire folk didn't want. I'm a former yellow-belly myself and having worked on the land during my school holidays I wouldn't want to do those jobs again either if there was an alternative.

The farmers have always used foreign labour..........They used to do the work then go home......

The difference now days is they have access to the British benefit system, so can live here whether they work or not *-) ........

Which is partly why our services such as schools hospitals etc are buckling under the pressure :-| ......

pelmetman - 2017-10-19 1:32 PM

Violet1956 - 2017-10-19 12:17 PM

;-)

You're starting to sound like desperate Remoaner Veronica *-) .........

BTW my recent experience is from hospitals in Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire & Dorset ;-) ......

You're right Dave, right in the sense that I am a pretty desperate Remoaner as you call it. One hospital has become several now I notice. I'd hazard a guess they were Filipino. There were quite a few of them working as nurses when I visited my ma in a North Lincolnshire hospital. In my local hospital here in the home counties there seem to be many Polish nurses but I suppose you can say "I'm alright Jack" as opposed to my "woe is me".

I know we can possibly recruit from other places overseas to fill any gaps left by departing EU nationals but my issue is the disruption to NHS services, the costs of recruitment and training etc. All hidden costs of Brexit that no one really contemplated before the referendum.

Veronica

I don't believe any of us has actually got the slightest idea of how our country will fare after we leave the EU, to a greater or lesser degree, all we do is repeat and build on the output of journalists and politicians who also have no idea how this will turn out either.

When you write that we will lose this or that, you are taking no account of the benefits we will receive as a consequence of our independence as well. Which way the balance tips will not be known until after the event, and if you really think that you can foretell the future then I suggest that you put all the money you can on horse racing, or the lottery etc where you will win so much money that your future is secure regardless of the outcome of the negotiations.

Maybe we should instead keep our counsel and stop saying stupid, unsubstantiated things about what you fear, and put some faith in our democracy.

We had a referendum in which we were all entitled to vote, and in the run up to the referendum people had the opportunity to put their views on how we should vote. We voted in accordance with our version of democracy, and there was a majority in favour of leaving.

Anyone with half a brain would now realise that it is in all our interests that those negotiating our withdrawal are given the support, qualified or otherwise, of all of us as they try to get the best deal they can, and that is not helped by stupid people, of all political persuasions, who seem to think that it would be better to destroy our prospects of a successful negotiations rather than let those they do not support succeed.

AGD

It makes no difference what anyone says on here but when I see the likes of Jeremy Corbyn and his cronies whingeing and complaining in total capitulation instead of getting behind the government and pushing in unity against the EU for the sake of the country it makes me realise even more what a total waste of space the Labour leadership is.

Archiesgrandad - 2017-10-19 7:40 PMI don't believe any of us has actually got the slightest idea of how our country will fare after we leave the EU, to a greater or lesser degree, all we do is repeat and build on the output of journalists and politicians who also have no idea how this will turn out either. When you write that we will lose this or that, you are taking no account of the benefits we will receive as a consequence of our independence as well. Which way the balance tips will not be known until after the event, and if you really think that you can foretell the future then I suggest that you put all the money you can on horse racing, or the lottery etc where you will win so much money that your future is secure regardless of the outcome of the negotiations. Maybe we should instead keep our counsel and stop saying stupid, unsubstantiated things about what you fear, and put some faith in our democracy.We had a referendum in which we were all entitled to vote, and in the run up to the referendum people had the opportunity to put their views on how we should vote. We voted in accordance with our version of democracy, and there was a majority in favour of leaving.Anyone with half a brain would now realise that it is in all our interests that those negotiating our withdrawal are given the support, qualified or otherwise, of all of us as they try to get the best deal they can, and that is not helped by stupid people, of all political persuasions, who seem to think that it would be better to destroy our prospects of a successful negotiations rather than let those they do not support succeed.AGD
AGD you put the message I have been attempting to get across with little success, so much better than I appear to have.  I concur 100% that the whining has to stop, that no one knows the outcome and talking down the UK prospects is potentially a nation defeating attitude we could well do without.  

Unfortunately I consider both you, I and millions of others will have to suffer the machinations of the remain camp regardless of what the future holds because, as you can see from their posts here and comments elsewhere, they 'DO KNOW' what the future holds......because they keep on telling us. 

RogerC - 2017-10-19 9:03 PM

AGD you put the message I have been attempting to get across with little success, so much better than I appear to have. I concur 100% that the whining has to stop, that no one knows the outcome and talking down the UK prospects is potentially a nation defeating attitude we could well do without.

Yet here you are............still whining! :-S

Unfortunately I consider both you, I and millions of others will have to suffer the machinations of the remain camp regardless of what the future holds because, as you can see from their posts here and comments elsewhere, they 'DO KNOW' what the future holds......because they keep on telling us.

So when your 'Leave' policies don't quite go your way, it's down to the 'machinations' of those nasty Remainers eh? *-)

Tracker - 2017-10-19 7:48 PM

It makes no difference what anyone says on here but when I see the likes of Jeremy Corbyn and his cronies whingeing and complaining in total capitulation instead of getting behind the government and pushing in unity against the EU for the sake of the country it makes me realise even more what a total waste of space the Labour leadership is.

Sorry Rich but whether you support labour or not your statement is laughable. Get behind the government and push in unity? :D someone should perhaps tell that to the Tories who at the moment are about as United as a runny Jelly. They are off in all sorts of directions. All with different agenda. They really are a joke party and stand about as much chance of Being unified and doing a decent job of anything let alone Brexit right now as I have of winning the lottery as I don't even play it.

As for all this guff people on here are saying about remainers getting behind the government and brezit :D that really does make me laugh. If you vote labour and the tories get in do you say "oh they won so I'll be a Tory then" and just give up supporting your party?

I happen to believe we should remain in the eu. I don't care what the rest of you want and I'll continue to campaign to remain or rejoin the eu as long as I like thanks. That's democracy for you

Bulletguy - 2017-10-19 10:20 PM
RogerC - 2017-10-19 9:03 PMAGD you put the message I have been attempting to get across with little success, so much better than I appear to have. I concur 100% that the whining has to stop, that no one knows the outcome and talking down the UK prospects is potentially a nation defeating attitude we could well do without.
Yet here you are............still whining! :-S
So when your 'Leave' policies don't quite go your way, it's down to the 'machinations' of those nasty Remainers eh? *-)

Clearly you didn't get the message.  It is the 'Remoaning' doom and gloom merchants I and millions of others are heartily sick of....your bleating on and on because you LOST.

Then again you and your lot of 'Crystal ball' gazing loons clearly know the outcome so pray do tell.....detail not just waffle please.

Archived