Downing St condemns Trumps hateful Tweets

Bulletguy

antony1969 - 2017-12-02 2:24 PM

Violet1956 - 2017-12-01 7:07 PM

antony1969 - 2017-12-01 7:02 PM

Brian Kirby - 2017-12-01 6:14 PM

antony1969 - 2017-12-01 5:27 PM...........................Its a shame though Brian that Britain First put a video filmed by others on Twitter showing the things it shows and we ( not me ) are condemning them and not those carrying out the acts ??? ... All seems a little backwards to me
Well, it seems that at least one of the videos was a fake. See here for more detail. http://tinyurl.com/y9j9kkus

So what we now seem to have is an organisation, whose motivations are at least dubious, trawling the internet for images that support its agenda, not checking their veracity, and casually re-purposing them to its own ends.

Is that "backward"? To me, yes, because if that is how politics, even gutter politics, are to be conducted, we can forget about democracy.

Britain First is doing exactly what the dodgy Mullahs do. Using lies and half-truths to manipulate people into believing that they are under some existential threat.

Do we want our country to be run, or even influenced, on the basis of lies and fake news, or on the basis of truth and honest reporting? So, I don't buy your "ends justify the means" line of reasoning on this.

Brian ... I am afraid we live in a gutter politics era and we live in a time when anything other than your own view is not tolerated ... Take this place , a motorhome forum where if you dare to question or disagree you are in line for a whole load of names ... This thread started ironically about hateful tweets/posts has in the first post by the original poster a whole load of names and insults but yet Im presuming by the thread title the OP was originally attempting to condemn hateful tweets/posts ???

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone Antony.

Biblical quote aside ... Are you assuming my gender identity ???

You've lost me there Antony sorry. What relevance has your gender identity or any possible assumption about it?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Violet1956 - 2017-12-02 2:48 PM

antony1969 - 2017-12-01 5:27 PM...........................Its a shame though Brian that Britain First put a video filmed by others on Twitter showing the things it shows and we ( not me ) are condemning them and not those carrying out the acts ??? ... All seems a little backwards to me
Well, it seems that at least one of the videos was a fake. See here for more detail. http://tinyurl.com/y9j9kkus

So what we now seem to have is an organisation, whose motivations are at least dubious, trawling the internet for images that support its agenda, not checking their veracity, and casually re-purposing them to its own ends.

Is that "backward"? To me, yes, because if that is how politics, even gutter politics, are to be conducted, we can forget about democracy.

Britain First is doing exactly what the dodgy Mullahs do. Using lies and half-truths to manipulate people into believing that they are under some existential threat.

Do we want our country to be run, or even influenced, on the basis of lies and fake news, or on the basis of truth and honest reporting? So, I don't buy your "ends justify the means" line of reasoning on this.

Brian ... I am afraid we live in a gutter politics era and we live in a time when anything other than your own view is not tolerated ... Take this place , a motorhome forum where if you dare to question or disagree you are in line for a whole load of names ... This thread started ironically about hateful tweets/posts has in the first post by the original poster a whole load of names and insults but yet Im presuming by the thread title the OP was originally attempting to condemn hateful tweets/posts ???

You've lost me there Antony sorry. What relevance has your gender identity or any possible assumption about it?

He who is without sin ... That should be gender neutral these days

antony1969 - 2017-12-02 5:03 PM

Violet1956 - 2017-12-02 2:48 PM

He who is without sin ... That should be gender neutral these days

Pronouncements in the bible on what is right or wrong are a bit like the law in general. In any statement, unless the contrary is express or implied, the masculine includes the feminine. But as you rightly identify the bible much like the Koran has to be interpreted so as to reflect modern thought.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2017-12-02 5:39 PM

But as you rightly identify the bible much like the Koran has to be interpreted so as to reflect modern thought.

Just a thought from an Atheist..... it appears to to me there's more Christians applying modern thought than Muslims :-| ........

pelmetman - 2017-12-03 9:02 AM

But as you rightly identify the bible much like the Koran has to be interpreted so as to reflect modern thought.

Just a thought from an Atheist..... it appears to to me there's more Christians applying modern thought than Muslims :-| ........

I take your point Dave. So long as the secular laws prevail over religious ones anyone can believe what they like. I know people get hot under the collar about Sharia Law but nobody is required to submit to it and it will never take the place of the secular laws that we have, just as a Judaic and cannon law won't.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2017-12-03 9:16 AM

I take your point Dave. So long as the secular laws prevail over religious ones anyone can believe what they like. I know people get hot under the collar about Sharia Law but nobody is required to submit to it and it will never take the place of the secular laws that we have, just as a Judaic and cannon law won't.

I wish I had your confidence :-| ..........

RogerC - 2017-12-01 10:35 PM
Barryd999 - 2017-12-01 10:27 PM
RogerC - 2017-12-01 8:21 PM
Barryd999 - 2017-11-30 6:43 PM
Brian Kirby - 2017-11-30 6:14 PMIt's water under the bridge now but, FWIW, I think it would have been far better for our PM to have maintained silence in public, but to have responded through the British Ambassador directly to the White House. Diplomacy by Twitter is not going to work. Posts on Twitter are Tweets, and most Tweets are made by Twits! :-)But, we have to remember that Trump is the President of the US, and that the post should be respected even if respect for the post-holder is difficult. We should also remember that he was elected by a majority of Americans, so publicly disrespecting the post-holder is liable to appear to his electorate as indirect disrespect of them. Not very clever!Since we are intent on leaving the EC, it seems an undesirable gaff to open an avoidable rift with America - unless it is intended to so worry Brexiters that they begin to clamour for an exit from Brexit, in which case it is a brilliant move! :-D
For once I am going to disagree Brian. Of course it should have been publicly condemned. Its not even accurate. Even the Fail has reported the so called Migrant beating up the guy on crutches was a Dutch national and the Police said he isnt even a Muslim. Of course like the other fake reports like the so called migrants kicking a woman down the stairs in Germany who also turned out not to be migrants the damage is done. Those that support this kind of racism will he whooping with joy and retweeting regardless of if any of it is true or not. We must be shown to condemn this kind of very un-presidential behaviour. As for you last paragraph I Think its inevitable that the whole world will fall out with Trump so maybe it will turn out to be a good move. It seems like he has been in power for ever but he has at least three years to go unless they get shot of him early. Do we really want to be beholden to him? Good God I hope not. Roger. I will be meeting my good life long friend Akram tomorrow. He is a Muslim, we will probably do some work then go for a few beers. Ill try and remember to ask him what he is going to to about ISIS shall I? (lol)

If you feel being so flippant about such a serious matter then I hope you do.  Your 'friend' might have an informed answer but then again he might just think, as I do with regard to your juvenile comment, that you are simply an idiot.
I was flippant because earlier you trotted out the usual rubbish suggesting Muslims should speak out more or do something about terrorists. Point is its all probably as alien to him or most Muslims as it is to anyone on this forum. As we know of course (Well those of us who care to look outside the right wing rags) Muslims have done great deal to out extremists and rally against terrorism but I would no longer bring it up with my pal anymore than I would with any of my friends. Anyway if I had asked him we would have probably had a good laugh about it. As was posted the other day laughing at them is probably the way forward. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/tv-radio/bbc-the-real-housewives-of-isis-sketch-islamic-state-revolting-comedy-controversy-opinion-reaction-a7510581.html

.....and what is rubbish about wanting over 2 billion of the worlds population to speak out, make sure the worlds press listens to them and gives as much time and space to those who seek to deliver peace in the name of their God as it does to those who invoke his teachings in order to justify their jihad to maim, kill and destroy kafirs?

Laugh at them?  Remember Charlie Hebdo?  Not much of a laugh was it.
Why should my pal for example feel the need to speak out against crimes committed by a small bunch of nutcases who have decided to promote their twisted version of a faith in order to carry out atrocities across the globe? Hes not even remotely religious but because he was born and registered as Muslim he should speak out about it more than you are I should you think?If you go looking for the information you will however find that peaceful Muslims have spoken out against the likes of ISIS and are doing what they can to prevent extremism both within their communities and with our security services. Of course it hardly ever makes the likes of the Mail or Express as it doesnt sell papers. People who read those papers dont want to read about Muslims doing good things, they just want to hear about them blowing stuff up or lopping heads off.Yep, Charlie Hebdo, horrific, which makes those Muslims that are taking the pish in that video and many others like it that are now appearing not only very forward and moderate thinking but also very brave. Feck em! I think is their attitude but it does more than that. It helps bridge the gap between Muslims and non Muslims which sadly thanks to the actions of a few head cases is widening.

Barryd999 - 2017-12-03 11:31 AM
Brian Kirby - 2017-11-30 6:14 PMIt's water under the bridge now but, FWIW, I think it would have been far better for our PM to have maintained silence in public, but to have responded through the British Ambassador directly to the White House. Diplomacy by Twitter is not going to work. Posts on Twitter are Tweets, and most Tweets are made by Twits! :-)But, we have to remember that Trump is the President of the US, and that the post should be respected even if respect for the post-holder is difficult. We should also remember that he was elected by a majority of Americans, so publicly disrespecting the post-holder is liable to appear to his electorate as indirect disrespect of them. Not very clever!Since we are intent on leaving the EC, it seems an undesirable gaff to open an avoidable rift with America - unless it is intended to so worry Brexiters that they begin to clamour for an exit from Brexit, in which case it is a brilliant move! :-D
For once I am going to disagree Brian. Of course it should have been publicly condemned. Its not even accurate. Even the Fail has reported the so called Migrant beating up the guy on crutches was a Dutch national and the Police said he isnt even a Muslim. Of course like the other fake reports like the so called migrants kicking a woman down the stairs in Germany who also turned out not to be migrants the damage is done. Those that support this kind of racism will he whooping with joy and retweeting regardless of if any of it is true or not. We must be shown to condemn this kind of very un-presidential behaviour. As for you last paragraph I Think its inevitable that the whole world will fall out with Trump so maybe it will turn out to be a good move. It seems like he has been in power for ever but he has at least three years to go unless they get shot of him early. Do we really want to be beholden to him? Good God I hope not. Roger. I will be meeting my good life long friend Akram tomorrow. He is a Muslim, we will probably do some work then go for a few beers. Ill try and remember to ask him what he is going to to about ISIS shall I? (lol)

If you feel being so flippant about such a serious matter then I hope you do.  Your 'friend' might have an informed answer but then again he might just think, as I do with regard to your juvenile comment, that you are simply an idiot.
I was flippant because earlier you trotted out the usual rubbish suggesting Muslims should speak out more or do something about terrorists. Point is its all probably as alien to him or most Muslims as it is to anyone on this forum. As we know of course (Well those of us who care to look outside the right wing rags) Muslims have done great deal to out extremists and rally against terrorism but I would no longer bring it up with my pal anymore than I would with any of my friends. Anyway if I had asked him we would have probably had a good laugh about it. As was posted the other day laughing at them is probably the way forward. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/tv-radio/bbc-the-real-housewives-of-isis-sketch-islamic-state-revolting-comedy-controversy-opinion-reaction-a7510581.html

.....and what is rubbish about wanting over 2 billion of the worlds population to speak out, make sure the worlds press listens to them and gives as much time and space to those who seek to deliver peace in the name of their God as it does to those who invoke his teachings in order to justify their jihad to maim, kill and destroy kafirs?

Why should my pal for example feel the need to speak out against crimes committed by a small bunch of nutcases who have decided to promote their twisted version of a faith in order to carry out atrocities across the globe? Hes not even remotely religious but because he was born and registered as Muslim he should speak out about it more than you are I should you think?If you go looking for the information you will however find that peaceful Muslims have spoken out against the likes of ISIS and are doing what they can to prevent extremism both within their communities and with our security services. Of course it hardly ever makes the likes of the Mail or Express as it doesnt sell papers. People who read those papers dont want to read about Muslims doing good things, they just want to hear about them blowing stuff up or lopping heads off.Yep, Charlie Hebdo, horrific, which makes those Muslims that are taking the pish in that video and many others like it that are now appearing not only very forward and moderate thinking but also very brave. Feck em! I think is their attitude but it does more than that. It helps bridge the gap between Muslims and non Muslims which sadly thanks to the actions of a few head cases is widening.

That is part of the problem......as you say 'if you go looking for it'.  I believe I have already said the press has a part to play and instead of giving such prominence (although I don't see how atrocities can be ignored) to terrorist acts it should balance those acts with coverage of condemnation by Islam/Muslim leaders so people can see for themselves the world of Islam equally condemns these acts/individuals/organisations.  Prominent individuals in positions of influence have over 2 billion individuals they can address if only the press would offer the platform and make their call for peace more prominent than those that deliver death and destruction on the innocent in the name of Allah.

'People reading Mail or Express etc want to see......'  That comment is unbelievably sick and beneath contempt.  If you truly believe that then you are one sad individual.

RogerC - 2017-12-03 3:39 PM

That is part of the problem......as you say 'if you go looking for it'.  I believe I have already said the press has a part to play and instead of giving such prominence (although I don't see how atrocities can be ignored) to terrorist acts it should balance those acts with coverage of condemnation by Islam/Muslim leaders so people can see for themselves the world of Islam equally condemns these acts/individuals/organisations.  Prominent individuals in positions of influence have over 2 billion individuals they can address if only the press would offer the platform and make their call for peace more prominent than those that deliver death and destruction on the innocent in the name of Allah.

'People reading Mail or Express etc want to see......'  That comment is unbelievably sick and beneath contempt.  If you truly believe that then you are one sad individual.
Well maybe I went too far with that second statement but lets face it, if the Mail were to start running stories about all the good work many Muslims do to counter the terrorism threat they would probably lose half their readership overnight. Instead they constantly feed their readership the sort of crap that they want to hear. Nobody wants to hear about people being blown up I am sure but to some the slightest mention of anything bad that might involve Muslims they are on it like a tramp on chips. Take president of the United States. Cant wait to get stuck in on idiotter regarding the Muslim Migrant beating up the disabled guy to show the world how bad they ALL are. Turns out its fake neeeewws though huh? Dont matter to him, the damage is done. Its what some people want to hear. His new bessy mates "Britain First" are now globally known and they are practically giving him cyber blow jobs for his efforts. Thats sad and sick.

Barryd999 - 2017-12-03 4:49 PM

Well maybe I went too far with that second statement but lets face it, if the Mail were to start running stories about all the good work many Muslims do to counter the terrorism threat they would probably lose half their readership overnight. Instead they constantly feed their readership the sort of crap that they want to hear. Nobody wants to hear about people being blown up I am sure but to some the slightest mention of anything bad that might involve Muslims they are on it like a tramp on chips. Take president of the United States. Cant wait to get stuck in on idiotter regarding the Muslim Migrant beating up the disabled guy to show the world how bad they ALL are. Turns out its fake neeeewws though huh? Dont matter to him, the damage is done. Its what some people want to hear. His new bessy mates "Britain First" are now globally known and they are practically giving him cyber blow jobs for his efforts. Thats sad and sick.

Chances are he doesn't even know what Britain First is really about and just looked at the name which maybe he thinks goes with his ideas of USA First.

Your 'loss of half readership' comment still shows you have some warped ideas regarding the people of this country.  

What I would dearly like to see is more responsible balanced journalism from 'all' the papers.  Instead of plastering the front pages with images of atrocities why not put the moderate/condemnation detail on the front page and then the act itself on the inside.......so the headline could read  'XYZ Muslim leader condemns atrocity' and give front page impact to the condemnation and peace efforts.  Then instead of the nut jobs getting front page coverage put them onto page two, three or four.  So papers still sell but as Lennon said...'Give peace a chance'

Ouch!! It's only ok to bang on about Sharia law.......not Judaism which also has it's own law councils in UK and actually shares similarities to Sharia. Here is a good article busting the commonly held myths of Sharia law and for balance, also includes myth busting on Jewish council law.

http://greatbritishcommunity.org/myth-busters-4-sharia-laws-taking-over-britain/

RogerC - 2017-12-03 5:29 PM
Barryd999 - 2017-12-03 4:49 PM

Chances are he doesn't even know what Britain First is really about and just looked at the name which maybe he thinks goes with his ideas of USA First.

Your 'loss of half readership' comment still shows you have some warped ideas regarding the people of this country.  

What I would dearly like to see is more responsible balanced journalism from 'all' the papers.  Instead of plastering the front pages with images of atrocities why not put the moderate/condemnation detail on the front page and then the act itself on the inside.......so the headline could read  'XYZ Muslim leader condemns atrocity' and give front page impact to the condemnation and peace efforts.  Then instead of the nut jobs getting front page coverage put them onto page two, three or four.  So papers still sell but as Lennon said...'Give peace a chance'
For the simple reason as I said. It wont sell those kinds of papers.As for Trump not knowing who Britain First is, he is the most powerful man in the world (God help us) THE premier world leader, do you not think he should know who he is retweeting? Does he not have any advisers or has he sacked anyone that isnt a far right wing yes man?Im not bothered really. The more he does to alienate himself from the rest of the world the better (for us) in my opinion. I feel sorry for the American people but personally IMO the UK cant distance itself enough from the USA at the moment while he is at the helm. To think we are looking at shunning our civilised neighbours 22 miles away to deal with that idiot instead is just terrifying. The world is officially going mad.

RogerC - 2017-12-03 5:29 PM

Then that makes him even more irresponsible retweeting something from a Twitter feed just because the name appeals which i highly doubt given his mantra was always "America first...America first" (always repeats for 'effect'). No, he spotted an opportunity for pushing his Islamaphobic agenda using untruthful bile posted by a fringe fascist.

What I would dearly like to see is more responsible balanced journalism from 'all' the papers. Instead of plastering the front pages with images of atrocities why not put the moderate/condemnation detail on the front page and then the act itself on the inside.......

Wouldn't we all? So when is the Fail et al ever going to start reporting more responsibly? It's long had a history of inflammatory screechy xenophobic headlines from "Hurrah for the Blackshirts" to current day so it's got a hell of a lot of work to do to redeem itself.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-12-03 5:37 PM

Ouch!! It's only ok to bang on about Sharia law.......not Judaism which also has it's own law councils in UK and actually shares similarities to Sharia. Here is a good article busting the commonly held myths of Sharia law and for balance, also includes myth busting on Jewish council law.

http://greatbritishcommunity.org/myth-busters-4-sharia-laws-taking-over-britain/

They're trying though :-| ..........

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2014/nov/24/law-society-withdraws-guidance-sharia-wills

pelmetman - 2017-12-03 9:31 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2014/nov/24/law-society-withdraws-guidance-sharia-wills

Trying what exactly??

The Law Society document said: “Clients in England and Wales can legally choose to bequeath their assets according to sharia rules, providing the will is signed in accordance with the requirements set out in the Wills Act 1837.”

It's more a case of you whose "trying".........trying but failing spectacularly to show Sharia law is 'replacing' UK laws.

You didn't comment about Halakha, Beth Din and the Jewish Councils who have overseen their laws in UK for centuries, long before Sharia. Or is that too awkward for you to mention?

John52 - 2017-11-30 12:37 PM

This 'Special Relationship' seems very one sided..

America's biggest celebration is the anniversary of day they kicked the British Government out.

America never supported Britain in either war until they were attacked themselves.

Trump constantly humiliates the British Government.

So why do they suck up to America and shun their European neighbours?

Is it just because America is more right wing?

John, I don't know whether you follow Jonathan Pie's videos on line but his latest on Trump's Tweets from the 30 November is a hoot and something which you might enjoy watching. Are you sure you're not Jonathan Pie in disguise? ;-)

Don't recommend as viewing for everyone as the language is a bit ripe to say the least.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-12-03 10:20 PM

Trying what exactly??

The Law Society document said: “Clients in England and Wales can legally choose to bequeath their assets according to sharia rules, providing the will is signed in accordance with the requirements set out in the Wills Act 1837.”

It's more a case of you whose "trying".........trying but failing spectacularly to show Sharia law is 'replacing' UK laws.

You didn't comment about Halakha, Beth Din and the Jewish Councils who have overseen their laws in UK for centuries, long before Sharia. Or is that too awkward for you to mention?

Actually its more a case of the law society being forced to back down >:-) .........

Violet1956 - 2017-12-04 2:53 PM

America's biggest celebration is the anniversary of day they kicked the British Government out.

America never supported Britain in either war until they were attacked themselves.

John, I don't know whether you follow Jonathan Pie's videos on line but his latest on Trump's Tweets from the 30 November is a hoot and something which you might enjoy watching. Are you sure you're not Jonathan Pie in disguise? ;-)

Don't recommend as viewing for everyone as the language is a bit ripe to say the least.

I follow him. Flipping hilarious. I missed that one though.

Violet1956 - 2017-12-04 2:53 PM

Classic!! He has the loon summed up perfectly. (lol)

pelmetman - 2017-12-04 3:09 PM

Bulletguy - 2017-12-03 10:20 PM

Trying what exactly??

Actually its more a case of the law society being forced to back down >:-) .........

*-)*-) What bit of "...providing the will is signed in accordance with the requirements set out in the Wills Act 1837” can you not understand? And this is applicable to all of Sharia laws...they still have to adhere to British law.

I notice you ignored commenting about Halakha, Beth Din and the Jewish Councils who have overseen their laws in UK for centuries, long before Sharia, so i can see it certainly did prove too awkward for you to discuss.

Interesting......why am i not surprised at that?

antony1969 - 2017-12-04 5:37 PM

I can't see a problem with Sharia Law ... https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/13/here-are-the-10-countries-where-homosexuality-may-be-punished-by-death-2/?utm_term=.c6bfc9668805 ... Its very forward looking , modern outlook will surely be welcomed the world over ... Whats not to like

Ah but Antony nothing is punishable by death in our secular law. ;-)

Violet1956 - 2017-12-04 5:48 PM

I can't see a problem with Sharia Law ... https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/13/here-are-the-10-countries-where-homosexuality-may-be-punished-by-death-2/?utm_term=.c6bfc9668805 ... Its very forward looking , modern outlook will surely be welcomed the world over ... Whats not to like

Yet ... Honour killings are a price worth paying for many and above any British law they recognise

Bulletguy - 2017-12-04 6:50 PM

antony1969 - 2017-12-04 6:05 PM

Yet ... Honour killings are a price worth paying for many and above any British law they recognise.

Sentenced.........under British law.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/jul/14/ukcrime

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/dec/06/man-jailed-banaz-mahmod-honour-killing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-482669/Grandmother-jailed-life-honour-killing-cheating-daughter-law.html

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/19608/Mother-in-law-70-will-die-in-jail-for-bride-s-honour-killing

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/6832862/Honour-killing-father-convicted-of-murder-of-Tulay-Goren.html

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/brother-in-law-jailed-over-honour-killing-1051997

Currently banged up awaiting trial

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/celine-dookhran-murder-trial-mujahid-arshid-denies-charges-kidnap-rape-slitting-throat-freezer-a7998641.html

Whats your point ??? ... I said honour killings are above any British law they recognise ... Once again in your rush to defend you miss the point ... I'll give you one thing though you are very good at looking things up on the internet ... Folks addresses a speciality I hear

antony1969 - 2017-12-04 6:05 PM

Yet ... Honour killings are a price worth paying for many and above any British law they recognise

I'd say what's wrong with that statement is the bit where you said "for many". There have been some tragic cases I will grant you but they are not in such numbers as to support that part of that statement.

Archived