Downing St condemns Trumps hateful Tweets

Bulletguy

You can film people on a public street with or without their consent. Which causes problems for celebrities. They like to be filmed but on their terms when they are looking their best. But the photos that sell are of them caught inflagrante looking their worst. Hence Prince Hary losing his temper and physically attacking a journalist for carrying out his lawful job in a public street.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
antony1969 - 2017-12-01 12:13 PM

Violet1956 - 2017-12-01 11:30 AM

antony1969 - 2017-12-01 11:01 AM

Violet1956 - 2017-12-01 9:49 AM

antony1969 - 2017-12-01 7:46 AM

It gets funnier ... The site of our cocaine buying , anti-Semitic , terrorist supporting , expense fiddling , sexual predators , racist and white underpants wearing gay sex site trawling MPs getting all hysterical over our POTUS Trumps tweet is the laugh of the year ... They certainly have the high moral ground ... Keep tweeting Mr President your loved by many xxx My alarm on the house went off last night for no reason and this morning faint footsteps were set in the light snowfall ... Seriously does anyone know the law over cctv and if the camera points out slightly on to a public highway is that allowed ? ... Going to work this morning with a very scared missus was no fun

There's a mass of information about lawful use of private cctv on the internet. Glad you mention it because the people across the road have installed it and the sensors they have cause it to operate when people walk across our upstairs landing. When prompted by your post to look up what the law was (you know how much the law is an obsession of mine) I think they might be breaking it. Anyway as I said there's loads of stuff on the internet and it seems that so long as the privacy of neighbours and general passers-by is respected it's fine to install it.

This website gives the low down

https://www.cctv.co.uk/legal-requirements-for-cctv-at-home/

Can understand why your wife was spooked.

Veronica

Thanks Veronica ... A lot of weird stuff happening lately ... funny emails and post too ... I've had a word with my son in law Policeman just to log something down kind of officially as you never know with these situations ... Think the missus is going to the doctors later to get something to help.her sleep ... Thanks again

Sounds to me as if there's enough to send some officers round to your gaff to investigate whether an offence of attempt Burglary has been committed. Wouldn't be surprised if burglaries are on the up as it is the Christmas season and they are looking for easy stuff to lift. Season to be jolly eh? If I were your local copper I would be taking this incident seriously.

Possibly but I think it's something other than that ... Didn't help last night watching Fatal Attraction with Glenn Close obsessed character stalking poor Micheal Douglas ... I have contacted a friend who owns a security firm to see if he might do us a deal on providing security on a night just till maybe after Christmas and just hope this whole truly frightening experience might have gone away by then ... Regards

I Can get you a state of the art CCTV system set up Antony. The quarry I was working in yesterday has just had one fitted. Its superb. You can focus on a number plate from 200 metres away and get it to follow people around automatically. Im just working on how you can add some kind of death ray or summut to "take out" The intruder. £9999.99 though. To you. (death ray not included)

antony1969 - 2017-12-01 9:46 AM

I think Veronica is right we don't have a Muslim problem ... We don't have a problem that much that my young grandchild had a 'what to do in a school terrorist incident' lesson yesterday ... Instead of doing what 5 year olds should innocently be doing the children were shown what to do in case of an attack ... No problem

Hmm....my grandchildren don't have these peculiar "lessons". There again they live in London.......not Raqqa or Aleppo where kids are being blown to bits every day by terrorists. *-)

StuartO - 2017-12-01 12:13 PM

Violet1956 - 2017-12-02 12:49 AM .... Glad you mention it because the people across the road have installed it and the sensors they have cause it to operate when people walk across our upstairs landing. When prompted by your post to look up what the law was (you know how much the law is an obsession of mine) I think they might be breaking it. ...

This has triggered me into looking at a CCTV system for home; these days you can check your recorder via your phone from anywhere if you want to - and a five camera system costs under £2,000 installed, so it's not really expensive.

Aldi have some on offer at £15 a camera, colour too, so you don't need spend anywhere near that amount.

To be honest i've never had any at all, haven't even got a floodlight thing. But a neighbour who used to live next door had all that stuff plus notices about their dog (used to have a Doberman). Give you one guess whose house was always getting broken into? Theirs. On one event not even the damn dog woke up! (lol)

They both passed away and the eldest son wanted his cut so his younger brother had to move out and now i have a lovely young couple next door. First thing they did was rip down all the cameras. Been five years since they moved in and never had one break in.

Moral behind it is a house sprouting more cameras than Fort Knox must have something inside worth nicking but to be honest my best "burglar alarm" is my neighbour who lives opposite.....an ok guy but a nosy sod who doesn't miss a trick. Even notes down registration numbers if he sees a car hanging around which doesn't "belong" here! Keeps him happy though! :D

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-12-01 2:25 PM

Hmm....my grandchildren don't have these peculiar "lessons". There again they live in London.......not Raqqa or Aleppo where kids are being blown to bits every day by terrorists. *-)

Those Religion of Peace folk do like killing don't they? 8-) ........

Barryd999 - 2017-12-01 1:33 PM

antony1969 - 2017-12-01 12:13 PM

Violet1956 - 2017-12-01 11:30 AM

antony1969 - 2017-12-01 11:01 AM

Violet1956 - 2017-12-01 9:49 AM

antony1969 - 2017-12-01 7:46 AM

It gets funnier ... The site of our cocaine buying , anti-Semitic , terrorist supporting , expense fiddling , sexual predators , racist and white underpants wearing gay sex site trawling MPs getting all hysterical over our POTUS Trumps tweet is the laugh of the year ... They certainly have the high moral ground ... Keep tweeting Mr President your loved by many xxx My alarm on the house went off last night for no reason and this morning faint footsteps were set in the light snowfall ... Seriously does anyone know the law over cctv and if the camera points out slightly on to a public highway is that allowed ? ... Going to work this morning with a very scared missus was no fun

There's a mass of information about lawful use of private cctv on the internet. Glad you mention it because the people across the road have installed it and the sensors they have cause it to operate when people walk across our upstairs landing. When prompted by your post to look up what the law was (you know how much the law is an obsession of mine) I think they might be breaking it. Anyway as I said there's loads of stuff on the internet and it seems that so long as the privacy of neighbours and general passers-by is respected it's fine to install it.

This website gives the low down

https://www.cctv.co.uk/legal-requirements-for-cctv-at-home/

Can understand why your wife was spooked.

Veronica

Thanks Veronica ... A lot of weird stuff happening lately ... funny emails and post too ... I've had a word with my son in law Policeman just to log something down kind of officially as you never know with these situations ... Think the missus is going to the doctors later to get something to help.her sleep ... Thanks again

Sounds to me as if there's enough to send some officers round to your gaff to investigate whether an offence of attempt Burglary has been committed. Wouldn't be surprised if burglaries are on the up as it is the Christmas season and they are looking for easy stuff to lift. Season to be jolly eh? If I were your local copper I would be taking this incident seriously.

Possibly but I think it's something other than that ... Didn't help last night watching Fatal Attraction with Glenn Close obsessed character stalking poor Micheal Douglas ... I have contacted a friend who owns a security firm to see if he might do us a deal on providing security on a night just till maybe after Christmas and just hope this whole truly frightening experience might have gone away by then ... Regards

I Can get you a state of the art CCTV system set up Antony. The quarry I was working in yesterday has just had one fitted. Its superb. You can focus on a number plate from 200 metres away and get it to follow people around automatically. Im just working on how you can add some kind of death ray or summut to "take out" The intruder. £9999.99 though. To you. (death ray not included)

Thanks Barry that sounds just the job ... When the missus wakes up from the pills the doctor gave her I will have a word ... It's nice to know who your friends are during this horrible situation we find ourselves in and thanks for the offer to stay at yours too while it all blows over

I think Veronica is right we don't have a Muslim problem ... We don't have a problem that much that my young grandchild had a 'what to do in a school terrorist incident' lesson yesterday ... Instead of doing what 5 year olds should innocently be doing the children were shown what to do in case of an attack ... No problem

Violet1956 - 2017-12-02 12:49 AM .... Glad you mention it because the people across the road have installed it and the sensors they have cause it to operate when people walk across our upstairs landing. When prompted by your post to look up what the law was (you know how much the law is an obsession of mine) I think they might be breaking it. ...

This has triggered me into looking at a CCTV system for home; these days you can check your recorder via your phone from anywhere if you want to - and a five camera system costs under £2,000 installed, so it's not really expensive.

Aldi have some on offer at £15 a camera, colour too, so you don't need spend anywhere near that amount.

To be honest i've never had any at all, haven't even got a floodlight thing. But a neighbour who used to live next door had all that stuff plus notices about their dog (used to have a Doberman). Give you one guess whose house was always getting broken into? Theirs. On one event not even the damn dog woke up! (lol)

They both passed away and the eldest son wanted his cut so his younger brother had to move out and now i have a lovely young couple next door. First thing they did was rip down all the cameras. Been five years since they moved in and never had one break in.

Moral behind it is a house sprouting more cameras than Fort Knox must have something inside worth nicking but to be honest my best "burglar alarm" is my neighbour who lives opposite.....an ok guy but a nosy sod who doesn't miss a trick. Even notes down registration numbers if he sees a car hanging around which doesn't "belong" here! Keeps him happy though! :D

You probably already know which school she goes to but if you don't then by private mail I will tell you and you can I suppose easily check and while your at it I will also by private mail tell you which hospital my daughter works at because her department has also had training on how to deal with a terrorist incident ... Then you can openly apologise to me on the forum as a grown up would do

Violet1956 - 2017-11-30 7:32 PM

Brian Kirby - 2017-11-30 7:12 PM

Well, as I said, it's water under the bridge, so too late now. Notwithstanding, I'd still have been happier if she'd used diplomatic channels to register her disapproval. Shen could then have made a suitable announcement in the Commons. I didn't mean that she should have kept totally silent, just that a proper, government to government, response with a suitable announcement in parliament might have had greater impact. Impact on Trump? Hmmmmmmmmmm! :-D

Except that I doubt that potential Islamic nut jobs listen to PM's announcements in the Commons Brian or media reports of them so on second thoughts I believe her twitter response was spot on. ;-)

Except that I'll admit to being uneasy that we then demonstrating to the world that we've been manipulated into letting the Muslim tail wag the British dog. That seems to me to feed both the Britain First monster, and the Islamic nut jobs.

There are two issues, I think. First, that the full criticism for those videos should fall on "Britain First" for initially publishing them. That is UK business, and can, and should, be dealt with by the UK government. That is where the public pronouncements are, IMO, appropriate. I assume the videos are bad enough to qualify as incitements to racial/ethnic hatred, so announcing a few arrests might not go amiss.

Second that Trump picked them up and mindlessly repeated them. I still feel that should not have been dealt with through Twitter, but (as it now has) quietly through diplomatic channels. I don't mean ineffectually, but in the strongest terms. He should have been told politely, but very firmly, to butt out of UK business. However, I sense that we shan't reach agreement on this! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2017-12-01 5:22 PM

Well, as I said, it's water under the bridge, so too late now. Notwithstanding, I'd still have been happier if she'd used diplomatic channels to register her disapproval. Shen could then have made a suitable announcement in the Commons. I didn't mean that she should have kept totally silent, just that a proper, government to government, response with a suitable announcement in parliament might have had greater impact. Impact on Trump? Hmmmmmmmmmm! :-D

Except that I doubt that potential Islamic nut jobs listen to PM's announcements in the Commons Brian or media reports of them so on second thoughts I believe her twitter response was spot on. ;-)

Except that I'll admit to being uneasy that we then demonstrating to the world that we've been manipulated into letting the Muslim tail wag the British dog. That seems to me to feed both the Britain First monster, and the Islamic nut jobs.

There are two issues, I think. First, that the full criticism for those videos should fall on "Britain First" for initially publishing them. That is UK business, and can, and should, be dealt with by the UK government. That is where the public pronouncements are, IMO, appropriate. I assume the videos are bad enough to qualify as incitements to racial/ethnic hatred, so announcing a few arrests might not go amiss.

Second that Trump picked them up and mindlessly repeated them. I still feel that should not have been dealt with through Twitter, but (as it now has) quietly through diplomatic channels. I don't mean ineffectually, but in the strongest terms. He should have been told politely, but very firmly, to butt out of UK business. However, I sense that we shan't reach agreement on this! :-D

Its a shame though Brian that Britain First put a video filmed by others on Twitter showing the things it shows and we ( not me ) are condemning them and not those carrying out the acts ??? ... All seems a little backwards to me

Bulletguy - 2017-11-30 9:02 PM
RogerC - 2017-11-30 8:38 PM
Violet1956 - 2017-11-30 5:09 PM
RogerC - 2017-11-30 4:32 PM
colin - 2017-11-30 10:17 AM
StuartO - 2017-11-30 9:06 AMOn Radio 4 this morning an American who thinks we should wake up to the need to deal with the muslim threat was being challenged about supporting the disemination of videos showing muslims doing threatening things and the interviewer kept on and on about the inaccuracy of a statement that one video about a Dutch muslim doing something horrid was hate-filled and inaccurate because the particular muslim was Dutch born and not a migrant.  There was no suggestion that the muslim's horrid actions were misrepresented yet the BBC Interviewer was trying to discredit the American and the act of diseminating the video purely because of the (somantic?) inaccuracy about his migrant status.  As the American said, does it matter whether he was a first, second or third generation immigrant, or is it his actions (and the fact that he is a muslin, as a factor in his motivation) we should be taking serious note of?

I don't understand why we are supposed to ignore threatenning behaviour by muslims, acting as muslims, even if some muslims or even most muslims aren't behaving badly.

Because a person is Muslin does not mean any particular act is done in the name of Islam.Would you say that a white thug who says he is CofE represents Christians?Yes there are problems in some areas, but so is there with Roman Catholics and Protestants.

Quite correct Colin...not all muslims are adherents to the fanatical sects or beliefs that cause so many to carry out acts so vile and unfathomable in any society.  However you don't get to the situation we find ourselves in because of a 'few' nut jobs.  It is a sad fact that Islam has vastly more 'nut job' (as we see it) adherents that are prepared to perpetrate heinous acts, they have (in some instances) huge financial backing and possibly the one thing that sets them apart from any other group/following is the fact that their activists deliberately invoke the name of Allah in the act of committing their atrocities.  Therefore the major difference your comment helps demonstrate relates to the white thug or any adherent of Christian faiths.  Those adherents who carry out criminal/violent acts do not invoke the name of Jesus or any other religious figure whilst carrying out their act of violence.  Despite there being some 'questionable' groups who openly oppose Muslims, because of the acts committed in the name of Allah, I have yet to see anyone from that non Muslim part of society carry out a beheading, bombing a public place killing and maiming women and children, bombing mosques because it is of a different 'branch' of Islam, attacking a newspaper because of a cartoon it didn't like,  going to war in the determination of forming a 100% controlled Christian state as ISIS is attempting to do etc etc.......

Back to the OP.  Yes Trump is a bit strange but he does stumble around issues that other 'inclusive' liberal leaders avoid which in turn does bring things some consider unpalatable to the fore.  What the answer is I don't know but it is possible that there would be no need for a 'far right' had there been a more open and robust dealing with the Islamist terrorist situation a long time ago.

A religious group, any group irrespective of beliefs, which delivers atrocities on an otherwise innocent public surely deserves a robust response not one where liberal minded individuals bleat on about human rights etc etc.  Just because this one has a religious base should not make the strength of the response any less rigorous.

People happily quote that there are over 2 billion Muslims in the world and a small percentage are 'nut jobs'.  I agree but have to ask what are the majority  of Muslims doing to protect themselves and the good name of those who peacefully follow Allah?  In my opinion clearly not enough.
I'd say Roger that you have failed to support your observation that the majority of Muslims are not doing enough to protect themselves and the good name of those who peacefully follow Allah with any evidence. Reminds me of this great piece from the Daily Mash. An oldie but still a goodie. http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/muslim-man-in-northampton-asked-what-hes-doing-about-isis-20151117103929
Another way of looking at it is there are approximately 2 billion Muslims on this planet and they appear to be rather quiet when their religion is being demonstrated to the world as one of violence and intolerance which I find is rather difficult to either understand or accept.
Seems rather a lot of evidence which refutes that Roger......and this is from just one page of Google. There are many many more if you want to look.https://www.huffingtonpost.com/kamran-pasha/the-big-lie-about-muslim_b_188991.htmlhttps://www.theguardian.com/world/shortcuts/2017/mar/26/muslims-condemn-terrorism-statshttp://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-09/muslims-speak-out-against-terrorism/8606296https://ing.org/global-condemnations-of-isis-isil/https://www.politico.eu/article/muslim-leaders-begin-european-bus-tour-against-terrorism-in-the-name-of-islam/https://www.islamicity.org/11717/why-dont-muslims-speak-out-against-terrorism/https://www.teenvogue.com/story/teen-makes-spreadsheet-muslim-groups-leaders-denouncing-terrorismhttps://muslimscondemn.com/

Hardly mainstream publications with a wide readership....and if you had read my subsequent post you might have saved yourself some time:
"However I admit my comment was somewhat 'broad brush' as there are clearly sections of that part of the planets population that does dearly want it all to stop.  However in retrospect maybe I should have said that there is a global failure to demonstrate the activities of those who are trying to put an end to this senseless slaughter.  So maybe if governments and the worlds press assisted those working towards peace the dividend would be quite significant.  Those who only get their 'opinions' from the press would be better informed, the picture would be painted rather differently and then maybe, just maybe those who would do us harm might be a degree more isolated and eventually be rounded up, eradicated, educated as to the real damage they do to their true religion or otherwise consigned to history".

The bottom line is we hear about the senseless slaughter perpetrated by Islamist nutters but the press gives little, if any, coverage to those innocents/moderates from the Islam/Muslim communities who condemn these acts as strongly as other sections of society.  Maybe if they did there would be less ignorance whereby those that assume all Muslims are nutters hell bent on wiping us out might, just might, learn something and moderate their behaviour.

antony1969 - 2017-12-01 5:27 PM...........................Its a shame though Brian that Britain First put a video filmed by others on Twitter showing the things it shows and we ( not me ) are condemning them and not those carrying out the acts ??? ... All seems a little backwards to me
Well, it seems that at least one of the videos was a fake. See here for more detail. http://tinyurl.com/y9j9kkus

So what we now seem to have is an organisation, whose motivations are at least dubious, trawling the internet for images that support its agenda, not checking their veracity, and casually re-purposing them to its own ends.

Is that "backward"? To me, yes, because if that is how politics, even gutter politics, are to be conducted, we can forget about democracy.

Britain First is doing exactly what the dodgy Mullahs do. Using lies and half-truths to manipulate people into believing that they are under some existential threat.

Do we want our country to be run, or even influenced, on the basis of lies and fake news, or on the basis of truth and honest reporting? So, I don't buy your "ends justify the means" line of reasoning on this.

antony1969 - 2017-12-01 3:17 PM

You probably already know which school she goes to but if you don't then by private mail I will tell you and you can I suppose easily check and while your at it I will also by private mail tell you which hospital my daughter works at because her department has also had training on how to deal with a terrorist incident ... Then you can openly apologise to me on the forum as a grown up would do

Not even remotely interested so don't bother, and no apology owing......at least not from me.

How many terrorist attacks occurred in Huddersfield today? Keep us all updated on that one.

antony1969 - 2017-12-01 4:07 PM

God bless them both ... https://twitter.com/JaydaBF/status/936615169505021952

God won't help either of those pair. Golding is now being questioned by Greater Manchester Police over allegations of sexual assault on a young woman in Oldham at a hotel after a demonstration decrying child sex abuse in Rochdale, Greater Manchester. *-)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/britain-first-leader-paul-golding-in-sex-attack-case-xfc6w9066

Brian Kirby - 2017-12-01 6:14 PM

antony1969 - 2017-12-01 5:27 PM...........................Its a shame though Brian that Britain First put a video filmed by others on Twitter showing the things it shows and we ( not me ) are condemning them and not those carrying out the acts ??? ... All seems a little backwards to me
Well, it seems that at least one of the videos was a fake. See here for more detail. http://tinyurl.com/y9j9kkus

So what we now seem to have is an organisation, whose motivations are at least dubious, trawling the internet for images that support its agenda, not checking their veracity, and casually re-purposing them to its own ends.

Is that "backward"? To me, yes, because if that is how politics, even gutter politics, are to be conducted, we can forget about democracy.

Britain First is doing exactly what the dodgy Mullahs do. Using lies and half-truths to manipulate people into believing that they are under some existential threat.

Do we want our country to be run, or even influenced, on the basis of lies and fake news, or on the basis of truth and honest reporting? So, I don't buy your "ends justify the means" line of reasoning on this.

Brian ... I am afraid we live in a gutter politics era and we live in a time when anything other than your own view is not tolerated ... Take this place , a motorhome forum where if you dare to question or disagree you are in line for a whole load of names ... This thread started ironically about hateful tweets/posts has in the first post by the original poster a whole load of names and insults but yet Im presuming by the thread title the OP was originally attempting to condemn hateful tweets/posts ???

Brian Kirby - 2017-12-01 5:22 PM

You're right Brian we won't agree. In my view the only way to reach the 20 million followers POTUS has on twitter was to tweet. ;-)

Bulletguy - 2017-12-01 6:47 PM

antony1969 - 2017-12-01 3:17 PM

Not even remotely interested so don't bother, and no apology owing......at least not from me.

How many terrorist attacks occurred in Huddersfield today? Keep us all updated on that one.

antony1969 - 2017-12-01 4:07 PM

God bless them both ... https://twitter.com/JaydaBF/status/936615169505021952

God won't help either of those pair. Golding is now being questioned by Greater Manchester Police over allegations of sexual assault on a young woman in Oldham at a hotel after a demonstration decrying child sex abuse in Rochdale, Greater Manchester. *-)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/britain-first-leader-paul-golding-in-sex-attack-case-xfc6w9066

When he's charged and found guilty then maybe we can discuss ... Innocent till proven guilty ... Regarding terrorist attacks in Huddersfield today I don't believe any but I haven't listened to the news

antony1969 - 2017-12-01 7:02 PM

Brian ... I am afraid we live in a gutter politics era and we live in a time when anything other than your own view is not tolerated ... Take this place , a motorhome forum where if you dare to question or disagree you are in line for a whole load of names ... This thread started ironically about hateful tweets/posts has in the first post by the original poster a whole load of names and insults but yet Im presuming by the thread title the OP was originally attempting to condemn hateful tweets/posts ???

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone Antony.

RogerC - 2017-12-01 6:02 PM
Bulletguy - 2017-11-30 9:02 PM
RogerC - 2017-11-30 8:38 PM
Violet1956 - 2017-11-30 5:09 PM
RogerC - 2017-11-30 4:32 PM
colin - 2017-11-30 10:17 AM
StuartO - 2017-11-30 9:06 AMOn Radio 4 this morning an American who thinks we should wake up to the need to deal with the muslim threat was being challenged about supporting the disemination of videos showing muslims doing threatening things and the interviewer kept on and on about the inaccuracy of a statement that one video about a Dutch muslim doing something horrid was hate-filled and inaccurate because the particular muslim was Dutch born and not a migrant.  There was no suggestion that the muslim's horrid actions were misrepresented yet the BBC Interviewer was trying to discredit the American and the act of diseminating the video purely because of the (somantic?) inaccuracy about his migrant status.  As the American said, does it matter whether he was a first, second or third generation immigrant, or is it his actions (and the fact that he is a muslin, as a factor in his motivation) we should be taking serious note of?

I don't understand why we are supposed to ignore threatenning behaviour by muslims, acting as muslims, even if some muslims or even most muslims aren't behaving badly.

Because a person is Muslin does not mean any particular act is done in the name of Islam.Would you say that a white thug who says he is CofE represents Christians?Yes there are problems in some areas, but so is there with Roman Catholics and Protestants.

Quite correct Colin...not all muslims are adherents to the fanatical sects or beliefs that cause so many to carry out acts so vile and unfathomable in any society.  However you don't get to the situation we find ourselves in because of a 'few' nut jobs.  It is a sad fact that Islam has vastly more 'nut job' (as we see it) adherents that are prepared to perpetrate heinous acts, they have (in some instances) huge financial backing and possibly the one thing that sets them apart from any other group/following is the fact that their activists deliberately invoke the name of Allah in the act of committing their atrocities.  Therefore the major difference your comment helps demonstrate relates to the white thug or any adherent of Christian faiths.  Those adherents who carry out criminal/violent acts do not invoke the name of Jesus or any other religious figure whilst carrying out their act of violence.  Despite there being some 'questionable' groups who openly oppose Muslims, because of the acts committed in the name of Allah, I have yet to see anyone from that non Muslim part of society carry out a beheading, bombing a public place killing and maiming women and children, bombing mosques because it is of a different 'branch' of Islam, attacking a newspaper because of a cartoon it didn't like,  going to war in the determination of forming a 100% controlled Christian state as ISIS is attempting to do etc etc.......

Back to the OP.  Yes Trump is a bit strange but he does stumble around issues that other 'inclusive' liberal leaders avoid which in turn does bring things some consider unpalatable to the fore.  What the answer is I don't know but it is possible that there would be no need for a 'far right' had there been a more open and robust dealing with the Islamist terrorist situation a long time ago.

A religious group, any group irrespective of beliefs, which delivers atrocities on an otherwise innocent public surely deserves a robust response not one where liberal minded individuals bleat on about human rights etc etc.  Just because this one has a religious base should not make the strength of the response any less rigorous.

People happily quote that there are over 2 billion Muslims in the world and a small percentage are 'nut jobs'.  I agree but have to ask what are the majority  of Muslims doing to protect themselves and the good name of those who peacefully follow Allah?  In my opinion clearly not enough.
I'd say Roger that you have failed to support your observation that the majority of Muslims are not doing enough to protect themselves and the good name of those who peacefully follow Allah with any evidence. Reminds me of this great piece from the Daily Mash. An oldie but still a goodie. http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/muslim-man-in-northampton-asked-what-hes-doing-about-isis-20151117103929
Another way of looking at it is there are approximately 2 billion Muslims on this planet and they appear to be rather quiet when their religion is being demonstrated to the world as one of violence and intolerance which I find is rather difficult to either understand or accept.
Seems rather a lot of evidence which refutes that Roger......and this is from just one page of Google. There are many many more if you want to look.https://www.huffingtonpost.com/kamran-pasha/the-big-lie-about-muslim_b_188991.htmlhttps://www.theguardian.com/world/shortcuts/2017/mar/26/muslims-condemn-terrorism-statshttp://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-09/muslims-speak-out-against-terrorism/8606296https://ing.org/global-condemnations-of-isis-isil/https://www.politico.eu/article/muslim-leaders-begin-european-bus-tour-against-terrorism-in-the-name-of-islam/https://www.islamicity.org/11717/why-dont-muslims-speak-out-against-terrorism/https://www.teenvogue.com/story/teen-makes-spreadsheet-muslim-groups-leaders-denouncing-terrorismhttps://muslimscondemn.com/
Hardly mainstream publications with a wide readership....and if you had read my subsequent post you might have saved yourself some time:"However I admit my comment was somewhat 'broad brush' as there are clearly sections of that part of the planets population that does dearly want it all to stop. However in retrospect maybe I should have said that there is a global failure to demonstrate the activities of those who are trying to put an end to this senseless slaughter.
That was in response to your pov that "....there are approximately 2 billion Muslims on this planet and they appear to be rather quiet when their religion is being demonstrated to the world as one of violence and intolerance which I find is rather difficult to either understand or accept." That simply isn't true and a common held myth easily debunked but as you saw i had to glean most of the links from outside mainstream media.....why when there is so much evidence? Why is it ignored??
The bottom line is we hear about the senseless slaughter perpetrated by Islamist nutters but the press gives little, if any, coverage to those innocents/moderates from the Islam/Muslim communities who condemn these acts as strongly as other sections of society. Maybe if they did there would be less ignorance whereby those that assume all Muslims are nutters hell bent on wiping us out might, just might, learn something and moderate their behaviour.
Now that's much more closer to an observant view and what you would have been better clarifying first time around. Indeed the question has to be asked as to why the press are so loathe to give them coverage instead of constantly making biased and divisive reporting. As mentioned above, mainstream media reporting on positive aspects of Muslims who not only condemn, but speak out, is not as well covered as it should be. As long as some people continue feeding off the bile and hatred of Breitbart, Fail and other rag rubbish, their ignorance will continue because they prefer to remain in denial. They don't want to read positive reporting such as mentioned......they only want what feeds their hate and Islamaphobia.

.... maybe if governments and the worlds press assisted those working towards peace the dividend would be quite significant.  Those who only get their 'opinions' from the press would be better informed, the picture would be painted rather differently and then maybe, just maybe those who would do us harm might be a degree more isolated and eventually be rounded up, eradicated, educated as to the real damage they do to their true religion or otherwise consigned to history".

The bottom line is we hear about the senseless slaughter perpetrated by Islamist nutters but the press gives little, if any, coverage to those innocents/moderates from the Islam/Muslim communities who condemn these acts as strongly as other sections of society.  Maybe if they did there would be less ignorance whereby those that assume all Muslims are nutters hell bent on wiping us out might, just might, learn something and moderate their behaviour.
Couldn't agree more Roger.

Barryd999 - 2017-11-30 6:43 PM
Brian Kirby - 2017-11-30 6:14 PMIt's water under the bridge now but, FWIW, I think it would have been far better for our PM to have maintained silence in public, but to have responded through the British Ambassador directly to the White House. Diplomacy by Twitter is not going to work. Posts on Twitter are Tweets, and most Tweets are made by Twits! :-)But, we have to remember that Trump is the President of the US, and that the post should be respected even if respect for the post-holder is difficult. We should also remember that he was elected by a majority of Americans, so publicly disrespecting the post-holder is liable to appear to his electorate as indirect disrespect of them. Not very clever!Since we are intent on leaving the EC, it seems an undesirable gaff to open an avoidable rift with America - unless it is intended to so worry Brexiters that they begin to clamour for an exit from Brexit, in which case it is a brilliant move! :-D
For once I am going to disagree Brian. Of course it should have been publicly condemned. Its not even accurate. Even the Fail has reported the so called Migrant beating up the guy on crutches was a Dutch national and the Police said he isnt even a Muslim. Of course like the other fake reports like the so called migrants kicking a woman down the stairs in Germany who also turned out not to be migrants the damage is done. Those that support this kind of racism will he whooping with joy and retweeting regardless of if any of it is true or not. We must be shown to condemn this kind of very un-presidential behaviour. As for you last paragraph I Think its inevitable that the whole world will fall out with Trump so maybe it will turn out to be a good move. It seems like he has been in power for ever but he has at least three years to go unless they get shot of him early. Do we really want to be beholden to him? Good God I hope not. Roger. I will be meeting my good life long friend Akram tomorrow. He is a Muslim, we will probably do some work then go for a few beers. Ill try and remember to ask him what he is going to to about ISIS shall I? (lol)

If you feel being so flippant about such a serious matter then I hope you do.  Your 'friend' might have an informed answer but then again he might just think, as I do with regard to your juvenile comment, that you are simply an idiot.

Just need to revisit this post, not only is the thug not an immigrant, there is no evidence that he is a Muslim.

.... maybe if governments and the worlds press assisted those working towards peace the dividend would be quite significant.  Those who only get their 'opinions' from the press would be better informed, the picture would be painted rather differently and then maybe, just maybe those who would do us harm might be a degree more isolated and eventually be rounded up, eradicated, educated as to the real damage they do to their true religion or otherwise consigned to history".

Couldn't agree more Roger.

RogerC - 2017-12-01 8:21 PM
Brian Kirby - 2017-11-30 6:14 PMIt's water under the bridge now but, FWIW, I think it would have been far better for our PM to have maintained silence in public, but to have responded through the British Ambassador directly to the White House. Diplomacy by Twitter is not going to work. Posts on Twitter are Tweets, and most Tweets are made by Twits! :-)But, we have to remember that Trump is the President of the US, and that the post should be respected even if respect for the post-holder is difficult. We should also remember that he was elected by a majority of Americans, so publicly disrespecting the post-holder is liable to appear to his electorate as indirect disrespect of them. Not very clever!Since we are intent on leaving the EC, it seems an undesirable gaff to open an avoidable rift with America - unless it is intended to so worry Brexiters that they begin to clamour for an exit from Brexit, in which case it is a brilliant move! :-D
For once I am going to disagree Brian. Of course it should have been publicly condemned. Its not even accurate. Even the Fail has reported the so called Migrant beating up the guy on crutches was a Dutch national and the Police said he isnt even a Muslim. Of course like the other fake reports like the so called migrants kicking a woman down the stairs in Germany who also turned out not to be migrants the damage is done. Those that support this kind of racism will he whooping with joy and retweeting regardless of if any of it is true or not. We must be shown to condemn this kind of very un-presidential behaviour. As for you last paragraph I Think its inevitable that the whole world will fall out with Trump so maybe it will turn out to be a good move. It seems like he has been in power for ever but he has at least three years to go unless they get shot of him early. Do we really want to be beholden to him? Good God I hope not. Roger. I will be meeting my good life long friend Akram tomorrow. He is a Muslim, we will probably do some work then go for a few beers. Ill try and remember to ask him what he is going to to about ISIS shall I? (lol)

If you feel being so flippant about such a serious matter then I hope you do.  Your 'friend' might have an informed answer but then again he might just think, as I do with regard to your juvenile comment, that you are simply an idiot.
I was flippant because earlier you trotted out the usual rubbish suggesting Muslims should speak out more or do something about terrorists. Point is its all probably as alien to him or most Muslims as it is to anyone on this forum. As we know of course (Well those of us who care to look outside the right wing rags) Muslims have done great deal to out extremists and rally against terrorism but I would no longer bring it up with my pal anymore than I would with any of my friends. Anyway if I had asked him we would have probably had a good laugh about it. As was posted the other day laughing at them is probably the way forward. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/tv-radio/bbc-the-real-housewives-of-isis-sketch-islamic-state-revolting-comedy-controversy-opinion-reaction-a7510581.html

Barryd999 - 2017-12-01 10:27 PM
RogerC - 2017-12-01 8:21 PM

I was flippant because earlier you trotted out the usual rubbish suggesting Muslims should speak out more or do something about terrorists. Point is its all probably as alien to him or most Muslims as it is to anyone on this forum. As we know of course (Well those of us who care to look outside the right wing rags) Muslims have done great deal to out extremists and rally against terrorism but I would no longer bring it up with my pal anymore than I would with any of my friends. Anyway if I had asked him we would have probably had a good laugh about it. As was posted the other day laughing at them is probably the way forward. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/tv-radio/bbc-the-real-housewives-of-isis-sketch-islamic-state-revolting-comedy-controversy-opinion-reaction-a7510581.html

.....and what is rubbish about wanting over 2 billion of the worlds population to speak out, make sure the worlds press listens to them and gives as much time and space to those who seek to deliver peace in the name of their God as it does to those who invoke his teachings in order to justify their jihad to maim, kill and destroy kafirs?

Laugh at them?  Remember Charlie Hebdo?  Not much of a laugh was it.

colin - 2017-12-01 9:19 PM

Just need to revisit this post, not only is the thug not an immigrant, there is no evidence that he is a Muslim.
That's correct Colin. It was confirmed by Dutch authorities that the so called 'Muslim migrant' was neither a migrant nor Muslim. He's a Dutch born citizen. Fransen who is herself of Dutch migrant stock (oh the irony!) is using anything to whip up inflammatory racial hatred. If the Black and White Minstrels were still going she'd be claiming them as "terrorists"! *-) Trump accuses media of being "fake news"......yet tweets genuinely fake news himself!! What a pair of clowns! "The public prosecution service Noord-Holland has studied the file submitted by the police," a spokesman for the Dutch public prosecution service told the Press Association."The suspect, who was born and raised in the Netherlands, received a HALT settlement. This has been successfully completed."http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/donald-trump-britain-first-tweet-dutch-officials-muslim-migrant-video-netherlands-prosecution-a8083011.html

Violet1956 - 2017-12-01 7:07 PM

antony1969 - 2017-12-01 7:02 PM

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone Antony.

Biblical quote aside ... Are you assuming my gender identity ???

Archived