My mate Putin didn't do it.......

Guest pelmetman

pelmetman - 2018-03-25 4:23 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-03-25 3:19 PM

pelmetman - 2018-03-25 1:33 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-03-25 11:31 AM

If you leave in October, remember to come home before Christmas (for three months minimum) as well of course otherwise your vehicle insurance will no doubt be invalid as will you as you will then be classed as an overstayer. You of all people (oh the irony) will be an illegal Immigrant! (lol)

We do drive home in Horace for Christmas ;-) .........Eventually we wont need to :-| ........

But it won't bother me when we stay for Crimbo as we have Van/health insurance for extended stay's in the EU ;-) .......

You need to do more homework Barry :D ..........

BTW once they start rounding up all the Non members of the EU around here and deporting them....... I'll take your Fairy story seriously (lol) ........and I'm NOT talking tourists >:-) .........

You will still have to go home for Christmas but you wont be allowed back for three months.

No fairy stories, thems the rules as we have discussed before. Whether you or the other illegal immigrants laying low in Spain choose to abide by them is up to you but I doubt your health, vehicle, and any other travel insurances will cover you if you have overstayed as an illegal immigrant. If three months is the rule for non EU Travel then that will be the maximum on any travel policy outside of Europe.

Of course if your caught at the borders you could be fined, have your vehicle impounded and refused entry back into Europe. Thats not a fairy story as there are plenty of documented cases where exactly that has happened.

Blah blah blah Barry *-) ........How long have you spent in Spain? ;-) .......

Pray give me an example of this little nugget??? >:-) .......

"Of course if your caught at the borders you could be fined, have your vehicle impounded and refused entry back into Europe. Thats not a fairy story as there are plenty of documented cases where exactly that has happened."

I'm almost wetting myself in anticipation (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

If you remember when this was posted before there were plenty of examples. Fines are upwards of €700 for just up to 20 days over plus a ban on coming back which can be several years depending how long your over.

Plenty of examples here, one bloke was thrown in Jail in Amsterdam. https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/general-europe/fines-for-overstaying-in-schengen-and-for-how-many-days-of-limit-exceeded

More info here on the consequences. http://www.euro-dollar-currency.com/overstaying_schengen_visa.htm

Ive been to Spain several times but I am not particularly fond of it to be honest, much prefer France, Northern Italy, Austria etc. Thats beside the point though, the fact remains that you will be there illegally and whether the authorities catch up with you or not is not the point, as an illegal any cover you have for your vehicle and yourself is likely to be null and void.

Of course as you know some of our tours are even longer than yours so Im not exactly happy about it but unlike you it seems who will be prepared to risk it and travel illegally with no insurance cover and risk huge fines, possible imprisonment it seems and a ban from returning I will be playing by the rules, unless of course that nice man in the EU secures EU citizenship for us Remainers :D

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-03-25 5:42 PM

If you leave in October, remember to come home before Christmas (for three months minimum) as well of course otherwise your vehicle insurance will no doubt be invalid as will you as you will then be classed as an overstayer. You of all people (oh the irony) will be an illegal Immigrant! (lol)

We do drive home in Horace for Christmas ;-) .........Eventually we wont need to :-| ........

But it won't bother me when we stay for Crimbo as we have Van/health insurance for extended stay's in the EU ;-) .......

BTW once they start rounding up all the Non members of the EU around here and deporting them....... I'll take your Fairy story seriously (lol) ........and I'm NOT talking tourists >:-) .........

You will still have to go home for Christmas but you wont be allowed back for three months.

No fairy stories, thems the rules as we have discussed before. Whether you or the other illegal immigrants laying low in Spain choose to abide by them is up to you but I doubt your health, vehicle, and any other travel insurances will cover you if you have overstayed as an illegal immigrant. If three months is the rule for non EU Travel then that will be the maximum on any travel policy outside of Europe.

Of course if your caught at the borders you could be fined, have your vehicle impounded and refused entry back into Europe. Thats not a fairy story as there are plenty of documented cases where exactly that has happened.

"Of course if your caught at the borders you could be fined, have your vehicle impounded and refused entry back into Europe. Thats not a fairy story as there are plenty of documented cases where exactly that has happened."

If you remember when this was posted before there were plenty of examples. Fines are upwards of €700 for just up to 20 days over plus a ban on coming back which can be several years depending how long your over.

Plenty of examples here, one bloke was thrown in Jail in Amsterdam. https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/general-europe/fines-for-overstaying-in-schengen-and-for-how-many-days-of-limit-exceeded

More info here on the consequences. http://www.euro-dollar-currency.com/overstaying_schengen_visa.htm

Ive been to Spain several times but I am not particularly fond of it to be honest, much prefer France, Northern Italy, Austria etc. Thats beside the point though, the fact remains that you will be there illegally and whether the authorities catch up with you or not is not the point, as an illegal any cover you have for your vehicle and yourself is likely to be null and void.

Of course as you know some of our tours are even longer than yours so Im not exactly happy about it but unlike you it seems who will be prepared to risk it and travel illegally with no insurance cover and risk huge fines, possible imprisonment it seems and a ban from returning I will be playing by the rules, unless of course that nice man in the EU secures EU citizenship for us Remainers :D

Blimey Barry *-) ........

How bleedin desperate are you getting? 8-) ...........

Ricky the Yankee the font of all knowledge in Spain (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

My only current concern is replate'ing "Trevor the Toyota".... my £901 ebay bargain banger on to Spanish plates, which is prolly going cost 1500 euros 8-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-03-25 6:31 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-03-25 5:42 PM

Blimey Barry *-) ........

How bleedin desperate are you getting? 8-) ...........

Ricky the Yankee the font of all knowledge in Spain (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

My only current concern is replate'ing "Trevor the Toyota".... my £901 ebay bargain banger on to Spanish plates, which is prolly going cost 1500 euros 8-) .........

They were just the first two that came up. Search yourself or dont bother, its up to you. Your the one thats going to be flouting the law not me. Why bother replating your vehicle anyway? Whats the point of that?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-03-25 6:48 PM

They were just the first two that came up. Search yourself or dont bother, its up to you. Your the one thats going to be flouting the law not me. Why bother replating your vehicle anyway? Whats the point of that?

Search for what? :D .......I've been spending my winters out here since 2010 ;-) .......What is your scaremongering gonna do (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Where as replate'ing "Trevor the Toyota" is a legitimate concern as the Spanish Fuzz now have access to the DVLA so will know when my MOT & tax runs out 8-) ........

Insurance is not an issue as I can get that regardless of MOT or tax here in Spain ;-) ........

My conundrum is should I spend 1500 euros on a 901 quid car seeing as the worst consequence is I'll lose £901 if I get caught :-S ...........

Living on the edge is a bitch init :-> .........

pelmetman - 2018-03-25 6:59 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-03-25 6:48 PM

Search for what? :D .......I've been spending my winters out here since 2010 ;-) .......What is your scaremongering gonna do (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Where as replate'ing "Trevor the Toyota" is a legitimate concern as the Spanish Fuzz now have access to the DVLA so will know when my MOT & tax runs out 8-) ........

Insurance is not an issue as I can get that regardless of MOT or tax here in Spain ;-) ........

My conundrum is should I spend 1500 euros on a 901 quid car seeing as the worst consequence is I'll lose £901 if I get caught :-S ...........

Living on the edge is a bitch init :-> .........

Good luck with whichever law breaking scheme you come up with then. You should be alright down there in the costas, its full of criminals. I expect they will all have it worked out. We will have to start calling you Dangerous Dave. (lol)

Archived