Huddersfield grooming trial which nearly collapsed

Bulletguy

He had good lawyers. Those with no legal knowledge wouldn't help him get off at all.

You're right to question whether justice is available for all though. Legal Aid for the impecunious is not freely available for all cases. Where the liberty of the subject is in issue I believe Legal Aid is available so long as someone meets the financial criteria. However things may have changed significantly since I had anything to do with criminal law. I think I have said before there are a number of lawyers who will work for free on cases where someone can't get legal aid in a case like Tommy Robinson's. There are very important issues raised about whether the law of contempt and its administration is fit for purpose that his case raises and many lawyers would relish the prospect of being involved in it.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-10-23 9:54 PM

pelmetman - 2018-10-23 7:23 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-10-23 1:12 PM

pelmetman - 2018-10-23 8:15 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-10-22 3:43 PM

“The majority of paedophiles are actually white males.”[/i]

No sh*t Sherlock *-) ........

No it was a lady by the name Sammy Woodhouse who quoted that, not me. Now, as she is a survivor of Rotherham who now campaigns for better awareness, i think she's far better qualified than you, i or for that matter anyone else on the subject, don't you agree?

I'd agree she's brave to get on with her life ;-) .........

Whether she's detached enough to know the full implications of what she's been a part of is debatable :-| .......

Especially if she is now being groomed by the PC brigade instead *-) .......

Jeeez....."brave to get on with her life"? Is that the best you can muster? :-| As for your last point.....is that really meant to be taken seriously? If so it comes over as pretty twisted.

Lets have another look at what she said as i'd like to read your viewpoint on each. To make it easy to follow we can do it sentence by sentence with simple choice of answer.

1) "Robinson and other far-right figures should not focus on abuse only by people they perceive to be Muslim.

Agree...or disagree?

2) “If they are going to talk about child rape, about the system and the failures, then they should be talking about it as a whole and not just by Pakistani Muslims,” she told Newsnight.

Agree.....or disagree?

3) “The majority of paedophiles are actually white males.”

Agree.......or disagree?

1)........They don't they focus on the problems caused by those who follow Islam........

2)........Fine.......how many non Pakistani's have been involved in the child grooming cases.....a tiny fraction......

3)........Well that's bleedin obvious because white Brits make up 82% of the UK population where as your Pakistani chums just a tiny 1.84%........Plus those whites convicted also include your EU chums as well >:-) ........

4)..........Its blinkered excuse merchants like you who have enabled this abuse to go on for years *-) ........

5)..........My last point will probably prove completely accurate ;-) .........There's a lot of PC ar*e's out there that need covering :D .......

pelmetman - 2018-10-24 2:11 PM

No it was a lady by the name Sammy Woodhouse who quoted that, not me. Now, as she is a survivor of Rotherham who now campaigns for better awareness, i think she's far better qualified than you, i or for that matter anyone else on the subject, don't you agree?

Whether she's detached enough to know the full implications of what she's been a part of is debatable :-| .......

Jeeez....."brave to get on with her life"? Is that the best you can muster? :-| As for your last point.....is that really meant to be taken seriously? If so it comes over as pretty twisted.

Lets have another look at what she said as i'd like to read your viewpoint on each. To make it easy to follow we can do it sentence by sentence with simple choice of answer.

1) "Robinson and other far-right figures should not focus on abuse only by people they perceive to be Muslim.

Agree...or disagree?

2) “If they are going to talk about child rape, about the system and the failures, then they should be talking about it as a whole and not just by Pakistani Muslims,” she told Newsnight.

Agree.....or disagree?

Agree.......or disagree?

1)........They don't they focus on the problems caused by those who follow Islam........

2)........Fine.......how many non Pakistani's have been involved in the child grooming cases.....a tiny fraction......

3)........Well that's bleedin obvious because white Brits make up 82% of the UK population where as your Pakistani chums just a tiny 1.84%........Plus those whites convicted also include your EU chums as well >:-) ........

1) Then explain to me why Yaxley-Lennon is only ever present at sex abuse trials of Asian men? Surely if genuinely concerned, as he's fond of reminding his followers, should he not be campaigning against abuse as a whole rather than selective? Where was he when far right EDL members were being sentenced on child rape and paedophila? Nowhere to be seen and not as much as a pip squeak from him over those cases though they were upset enough to remind other far right to "keep this among ourselves as we don't want the left rubbing our noses in the dirt".

2) Sammy Woodhouse stated child rape which could go under the umbrella of 'grooming' as that's normally the precursor to the actual physical offence. There have been many non-Asian involved in 'grooming' underage girls and in some cases boys. Usually men but also some women too. Do you think sexual abuse of an underage girl/boy is less serious when committed by one or two people, than several? Or do you think it as serious?

3) I'd only add "white females" to her quote. Admittedly to a lesser degree but the cases are known but rarely mentioned....Marie Black and Vanessa George for example. Research from a child protection agency claims as many as 64,000 women in UK are child sex offenders......and the report is from almost ten years back.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2009/oct/04/uk-female-child-sex-offenders

I don't have any 'Pakistani chums' so i've no idea what the purpose of that meaningless insinuation is about.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-10-24 4:21 PM

Agree...or disagree?

Agree.....or disagree?

Agree.......or disagree?

1) Then explain to me why Yaxley-Lennon is only ever present at sex abuse trials of Asian men? Surely if genuinely concerned, as he's fond of reminding his followers, should he not be campaigning against abuse as a whole rather than selective? Where was he when far right EDL members were being sentenced on child rape and paedophila? Nowhere to be seen and not as much as a pip squeak from him over those cases though they were upset enough to remind other far right to "keep this among ourselves as we don't want the left rubbing our noses in the dirt".

2) Sammy Woodhouse stated child rape which could go under the umbrella of 'grooming' as that's normally the precursor to the actual physical offence. There have been many non-Asian involved in 'grooming' underage girls and in some cases boys. Usually men but also some women too. Do you think sexual abuse of an underage girl/boy is less serious when committed by one or two people, than several? Or do you think it as serious?

3) I'd only add "white females" to her quote. Admittedly to a lesser degree but the cases are known but rarely mentioned....Marie Black and Vanessa George for example. Research from a child protection agency claims as many as 64,000 women in UK are child sex offenders......and the report is from almost ten years back.

I don't have any 'Pakistani chums' so i've no idea what the purpose of that meaningless insinuation is about.

1).........Google Tommy Robinson and Islam.........You might learn something :D .......

2).........Perhaps you should have a word with the Home Secretary Mr Javid and let him know he's talking b*****ks *-) .........

3)..........Remind of a recent trial of a gang of women child groomers?........Or any trial???........Ever???? :-| .........

Yeah sorry about the chums bit :D .........I cant imagine you having any 8-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-10-24 6:59 PM

Agree...or disagree?

Agree.....or disagree?

Agree.......or disagree?

1).........Google Tommy Robinson and Islam.........You might learn something :D .......

2).........Perhaps you should have a word with the Home Secretary Mr Javid and let him know he's talking b*****ks *-) .........

3)..........Remind of a recent trial of a gang of women child groomers?........Or any trial???........Ever???? :-| .........

Yeah sorry about the chums bit :D .........I cant imagine you having any 8-) .........

You've sidestepped each question i put to you. I'll trim it down to one and give you another go.

1) Surely if genuinely concerned, as Yaxley-Lennon is fond of reminding his followers, why is he not campaigning against abuse as a whole rather than selective?

2) Do you think sexual abuse of an underage girl/boy is less serious when committed by one or two people than several, or is it as serious?

3) I did say women that are involved in child sex abuse are less (than men) but the cases are known....just rarely mentioned. 64,000 according to that 10 year old report so by now there are possibly more.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-10-24 11:12 PM

Agree...or disagree?

Agree.....or disagree?

Agree.......or disagree?

You've sidestepped each question i put to you. I'll trim it down to one and give you another go.

1) Surely if genuinely concerned, as Yaxley-Lennon is fond of reminding his followers, why is he not campaigning against abuse as a whole rather than selective?

2) Do you think sexual abuse of an underage girl/boy is less serious when committed by one or two people than several, or is it as serious?

3) I did say women that are involved in child sex abuse are less (than men) but the cases are known....just rarely mentioned. 64,000 according to that 10 year old report so by now there are possibly more.

1)........Try and get past the child sex thing Bullet.....The problems we face from Islam are much bigger than that, and Mr Robinson like many of us here and in Europe have raised issues about Islam and its detrimental effect its having on our Western culture :-| ...........

Unfortunately useful idiots like you are doing nothing more than allowing them to play the victim *-) ........

2)........Of course not....... although what that has to do with anything is beyond me? :-S .........

3).......Well mention some more then? to back up your twaddle........On second thoughts don't bother *-) ......

Your just a typical brain dead loony lefty apologist of the type who made the front page of the DM today >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2018-10-25 3:03 PM

Agree...or disagree?

Agree.....or disagree?

Agree.......or disagree?

1)........Try and get past the child sex thing Bullet.....The problems we face from Islam are much bigger than that, and Mr Robinson like many of us here and in Europe have raised issues about Islam and its detrimental effect its having on our Western culture :-| ...........

Unfortunately useful idiots like you are doing nothing more than allowing them to play the victim *-) ........

2)........Of course not....... although what that has to do with anything is beyond me? :-S .........

3).......Well mention some more then? to back up your twaddle........On second thoughts don't bother *-) ......

1) Is a totally nonsensical reply to a logical and very clear question i put to you which you've just ignored and sidestepped yet again. I think i know why.

2) Child sex abuse/rape, or to cover it in a broader spectrum, 'underage' is serious irrespective of the number of perpetrators. Even rape of an adult is only one step below murder (in level of seriousness) hence why any false allegations should be treated extremely seriously yet invariably aren't.

3) I already did.....but you ignored it as it doesn't suit your obvious narrative.

Finally, once you are left with nothing better than to hurl out inane and derogatory remarks attacking the poster rather than the post, it shows you've lost what little bit of credible debatable points you may have once had, now have nothing left.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-10-25 3:50 PM

Agree...or disagree?

Agree.....or disagree?

Agree.......or disagree?

1) Is a totally nonsensical reply to a logical and very clear question i put to you which you've just ignored and sidestepped yet again. I think i know why.

2) Child sex abuse/rape, or to cover it in a broader spectrum, 'underage' is serious irrespective of the number of perpetrators. Even rape of an adult is only one step below murder (in level of seriousness) hence why any false allegations should be treated extremely seriously yet invariably aren't.

3) I already did.....but you ignored it as it doesn't suit your obvious narrative.

Finally, once you are left with nothing better than to hurl out inane and derogatory remarks attacking the poster rather than the post, it shows you've lost what little bit of credible debatable points you may have once had, now have nothing left.

Logic? 8-) ...........

Is that what they call loony lefty bullsh*t nowadays? >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-10-25 8:35 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-10-25 3:50 PM

Agree...or disagree?

Agree.....or disagree?

Agree.......or disagree?

Logic? 8-) ...........

Is that what they call loony lefty bullsh*t nowadays? >:-) ..........

No Dave, it was a perfectly legitimate question which i even clarified on a couple of occasions to help you out, yet you still danced around it to avoid any form of credible answer. But as i said....i think i know why you have which is now patently obvious.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-10-25 8:41 PM

No Dave, it was a perfectly legitimate question which i even clarified on a couple of occasions to help you out, yet you still danced around it to avoid any form of credible answer. But as i said....i think i know why you have which is now patently obvious.

Agree...or disagree?

I disagree........with your wording of the question ;-) ...........

Mr Robinson and anyone who is concerned about our culture should be free to criticise a fundamentally dangerous creed >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2018-10-26 8:32 AM

Agree...or disagree?

Mr Robinson and anyone who is concerned about our culture should be free to criticise a fundamentally dangerous creed >:-) ...........

Why is it acceptable in Bullet world for him to "focus" on, question and insult only Tories and it's not acceptable for others to do the same on their chosen subject ??? ... Is he being Toryist ???

Anyone should consider themselves free to criticise religion. Richard Dawkins is critical of all world religions but he does not involve himself in behaviour that has a tendency to cause others to dislike, fear and distrust followers of them whereas Tommy Robinson often does that in relation to Muslims. He’s clever in that he never goes as far as to indulge in direct hate speech but the manner in which he conducts himself indicates to me that he either wants others to fear and dislike all Muslims or he doesn’t care whether his behaviour causes them to do so.

Violet1956 - 2018-10-26 11:54 AM

Anyone should consider themselves free to criticise religion. Richard Dawkins is critical of all world religions but he does not involve himself in behaviour that has a tendency to cause others to dislike, fear and distrust followers of them whereas Tommy Robinson often does that in relation to Muslims. He’s clever in that he never goes as far as to indulge in direct hate speech but the manner in which he conducts himself indicates to me that he either wants others to fear and dislike all Muslims or he doesn’t care whether his behaviour causes them to do so.

You can criticize religion ... Apart from one ... You just can't without getting the usual rubbish like racist or Islamaphobe or whatever insult is trending ... You see it time and again ... Our resident name caller provided a perfect example the other day calling me a "right wing extremist" ... Now I might question Islam but does that make me a right wing extremist ??? ... What our resident name thrower doesn't realise is that it's because of him and others like him who try to shout down talking about Islam that Mr Robinson exists ... They've helped create him ... Couldn't make it up

I think Tommy Robinson might have to take some responsibility for stifling any criticism of Islam and /or some of its followers Antony. I suspect that many people would not want to be associated with some racists who have latched on to his cause by being seen to agree with some of his criticisms of Islam and some of its followers. Fortunately there are still those who do not shy away from such criticisms including Muslims themselves.

A fear of a being accused of racism did feature as one the reasons why some people who sought to downplay the racial/religious origins of the majority of perpetrators in Rochdale. Baroness Jay called this the “avoidance of a politically inconvenient truth” in her report on the Rochdale scandal. Being unafraid of identifying racial/religious origins of the perpetrators would have led to better prevention measures being adopted. An example she gives in her report was that one person told her that he/she was involved in training others about protecting children from abuse and they were specifically told by a manager not to mention the racial origins of the perpetrators when delivering that training. Absolutely daft and, as it turned out, potentially very dangerous in that warning signs were missed. A pregnant 13 year old with a “boyfriend” named Adil comes to mind. It is scandalous that this wasn’t followed up by a proper investigation and prosecution against him for USI as soon as it was discovered she was pregnant.

But I should stress again that from my reading of the entire Jay report I believe it does not show that an excess of “political correctness” over issues such as race or religion was the sole or even the main factor that led to these girls going unprotected for so long, albeit a feature that is rightly condemned.

OK ... Sorry for the mix up ... I'm sure your correct regarding some of his followers ... I suppose though it depends on what you believe makes someone racist ... Not particularly what you think makes a racist but what others believe ... I for one believe the term racist now means nothing , it's been so watered down and used by those who want to shut down differing opinion so often it's now worthless ... Some believe flying a George Cross or Union Flag is racist and some would shout racist for pointing out Mohammed had sex with a 9 year old ... I dunno

pelmetman - 2018-10-26 8:32 AM

1) "Robinson and other far-right figures should not focus on abuse only by people they perceive to be Muslim."

Agree...or disagree?

Finally we are getting somewhere though i've no idea how you can disagree with the wording of the question following Sammy Woodhouses quote! :-|

However you disagree with her that "Robinson and other far-right figures should not focus on abuse only by people they perceive to be Muslim." The two most important words in that quote are 'only' and 'perceive'......the former specifying solely, nobody and nothing else besides, and the latter word meaning someone you believe to be...but have no firm evidence and is based on your own personal assumption.

Yaxley-Lennon can criticise whatever he wants to.....within the law, including the right to freedom of speech he was wailing about being taken from him the other day. He failed to see the irony in that whilst standing on a platform outside the Old Bailey with a pa system and mic in hand.

So judging by your opinion and what we've seen of Yaxley-Lennons performances we can conclude he's only interested in campaigning against sex abuse cases where he perceives the offenders to be Muslim, irrespective of whether they are or not, and completely ignoring sex abuse cases involving white non-Muslim people (though worth bearing in mind some Muslim are white).

I'm afraid his stance on this comes across as very insincere and not genuine....and that's being kind. It's almost as though he believes the nature of these offences should be the sole preserve of white people...preferably with far right ideology.

I didn't see your answer to this question either;

Do you think sexual abuse of an underage girl/boy is less serious when committed by one or two people than several, or is it as serious?

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-10-26 4:14 PM

Do you think sexual abuse of an underage girl/boy is less serious when committed by one or two people than several, or is it as serious?

There's no difference..........Quite what that has to do with the Asian grooming gangs is beyond me? *-) ..........

It's like comparing accidents involving 1 car or 2 cars :-S .........I'm more interested in the drivers and the motives for their actions :-| ..........

pelmetman - 2018-10-26 5:08 PM

There's no difference..........

Exactly. Both are as serious.

Quite what that has to do with the Asian grooming gangs is beyond me? *-) .........

The question was specifically all inclusive and if you read the question again you will see that quite plainly.

It's like comparing accidents involving 1 car or 2 cars :-S

Don't be silly now. Even though it took some time, you did remarkably well on the last post so don't let it be a short lived flash in the pan.

I'm more interested in the drivers and the motives for their actions :-| ..........

Sexual. Male hunter/gatherer, hence the reason for a lower proportion of females.

There's no difference..........Quite what that has to do with the Asian grooming gangs is beyond me? *-) ..........

It's like comparing accidents involving 1 car or 2 cars :-S .........I'm more interested in the drivers and the motives for their actions :-| ..........

Dont know why you bother ... Hes only shown concern for one victim of Muslim sex gangs ... The one that hates Mr Robinson ... Its shameful and beyond words thats why no one backs him up

antony1969 - 2018-10-26 8:08 PM

Dont know why you bother ... Hes only shown concern for one victim of Muslim sex gangs ... The one that hates Mr Robinson ... Its shameful and beyond words thats why no one backs him up

I concern myself with all victims of sex abuse, irrespective of the ethnicity or religious faith (if any) of the perpetrator/s.......unlike you who obsesses over one particular ethnicity to spout forth your usual bile and hatred, yet totally ignore the same vile deeds of those amidst the ranks of a woman beating fraudster and racist thug, 'qualities' which you clearly admire.

Bulletguy - 2018-10-26 9:04 PM

antony1969 - 2018-10-26 8:08 PM

I concern myself with all victims of sex abuse, irrespective of the ethnicity or religious faith (if any) of the perpetrator/s.......unlike you who obsesses over one particular ethnicity to spout forth your usual bile and hatred, yet totally ignore the same vile deeds of those amidst the ranks of a woman beating fraudster and racist thug, 'qualities' which you clearly admire.

So you wont like the term Catholic Church Sex Abuse Scandal ... Anyway your beyond help ... The world doesnt need you to admit to the massive Muslim problem with sex gangs ... Wonder if Peter Hain will be receiving the same treatment M Robinson recieved for going against our judges

Archived