Calling all remainers

Violet1956

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Violet1956 - 2019-03-22 7:52 AM

antony1969 - 2019-03-22 7:38 AM

Petition to free respected reporter and commentator Mr Robinson from his wrongful imprisonment last year ... Over 500.000 signed

Well that was a bit of a waste of time and effort. As far as I know only the courts have jurisdiction over whether someone is innocent or guillty.

They released him

antony1969 - 2019-03-22 9:23 AM

Petition to free respected reporter and commentator Mr Robinson from his wrongful imprisonment last year ... Over 500.000 signed

Well that was a bit of a waste of time and effort. As far as I know only the courts have jurisdiction over whether someone is innocent or guillty.

They released him

But not because of the petition Antony. Lord forbid that the courts should ever make decision based on petitions rather than what the law dictates.

Apparently the petitions site is crashing partly because of the sheer volume of people clambering to sign it but also because people keep checking it. Its hopefully been stabilised now but if you have signed and not received a confirmation email keep checking as they are up to 24 hours behind currently and also check your spam / junk folders. The running total is now only updated every so often (about half an hour I think).

This site shows you the results of all petitions. https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions?fbclid=IwAR00471VE1r2xrrRpP7TAZ5cI9gZ3Q2Uliss1PzBh3tch3rOXHcBfk9_5z0

And the two petition counts for Revoke and Leave with no deal can be viewed here. Its a landslide when you put the two side by side (see link below).

https://brexit-petitions-count.now.sh/?fbclid=IwAR0RsXr6diSBdWmQaIApJvqNiXPv7fioiRndwp6Meou5EeRnvkvOLTaIQAI

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-03-22 9:05 AM

"Remoaner expert incompetence" I accept the EC evidence was flawed but not that they are in any way connected with the remain lobby.

Did a Unicorn tell you that? (lol) ............

An investigation by The Sunday Telegraph found that four of the Electoral Commission’s 10 commissioners, including the chairman, had made pronouncements on Brexit since the referendum – all of them backing Remain.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/03/31/election-watchdogs-face-calls-resign-brexit-bias/

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-03-22 10:58 AM

Apparently the petitions site is crashing partly because of the sheer volume of people clambering to sign it but also because people keep checking it. Its hopefully been stabilised now but if you have signed and not received a confirmation email keep checking as they are up to 24 hours behind currently and also check your spam / junk folders. The running total is now only updated every so often (about half an hour I think).

This site shows you the results of all petitions. https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions?fbclid=IwAR00471VE1r2xrrRpP7TAZ5cI9gZ3Q2Uliss1PzBh3tch3rOXHcBfk9_5z0

And the two petition counts for Revoke and Leave with no deal can be viewed here. Its a landslide when you put the two side by side (see link below).

https://brexit-petitions-count.now.sh/?fbclid=IwAR0RsXr6diSBdWmQaIApJvqNiXPv7fioiRndwp6Meou5EeRnvkvOLTaIQAI

Thanks for the tip Barry ;-) ............I better keep checking that petition I haven't signed :D .......

Violet1956 - 2019-03-22 10:00 AM

antony1969 - 2019-03-22 9:23 AM

They released him

But not because of the petition Antony. Lord forbid that the courts should ever make decision based on petitions rather than what the law dictates.

You know that the petition and the outpouring of disgust towards Mr Robinson being imprisoned didnt enter the thoughts of those who released him how exactly Veronica ??? ... Talking of what the law dictates that doesn't seem to have stopped many of our MPs from taking it upon themselves to halt the legal position of article 50 does it , a legal position that they voted for 2 years ago

pelmetman - 2019-03-22 11:16 AM

"Remoaner expert incompetence" I accept the EC evidence was flawed but not that they are in any way connected with the remain lobby.

An investigation by The Sunday Telegraph found that four of the Electoral Commission’s 10 commissioners, including the chairman, had made pronouncements on Brexit since the referendum – all of them backing Remain.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/03/31/election-watchdogs-face-calls-resign-brexit-bias/

Almost half its board that made pro remain statements eh? What about those who hadn't?

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-03-22 1:22 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-22 11:16 AM

Almost half its board that made pro remain statements eh? What about those who hadn't?

Like their Remoaner chairman would allow a Brexiteer on the board? (lol) .........

You'll be telling me next you know a right wing judge :D ........

Methinks there's more chance of finding Unicorn poo than either of the above ;-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-03-22 8:26 AM

Violet1956 - 2019-03-22 8:20 AM

pelmetman - 2019-03-22 8:05 AM

Violet1956 - 2019-03-22 7:59 AM

pelmetman - 2019-03-22 7:55 AM

Well that was a bit of a waste of time and effort. As far as I know only Soppy Liberal judges have jurisdiction over whether someone is innocent or guillty.

Corrected that for you Veronica ;-) ..........

Unless you know of a right wing judge? :-S ..........

The same kind of soppy liberal judges who chucked out the Wilson case Dave?

Are you referring to the case brought by the Remoaner biased and incompetent Electoral Commission? ;-) .........

Ooooh I bet the soppy liberal judge struggled with that one (lol) .......

Get your facts straight Dave. It wasn't brought by the Electoral Commission. What evidence do you have that the Judge at first instance or the two that sat in the Court of Appeal are "soppy liberals"?

Our So called British Justice system is infested with soppy liberals ;-) ..........

Which is why there aren't any Right wing judges .........Because soppy liberals got them kicked out years ago *-) .......

If you won't/don't want to abide in accordance with this countries justice system then you should leave. You crowed about wanting British justice being heard in British courts for British, yet the first taste you got of exactly that, you threw your toys out the pram.

pelmetman - 2019-03-22 8:32 AM

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-22 8:19 AM

Fast Pat - 2019-03-21 8:06 PM

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

Here is the link.

The signatures from dodgy parts of the world are pro-brexit 4chan operatives trying to spike the petition and crash the site. Probably funded by Banks and his Putin backers.

2,451,828 at 08:18 Friday 22 March 2019

00:01 June 24th 2016.........17,410,742 voted to Leave the EU >:-) .........

BTW how many of those signing the Revoke A50 petition would be able to vote in another referendum? ;-) .......

Many unable to vote in the advisory referendum would now be eligible to vote. There's no reason not to have another vote anyway.....after all May keeps wanting more votes all the time. Personally i'd go straight to revoking A50 than bother with another vote as there's been more than enough damage done by you lot already.

So far just about 1 in every 16 voters who voted in the referendum have signed this petition ... Taking into account the multiple signers and those from just about every country in the world who've signed I would say it's a real poor show given how many times weve been told just about everyone has changed their minds ... Silly babies

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-03-22 6:40 PM

3,567,130 at 18:40 Friday 22 March 2019.

Only another 11 million to go :D ........To nearly match what you LOST by last time >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2019-03-22 6:43 PM

Only another 11 million to go :D ........To nearly match what you LOST by last time >:-) ......

Actually it was only 1,269,501 between Remain/Leave.....not 14.5 million! You're fantasising.....again!

But you still haven't quite 'got it' yet have you? It's not about needing to reach 16 or 17 million......it's about it being debated in Parliament, and the 100,000 necessary was reached very quickly.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-03-22 8:28 PM

Only another 11 million to go :D ........To nearly match what you LOST by last time >:-) ......

Actually it was only 1,269,501 between Remain/Leave.....not 14.5 million! You're fantasising.....again!

But you still haven't quite 'got it' yet have you? It's not about needing to reach 16 or 17 million......it's about it being debated in Parliament, and the 100,000 necessary was reached very quickly.

Neither have you ;-) ............You'll need more than 14.5 million to win another referendum :D .........

3 million whingers wont do it >:-) .........

Its clear from the petition there is a great desire to revoke Article 50 and not much desire to leave with no deal when you put the two petitions side by side in a competition and the "Leave with no deal" petition promoted on here by Dangerous Dave Pelmet response and take up was pitiful in comparison.

Side by side. Remain vs No deal

Remain 90.6% vs Leave with no deal 9.4%

The Brexiteers have all but given up. Its just a few radical ones left who make a bit of noise on Social media. Even the campaign to bring the roads to a standstill has so far proved laughable (although the Mail is trying to spin it)

https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/we-failed-pro-brexit-m25-2677773

"Few people turned up and in some areas, there were more police than protesters.

One supporter said: "Two of us turned up on A46 but someone had told police to expect two hundred, so six police cars turned up with us."

Another disappointed driver DID head to the M25, but said he was rather lonely.

He said: "I trundled down the M25 from junction 27 to junction 30 but it was a shame no one joined me."

Another member of the group angrily added: “People ain’t got the b*******. It was a good idea but we have failed.”

They couldnt organise a pish up in a brewery. Compare that bunch to tomorrows event.

pelmetman - 2019-03-22 8:50 PM

Neither have you ;-) ............You'll need more than 14.5 million to win another referendum :D .........

3 million whingers wont do it >:-) .........

Read your reply to Brians post and see if you can figure out why what you wrote was nonsense.....then you might better understand the reply i made. Somehow i doubt you will as you're just posting repetitive gobbledygook.

Guest pelmetman

Oooh nearly 4 million signatures.........only another 10.4 million to go until you reach the same number you LOST the referendum by >:-) ........

Guest pelmetman

Effectiveness

Emma Howard of The Guardian newspaper questioned the value of the website in 2014, saying that it created false expectations.[5] Of the ten campaigns that received most signatures in 2016, four were denied a debate and ***NONE*** achieved their intended outcome or led to real change.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_Parliament_petitions_website

>:-) .............

I've just had a look at the data on the countries to which Antony referred to as "dodgy" . A few minutes ago the website gave the figure for signatures from the UK as 3,768,199. Taken from the total of 3,943,064 signatures leaves 275,865 from elsewhere in the world. Some of those may be British citizens of course but as a percentage of the total I make that about 4.5% so not such a big deal after all.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-03-23 8:47 AM

I've just had a look at the data on the countries to which Antony referred to as "dodgy" . A few minutes ago the website gave the figure for signatures from the UK as 3,768,199. Taken from the total of 3,943,064 signatures leaves 275,865 from elsewhere in the world. Some of those may be British citizens of course but as a percentage of the total I make that about 4.5% so not such a big deal after all.

I wonder how many are EU citizens who are resident in the UK and are allowed to sign the petition, but not allowed to take part in the referendum? ;-) ..........

But as you say.......4 million whingers is not such a big deal after all :D .........

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-03-23 9:16 AM

4,000,239 at 09:30 Saturday 23 March 2019.

Yep ;-) ...........Sign up and achieve nowt ............Just like all your other petitions :D ........

Archived