HAHAHAHAHA

Fast Pat

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-09-25 2:50 PM

747 - 2019-09-25 2:03 PM

Yep, it's a disgrace and Attorney General Geoffrey Cox laced into them this morning and told them exactly that.

He was magnificent. :D

Geoffrey Cox certainly did go absolutely wild. His thesis, in the main, is that “the opposition won’t let the government govern.”

It was not the opposition that kicked out 21 of is its own MPs

They're not our MP's ;-) ..........

They're lying Remoaner MP's *-) .........

Good riddance to the charlatans >:-) ..........

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2019-09-25 2:17 PM

Violet1956 - 2019-09-25 11:45 AM

Link to the Judgement for anyone who's interested. It's a cracking read.

https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/docs/uksc-2019-0192-judgment.pdf

Paragraph 70 in particular puts Boris in his place. Love it. :-)

Veronica

I'll take the views of 11 Remain voting judges with a large pinch of salt *-) .........

But you are right about Boris being in his place ;-) .........

This country needs him as Prime Minister B-) .........

Just read the judgement Dave. If you listened to Geoffrey Cox carefully you would understand that he doesn't go along with your view that the Supreme Court approached the case with any political or other bias.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-09-25 3:00 PM

Veronica

I'll take the views of 11 Remain voting judges with a large pinch of salt *-) .........

But you are right about Boris being in his place ;-) .........

This country needs him as Prime Minister B-) .........

Just read the judgement Dave. If you listened to Geoffrey Cox carefully you would understand that he doesn't go along with your view that the Supreme Court approached the case with any political or other bias.

He'd open a right can of worms if he did :D ............

pelmetman - 2019-09-25 2:34 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-09-25 2:29 PM

Johnson is doing a great job of shifting the blame for the biggest clusterf*ck of all time onto parliament when it's him that needs to take the blame. Parliament are just protecting the country, our economy and people's lives. Johnson promised us a great deal as did many others. "Nobody is talking about leaving with no deal" I seem to remember was the mantra.

I've not heard the speech from cox yet but he's on a sticky wicket as Johnson will be looking for someone to take his embarrassing defeat out on and wasn't it cox that told him he was not breaking the law?

Parliament are not there to do the bidding of Brenda from Bristol they are there to ensure our country Is run the best way it can be. Most I think wanted to deliver Brexit with a deal but it's just not possible.

He's not shifting anything ;-) ..........

The public are well aware that Parliament is stuffed full of MP's who LIED to get elected, when they said they would respect the result of the referendum *-) ........

That is also why they lack the guts to go to the people >:-) ..........

Of course he is. That will be Johnsons main goal now. To shift blame in order to hang on to power.

Lack the guts to go to the people? (Lol). You will be up for a referendum then no deal vs remain.

What your after Is a dictatorship!

Couple of quotes for you. Prize for the first person to guess who said them.

"Being democratic is not enough, a majority cannot turn what is wrong into right. In order to be considered truly free, countries must also have a deep love of liberty and an abiding respect for the rule of law."

"The legal system we have and the rule of law are far more responsible for our traditional liberties than any system of one man one vote. Any country or Government which wants to proceed towards tyranny starts to undermine legal rights and undermine the law."

Violet1956 - 2019-09-25 2:08 PM

Yep, it's a disgrace and Attorney General Geoffrey Cox laced into them this morning and told them exactly that.

Whilst you and I may not agree on Brexit I quite agree that Geoffrey Cox was magnificent today. It is parliament that should be the focus of the ire of those in favour of Brexit and not the Judiciary.

Quite, however you have to wonder why one week three high judges opinion is in favour yet a couple of weeks later eleven are not.

Johnson is doing a great job of shifting the blame for the biggest clusterf*ck of all time onto parliament when it's him that needs to take the blame. Parliament are just protecting the country, our economy and people's lives. Johnson promised us a great deal as did many others. "Nobody is talking about leaving with no deal" I seem to remember was the mantra.

I've not heard the speech from cox yet but he's on a sticky wicket as Johnson will be looking for someone to take his embarrassing defeat out on and wasn't it cox that told him he was not breaking the law?

Parliament are not there to do the bidding of Brenda from Bristol they are there to ensure our country Is run the best way it can be. Most I think wanted to deliver Brexit with a deal but it's just not possible.

Parliament is absolutely there to do our bidding...and they should bloody well get their finger out and do it.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-09-25 3:15 PM

The public are well aware that Parliament is stuffed full of MP's who LIED to get elected, when they said they would respect the result of the referendum *-) ........

Of course he is. That will be Johnsons main goal now. To shift blame in order to hang on to power.

Lack the guts to go to the people? (Lol). You will be up for a referendum then no deal vs remain.

"Being democratic is not enough, a majority cannot turn what is wrong into right. In order to be considered truly free, countries must also have a deep love of liberty and an abiding respect for the rule of law."

"The legal system we have and the rule of law are far more responsible for our traditional liberties than any system of one man one vote. Any country or Government which wants to proceed towards tyranny starts to undermine legal rights and undermine the law."

Who is trying to carry out the wishes of the electorate...............Boris and the Tories

Who is trying to block the wishes of the electorate.............Labour, Lib Dems, SNP and the Greens

Even a dotard can work out who's to blame >:-) ........

John52 - 2019-09-25 2:30 PM

pelmetman - 2019-09-25 9:27 AM

John52 - 2019-09-25 7:33 AM

jumpstart - 2019-09-25 7:03 AM

Ah yes democrasy....you mean when 17 million people voted to leave over 1000 days ago.

No!!!!!

Don't let them tell you that what its about !!!!!!!

I mean the Unelected part of the Government shutting down the only elected part. >:-) >:-) >:-)

So what has that elected part "achieved"? ;-) .........

Have you changed the minds of the 52%?.....................Nope (lol) .........

Have you p*ssed off the majority of the electorate?........Yep (lol) ...........

Are you going to force an election?.................................Nope (lol) .......

So all you've "achieved" is an own goal ..........................HAHAHAHAHA (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Even if everything you said was true it wouldn't make any difference.

Its still the Unelected part of the Government shutting down the Elected part, and that is wrong.

It is elected to do our bidding so should stop delaying the inevitable.

Violet1956 - 2019-09-25 2:08 PM

Whilst you and I may not agree on Brexit I quite agree that Geoffrey Cox was magnificent today. It is parliament that should be the focus of the ire of those in favour of Brexit and not the Judiciary.

I've only seen clips from various media but i imagine he's fighting to save his political career. Has he suggested SC judges be appointed by parliament? If so that's a very dangerous path.

I find it odd, even amusing to an extent, that they're banging on about Brexit when they told the SC it "was nothing to with Brexit". Obviously it was.

Barryd999 - 2019-09-25 3:15 PM

Who’s perceived wrong into right.....we decide on the rule of law.

Veronica

You've just made that up! (lol) *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-09-25 3:43 PM

Veronica

Can you prove me wrong? >:-) ............

Nobody recognise the wise words of Margaret Thatcher then? (My quotes)

It all comes back to the bed of lies Brexit was sold on. That's why we are where we are now. MP's agreed to invoke article 50 and in 2017 agreed to attempt to deliver Brexit but and it's a big but with the great deal we were promised we would have no problem obtaining.

Well the Tories have failed to do that. There is no mandate for no deal so this is why we are where we are now. MP's are not there to do what a minority of ill informed rabid members of the public think they should do they are there to make the right choices for our country and it's pretty clear Brexit is a disaster now and needs to be stopped one way or another

Barryd999 - 2019-09-25 4:30 PM

It all comes back to the bed of lies Brexit was sold on. That's why we are where we are now. MP's agreed to invoke article 50 and in 2017 agreed to attempt to deliver Brexit but and it's a big but with the great deal we were promised we would have no problem obtaining.

Well the Tories have failed to do that. There is no mandate for no deal so this is why we are where we are now. MP's are not there to do what a minority of ill informed rabid members of the public think they should do they are there to make the right choices for our country and it's pretty clear Brexit is a disaster now and needs to be stopped one way or another

Wrong on so many points. Other than Thatcher,thought it might be Churchill.

MP’s are there to do one thing...bring about Brexit....not their ideas....not delay...the only mandate was in or out. We voted out.Thats it

pelmetman - 2019-09-25 3:53 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-09-25 3:43 PM

Veronica

Can you prove me wrong? >:-) ............

I'll translate......you'd made it up and have absolutely no proof at all of how any of the judges voted in the referendum otherwise you'd have been the first to link, but you can't so like Johnson you go on spreading lies long enough, people eventually believe them.

Your reaction is no surprise anyway as we've seen it all before from you and know Brexiters desire for sovereignty restored and justice being heard in British courts was all fake. What they really meant is they want to choose their judges they can manipulate.

jumpstart - 2019-09-25 4:53 PM

MP’s are there to do one thing...bring about Brexit....not their ideas....not delay...the only mandate was in or out. We voted out.Thats it

But its not just in or out is it? 2017 election showed the only Brexit mandate was one with a deal and a good deal as well like what was promised and the only reason "leave" scraped a very narrow victory on the day. Most of us said the lies would come back and haunt the Brexiteets and of course now they have.

MP's have a duty not to damage the country even if it means going against the referendum result. That's what they are there for.

Barryd999 - 2019-09-25 6:16 PM

But its not just in or out is it? 2017 election showed the only Brexit mandate was one with a deal and a good deal as well like what was promised and the only reason "leave" scraped a very narrow victory on the day. Most of us said the lies would come back and haunt the Brexiteets and of course now they have.

MP's have a duty not to damage the country even if it means going against the referendum result. That's what they are there for.

Yes it’s just in or out .Thats it. The rest is just political speak...the only people damaging the country are the MP’s. delaying Brexit.

Veronica

I prefer the last part of paragraph 13. The highest court in the UK admit we leave the EU if one EU country uses it's veto to a 3 month extension . Own goal by Miller (!)

jumpstart - 2019-09-25 6:28 PM

Yes it’s just in or out .Thats it. The rest is just political speak...the only people damaging the country are the MP’s. delaying Brexit.

So just so I am clear, you think that mps that do not want the UK to leave without a deal are damaging the country and those that are doing their best to serve their hedge fund disaster Capitalist paymasters by crashing us out with nothing are not?

Barryd999 - 2019-09-25 6:50 PM

So just so I am clear, you think that mps that do not want the UK to leave without a deal are damaging the country and those that are doing their best to serve their hedge fund disaster Capitalist paymasters by crashing us out with nothing are not?

Correct me if I’m wrong...we had a deal...MP’s voted it out.....

jumpstart - 2019-09-25 7:00 PM

No you are correct. Both sides unanimously rejected it. Peheraps they will regret that but the deal was crap for a whole host of reasons. It was the first thing many on both sides agreed on.

You haven't read that deal have you.

People who have actually read it realise that it effectively keeps us bound by the EU without the benefits we have now. Its Brexit in name only. Its not really Brexit.

Thats why people right across the political spectrum even hard right Brexiteers including BoJo have voted against it.

But the alternative is leaving without a deal which would be even worse.

Thats why we need truth telling and then another referendum.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-09-26 7:33 AM

No you are correct. Both sides unanimously rejected it. Peheraps they will regret that but the deal was crap for a whole host of reasons. It was the first thing many on both sides agreed on.

Which is why NO DEAL is the BEST DEAL B-) ...........

John52 - 2019-09-26 8:45 AM

pelmetman - 2019-09-26 8:42 AM

Which is why NO DEAL is the BEST DEAL B-) ...........

Capital letters and shouting does not make something right.

Can you please explain calmly and sensibly why we would be better off leaving with no deal than staying in.

Cue, Will of the people, 17.4 million, something about losers, WIN!, blue passports, who won the war anyway etc etc etc. 8-)

Archived