Camera

Caddies104

You will have to remove the camera and open the casing. Allow it to dry out by leaving it somewhere warm like an airing cupboard. Then reassemble using silicon grease on the joints and cable entry.

There will probably be a silica gel bag inside the casing. This will have become saturated. It is up to you if you replace the silica gel. Personally I have found that if the cameras is assembled in a dry and warm place it should not be necessary. The silica gel will hold moisture but when heated it will give off the moisture which will fog the glass.

Thanks

Another lockdown job tomorrow, did look at removing the camera but could not see any plug from the camera to the lead. Was also only a small gap to remove it from as did not want to force the outer casing. Not sure how it comes off, removed the rear light above the camera and the casing moved a bit but was worried to force it anymore.

Thanks again, Derek

Derek, I replaced the camera on my 2015 Tracker. It is located higher up the rear wall than the 2017 632 you have but I suspect it would not have changed once you remove the cover. The cover is a pain to remove but can be done with patience and a sharp knife to cut away the silicon. Best to start from one side then work your way around all sides. The cover is plastic and will break if you try to pull it off while there is still silicon holding it in place. Once off the cover will reveal a small ball shaped camera held onto a bracket by two bolts. The wiring harness goes through the rear wall and into a cupboard . In the cupboard is where you will find the harness connector. Obviously the replacement is reverse of above. I did not pull my camera apart so can not help you with your moisture question. After you have reassembled the camera onto the holding bracket you will need to have someone look at your dash screen while you hold the cover plate in place . If you do not adjust with the cover plate in place you will finish up with the screen showing a black lower section as the camera will be adjusted too low. To achieve a good view of directly behind the MH and not have any black screen is a fine adjustment. Cheers,

Two photos of an Auto-Trail camera installation are attached below, with the upper photo relating to a 2015 model and the lower photo to a 2017.

In order to access the camera to work on it or remove it, it seems inevitable in both cases that the plastic moulding through which the camera ‘looks’ will need to be taken off. As Gary says, this task can be challenging and this 2013 forum thread about removing the camera

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Auto-Trail-Camera-removal/31076/

contains the following

QUESTION: Have you asked Auto-Trail about removing the existing camera-cover? It may well be that fairly brutal methods are required to remove the cover if the factory-fitted camera needs accessing. It might even be that the cover will unavoidably be damaged during the removal process and, if an Auto-Trail dealership needs to get at the camera, the dealership will fit a new cover as part of the procedure.

ANSWER: Have spoken to Autotrail and they advise it is possible to cut it out but general easier to break it and replace with a new panel so have one on order just in case!

2015.png.adf5eee253fd02400bf4b16dbbd7683f.png

2017.png.76cefbde652bdab0ba74c4de7d06e84d.png

Have managed to get the camera out, but cannot see any way of removing it as the cable is fixed straight into the back of the camera

The cable then goes into the Van but through a lump of putty like stuff. Not sure if anything in that?

Will attach photos I hope

Derek

EA20FCF1-6905-41A2-8F40-2122B0C6BDD5.thumb.jpg.76e188455880ba423e9f73a3d55f04ba.jpg

7198DF1B-60CC-4CD2-80C1-828C155DFBA5.thumb.jpg.b881b65e899527ab4111cc26330adad4.jpg

601AF686-9EDC-40CC-A50C-669DE5D3D4CA.thumb.jpg.8f9645cf4ba46f6abb71d5a85d54fa1a.jpg

You should now be able to dig out the sealant around the cable. If you can find the connector as described by Geeco you can pull the camera and cable out.

I would tie a cord to the trailing cable attached to the camera which will make reassembly easier.

The camera, commonly referred to as an eyeball camera can now be slit in two. You will need a strong grip to unscrew the two halves of the eyebal. A rubber strap wrench may help.

Thank you all for latest replies, as you can see have managed to squeeze the camera out, but cannot get to the wires behind cupboard in the bedroom, they are tucked in tightly and cannot pull out to see which wires goes to the camera. Why do they make it so difficult 8o|

Will persevere.

Have now removed the gel and pulled the cable out further but no connector yet..

Derek

Hi All

Finally succeeded, was able to unscrew the eyeball and clean the lens and the glass to remove the condensation.

Reassembled but wish I had made a note or marked the outer case of which way it was facing. Ended up at 90* so had to make several journeys up and down the ladder and checking the screen each time I adjusted ;-) :-)

Thanks for all the help and information, great Forum

Derek :-D

Archived