Luton,Leicester,Blackburn etc ...

Birdbrain

pelmetman - 2020-08-01 11:08 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-08-01 11:00 AM

pelmetman - 2020-08-01 9:44 AM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8581949/Tory-MP-sparks-racism-row-claiming-vast-majority-lockdown-breakers-BAME.html

So it's racist to point out that those BAME folk who are at greater risk of dying from COVID19, are also the ones who are not following the rules? *-) .........

No doubt our resident thick as mince LLLLB will be along soon to blame white privilige ;-)

He cites one of the reasons as too many of them living in the same house. No Sh1t Sherlock! What do you expect them to do then?

There is no doubt though that there is an issue with some. I think its the same with a lot of groups of people who are perhaps more devoted to their religion and community way of life than perhaps the rest of the population. Its not just Muslims though. Jewish communities have behaved similarly or at least did so at the start of the Pandemic. dunno about Christians but I believe the Arch Bishop of Canterbury had to issue a warning to vicars to abide by the rules.

The Satanists have probably been alright as its mainly sacrificing goats outside and stuff. Maybe the odd virgin..

Still unable to accept the facts eh Barry *-) ..........

The COVID19 hot spots are mostly in Muslim area's ........Not Jewish, Christian or Satanist area's ;-) ........

Even Muslim leaders accept what you are unable to with your Thick as Mince LLLLB blinkers on >:-) .......

Well lets have the facts because we dont have them all. Maybe Jewish people dont live in houses with large numbers but they certainly broke the rules. As has been said its perhaps a combination of rule breaking, large numbers in the same house, jobs, poverty and possibly weakened immune systems. We dont have the facts though.

Perhaps if we had a track and trace system as good as say Germany's we would have more chance of getting to the bottom of it.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-08-01 11:28 AM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8581949/Tory-MP-sparks-racism-row-claiming-vast-majority-lockdown-breakers-BAME.html

So it's racist to point out that those BAME folk who are at greater risk of dying from COVID19, are also the ones who are not following the rules? *-) .........

No doubt our resident thick as mince LLLLB will be along soon to blame white privilige ;-)

He cites one of the reasons as too many of them living in the same house. No Sh1t Sherlock! What do you expect them to do then?

There is no doubt though that there is an issue with some. I think its the same with a lot of groups of people who are perhaps more devoted to their religion and community way of life than perhaps the rest of the population. Its not just Muslims though. Jewish communities have behaved similarly or at least did so at the start of the Pandemic. dunno about Christians but I believe the Arch Bishop of Canterbury had to issue a warning to vicars to abide by the rules.

The Satanists have probably been alright as its mainly sacrificing goats outside and stuff. Maybe the odd virgin..

The COVID19 hot spots are mostly in Muslim area's ........Not Jewish, Christian or Satanist area's ;-) ........

Even Muslim leaders accept what you are unable to with your Thick as Mince LLLLB blinkers on >:-) .......

Well lets have the facts because we dont have them all. Maybe Jewish people dont live in houses with large numbers but they certainly broke the rules. As has been said its perhaps a combination of rule breaking, large numbers in the same house, jobs, poverty and possibly weakened immune systems. We dont have the facts though.

Perhaps if we had a track and trace system as good as say Germany's we would have more chance of getting to the bottom of it.

It's our track & trace system that has identified where the hot spots are ;-) ..........

BTW multi generational Muslim families don't live in one house because they're poor *-) ........

They do it because its their culture, which means its their culture that is helping spread the Chinky Flu and causing more of them to die :-| .......

Not white privilige (^) .........

pelmetman - 2020-08-01 11:34 AM

It's our track & trace system that has identified where the hot spots are ;-) ..........

BTW multi generational Muslim families don't live in one house because they're poor *-) ........

They do it because its their culture, which means its their culture that is helping spread the Chinky Flu and causing more of them to die :-| .......

Is that a fact or something you just decided? You might be right but its also correct that Muslims are the poorest ethnic group in the UK I believe. I think 50% are classed as being in poverty.

StuartO - 2020-08-01 7:55 AM

1 But you are being remarkably reluctant to acknowledge which bits of the Liberal stereotype fit the bill Brian - and you do seem to have been a lifelong Liberal supporter in general elections, which means that some of it, at least, must be valid.

.......................….

2 Do you support their cultural freedom to do that sort of thing Brian, as long as they only kill their own relatives and slave labour in the process?

1 a) Stuart, for some reason I seem to have become a scab that you can't help picking. I'm not going to write you, or anyone else, a personal political manifesto. Those things are for me to know.

b) I am not, as you allege above, "a lifelong Liberal supporter in general elections". How you drew that conclusion, presumably from what I actually said, here: "Brian Kirby - 2020-07-28 6:57 PM ………………………...Have never Voted Conservative or Labour, and have latterly tended to vote Liberal Democrat in national elections, and independent in local elections, based on the qualities of the candidates. ………………" I fail to understand. Cognitive dissonance, perhaps?

c) I will say just this. I voted for the first time, I think, in 1997, when I voted Liberal Democrat. Before then I had not voted in national elections for two reasons. First, the trivialising, "yah boo sucks", nature of left-right party politics, and second, although I agreed with parts of both major parties' "manifestos", I did not subscribe to either sufficiently to vote for them.

d) Before the Liberal Democrats formed in 1981 the Liberals were little more than a bunch of dreamers. The injection from the remnants of the SDP brought most of them down to earth and they became the kind of centrist party I could support. They eventually put up an excellent looking candidate for our local constituency so, in the '97 election I voted for him, and continued doing so.

2 a) I expect people, without exception, to do, to the best of their ability, what is sensible, right and legal. I also expect people to know, irrespective of ethnicity, colour, social status or background, what is sensible, right and legal.

b) I accept that firmly held principles will, at times, place people in conflict with the law and/or the government. I expect them, whoever they are, to seek to resolve those differences within the law, and with consideration for others and their property.

c) So, where the immigrant "communities" of the old cotton towns have not observed the government's instructions to maintain social distancing in all its forms, as well as hand washing and mask wearing as directed, I expect the relevant authorities to direct, and if necessary compel them, firmly and respectfully, to comply.

d) I do not accept any special pleadings that they should be excused on cultural or religious grounds. It is for the good of everyone, and not for any one section of the population, that the rules have been made.

e) In connection with "firmly and respectfully" in c) above, I would expect the particular circumstances of those immigrants, and the reaction to their presence on the part of their host populations, to be understood and taken into account. To be recruited from India and Pakistan in the 19050s, right at the end of the primacy of the UK cotton industry, to work temporarily in the mills and weaving sheds of Lancashire, and then to find new legislation changing the basis of their stays, coupled with overt hostility from the host population, is hardly the ideal way to foster integration and harmony. So, it seems they withdrew into their own community in defence. Not an excuse, but perhaps an explanation of sorts for their reactions to recent government instructions.

Interesting article here that throws some light on the background: https://tinyurl.com/y6t4b6ny From her name, it seems the author probably knows of what she speaks.

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-01 4:33 PM ..... I expect people, without exception, to do, to the best of their ability, what is sensible, right and legal. I also expect people to know, irrespective of ethnicity, colour, social status or background, what is sensible, right and legal. ..... So, where the immigrant "communities" of the old cotton towns have not observed the government's instructions to maintain social distancing in all its forms, as well as hand washing and mask wearing as directed, I expect the relevant authorities to direct, and if necessary compel them, firmly and respectfully, to comply. I do not accept any special pleadings that they should be excused on cultural or religious grounds. It is for the good of everyone, and not for any one section of the population, that the rules have been made.

Well good luck with that then, my old dreamer. The police have been turning a blind eye for far too long (for fear of beeing called racist) and the asian community has got so big and so set in its own ways, sometimes shamelessly criminal ways, that there is no polite and reasonable way to recover the situation - indeed I'm not sure there is any way to recover at all in a democracy like ours.

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-01 4:33 PM

1 But you are being remarkably reluctant to acknowledge which bits of the Liberal stereotype fit the bill Brian - and you do seem to have been a lifelong Liberal supporter in general elections, which means that some of it, at least, must be valid.

2 Do you support their cultural freedom to do that sort of thing Brian, as long as they only kill their own relatives and slave labour in the process?

Interesting article here that throws some light on the background: https://tinyurl.com/y6t4b6ny From her name, it seems the author probably knows of what she speaks.

Very good read that Brian. I'd forgot about our own migrants, particularly brickies to Germany, yet how could i when a highly successful comedy series came off the back of it....Auf Wiedersehen Pet! I even met one in Berlin. A guy from Cornwall who had originally gone to Spain after building work dried up in UK. The same of course eventually happened in Spain but one of his builder mates was returning back to Germany where there was still plenty of building work, so he left with him......not speaking a word of German or knowing anything about the country. When i met him he'd lived in Germany 20 years, spoke fluent German, married a German lass and had family. He had no regrets about leaving UK and never been back to UK since he left.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-08-01 12:28 PM

Is that a fact or something you just decided? You might be right but its also correct that Muslims are the poorest ethnic group in the UK I believe. I think 50% are classed as being in poverty.

Or is it that 50% claim benefits? ;-) .........

I proved how easy it was to qualify for benefits years ago.........Just ask Bullet or Pop Up Pepe >:-) ........

PS ......I forgot to add......one of the Southend Mansions I worked in was owned by someone called Patel :D .........

There were a lot of folk in the house.....although they tended to hide from me? :-S ......

Bulletguy - 2020-08-01 6:51 PM

Very good read that Brian. I'd forgot about our own migrants, particularly brickies to Germany, yet how could i when a highly successful comedy series came off the back of it....Auf Wiedersehen Pet! I even met one in Berlin. A guy from Cornwall who had originally gone to Spain after building work dried up in UK. The same of course eventually happened in Spain but one of his builder mates was returning back to Germany where there was still plenty of building work, so he left with him......not speaking a word of German or knowing anything about the country. When i met him he'd lived in Germany 20 years, spoke fluent German, married a German lass and had family. He had no regrets about leaving UK and never been back to UK since he left.

Back in the days when we had plenty of skilled workers

That all changed when they did away with apprenticeships

So now we need skilled workers from the EU

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-08-01 8:01 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-08-01 6:51 PM

Back in the days when we had plenty of skilled workers

That all changed when they did away with apprenticeships

So now we need skilled workers from the EU

Or alternatively ;-) ........

Those folk with useless degrees could retrain to do a useful job >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-08-01 7:40 PM

I proved how easy it was to qualify for benefits years ago.........Just ask Bullet or Pop Up Pepe >:-) ........

PS ......I forgot to add......one of the Southend Mansions I worked in was owned by someone called Patel :D .........

There were a lot of folk in the house.....although they tended to hide from me? :-S ......

Interesting. Why would someone who likes to bang on how he went semi retired in his 40s need to claim benefits. Did you go semi retired or did the work just go tits up?

Not sure its a good idea for someone to brag on a public forum about how easy it was to claim benefits who clearly was so wealthy he could go semi retired. Unless of course you weren't.

I dont know much about Benefits as Ive never claimed anything since I left school but its my understanding that its actually fecking hard to get anything and you have to pretty much be broke and have hardly any savings to be entitled.

Its a fact that Muslims are the most poverty stricken ethnic group in this country. Dont get me wrong There is clearly a problem with some of them not following the rules but its clearly much more complex than that.

By chance I had a conversation (initially about a car for sale) with a man from Leicester so we got talking about the practicalities of viewing the car, to avoid transferring COVID-19. He explained that the infections in Leicester are almost entirely in asian community areas, where transmission has arisen because of behavioural failures - and of course the open secret of the Rag Trade factories, which continued working normally (for them) throughout Lockdown. Same as Blackburn then, an asian community doing its own thing, regardless of UK law, which they have become accustomed to being allowed to ignore.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-08-01 9:49 PM

Interesting. Why would someone who likes to bang on how he went semi retired in his 40s need to claim benefits. Did you go semi retired or did the work just go tits up?

Not sure its a good idea for someone to brag on a public forum about how easy it was to claim benefits who clearly was so wealthy he could go semi retired. Unless of course you weren't.

I dont know much about Benefits as Ive never claimed anything since I left school but its my understanding that its actually fecking hard to get anything and you have to pretty much be broke and have hardly any savings to be entitled.

Its a fact that Muslims are the most poverty stricken ethnic group in this country. Dont get me wrong There is clearly a problem with some of them not following the rules but its clearly much more complex than that.

Best read the thread ;-)...........

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/Is-the-benefit-system-to-generous-/20021/

Then you will know what your bumping your gums about........for a change >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-08-02 9:54 AM

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/Is-the-benefit-system-to-generous-/20021/

Then you will know what your bumping your gums about........for a change >:-) .........

So by your own admission on that thread you say you went semi retired at 46 as it was a lifestyle choice and that you are lazy so presumably you had plenty of money and could just pick and chose yet six years later you decide to go on benefits.

I have no idea how you managed to do that as I assumed (maybe wrongly because I would never dream of doing such a thing) you couldnt claim benefits if you had money (savings) but even if you could, it beggars belief why you would openly admit to what looks like benefit fraud on a public forum.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-08-02 10:06 AM

So by your own admission on that thread you say you went semi retired at 46 as it was a lifestyle choice and that you are lazy so presumably you had plenty of money and could just pick and chose yet six years later you decide to go on benefits.

I have no idea how you managed to do that as I assumed (maybe wrongly because I would never dream of doing such a thing) you couldnt claim benefits if you had money (savings) but even if you could, it beggars belief why you would openly admit to what looks like benefit fraud on a public forum.

As the thread title indicated and as I discovered I QUALIFIED for tax credits ;-) .........

No one was more surprised than me 8-) ...........

So no fraud took place, and aluding that I did is libelous :D ........

Perhaps I should hire one of those No win No fee lawyers to sue your a*se? >:-) ...........

BTW you don't need plenty of money to semi retire or retire......you just need enough B-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-08-02 10:16 AM

As the thread title indicated and as I discovered I QUALIFIED for tax credits ;-) .........

No one was more surprised than me 8-) ...........

So no fraud took place, and aluding that I did is libelous :D ........

Perhaps I should hire one of those No win No fee lawyers to sue your a*se? >:-) ...........

BTW you don't need plenty of money to semi retire or retire......you just need enough B-) .........

I never read all three pages, just the first few but you did say ".It pays the wine bill ". So from that I assumed you did claim them. Feel free to take me to court if you like but I did say that it "looks like" it could be benefit fraud to me giving you the chance to explain. If anything I was offering you advice against publicising it on a public forum. So did you or didnt you?

StuartO - 2020-08-01 6:34 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-01 4:33 PM ..... I expect people, without exception, to do, to the best of their ability, what is sensible, right and legal. I also expect people to know, irrespective of ethnicity, colour, social status or background, what is sensible, right and legal. ..... So, where the immigrant "communities" of the old cotton towns have not observed the government's instructions to maintain social distancing in all its forms, as well as hand washing and mask wearing as directed, I expect the relevant authorities to direct, and if necessary compel them, firmly and respectfully, to comply. I do not accept any special pleadings that they should be excused on cultural or religious grounds. It is for the good of everyone, and not for any one section of the population, that the rules have been made.

Well good luck with that then, my old dreamer. The police have been turning a blind eye for far too long (for fear of beeing called racist) and the asian community has got so big and so set in its own ways, sometimes shamelessly criminal ways, that there is no polite and reasonable way to recover the situation - indeed I'm not sure there is any way to recover at all in a democracy like ours.

Yes, people locally have been far too slow to recognise what was happening, and to move to deal with it. We know that from multiple sources. Past crunch times have come and gone, with nothing more than hand-wringing.

But, the circumstances must also be recognised. Post-war Britain urgently needed labour. The Commonwealth had that labour. The politicians of the day facilitated entry for that labour, so the labour came.

It seems no-one thought to "induct" them into British society: they were abandoned to their own resources. The cultural differences were not adequately recognised, and were huge. Good summary here: https://tinyurl.com/y5hyv69b - in common with the link I provided in my post above.

So we have a mess that is, IMO, largely of our own making. Covid offers what looks to me an ideal opportunity to start the process of integrating the migrants, and it seems some of the immigrants are beginning to grasp that measures introduced in the interests of public health and not aimed at them because of their race, shin colour, culture, or religion, but in order to give them the same protection from Covid as everyone else.

Of course it will be difficult, and time consuming, but we have no choice but to try. It will not be the first time in British history that large numbers of foreign migrants have engendered native hostility, and it will not be the first time that the migrants have subsequently been absorbed and the hostility overcome. I have greater confidence than you apparently have that this can be done, but we first have to recognise the problem, and then will the means to overcome it.

The one thing of which I am certain, though, is that it will not be achieved by authoritarian means, as that will only serve to exacerbate. It will have to be achieved by persuasion, and through give and take. The lead has to come from local politicians, who have to persuade central government that the problem exists and that it is in everyone's interest to fix it.

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-02 1:02 PM ...... The one thing of which I am certain, though, is that it will not be achieved by authoritarian means, as that will only serve to exacerbate. It will have to be achieved by persuasion, and through give and take. The lead has to come from local politicians, who have to persuade central government that the problem exists and that it is in everyone's interest to fix it.

The asians have of course taken control of local politics in these towns and they have manipulated things to favour the asian ways (and even favoured asian services etc financially) rather than sought to encourage integration. Not to mention allowing COVID-19 to establish itself.

And yet you think that you can dictate how it should be handled from here (regardless of how the populations of these towns feel) and you even feel entitled to demand that your moral expectations be met by whooever does the handling, without troubling yourself to get elected to do so. Can't you see that this is Cloud Cuckoo Land stuff Brian?

I remember the thread topic he admitted that on. He commented about how easy it was to get money he "didn't really need" from the welfare system. What he missed was nobody is ever handed this money, they have to apply for it first so he must have applied.....but why would anyone apply to the state for a benefit they "didn't really need" unless 1) they were genuinely in need of it, or 2) on the fiddle? Here is the calculator which also explains the criteria; https://www.gov.uk/tax-credits-calculator

He's always had a tendency to boast which has been his undoing and i note on another thread yesterday, he's bragging about his brother doing his "first £100k of orders in a month". Is this the same brother he posted about receiving government money during Covid that he would use to buy a new caravan with?

StuartO - 2020-08-02 2:07 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-02 1:02 PM ...... The one thing of which I am certain, though, is that it will not be achieved by authoritarian means, as that will only serve to exacerbate. It will have to be achieved by persuasion, and through give and take. The lead has to come from local politicians, who have to persuade central government that the problem exists and that it is in everyone's interest to fix it.

The asians have of course taken control of local politics in these towns and they have manipulated things to favour the asian ways (and even favoured asian services etc financially) rather than sought to encourage integration. Not to mention allowing COVID-19 to establish itself.

And yet you think that you can dictate how it should be handled from here (regardless of how the populations of these towns feel) and you even feel entitled to demand that your moral expectations be met by whooever does the handling, without troubling yourself to get elected to do so. Can't you see that this is Cloud Cuckoo Land stuff Brian?

Well, it's either do something as I suggest, or do nothing as you promote. I'd hoped for something a little more realistic in response. But why "dictate"? Why not suggest?

You won't make the unwilling into the willing by breaking heads, only by convincing them of the benefits of changing their ways. That is just basic psychology, isn't it?

Me get elected? How would that work from 170 miles away? I assume you didn't - even when you lived there.

If the Asian migrants have taken over the town, as you say, why did the 70% of Blackburn's population who aren't Asian (according to the 2011 census) vote them in - and, having seen what they have done, why haven't they kicked them out? Is something wrong with those 70%, or is the problem greater in your fertile mind than in theirs?

And why does someone who now safely lives 170 miles south east, demand solutions from someone who lives 230 odd miles south?

Are the present Blackburnians, who outnumber the migrants 2:1, too fearful, too stupid, or too lazy, to take their town back if it bothers them that much? Are they too moaning that it's too difficult, and waiting around for someone else to ride to their rescue, or do they not see a problem? Mess, theirs, and clear it up?

The chances of anyone doing anything along the lines you are suggesting is pretty much zero, let alone anyone doing it and also accepting your ethical surveillance and veto on the process. I have already dispaired of any solution being practicable within our democractic system and, in case you are wondering, I'm not considering any non-democratic pathways either.

By the way I doubt that your 2011 census information is remotely relevant; I'm sure I heard somewhere that the asians were now in the majority in Blackburn.

StuartO - 2020-08-02 4:31 PM

The chances of anyone doing anything along the lines you are suggesting is pretty much zero, let alone anyone doing it and also accepting your ethical surveillance and veto on the process. I have already dispaired of any solution being practicable within our democractic system and, in case you are wondering, I'm not considering any non-democratic pathways either.

By the way I doubt that your 2011 census information is remotely relevant; I'm sure I heard somewhere that the asians were now in the majority in Blackburn.

The new census is next year so it's not that long to wait and more reliable than Guido Fawkes or the DM. It seems the majority are content with their councillors and MP otherwise they'd have voted them out. Typically a motley collection of far right pot stirrers have had a go at trying to get a foothold, but locals don't want them.

The fog clears a little. :-D

Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council.

49 councillors: 33 Labour, 12 Conservative, 2 Independent, 2 LD. 17 BME, 32 "white". Labour group, 50% BME + 1 Independent. <>35% BME overall.

So BME a little better represented than "white" for their numbers in the borough - but hardly a take-over.

BME comprehensively out voted (2 - 1) on any issue.

The above figures are from the council website, so unless you "heard somewhere" that they are fiddling their figures, I can't see your problem - other than it's a heavily Labour dominated council.

Run down northern industrial town with close on 20% unemployment = Labour council. Who'd have thought it?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-08-03 7:52 AM

49 councillors: 33 Labour, 12 Conservative, 2 Independent, 2 LD. 17 BME, 32 "white". Labour group, 50% BME + 1 Independent. <>35% BME overall.

So BME a little better represented than "white" for their numbers in the borough - but hardly a take-over.

The above figures are from the council website, so unless you "heard somewhere" that they are fiddling their figures, I can't see your problem - other than it's a heavily Labour dominated council.

Run down northern industrial town with close on 20% unemployment = Labour council. Who'd have thought it?

Further evidence that voting Labour is a mistake ;-) ...........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-08-02 3:17 PM

I remember the thread topic he admitted that on. He commented about how easy it was to get money he "didn't really need" from the welfare system. What he missed was nobody is ever handed this money, they have to apply for it first so he must have applied.....but why would anyone apply to the state for a benefit they "didn't really need" unless 1) they were genuinely in need of it, or 2) on the fiddle? Here is the calculator which also explains the criteria; https://www.gov.uk/tax-credits-calculator

He's always had a tendency to boast which has been his undoing and i note on another thread yesterday, he's bragging about his brother doing his "first £100k of orders in a month". Is this the same brother he posted about receiving government money during Covid that he would use to buy a new caravan with?

Correct I didn't need the money ;-) ..............

It's the government that thought I needed the money :D ......

Also correct that my brother has recieved a cheap LOAN from the government, which he has used to clear his expensive buisness loans, and invested the rest in a British built Baily caravan B-) .......

So a win win for UK businesses and a lose lose for global banks >:-) ........

Which obviously annoys the hell out of our resident Marxists :-D ........

So that's another win win in my book (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-03 7:52 AM

My information about numbers looks to be inaccurate but they may still reflect the perceptions of Blackburnians that the Asians now dominate the town. The BAME councillors will be part of the Labour group, which they will presumably pretty much dominate. One way and another Blackburn is seen as a lost cause these days.

Archived