Why are EU countries locking down AGAIN?........

Guest pelmetman

pelmetman - 2021-11-23 6:15 PM

malc d - 2021-11-23 5:50 PM

Brian Kirby - 2021-11-23 5:36 PM

pelmetman - 2021-11-23 1:26 PM

1 Seeing as the EU has far more efficent butchers than Boris :-| .........

2 The PM's of Belgium, Italy and Poland to name just a few of the 30 countries who's COVID death rate is higher than ours 8-) .........

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I can't understand why you're so jubilant about us coming in below the mid point (Sweden has that honour.) If you want to crow about success, we need to be in the upper quartile, which seems to mean somewhere between Malta and Iceland. But we're not, are we? So what's so good? :-S

I think part of our success is due to the fact that we have the NHS, we are also an island, and Boris is controlling our borders.

;-)

I think part of the reason the Squad is so annoyed is because they are losing yet another reason to bash Boris ;-) ........

Now all they've got is PeppapigGate (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

Well, I can't speak for any squad because I'm not in one, but you can only claim that " now all they've got is Peppapiggate " if you ignore all Johnsons other c*ck-ups over the last five years.

:-|

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-11-23 9:18 PM

2 The PM's of Belgium, Italy and Poland to name just a few of the 30 countries who's COVID death rate is higher than ours 8-) .........

I can't understand why you're so jubilant about us coming in below the mid point (Sweden has that honour.) If you want to crow about success, we need to be in the upper quartile, which seems to mean somewhere between Malta and Iceland. But we're not, are we? So what's so good? :-S

I think part of our success is due to the fact that we have the NHS, we are also an island, and Boris is controlling our borders.

;-)

I think part of the reason the Squad is so annoyed is because they are losing yet another reason to bash Boris ;-) ........

Well, I can't speak for any squad because I'm not in one, but you can only claim that " now all they've got is Peppapiggate " if you ignore all Johnsons other c*ck-ups over the last five years.

His c*ckups are pailing into insignifigance compared to the EU's 8-) .........

BTW.........He's only been PM since 2019 ;-) .........

But hey dont let mere details get in the way of your hating Malc *-) ........

pelmetman - 2021-11-23 9:26 PM

;-)

He didn't start being a clown in 2019 Dave - you obviously haven't read about his career.

By the way, I don't " hate " him - why would I.

I just don't like his complete disdain for the electorate, and just don't respect him as our "leader ".

I'm sure he would be a laugh down at the pub - as long as he didn't behave like his old chums in the Bullingdon Club -

I'd prefer a leader who had some interest in the welfare of the U.K. - and not just in his own self interest.

;-)

p.s. Best not to throw the word ' hate ' about too loosely Dave - makes you sound like a troll.

;-)

malc d - 2021-11-23 10:20 PM

;-)

p.s. Best not to throw the word ' hate ' about too loosely Dave - makes you sound like a troll.

;-)

Thats because he is; https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=forum%20troll

Bulletguy - 2021-11-23 10:49 PM

;-)

;-)

Thats because he is; https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=forum%20troll

Yes but not a very good one. (lol) Its like shooting fish in a barrel.

Guest pelmetman

;-)

He didn't start being a clown in 2019 Dave - you obviously haven't read about his career.

By the way, I don't " hate " him - why would I.

I just don't like his complete disdain for the electorate, and just don't respect him as our "leader ".

I'm sure he would be a laugh down at the pub - as long as he didn't behave like his old chums in the Bullingdon Club -

I'd prefer a leader who had some interest in the welfare of the U.K. - and not just in his own self interest.

;-)

;-)

"I just don't like his complete disdain for the electorate, and just don't respect him as our "leader "."

What you mean is you have complete disdain for those who elected him and dont respect their vote *-) ..........

p.s.......Do you think I should be bothered what the LOSER brigade think......seeing as they have no respect for Democracy? :-| ..........

pelmetman - 2021-11-24 8:42 AM

p.s.......Do you think I should be bothered what the LOSER brigade think......seeing as they have no respect for Democracy? :-| ..........

Good to hear that you now wish to respect democracy. I trust that you now concede that Johnson was acting illegally when he prorogued Parliament?

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-24 9:14 AM

Good to hear that you now wish to respect democracy. I trust that you now concede that Johnson was acting illegally when he prorogued Parliament?

How can someone talk about respecting democracy while supporting someone like Johnson and the ToryKippers beggars belief! The rot set in as soon as he threw his cap in the ring for team Brexit which of course we all know was found to have driven a coach and horses through our democracy with its lies and illegal campaign. Lied to our queen and since then his government has stripped individuals of even more freedoms, attacked the judiciary and rule of law, screwed up trade and put in more barriers for trade and given themselves more and more powers. Now you can get thrown in Jail if you protest about something they find "Annoying".

Johnson claims we are a "Freedom loving country" but he has taken away more of our freedom than any leader in living memory.

Yet Pelmet has the audacity to talk about respecting democracy! (lol)

I respect everyones' right to vote - but I don't have to respect who they vote for.

From your daily postings you seem to be EXTREMELY bothered by what your " LOSER brigade " think -

Our democracy is no where near perfect, so many people are not satisfied with it.

It was reported, a few years ago in a General Election, that UKIP got four million votes - and not one seat in parliament.

How democratic is that ?

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-11-24 9:47 AM

I respect everyones' right to vote - but I don't have to respect who they vote for.

From your daily postings you seem to be EXTREMELY bothered by what your " LOSER brigade " think -

Our democracy is no where near perfect, so many people are not satisfied with it.

It was reported, a few years ago in a General Election, that UKIP got four million votes - and not one seat in parliament.

How democratic is that ?

Its a damn sight more democratic than a PR system where all we end up with is fudge system and nothing ever actually gets done *-) ...........

The EU is a perfect example of a c*ap PR democracy in action >:-) .............

Their parliament is a toothless talking shop that can only rubber stamp the Fourth Reichs choice of their leader (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

BTW .......You had the chance to change our system a few years ago.......but the Great British public didn't want PR, so thats another of the electorates choices you refuse to accept *-) ..........

Just how democratic are YOU Comrade? >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-11-24 10:34 AM

How democratic is that ?

Its a damn sight more democratic than a PR system where all we end up with is fudge system and nothing ever actually gets done *-) ...........

Their parliament is a toothless talking shop that can only rubber stamp the Fourth Reichs choice of their leader (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

BTW .......You had the chance to change our system a few years ago.......but the Great British public didn't want PR, so thats another of the electorates choices you refuse to accept *-) ..........

There are several different methods of PR. The option we were ' offered ' was unacceptable to the majority of voters.

( I seem to remember voting against it myself ).

Can you tell me which of the electorates choices you claim that" I have not accepted " ?

p.s. The EU is not a country.

Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Holland , Switzerland all use PR. Can you explain why you think their governments are " crap " ?

pelmetman - 2021-11-24 8:42 AM........................................

1 What you mean is you have complete disdain for those who elected him and dont respect their vote *-) ..........

2 p.s.......Do you think I should be bothered what the LOSER brigade think......seeing as they have no respect for Democracy? :-| ..........

1 I think Malc has a far better understanding of what he means than you ever could. I know what Malc means, and it has nothing to do with distain for the 37% of the electorate who voted for Johnson: it has all to do with Johnson and his deeply flawed character.

2 Yes, because you keep bobbing up and expressing your objections to the LOSER brigade's opinions on the lead WINNER. Simples! (lol) (lol)

Brian Kirby - 2021-11-22 4:39 PM

pelmetman - 2021-11-22 1:02 PM

Brian Kirby - 2021-11-22 12:12 PM

pelmetman - 2021-11-22 10:42 AM

Oh dear oh dear *-) ..........

The squad clearly hate the thought that Boris and Brexit Blighty might be handling the Pandemic better than their EU heros :-| ........

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/covid-news-uk-europe-cases-infection-christmas_uk_619b57b3e4b07fe2010de26f?yptr=yahoo

What sad misrable LOSERS they are (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Depends on what you read, and how you read it, doesn't it? This is from the transcript of Scully's Talk Radio interview, as in Dave's link.

"We will always work on the latest data, but we want to make sure – we don’t see anything yet that suggests we’re going anywhere near plan B."

So, you and a friend are standing on a railway line, and someone shouts that a train is coming. Your friends steps off the track, but you stay where you are, saying "I want to be sure". The train comes, and your dying words are "Now I'm sure"! That is the difference.

Who would you rather be, your living friend, or your dead self? The one takes note of a warning of a fatal event, and acts, the other awaits proof positive. It is called the pile of bodies syndrome.

His boss subscribes to the same philosophy, see the favourite organ of the Tory faithful, here: https://tinyurl.com/5bwhujcm

Whatever advice is given, from whatever reliable and respected source, if it conflicts with their instincts it is pushed aside in favour of inaction, on the basis that it may never happen so is not worth spending time and money averting. Until, of course, it happens - when it is a) recognised too late to avert, and b) more expensive emergency measures are required - which then take time to implement while the disaster rolls on, leading to even worse outcomes, hostile public opinion, panic, further emergency measures, yet more, even more expensive, emergency measures, and so on and on.

Eventually, having spent a King's ransom on only partially effective panic measures the tide turns and a resounding victory is declared, with the victors standing on the pile of bodies their earlier inaction caused. The classic defence then is that no-one can actually prove that the actions they might have taken would have significantly altered the outcome, so wait and see was the prudent stance.

It is government by hubris and cognitive dissonance. It is not new. Boris, the classicist, should know all about it: the historic precedents are numerous.

This is a government for the good times, that would in ay case have left an expensive legacy for its successor to put right, that has found itself governing in the bad times - with which it is emotionally unable to cope, and so remains standing on the railway line waiting to see what others can already see.

Of course, we shall all pay the eventual price for that - when I suspect that many of the Tory bourgeoisie will deny their role in bringing it about.

So you'll ignore the EU bourgeoisie, like Macron the Moron and Co slagging off AZ and in doing so adding fuel to the EU's antvaxxer idiots fire? *-) .........

Obviously those blinkers EU LOSERS wear are very selective in what they allow you to see (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Dave, you'll have to help me out here. Where, in what I wrote above, do I lead you to that conclusion? The whole thing is about the governments response to foreseeable risk, their reluctance to act on it, and the implications for the rest of us of that.

What on earth does any of that have to do with "the EU bourgeoisie", with what Macron or others said about Astra Zenica, or with anti-vaxers? The connections aren't even implicit. Or were you replying to someone else and got your posts muddled.

Bump. Dave??

malc d - 2021-11-24 10:57 AM

How democratic is that ?

The EU is not a country.

Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Holland , Switzerland all use PR. Can you explain why you think their governments are " crap " ?

Oooh.......now this will be interesting to see what he comes up with!! (lol)(lol)

He's currently searching his encyclopedia of dodges and deflections!!! (lol)(lol)

Bulletguy - 2021-11-24 4:13 PM

How democratic is that ?

The EU is not a country.

Oooh.......now this will be interesting to see what he comes up with!! (lol)(lol)

He's currently searching his encyclopedia of dodges and deflections!!! (lol)(lol)

I suspect it will involve a kiddie cartoon and a SHOUTY INSULT :-S

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-11-24 12:21 PM

The squad clearly hate the thought that Boris and Brexit Blighty might be handling the Pandemic better than their EU heros :-| ........

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/covid-news-uk-europe-cases-infection-christmas_uk_619b57b3e4b07fe2010de26f?yptr=yahoo

Depends on what you read, and how you read it, doesn't it? This is from the transcript of Scully's Talk Radio interview, as in Dave's link.

"We will always work on the latest data, but we want to make sure – we don’t see anything yet that suggests we’re going anywhere near plan B."

So, you and a friend are standing on a railway line, and someone shouts that a train is coming. Your friends steps off the track, but you stay where you are, saying "I want to be sure". The train comes, and your dying words are "Now I'm sure"! That is the difference.

Who would you rather be, your living friend, or your dead self? The one takes note of a warning of a fatal event, and acts, the other awaits proof positive. It is called the pile of bodies syndrome.

His boss subscribes to the same philosophy, see the favourite organ of the Tory faithful, here: https://tinyurl.com/5bwhujcm

Whatever advice is given, from whatever reliable and respected source, if it conflicts with their instincts it is pushed aside in favour of inaction, on the basis that it may never happen so is not worth spending time and money averting. Until, of course, it happens - when it is a) recognised too late to avert, and b) more expensive emergency measures are required - which then take time to implement while the disaster rolls on, leading to even worse outcomes, hostile public opinion, panic, further emergency measures, yet more, even more expensive, emergency measures, and so on and on.

Eventually, having spent a King's ransom on only partially effective panic measures the tide turns and a resounding victory is declared, with the victors standing on the pile of bodies their earlier inaction caused. The classic defence then is that no-one can actually prove that the actions they might have taken would have significantly altered the outcome, so wait and see was the prudent stance.

It is government by hubris and cognitive dissonance. It is not new. Boris, the classicist, should know all about it: the historic precedents are numerous.

This is a government for the good times, that would in ay case have left an expensive legacy for its successor to put right, that has found itself governing in the bad times - with which it is emotionally unable to cope, and so remains standing on the railway line waiting to see what others can already see.

Of course, we shall all pay the eventual price for that - when I suspect that many of the Tory bourgeoisie will deny their role in bringing it about.

So you'll ignore the EU bourgeoisie, like Macron the Moron and Co slagging off AZ and in doing so adding fuel to the EU's antvaxxer idiots fire? *-) .........

Obviously those blinkers EU LOSERS wear are very selective in what they allow you to see (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Dave, you'll have to help me out here. Where, in what I wrote above, do I lead you to that conclusion? The whole thing is about the governments response to foreseeable risk, their reluctance to act on it, and the implications for the rest of us of that.

What on earth does any of that have to do with "the EU bourgeoisie", with what Macron or others said about Astra Zenica, or with anti-vaxers? The connections aren't even implicit. Or were you replying to someone else and got your posts muddled.

Bump. Dave??

Nope.......I just ignore your anti Boris Blah blah blah *-) ............

Just as you ignore the FACT that Boris has managed after early mistakes to get the UK in a better position than the EU to cope with this winters COVID surge ;-) ..........

Remember when the Squad slagged off Boris for ignoring the science over the 30 day double jab criteria (?) ............

"Scientists also believe Britain's longer dosage gap between vaccines — 12 weeks compared to three weeks on the continent — has afforded Brits longer lasting immunity from jabs."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10237945/England-suffer-35-000-Covid-hospitalisations-caught-virus-study-suggests.html

pelmetman - 2021-11-24 7:17 PM

Bump. Dave??

Just as you ignore the FACT that Boris has managed after early mistakes to get the UK in a better position than the EU to cope with this winters COVID surge ;-) ..........

Remember when the Squad slagged off Boris for ignoring the science over the 30 day double jab criteria (?) ............

"Scientists also believe Britain's longer dosage gap between vaccines — 12 weeks compared to three weeks on the continent — has afforded Brits longer lasting immunity from jabs."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10237945/England-suffer-35-000-Covid-hospitalisations-caught-virus-study-suggests.html

You should try reading the actual report rather than the Daily Wail interpretation

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.11.10.21266166v1.full.pdf

"These estimates represent a upper bound on the short-term burden that could theoretically occur from a complete lifting of non-pharmaceutical interventions and return to pre-pandemic contact levels" And if you can understand that you'll realise that the rest of the piece is just some interesting modeling.

How democratic is that ?

The EU is not a country.

He couldn't find an excuse to your question in his book of bluster........so he's gone to silent mode in the hope you'll forget about it. ;-)

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-24 10:09 PM

pelmetman - 2021-11-24 7:17 PM

Bump. Dave??

You should try reading the actual report rather than the Daily Wail interpretation

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.11.10.21266166v1.full.pdf

"These estimates represent a upper bound on the short-term burden that could theoretically occur from a complete lifting of non-pharmaceutical interventions and return to pre-pandemic contact levels" And if you can understand that you'll realise that the rest of the piece is just some interesting modeling.

ie edgermercated guessing ;-) ............

It'll be interesting to see if the EU's double jab in 3 weeks is actually proven to be a blunder when compared to Boris's double jab in 3 months? :-| .........

The evidence so far seems to point that Boris made the right call B-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-11-25 8:30 AM

"These estimates represent a upper bound on the short-term burden that could theoretically occur from a complete lifting of non-pharmaceutical interventions and return to pre-pandemic contact levels" AND IF YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THAT you'll realise that the rest of the piece is just some interesting modeling.

So that's a "no" then?

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-25 8:43 AM

pelmetman - 2021-11-25 8:30 AM

"These estimates represent a upper bound on the short-term burden that could theoretically occur from a complete lifting of non-pharmaceutical interventions and return to pre-pandemic contact levels" AND IF YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THAT you'll realise that the rest of the piece is just some interesting modeling.

So that's a "no" then?

So that's a "yes" that Boris has out guessed the edgermercated guessers B-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-11-24 7:17 PM..............................................

1 Nope.......I just ignore your anti Boris Blah blah blah *-) ............

2 Just as you ignore the FACT that Boris has managed after early mistakes to get the UK in a better position than the EU to cope with this winters COVID surge ;-) ..........

3 Remember when the Squad slagged off Boris for ignoring the science over the 30 day double jab criteria (?) ............

4 https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10237945/England-suffer-35-000-Covid-hospitalisations-caught-virus-study-suggests.html

1 But you don't, do you? You rush back to reply! So you've even got that wrong! (lol) (lol)

2 That is a contention, not a fact, and it is wrong. Here's a few facts, from your favourite Covid data comparisons website. Despite numerous corrections, you keep mistaking the EU for a country. The EU doesn't do healthcare. The member states do. They are the countries, and just over half have better Covid death rates than the UK.

In the case of deaths from Covid per 1M population, the UK now ranks 19th out of the 47 countries within geographical Europe. The 28 countries doing better than the UK are: Ukraine, Spain, Russia, France, Portugal, Greece, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Sweden, Luxembourg; Austria, Estonia, Switzerland, Serbia, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands' Albania, Malta, Monaco, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Belarus, Denmark, Faeroe Islands, Finland, Norway, and Iceland.

You'll have to explain how that record equates to the UK doing better than the EU 27. :-D

The 12 EU states doing worse that the UK are Bulgaria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Romania, Croatia, Slovakia, Lithuania, Slovenia, Belgium, Italy, Latvia and Poland. Were the UK still in the EU it would rank 13th, so less than half way up the rankings. In other words, more or less average. Is that your definition of better than? (lol) (lol) (lol)

3 No, I don't, and I didn't.

4 More unicorns!! :-D That is a highly contentious, yet to be peer reviewed, speculative report. It is predicated on everyone in England getting Covid at the same time. You can explain how that is to be arranged - as they haven't! (lol) (lol) (lol)

I'm now beginning to understand your definition of "loser" and "winner". It's totally unique, isn't it? (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Brian Kirby - 2021-11-25 3:58 PM

pelmetman - 2021-11-24 7:17 PM..............................................

1 Nope.......I just ignore your anti Boris Blah blah blah *-) ............

2 Just as you ignore the FACT that Boris has managed after early mistakes to get the UK in a better position than the EU to cope with this winters COVID surge ;-) ..........

3 Remember when the Squad slagged off Boris for ignoring the science over the 30 day double jab criteria (?) ............

4 https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10237945/England-suffer-35-000-Covid-hospitalisations-caught-virus-study-suggests.html

2 That is a contention, not a fact, and it is wrong. Here's a few facts, from your favourite Covid data comparisons website. Despite numerous corrections, you keep mistaking the EU for a country. The EU doesn't do healthcare. The member states do. They are the countries, and just over half have better Covid death rates than the UK.

In the case of deaths from Covid per 1M population, the UK now ranks 19th out of the 47 countries within geographical Europe. The 28 countries doing better than the UK are: Ukraine, Spain, Russia, France, Portugal, Greece, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Sweden, Luxembourg; Austria, Estonia, Switzerland, Serbia, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands' Albania, Malta, Monaco, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Belarus, Denmark, Faeroe Islands, Finland, Norway, and Iceland.

You'll have to explain how that record equates to the UK doing better than the EU 27. :-D

Good luck with getting a sensible answer as he totally ignored a very simple question Malc put to him yesterday. This will completely confound him!

How democratic is that ?

The EU is not a country.

I think Dave has gone quiet on this because:

A) He doesn't believe that the EU is not a country.

B) He didn't realise that Norway, Sweden , Denmark, Holland and Switzerland all have their own governments.

C ) He can't remember why he said all their governments are " CR*P "

I will now stand by for a bit of name calling, or maybe one of his hilarious cartoons.

(lol)

Archived