Why are EU countries locking down AGAIN?........

Guest pelmetman

colin - 2022-01-22 9:49 PM

pelmetman - 2021-11-22 10:42 AM

Oh dear oh dear *-) ..........

The squad clearly hate the thought that Boris and Brexit Blighty might be handling the Pandemic better than their EU heros :-| .........

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/covid-news-uk-europe-cases-infection-christmas_uk_619b57b3e4b07fe2010de26f?yptr=yahoo

What sad misrable LOSERS they are (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Today was another milestone, we passed 5000 covid deaths this year.

Meanwhile Germany only just passed 4500 covid deaths, and France just passed 4000 covid deaths.

Why aren't we doing better than them? Could it be we have Boris 'the butcher' Kemal in number 10 who would sacrifice the brave citizens of this fine country just to please the right wing of his party and keep himself in power?

But but but that cant be right! Dave keeps telling us we are doing so much better than Europe and especially Germany and they have a much larger population! Probably Jeremy Corbyns fault.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why are EU countries having more restrictions than us?

Because they are not abandoning restrictions to detract from their Prime Minister breaking the rules, and his police force looking the other way, whilst heavily fining the plebs for doing the same as the Prime Minister.

Think about it

We have the police force ignoring the wrongdoings of those at the top

The press in his pocket ignoring that and waging a smear campaign on those who bring it to our attention

This is a very, very dangerous road to be sliding down >:-)

Because once we have slid down that road we will never be able to get back up

thebishbus - 2022-01-23 7:52 AM

Colin. Perhaps it is because it is now coming to light that our real number of Covid deaths are over stated ?

Brian B.

If it was, why would they keep it from us?

Johnson is looking for any excuse to relax the rules to draw attention away from his breaking of them.

A miscount of the deaths would be ideal because he could blame it on someone else.

Is that what has given you idea there was one?

Colin. Perhaps it is because it is now coming to light that our real number of Covid deaths are over stated ?

Brian B.

I note that the BBC now state that the daily figures might include those who had covid but died for other reasons, but that applies to France and Germany as well, as they have similar levels of vaccinations.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-23 9:41 AM

Johnson’s pandemic strategies:

1st - “Herd Immunity”.

Result = New variant.

2nd - Vaccines + mass infection

Result = New variant.

3rd (now) - Pretend Covid doesn’t exist

Result = …..

4th - Thank Christ we're not France with 400k infections a day......and a President who slagged off AZ 8-) Result =...........Will become apparent in a few weeks :-| ........

https://covid19.who.int/region/euro/country/fr

Brian B.

Haven't come across that anywhere.

Can you tell us the source of your info ?

:-|

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2022-01-23 10:15 AM

Brian B.

Why?........You wont believe it anyway *-) .........

pelmetman - 2022-01-23 9:52 AM

CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-23 9:41 AM

Johnson’s pandemic strategies:

1st - “Herd Immunity”.

Result = New variant.

2nd - Vaccines + mass infection

Result = New variant.

3rd (now) - Pretend Covid doesn’t exist

Result = …..

4th - Thank Christ we're not France with 400k infections a day......and a President who slagged off AZ 8-) Result =...........Will become apparent in a few weeks :-| ........

https://covid19.who.int/region/euro/country/fr

From your own link we are still (currently) ahead of France in infections and considerably ahead in the number of deaths. According to your link we are 4th in the world in the number of infections only beaten by mammoth nations like India, the US and Brazil and 7th in the world in the total number of deaths.

Not quite world beating but not far off. For an island nation who had a head start that is disgraceful, the irony being that the public are frothing at the mouth for Johnson to resign over illegal booze ups not the corruption and appalling handling of the pandemic.

Brian B.

Some bloke in Weymouth told him. ;-)

Bulletguy - 2022-01-23 3:08 PM

Brian B.

I've done a bit of surfing on the net today and can find no reports of the number of deaths being overstated.

If it IS true then I would like to know why the mainstream media are not reporting it.

I did find one site which said the death RATE of Covid victims may be overstated - because it's believed that a lot of people may have it mildly ( and don't die ) and don't report to anyone - they are therefore left out of calculations and reporting.

Barryd999 - 2022-01-23 11:24 AM

the irony being that the public are frothing at the mouth for Johnson to resign over illegal booze ups not the corruption and appalling handling of the pandemic.

Its not the partying itself that worries me.

Its the fact they knew the police would turn a blind eye to the ruling classes,

whilst heavily fining the plebs for doing the same - or less

Like the police won't tell us where Prince Andrew was ......

or who he was with - they must know.

We are sliding down a very dangerous road here,

that we may not be able to get back up from

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2022-01-23 4:09 PM

Brian B.

I've done a bit of surfing on the net today and can find no reports of the number of deaths being overstated.

If it IS true then I would like to know why the mainstream media are not reporting it.

I did find one site which said the death RATE of Covid victims may be overstated - because it's believed that a lot of people may have it mildly ( and don't die ) and don't report to anyone - they are therefore left out of calculations and reporting.

Try surfing without the blinkers *-) .........

"High Covid death rates skewed by people who died from other causes, admits Sajid Javid"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/01/19/high-covid-death-rates-include-people-did-not-die-virus-admits/

pelmetman - 2022-01-23 9:01 PM

Brian B.

"High Covid death rates skewed by people who died from other causes, admits Sajid Javid"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/01/19/high-covid-death-rates-include-people-did-not-die-virus-admits/

This of course will be trustworthy. From the Torygraph and Health Minister.

Its behind a paywall so can you copy and paste the content please?

Barryd999 - 2022-01-23 9:14 PM

Brian B.

Pelmet won't have access to the Torygraph......too much reading and no cartoons for him. :-|

Daily reported Covid death figures are too high because people are dying from conditions unrelated to the virus after testing positive, Sajid Javid has admitted.

On Wednesday, there were 359 deaths reported in Britain, but the Health Secretary said that “many” people were being included in the count who “would not have necessarily died of Covid”.

His comments came after death data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show a large discrepancy in weekly death registrations compared to the figures released on the Government dashboard.

For the week ending Jan 7, the UK Health Security Agency reported 1,282 deaths of people who had died within 28 days of testing positive for coronavirus.

However, ONS data show there were just 992 death registrations with Covid mentioned on the death certificate in that week.

For deaths where Covid was the primary cause, the difference is even starker, with just 712 registrations, meaning that 44 per cent of the Government’s daily reported figures in that week may not be true Covid deaths.

At a Downing Street press conference on Wednesday, Mr Javid warned that the daily figures are no longer reliable because of the surge in omicron infections.

“We estimate that around 40 per cent of the people with Covid in hospital are there not because they’ve got Covid, but they happen to have Covid, so it’s what you might call an incidental infection,” he said.

“That’s almost double the percentage that we saw with delta, and that’s important because the deaths that are being reported of people who were Covid-positive within 28 days of passing away, many of those people would not have necessarily died of Covid.”

Before omicron hit, the number of deaths reported by the ONS was consistently higher than the Government dashboard data because their figures include people who have died at hospital and in care homes.

However, the trend has since changed, with dashboard figures way higher than those published by the ONS.

The ONS has warned that the new year bank holiday will have pushed some deaths, which would usually be registered in the first week of January, into the second week.

However Susan Hopkins, the chief medical adviser at the UK Health Security Agency, confirmed that people were being swept up in the daily death figures who would not be classed as true Covid deaths.

“Deaths within 28 days, we regard as a leading indicator and we monitor this very carefully. But it doesn’t take into account people who have died with Covid,” she said.

“Given the very large number of cases that we’ve diagnosed in the last number of weeks, we will sadly see some people, particularly the very elderly, who die within 28 days of a case of Covid.”

In December, experts predicted that such a steep rise in omicron cases would lead to skewed death figures because a certain number of people testing positive would be expected to die naturally anyway.

The January death rate is about 0.09 per cent, according to the ONS. So on a day of 244,000 infections as we saw at the peak, we may expect 219 of those people to die naturally over the next month, yet currently all would end up in the Covid data.

Most of these natural deaths will occur in hospitals or care homes where patients and residents are being regularly tested, and where there have often been outbreaks of omicron.

Latest figures for England show that 44 per cent of all Covid patients currently in hospital were admitted for reasons other than the virus, and are “incidental” cases.

However, people may also now be included in the death figures who cleared the virus weeks before their death.

Dr Raghib Ali, a consultant in acute medicine at Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust, warned last week that the death data was likely to be inaccurate because of the high omicron case numbers. On Wednesday, he said that the discrepancy was starting to become apparent in the data.

(There are two graphs in the article......I will have to post those separately due to OAL's antiquated forum software which won't allow me to paste them here)

As I posted earlier the daily covid death figures may well be problematical due to the sheer numbers who have covid, but with reference to the quoted post, this effects other countries just the same, so we are still seeing Germany and France having lower deaths than the UK.

As Dave said in a earlier post, Boris allowed Delta to kill people last year in the mistaken belief it would be better than allowing it to get a hold in winter, trouble was Omicron came along, Delta has virtually gone away, so all those lives where sacrificed for nought.

Brian B.

Dave - When you don't understand someone elses' posting, it's best not to respond to it.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2022-01-23 9:14 PM

Brian B.

No need........here it is straight from the ONS ;-) ..........

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathssolelyfromcovid19ratherthandeathswithin28daysofapositivetest

Which proves that I was RIGHT all along that the death figure you like to bash Boris with also include those who didn't die from COVID :-| .........

Which of course PROVES JUST HOW UNTRUSTWORTHY YOU ARE >:-) ...........

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2022-01-24 7:56 AM

Brian B.

Dave - When you don't understand someone elses' posting, it's best not to respond to it.

Can you understand this? :-| .........

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathssolelyfromcovid19ratherthandeathswithin28daysofapositivetest

Or does the "d" stand for Dim? *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2022-01-24 9:38 AM

malc d - 2022-01-24 7:56 AM

Brian B.

Can you understand this? :-| .........

It's a different subject - so why should I bother to read it ?

Sure can Dave.

There are two columns of data.

One for those who died up to March 2021 "involving COVID-19".." referring to deaths that had that illness mentioned anywhere on the death certificate, whether as an underlying cause or not".

The other for those who died up to the same date "due to COVID-19"..."referring only to deaths where that illness was recorded as the underlying cause of death".

The first totals 7107, the second 6894, a difference of just 3.04264%. The reasons for the differences are clearly explained.

Sorry, but I've now forgotten your point! (lol) (lol) (lol)

Brian Kirby - 2022-01-24 11:55 AM

Sorry, but I've now forgotten your point! (lol) (lol) (lol)

He didn't have a point Brian.

He was just confirming that he didn't understand what my posting was about.

( No change there then ! )

:-D

Archived