Is anyone else getting a annoying pop up from AP?

Barry Lineker

1 hour ago, Derek Uzzell said:

It may always have been the case that the video only appears on the forum homepage, but it's still distracting.

It definitely ain't right and it's bound to be off-putting for anyone joining the O&AL forum who isn't running advert blocking software.

Initially I was getting the video on every page.

It seems to have gone.  It was annoying while it lasted.  Loaded with the home page, and followed one's browsing from page to page.  I'm running Edge on Win 10, and have Norton 360 but no additional ad-blocker.  Have just signed in and noticed no pop-up (can one notice nothing??).  So, well done someone, and thanks!  🙂 

Using a Chrome/Adblock combination I get no 'pop-up' video or adverts anywhere on the O&AL forums.

With Adblock off, on the forum homepage I get a large banner advert at the top and bottom of the page and a smaller advert between the "Caravans" and "Tent Camping" sections, plus a video towards the top of the page that 'floats' down and to the right if I scroll  downwards. If I then go into ANY of the forums, only the top-and-bottom large banner adverts display.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived