No Smoking

howie

Donna,

some people are so up their own A****se that they can not see the light for the trees ....fair point I wonder how many will say oh I'd better give that up I wonder how many would like to feel the leper then ?

Shoe on the other foot springs to mind :D Me just chilling having a FAG !

Puff puff ;-)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
donna miller - 2007-06-12 4:29 PM

God help us when the eco soldiers start campaigning to ban diesel engines then.

How many on here will say "well yes my motorhome is ruining the enjoyment and health of all the pedestrians who have to breathe in my exhaust smoke" so I'd better stop using it .

Hello Donna,

Start Campaigning? Thought they already had, headed by that nice fellow Ken Livingstone and his wonderful Congestion Charge. Not just diesels though. Perhaps Frank isn't such a bad chap after all. (lol) (lol) (lol)

Regards,

Mike.

Yes, I do smoke. I do enjoy a peaceful pipefull while I'm in the pub or, in the room at home that I use as an office. I can agree completely with those who wish to be in a smoke free environment. Ergo, I will obey the law and on the 1st July I will comply willingly. If I want to light up, I will go outside. No problem at all. What comes next though? When the smokers have been extricated from public places, who will be picked on then? The drinker perhaps? Will the next move from our over PC government be to ban drinking? They're already trying to stop us using motor vehicles by higher taxation on fuel and vehicle licensing. They're already making us put certain types of rubbish into certain types of bins. It seems to me that the movement towards making our country, or even planet 'greener' will only lead to a total erosion of any sort of freedom. Saying what you think in public is now censored. In the workplace, any form of disagreement with colleagues can lead to disciplinary action. So, where is the freedom that we all think we have? The words wedges, thin and end of spring to mind. Let's just roll over now and accept what's being thrown at us.

Vic - 2007-06-12 11:43 PM Let's just roll over now and accept what's being thrown at us.

No, let's never, ever, do that!  Instead, let's just recognise that our freedoms all depend upon us using them reasonably and wisely. 

That means, I think, not exercising our individual freedom to deliberately disadvantage, disturb, or dismay others.  If we do that sensibly, we shall retain our cherished freedoms, and be able to defend them against any who want to diminish them, and we shall retain the priceless freedom to be outrageous and even occasionally to give offence.

Hi Michele

fellow smoker here, Colleen, enjoying all the banter re smoking. we really are getting a hard time. when we bought our motorhome, the salesman noticed that both my husband and I smoked and he said to us - by the way, a bit of advice, dont smoke in your new motorhome because it will affect the trade in price. I thought he was joking (as he was a smoker himself) but he said we could lose as much as £3,000 on the trade in if it reeked of tobacco. that being said, on chilly nights, we have the odd sneaky cig with the windows opened.

PS>. please can you tell me what LOL stands for?. I am a member of another forum and it is quite widely used, but i never did figure out what it means.

Mel B - 2007-06-12 2:56 PM I see you are being as "self righteous" as ever then Frank, wouldn't have it any other way. ;-) And as for winding you up ... not intentional, try having a ciggy .. it'll calm your nerves I understand. (lol)

That's asking a heck of a lot of a few ciggys, I don't know any brand that would calm Frank down, probably a couple of litres of Glenmorangie would stand some chance. But, at the end of the day, do we want a "calm" Frank? I don't think so.

Guest peter
donna miller - 2007-06-12 4:29 PM

God help us when the eco soldiers start campaigning to ban diesel engines then.

How many on here will say "well yes my motorhome is ruining the enjoyment and health of all the pedestrians who have to breathe in my exhaust smoke" so I'd better stop using it .

My thoughts exactly. Well said Donna, and what about all the people living beneath Heathrows take off path then. Why should they be subjected to all the soot exhausted by a 747 on take off, just because some thoughtless people want to go and lie in the sun. so it goes on ad infinitum. Where does one draw the line as far as considering other peoples health?

Guest peter
Mel B - 2007-06-12 2:56 PM

I see you are being as "self righteous" as ever then Frank, wouldn't have it any other way. ;-)

And as for winding you up ... not intentional, try having a ciggy .. it'll calm your nerves I understand. (lol)

Not self rightous Toots. Just standing up for individual rights that are rapidly being erroded by the Nanny State of Tony B.liar. >:-)

Guest peter
dethleff - 2007-06-21 6:19 PM

Just had a bit of luck, found three packets of Old Holborn behind a cupboard.

Great..........Just put a lettuce leaf in with thr Baccy and it will be smokable in no time. What a piece of luck eh. :D

Guest peter
Dancer - 2007-06-21 10:40 PM

Health & safety point here.

Smoking makes you go brown and wrinkled.

Ladies, it starts around the nipples.

Never seen a smoking nipple yet. But have smoked a few myself. :D (lol)

on july 1 I will stop drinking because only place I drink is pub will not stop me smoking.

And for damaging in your health here are some statistics from my family

mother died 40 smoker death not related to smoking

father died 45 non smoker death not related to smoking

grandfather1 died 76 pipe smoker death not related to smoking

grandfather2 67 smoker poss related to smoking stroke

grandmother1 95 non smoker not related smoking

grandmother2 91 non smoker not related smoking

grandmother 1&2 were in a smoking enviroment all their married lives

and possibly before

rwhites1 - 2007-06-22 1:15 AM on july 1 I will stop drinking because only place I drink is pub will not stop me smoking. And for damaging in your health here are some statistics from my family mother died 40 smoker death not related to smoking father died 45 non smoker death not related to smoking grandfather1 died 76 pipe smoker death not related to smoking grandfather2 67 smoker poss related to smoking stroke grandmother1 95 non smoker not related smoking grandmother2 91 non smoker not related smoking grandmother 1&2 were in a smoking enviroment all their married lives and possibly before

A man fell from the top of the Empire State Building. 

As he passed each floor he was heard to say "So far so good".

when i was having phisio after a rta, the subject come up for whatether reason, and i was told that most smokers don't die from smoking.

the lucky ones lose a leg due to bad circulation, the not so lucky spend the last years of their lives dependant on oxgen cyilinders.

also if you need an operation, the anastethic is a lot more dangerous.

(excuse the spelling)

pete

Putting aside the revenue raised can anybody really justify why such a well regognised killer is still offered for sale to the public. Think of all the health and safety regulations introduced the last few years such as rear seat belts and hard hats at all times and you are left with only one conclusion. Profit driven hypocrosy pure and simple.

Ah yes but with such a large proportion of the populace addicted to the dreaded weed would you like to be the Prime Minister who made it illegal overnight? It would make for a very unpopular government equally as quick and wouldn't actually stop the smokers, they'd go "underground" just like the drug dealers. Besides which smoking is not just confined to this country its a world wide habit. How would you cope with foreign visitors lighting up a ciggy in the high street?

D.

Archived