Peugeot Boxer 2017 Horn Not Working

MarkEdwards

Hi All, I need some advice please from you clever people!

I have a Autosleepers Warwick Duo on A Peugeot Boxer 2017, for some reason the horn has stopped working and i'm at a loss as to where the fault lies, items i've checked:-

• Fuses, all Tested and OK
  • Relay, I've tested the relay by swapping with the one next to it, and it works OK, i've also shorted out the contact point from the relay and this sounds the horn, so i know the power wiring is OK, however when i press the horn switch on the steering wheel the relay does not activate.
  • Steering Wheel, i've taken the center off the wheel and tested the contacts from the horn activation, and all four are good.

So i don't know what to test next? does anyone know if the horn signal goes onto the CAN bus, or is it wired direct to the relay?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Mark

Horn push buttons often complete the circuit to ground through their contacts are you able to check this and if so use a temporary cable to earth from the contacts , to confirm that the loss of  earth return through the steering is not the problem.

As Labby has said the horn push button is connected in the negative side of the relay coil.  This connection is made via the "clock spring".  It is possible that the clock spring has failed.

There is a similar thread on the Fiat Forum, which may be viewed  here .

Alan

It most likely  is the clock spring that's failed. This also carries command signals for the air bag, that even if intact at this point, may fail soon.

The assembly  is complete with ' storks', the click spring is not available as a seperate unit, combi switch assembly is needed. This must match the van options,  for example, cruise control,  auto lights/ wipers , thus needs to be ordered using the VIN.

It's  quite expensive, £250 upwards. SH are available but not recomended due to  safety considerations.( air bag).

Dealer fitting recomended.

Mike

Probably different now,  but when our pre airbag horn failed it was the spring contacts below the steering wheel. Remove the steering wheel, bend the contacts up to make better contact with the rings on the underside of the steering wheel. probably different now with an airbag ?

Brian B.

Hi,

Yes the springs contacts can cause a problem On the new Peugeot 9 times out of 10 the Clock spring is at fault (usally brings up an air bag light) or a faulty earth which of course does not A good diagnostic scan should pinpoint 

Regards 

Hi, All Thanks for the reply, i don't have the air bag light on, and all the radio controls work, i've also tested the one side of the circuit of the horn push and have a good ground point, is there any way i can prove this? as i don;t really want to spend upwards of £250 if it's not the clock spring?

Archived