Kerbside Mirror for LHD

Barney123

Assuming that you still own a 2009 Hymer B660SL, its mirrors will look like this.

image.png.e001aae45ad2eede7019c72ef59916d1.png

'Blind spot' mirrors are available (examples here)

https://www.leisuredepot.co.uk/motorhome-camper/towing-touring/blind-spot-mirrors

but whether they would attach securely to the Hymer mirrors (or have any value for what you want them for) is another matter.

Hi Derek, thanks for your reply, yes that's my van.

What I am really looking to do is for a mirror which will sit along side the existing mirror but angled forward and down to be able to see front bumper. I have seen some on lorries but never been able to get details etc.

Plus the other possible problem is "where and how" do you fit it securely. ??

Could you add something like an early Sprinter wide angle mirror upside down to the bottom of your existing mirror? This would only entail drilling two small holes in the mirror housing without touching the bodywork.

image.png.4ea0a80291ac72281e873a89e7442bc4.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125634493074 but check other suppliers and MB van dealers for price. There are LH and RH versions available so not sure which will be best for you. They attach with two small screws through the original casing into brass insert nuts in the new casing (visible in the pic). I have them on my MH and for a wide angle view would not be without them.

39 minutes ago, Barney123 said:

Hi Derek, thanks for your reply, yes that's my van.

What I am really looking to do is for a mirror which will sit along side the existing mirror but angled forward and down to be able to see front bumper. I have seen some on lorries but never been able to get details etc.

Plus the other possible problem is "where and how" do you fit it securely. ??

The company I suggested (magnumvs) supply  lorry blind spot mirrors that clamp to the existing  mirrors and other types.