Peugeot Boxer 2002 Engine Warning Light

bigaljo

Hello all,

I have recently purchased a 2002 motorhome based on a (Fiat Ducato) Peugeot Boxer (edited to correct model).

My problem is that there is a warning light showing on the dash. The symbol looks like an injector spraying fuel. It is on all the time but the engine seems to be running fine. I have driven approx. 400 miles with the light on without a problem. I took it to a motorhome dealer and they checked it and said that it was a faulty fan relay ???. They didn't have the part required and seem to be struggling to locate this relay for me. They charged me £75 for checking it and two weeks later I still haven't heard from them about supplying the relay. 

My question is... 1)Does their diagnosis seem correct and is the amount they charged me reasonable for 15 minutes work?  2) would I have been better taking it to a Fiat Dealer rather than a Motorhome dealer? 3) Is the required fan relay difficult to source?

Thanks for any advice.

For base vehicle problems you would normally expect a commercial vehicle garage to have a better understanding of any problems. That said I've had atrocious service from three Fiat Professional garages, two of these are no longer Fiat, and lately used a Northern Commercial run Fiat Professional garage and they were very helpful.

• Keithl changed the title to Fiat Ducato 2002 Engine Warning Light

The injector symbol is a check engine light on earlier Fiat Ducato vans, I expect the £75 was for a diagnostic check, using the required equipment, which showed a fault with the engine cooling fans (fuse/relay/wiring) and would hope they checked the fuses and wiring, if they were ok, decided that the relay (s) were at fault.

These fuses and relays can be found in the fuse/relay box that is under the bonnet.

You could try www.coastalmotorhomes.co.uk to see if they have the relay (they may need to know if you have a X230 or X244 model Ducato)

Good morning ,You said in the original post that you had a 2002 Fiat Ducato , not a Peugeot Boxer , but hopefully the information supplied will still apply , the parts supply people should be able to identify your model/engine type using either your registration or VIN number

• Keithl changed the title to Peugeot Boxer 2002 Engine Warning Light

Hi

Also check your brake light fuse is not blown and reversing light fuse , The light can also occur if the Throttle connection is corroded Just clean carefully with a good electrical cleaner and make and break a few times Try this first before replacing the relays 

Regards

Edited by onecal