Comfort-Matic problems

Barcobird

Whilst driving through the Pyrenees this morning drive just disengaged. I put my foot on the throttle and nothing happened. I rolled to a stop, turned off the ignition, then restarted the engine and all was fine. A little later I tried to engage the cruise control and nothing engaged. I tried several times and then drive cut out again, I pressed the cruise several times while still travelling along and the drive came back. This leads me to think it’s an electrical fault. Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so what was the solution. I believe Nick Fisher has/had these on his fleet did you have problems?

2017 Pilote 28,000klms Ducatto 2.3 150bho

3 hours ago, Brian Kirby said:

Not a constructive reply, I'm afraid, but have you tried it in "manual" mode (I'm assuming the faults arose in "auto" mode)?  If it is OK in manual, and only plays up in auto, that may give a clue as to where the problem might lie.

Actually it’s a good idea 😊

3 hours ago, Keithl said:

Could it be a brake light switch fault? Obviously pressing the brake pedal will disengage the cruise control but also may cut engine power.

Is there any simple way to reset the brake pedal switch? I know there is on Sprinters.

Keith.

No idea Keith 🤷‍♂️Maybe someone does 🤔

2 hours ago, peterjl said:

Another possibility is a cruise control fault. I had problems a year ago when cruise control just kept switching itself off for no reason. A new control switch fitted under warranty solved problem.

This is where I think the fault may be because I messed about with the control and it disengaged the drive. Would you know if there is a fuse that would turn it off completely ?

21 minutes ago, Barcobird said:

This is where I think the fault may be because I messed about with the control and it disengaged the drive. Would you know if there is a fuse that would turn it off completely ?

Sorry but I have no idea. I just stopped using cruise control until I could get to a Fiat garage. As long as I didn’t touch it I had no problem. What it did do when it stopped working was flash up the message “ cruise control off” hence I knew the source of the problem straight away.

Not sure that helps!

• 3 weeks later...