New Thetford fridge freezer 4145E +

1 hour ago, Labby said:

Are you sure there are two chargers or has the PSU intergrated one been replaced with an higher output external charger (with the original still in place but disconnected ).

Is it Apuljack Electronics you are talking to about the problem ? 

That's uncanny , I've just sent them a question about the internal and external , sorry Apuljack that is, this morning onecal suggested turning off chargers, I'm running close to 1 hour now fridge very cold no ice yet close NO FLASHING LIGHTS  I in red Indian talk, "been here many times, "back to you Labby, must be wired to an external source  because it's marked up on box and 2 separate fuses,  I fitted a charged from car battery driving only charge,  at the moment  my leisure batteries are dropping,, going to leave this longer then I will put fuse back in internal charger see what happens, Patience, on another note, just been to local boat yard,, they have an EHU coupling into site post as normal,you plug in your lead to that and it also has 2 13 amp plug sockets attached, I've never seen them, 

13 hours ago, onecal said:

Ok

Did you try disconnecting the charging unit and see will it work on EHU ? Without tripping or causing error codes or timing out 

Regards

You my friend have lifted me off the floor after to many times on the ropes, your suggestion is hopefully working, but with my history I'm trying not to be excited,,,,,, BUT I AM, took 2 fuses out of internal and external chargers on Reich box ,been running for over 2 hours, all good , initially my E control was showing 12.9 v when fuses taken out, since on EHU leisure batteries 14-2 no fuses in charger , how is that

6 minutes ago, Labby said:

Do you have solar panels ,if so , they could be charging your leisure battery even when charger fuses removed,

of course, my head is spinning after good news this morning, im elated .Thanks so much  for your help again ,wonderful people on here regards Steve

• Like 1