Trump suspends Muslim Immigrants

Bulletguy

Trump intends to sign an order suspending immigration from seven Muslim countries.... Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen......but not Saudi Arabia.

Hhmm, let's see.......15 of the nineteen 9/11 terrorists came from Saudi Arabia, two from UAE, one from Egypt and the other from Lebanon.

Steve Jobs, self made multi billionaire (not inherited like The Chump) founder of Apple was the son of a Syrian migrant.

Well, it's set to be challenged under US constitutional law. Looks like US needs a Gina Miller.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-muslim-ban-refugees-national-security-mexico-wall-executive-orders-latest-a7545046.html

https://www.channel4.com/news/trump-interviews-zainab-chaudry-and-star-parker

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He said he would do so not much of a shock ... You were complaining t'other day when he hadn't in your view done nowt ... His job is to protect Americans on home soil ... Thats all Americans black , white , gay and yes even women ... Bet tha's a few Germans and French folk wishing they'd done the same ... Its a beautiful thing Bullet , a beautiful thing

Guest pelmetman

It appears unlike most politicians...... he's not all talk and no action......hopefully some of his energy will rub off on Saint Theresa B-) ..........

During the campaigning he was saying that he wanted-

Quote:

" A total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.."...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35035190

...so now that he's in a position to implement such a thing (that's assuming he is?), why would he then choose not to include in the "ban", the main Muslim country(Saudi Arabia) that had exported those who actually carried out the biggest attack on the US mainland?

(..money...business...oil...? Surely not?.... )

Presumably, when he builds his "beautiful" wall, they'll be leaving gaps in the regions where all the drug runners live....? :-S

pepe63 - 2017-01-26 9:01 AM

During the campaigning he was saying that he wanted-

Quote:

" A total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.."...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35035190

...so now that he's in a position to implement such a thing (that's assuming he is?), why would he then choose not to include in the "ban", the main Muslim country(Saudi Arabia) that had exported those who actually carried out the biggest attack on the US mainland?

(..money...business...oil...? Surely not?.... )

Exactly!!! Even the least cynic of all could surely see that..........couldn't they?

Seems not!!

It's also common knowledge that just after 9/11, Bin Ladens family who all lived in the US were on the first two private jets to leave US in a secretive operation conducted by the FBI.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/30/world/a-nation-challenged-the-family-fearing-harm-bin-laden-kin-fled-from-us.html

Saudi floats on a sea of oil.....oil makes fuel and Yanks love their dirt cheap fuel they've enjoyed for generations.

Presumably, when he builds his "beautiful" wall, they'll be leaving gaps in the regions where all the drug runners live....? :-S

I watched an excellent documentary about the US drugs trade. In brief, Mexico has lots of drugs coming up from Colombia supplied to the cartels in Mexico. US has guns......millions of'em, very serious military spec weaponry with shed loads of ammo. US citizens want those drugs.....Mexican drug cartels want guns and the US is only too willing to trade. All totally illegal of course but it's been going on for years. Lots of info out there for anyone wanting to search.

It's big business.......which both countries make billions of dollars from.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-01-26 3:29 PM

So Trump doesn't look such a bad boy now does he?........As all that was going on before he got put in charge >:-) .........

Fresh from making her apology on our behalf and reminding us the world hates us because of slavery that women's rights champion and activist against Trumps sexual comments towards women Lily Allen has released her song she sung at the London Trump demo for those interested in helping her in her attempt to put some life back in her flagging singing career ... I'm told it comes with a picture of her trying to grab Piers Morgans tackle she forgot existed ... She's lovely

pelmetman - 2017-01-26 3:50 PM

So Trump doesn't look such a bad boy now does he?........As all that was going on before he got put in charge >:-) .........

You're missing the point Dave. It won't stop. Or as Trump would say with shrugging gesture and husky voice, "it won't stop, it won't stop, it won't stop folks".

Blame shifting is no excuse either. You need to look at the bigger picture.

And back on thread topic, Trump has just isolated the US and American people including the many Muslim Americans. But he obviously forgot about them. If you want to fall big time, just create division.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-01-26 5:36 PM

pelmetman - 2017-01-26 3:50 PM

You're missing the point Dave. It won't stop. Or as Trump would say with shrugging gesture and husky voice, "it won't stop, it won't stop, it won't stop folks".

Blame shifting is no excuse either. You need to look at the bigger picture.

And back on thread topic, Trump has just isolated the US and American people including the many Muslim Americans. But he obviously forgot about them. If you want to fall big time, just create division.

At least he's making a effort ;-) ........and I suspect the only muslim's he's isolating are those that put their culture first :-| ...........

I think what Trump has done is not what many people who've taken against it think it is. This link helps.

http://www.visittheusa.co.uk/info/changes-visa-waiver-program-vwp-and-electronic-system-travel-authorization-esta

And I wonder if Syrian and Yemeni citizens and others from states where there is a threat of terrorism have ever enjoyed admission under the visa waiver scheme, if they did enjoy such privileges I doubt that they did not come under intense scrutiny at the US border. It would be interesting to find out whether they can use the visa waiver scheme.

There's been a bit of a hue and cry from UNHCR about the halt on the US accepting any refugees from under some agreement they had but if the department of homeland security has legitimate concerns that the vetting procedures concerned with those need to be reviewed. I don't see anything wrong in that.

If only Trump had just said in the past and at present that the US needed to review it's visa procedures in relation to states where there were Islamist terrorists or people who had travelled to them recently I don't see how there could be any objection. It's their border, they have been victims of vile acts of Islamist terrorism in the past and the people are quite naturally afraid that they continue to be targets. As I recall there was a review of the visa waiver programme for Brits and Europeans because of our homegrown terrorists. I'm not complaining about that I understand why they needed to do it.

Veronica

Thank you for that Veronica, that's an interesting link (although I haven't yet explored the links within it).

So there is no actual "ban" on people as such, just the revoking of their ability able to use the "Visa Waiver Program" and as such they will now presumably just revert back to "normal" visa vetting.....?

This Wiki' page is interesting, as it includes a list that show some visa refusal rates, as a percentage..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_Waiver_Program

It does appear that the citizens of some countries, have little better than a 50/50 chance of getting in as it is....

I suppose that's what controlling your borders is all about....

Thanks again.

pepe63 - 2017-01-26 8:45 PM

Thank you for that Veronica, that's an interesting link (although I haven't yet explored the links within it).

So there is no actual "ban" on people as such, just the revoking of their ability able to use the "Visa Waiver Program" and as such they will now presumably just revert back to "normal" visa vetting.....?

This Wiki' page is interesting, as it includes a list that show some visa refusal rates, as a percentage..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_Waiver_Program

It does appear that the citizens of some countries, have little better than a 50/50 chance of getting in as it is....

I suppose that's what controlling your borders is all about....

Thanks again.

I am sorry it was a bit rushed and the grammar a little suspect as a result. I haven't done much more than you in that I skimmed the contents of the link I posted myself. The wiki article is very interesting thanks for that. I notice only a very small percentage of Saudis are refused. The actual number of Saudis admitted is not given. 50+%of Yemenis are persona non grata already it seems. What's the betting that the small percentage of Saudis refused entry are a small number of people who enter the US that are not Saudi Royalty or mega-rich.

It seems that the US have constantly been reviewing its border controls due to economic migrancy and terrorist threats over the last decade or so. It may be the the Department of Homeland Security has in place ample measures to reduce the terrorist threat from non-US nationals to a minimum . Let's face it Trump is the kind of guy to pretend that it is he who has ensured that US citizens are as safe due to measures he has taken when all along perhaps nothing else really could be or needed to be done. Who knows? The guy is such a slippery character ;-)

Veronica

Isn't the thinking behind that, divied and conquer?

Dave

Violet1956 - 2017-01-26 7:25 PM

If only Trump had just said in the past and at present that the US needed to review it's visa procedures in relation to states where there were Islamist terrorists or people who had travelled to them recently I don't see how there could be any objection....

Veronica

Mornin'..

Yes agree...But somehow, I don't think him standing there at his podium, addressing his followers with, "...I will make some Muslims fill out visa application forms..." would've been anywhere as near attention(and vote!) grabbing..

:-S

pepe63 - 2017-01-27 11:22 AM

Violet1956 - 2017-01-26 7:25 PM

If only Trump had just said in the past and at present that the US needed to review it's visa procedures in relation to states where there were Islamist terrorists or people who had travelled to them recently I don't see how there could be any objection....

Veronica

Mornin'..

Yes agree...But somehow, I don't think him standing there at his podium, addressing his followers with, "...I will make some Muslims fill out visa application forms..." would've been anywhere as near attention(and vote!) grabbing..

:-S

Your right but lets not make him out to be any different than any other politician thats made claims during an election ... Its only six months since our own NHS £350 million claim by the leave camp and project fear by the remainers ... Both were attention and vote grabbing claims were they not ... Cut him some slack he's been in office a week and like him or not he's getting on with the job ... It really is a beautiful thing

nowtelse2do - 2017-01-27 7:26 AM

Isn't the thinking behind that, divied and conquer?

Dave

Ooop sorry.........had a "Trump momemt" and hit the wrong button!

Isn't the thinking behind that, divide and conquer?

Dave

Yes, and Trump wants to be a conquerer....a modern day Ceasar. All end up the same way!

He says he will make Mexico pay for his stupid wall by slapping 20% tax on imports from Mexico......but seems to have overlooked the fact Mexico can, and will, do exactly the same to US imports.

Regards Saudi, we know why that country isn't on his Muslim hit list. ;-)

Bulletguy - 2017-01-27 2:50 PM

Isn't the thinking behind that, divide and conquer?

Dave

Yes, and Trump wants to be a conquerer....a modern day Ceasar. All end up the same way!

He says he will make Mexico pay for his stupid wall by slapping 20% tax on imports from Mexico......but seems to have overlooked the fact Mexico can, and will, do exactly the same to US imports.

Regards Saudi, we know why that country isn't on his Muslim hit list. ;-)

Saudi should be on the list .. Its disgraceful really ... Suppose like many countries including ours money and oil talks ... We've just had a couple of million women marching for women rights in America , a country even under Trump where nothing will change for women they will still have thankfully the same rights they enjoy now under Trump ... Saudi women of course couldn't be more different ... Its a shame those couple of million women didnt march for the rights of real victims ... Maybe Madonna or Silly Lily could release a song for them

soarer - 2017-01-27 4:31 PM

What's he going to do at the next school massacre,

Or some disgruntled employee slaughtering his workmates?

Because it's more likely that will happen than any

"Terrorist threat"

You got the figures for that claim ?? ... Nearly 3000 killed alone on the September 11th attacks ... How many school massacres and disgruntled employee slaughters to get near that figure ??

antony1969 - 2017-01-27 4:11 PM
Bulletguy - 2017-01-27 2:50 PM
Bulletguy - 2017-01-26 5:36 PMAnd back on thread topic, Trump has just isolated the US and American people including the many Muslim Americans. But he obviously forgot about them. If you want to fall big time, just create division.
Isn't the thinking behind that, divide and conquer?Dave
Yes, and Trump wants to be a conquerer....a modern day Ceasar. All end up the same way!He says he will make Mexico pay for his stupid wall by slapping 20% tax on imports from Mexico......but seems to have overlooked the fact Mexico can, and will, do exactly the same to US imports. Regards Saudi, we know why that country isn't on his Muslim hit list. ;-)
Saudi should be on the list .. Its disgraceful really ... Suppose like many countries including ours money and oil talks ... We've just had a couple of million women marching for women rights in America , a country even under Trump where nothing will change for women they will still have thankfully the same rights they enjoy now under Trump ... Saudi women of course couldn't be more different ... Its a shame those couple of million women didnt march for the rights of real victims ... Maybe Madonna or Silly Lily could release a song for them

Have a read of the book lightly covered in the link.....it's an eye opener and really lays out the 'special' relationship between the House of Bush and the House of Saud.......and that still permeates the corridors of power in the US today.

antony1969 - 2017-01-27 5:07 PM

soarer - 2017-01-27 4:31 PM

What's he going to do at the next school massacre,

Or some disgruntled employee slaughtering his workmates?

Because it's more likely that will happen than any

"Terrorist threat"

You got the figures for that claim ?? ... Nearly 3000 killed alone on the September 11th attacks ... How many school massacres and disgruntled employee slaughters to get near that figure ??

Stats regarding deaths from gun violence, ie homicides, mass shootings, the figure is four times times that of 9/11 every single year and is on the increase. Add suicides to the equation and the figures are worse still.

https://everytownresearch.org/gun-violence-by-the-numbers/#America

By comparison the number of US citizens killed by terrorism is miniscule and remained consistently low post 9/11 which suggests they have their security sorted.......but not their precious 2nd Amendment.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/02/us/oregon-shooting-terrorism-gun-violence/

Archived