Trump suspends Muslim Immigrants

Bulletguy

malc d - 2017-01-29 7:54 PM

antony1969 - 2017-01-29 7:42 PM

... You may want to read a piece by an American New York Observer writer who once visited Israel and who's now banned from 5 of the 7 countries on President Trumps list

... Your selective whinging won't have that though Im sure

Bit of a difference in scale I would have thought.

One bloke barred fro several countries in the Middle East - and the populations of seven countries barred from entering the USA ?

(?)

I never said it was only one person banned ... I said read a piece by one of those banned ... Dont be so quick Malc

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
antony1969 - 2017-01-29 7:57 PM

... You may want to read a piece by an American New York Observer writer who once visited Israel and who's now banned from 5 of the 7 countries on President Trumps list

One bloke barred fro several countries in the Middle East - and the populations of seven countries barred from entering the USA ?

(?)

I never said it was only one person banned ... I said read a piece by one of those banned ... Dont be so quick Malc

I'm sure there are lots of individuals around the world who are barred from entering certain countries - and it's almost always because those countries have a case against those individuals.

malc d - 2017-01-29 8:20 PM

antony1969 - 2017-01-29 7:57 PM

(?)

I'm sure there are lots of individuals around the world who are barred from entering certain countries - and it's almost always because those countries have a case against those individuals.

Your right lots of countries if your Jewish or you've been to Israel

I think your on a sticky wicket trying to defend this one Antony.

Surely though its just Trump making his presence felt. Making it look like he is going to do all these things he said he would. Like a kid with a new toy he is enjoying the power trip. Of course it wont matter to him who he hurts in the process of his little game. The only person he truly cares about is himself and that will become apparent very soon to everyone.

Lets just hope he doesnt get bored of his game of offending the 1.6 billion Muslims in the world and start playing with the big red button in his briefcase (assuming he can operate the child locks).

Barryd999 - 2017-01-29 8:29 PM

I think your on a sticky wicket trying to defend this one Antony.

Surely though its just Trump making his presence felt. Making it look like he is going to do all these things he said he would. Like a kid with a new toy he is enjoying the power trip. Of course it wont matter to him who he hurts in the process of his little game. The only person he truly cares about is himself and that will become apparent very soon to everyone.

Lets just hope he doesnt get bored of his game of offending the 1.6 billion Muslims in the world and start playing with the big red button in his briefcase (assuming he can operate the child locks).

Sticky wicket ... How ??? ... America suspends those from seven countries and you and your boyfriend are up in arms ... Obama suspended Iraqis but I dont remember such a scream ... Cant recall anyone crying over Jews non-entry into certain countries ... Your hatred of President Trump comes before any of his policies

antony1969 - 2017-01-29 8:27 PM

Your right lots of countries if your Jewish or you've been to Israel.

Care to post up a list on that Antony? I'm genuinely curious.

Meanwhile even a 5 year old child got detained at Washington Dulles International Airport before finally being reunited with his mother. FIVE YEARS old FFS.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/donald-trump-muslim-refugee-ban-iranian-child-5-detained-washington-airport_uk_588dc6e3e4b09b4b864849a4

Now the White House Chief of Staff has gone on the backfoot in a reversal of a "key part" of Trumps order.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/29/us/politics/white-house-official-in-reversal-says-green-card-holders-wont-be-barred.html?src=twr&smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

malc d - 2017-01-29 10:22 PM

Antony

If you are travelling on a British passport, how would any foreign border controls know what your religion is ?

(?)

Israeli authorities stamp the passports ... Some Arab countries do not allow or make it very difficult for those that have visited Israel

Bulletguy - 2017-01-29 9:38 PM

Meanwhile even a 5 year old child got detained at Washington Dulles International Airport before finally being reunited with his mother. FIVE YEARS old FFS.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/donald-trump-muslim-refugee-ban-iranian-child-5-detained-washington-airport_uk_588dc6e3e4b09b4b864849a4

Now the White House Chief of Staff has gone on the backfoot in a reversal of a "key part" of Trumps order.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/29/us/politics/white-house-official-in-reversal-says-green-card-holders-wont-be-barred.html?src=twr&smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Look it up Bullet ... Your normally very good at digging up unimportant stuff so try something worthwhile for once

antony1969 - 2017-01-30 6:35 AM

Antony

If you are travelling on a British passport, how would any foreign border controls know what your religion is ?

(?)

Israeli authorities stamp the passports ... Some Arab countries do not allow or make it very difficult for those that have visited Israel

I am aware of that - but it doesn't answer my question.

:-(

malc d - 2017-01-30 8:54 AM

Antony

(?)

I'd imagine Malc those countries that ban those who've visited Israel don't care much about your religion and it's just purely the fact you've visited what is to them that nasty Israel ... You could of course shout Allahu Akbar at border control and you'd get in I'm sure

Banning individuals from entering countries is not new.

Back in the early 80's I worked with a South African Guy , and because of his passport, he was not allowed in certain countries, (We worked in oil exploration), He also could not take his wife and kids home , as they where white Brits, and he was not. A great guy and he eventually, went on to train as a Barrister in UK.

PJay

Trump has only suspended immigration,for a set time. Not such a bad idea, it lets them sort out who enters

I have never been to USA,(Never appealed to me) but i thought that it was quiet difficult to get a visa ?.

antony1969 - 2017-01-30 9:08 AM

Antony

(?)

I'd imagine Malc those countries that ban those who've visited Israel don't care much about your religion and it's just purely the fact you've visited what is to them that nasty Israel ... You could of course shout Allahu Akbar at border control and you'd get in I'm sure

My question has nothing to do with Israel.

As far as I can see there is no way anyway can tell what a persons religion is from reading their British passport.

However, as it seems you are not inclined to answer the question - I'll give up asking it.

;-)

PJay - 2017-01-30 9:19 AM

Banning individuals from entering countries is not new.

Back in the early 80's I worked with a South African Guy , and because of his passport, he was not allowed in certain countries, (We worked in oil exploration), He also could not take his wife and kids home , as they where white Brits, and he was not. A great guy and he eventually, went on to train as a Barrister in UK.

PJay

Trump has only suspended immigration,for a set time. Not such a bad idea, it lets them sort out who enters

I have never been to USA,(Never appealed to me) but i thought that it was quiet difficult to get a visa ?.

I thought much the same PJay when the news broke about the suspension but when Bulletguy posted the links about the effect of the executive order earlier on in the thread and I got round to reading them quite a different picture emerged.

I’ve been to the US and I found the border control people on occasion to be very rude and officious. It’s a great country to tour in an RV. Having hired one there and loving it was one of the reasons why we chose to become motorhomers here. Travelling in an American RV with slide outs and a bathroom bigger than the one at home is not quite the same experience we now have in our modest wheels mind. Buying a lettuce in the US that remained in pristine condition for three weeks was also a novel experience!

Veronica

malc d - 2017-01-30 9:19 AM

Antony

(?)

As far as I can see there is no way anyway can tell what a persons religion is from reading their British passport.

However, as it seems you are not inclined to answer the question - I'll give up asking it.

;-)

British passport ... I haven't mentioned anyone on a British passport ... I suppose your asking how a Saudi customs fella can tell if someone's a Jew by the British passport ... Well of course he can't can he but did that really need answering Malc

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2017-01-30 9:57 AM

Antony

(?)

;-)

British passport ... I haven't mentioned anyone on a British passport ... I suppose your asking how a Saudi customs fella can tell if someone's a Jew by the British passport ... Well of course he can't can he but did that really need answering Malc

Folk who follow religions other than Christianity are in my experience quite overt about it ;-) ......

They often seem to wear some form of religious uniform on their heads ie........

Sikhs = Turban, Jews = Kipah, Muslims = Kafi :-| ........

I wear a Panama but perhaps a pork pie hat would be more appropriate :D ......

Although on here a tin hat is usually the best option >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2017-01-30 10:42 AM

Antony

(?)

;-)

Folk who follow religions other than Christianity are in my experience quite overt about it ;-) ......

They often seem to wear some form of religious uniform on their heads ie........

Sikhs = Turban, Jews = Kipah, Muslims = Kafi :-| ........

I wear a Panama but perhaps a pork pie hat would be more appropriate :D ......

Although on here a tin hat is usually the best option >:-) ..........

Perhaps you should become one of Trump's advisers Dave. An executive order suspending entry to anyone wearing anything that might indicate they were Muslim would appeal to him. Might pass him by that there may be terrorists wearing shorts. Perhaps ISIL would do well to adopt a strategy of sending female suicide bombers over to the US in skimpy tops where Donald is bound to give them a warm welcome especially if they’re young and pretty. ;-)

Veronica

. I suppose your asking how a Saudi customs fella can tell if someone's a Jew by the British passport .

.. Well of course he can't ..................

At last we've agreed on something !

;-)

Look it up Bullet ... Your normally very good at digging up unimportant stuff so try something worthwhile for once.

Typical.

You make a claim then expect me to back it up for you.......but then say it was "unimportant". So why state something if you believe it "unimportant"?

You probably assumed i wasn't interested but you were wrong. I did look and found 16 countries which do not accept Israeli passports; https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2015/12/12/no-one-seems-bothered-with-16-muslim-countries-where-israelis-are-banned/

The key word to remember is Israeli (citizenship).........not as you said, Jews.

Knowing Saudi has some of the most restrictive passport policies i looked at what their view is and SA actually has a number of Jewish people living and working there.

"We bar entry [into Saudi Arabia] only to those with Israeli citizenship. Other than that, we are open to most nationalities and religions,” he said, adding that the policy was proof of the Kingdom’s openness to other religions, according to a translation of the report by the Middle East Media Research Institute.

“For example, if a worker is a citizen of Yemen but practices Judaism, the [saudi] Embassy [in Yemen] would not object to issuing him a work visa for the kingdom,” the source added.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/saudi-arabia-jews-now-allowed-to-work-here/

;-)

Perfectly reasonable question to ask Malc and you are right, a passport holders religion is not stated. After all, some people are either openly atheist or even if not, maybe have no particular faith they follow. I know lots of "failing" Christians and Catholics who have strong moral ethics etc.....but don't go to Church or even have a Bible in the house for example.

A mate of mine falls very much into that category. Brought up by staunch practising Chapel parents, yet since his teens never set foot in Church. That doesn't make him a "bad bloke" in my opinion. In fact he has very strong moral principles.....almost what some would see as "old fashioned".

Apart from the obvious requirements on a passport, it's date and place of birth, nationality and address. Nothing else is needed.

Why not? Jewish born people have a visible distinguishing feature which even i can tell !!! I learned at an early age from my mothers wisdom at an early age after an "awkward" discussion with my History master at school. Top notch bloke.

Folk who follow religions other than Christianity are in my experience quite overt about it ;-) .....

Sikhs = Turban, Jews = Kipah, Muslims = Kafi :-( ........

And what's your problem with that Dave? Their religion? Their appearance? Their skin colour?

When my lad was in the forces he had a couple of Sikh lads in his regiment and both fought alongside him in Iraq and Afghanistan. Super fit blokes and hardened soldiers. You need to look up on history a bit more Dave before making sweeping racist generalisations. Start at 1846 when the first Sikh regiment was formed by those Colonialist chaps, the British. They also fought through ww1 and ww2.......with British for Britain.

Oh look........here is a chap with a "religious uniform" on his head. *-) http://oi68.tinypic.com/1583u49.jpg

And before you start screeching "Muslims"........plenty who are serving with US forces in Iraq, some of whom will no doubt return in body bags. They may well now be asking themselves if America is the country they really thought it was and if it's worth calling "home" any longer.

Bulletguy - 2017-01-30 3:14 PM

Look it up Bullet ... Your normally very good at digging up unimportant stuff so try something worthwhile for once.

Typical.

You make a claim then expect me to back it up for you.......but then say it was "unimportant". So why state something if you believe it "unimportant"?

You probably assumed i wasn't interested but you were wrong. I did look and found 16 countries which do not accept Israeli passports; https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2015/12/12/no-one-seems-bothered-with-16-muslim-countries-where-israelis-are-banned/

The key word to remember is Israeli (citizenship).........not as you said, Jews.

Knowing Saudi has some of the most restrictive passport policies i looked at what their view is and SA actually has a number of Jewish people living and working there.

"We bar entry [into Saudi Arabia] only to those with Israeli citizenship. Other than that, we are open to most nationalities and religions,” he said, adding that the policy was proof of the Kingdom’s openness to other religions, according to a translation of the report by the Middle East Media Research Institute.

“For example, if a worker is a citizen of Yemen but practices Judaism, the [saudi] Embassy [in Yemen] would not object to issuing him a work visa for the kingdom,” the source added.

;-)

Perfectly reasonable question to ask Malc and you are right, a passport holders religion is not stated. After all, some people are either openly atheist or even if not, maybe have no particular faith they follow. I know lots of "failing" Christians and Catholics who have strong moral ethics etc.....but don't go to Church or even have a Bible in the house for example.

A mate of mine falls very much into that category. Brought up by staunch practising Chapel parents, yet since his teens never set foot in Church. That doesn't make him a "bad bloke" in my opinion. In fact he has very strong moral principles.....almost what some would see as "old fashioned".

Apart from the obvious requirements on a passport, it's date and place of birth, nationality and address. Nothing else is needed.

Why not? Jewish born people have a visible distinguishing feature which even i can tell !!! I learned at an early age from my mothers wisdom at an early age after an "awkward" discussion with my History master at school. Top notch bloke.

Folk who follow religions other than Christianity are in my experience quite overt about it ;-) .....

And what's your problem with that Dave? Their religion? Their appearance? Their skin colour?

When my lad was in the forces he had a couple of Sikh lads in his regiment and both fought alongside him in Iraq and Afghanistan. Super fit blokes and hardened soldiers. You need to look up on history a bit more Dave before making sweeping racist generalisations. Start at 1846 when the first Sikh regiment was formed by those Colonialist chaps, the British. They also fought through ww1 and ww2.......with British for Britain.

Oh look........here is a chap with a "religious uniform" on his head. *-) http://oi68.tinypic.com/1583u49.jpg

And before you start screeching "Muslims"........plenty who are serving with US forces in Iraq, some of whom will no doubt return in body bags. They may well now be asking themselves if America is the country they really thought it was and if it's worth calling "home" any longer.

That's why I told you to look it up Bullet because I knew you would ... Don't get your point with that ... As for Israelis , technically yes Israelis but we all know its the Jews they hate or are we going to pretend it isn't ... Bit like you saying Muslims when you started this thread ... It's not Muslims who are banned but nationals of the seven countries but yes we all know it's Muslims ... Exactly like the Israeli/Jewish carry on

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-01-30 3:14 PM

Typical.

;-)

I think it's more a case of what's your problem BG ;-) ..........It was just a observation *-) .........

You really have a bad case of the Gordon Browns (lol) ........

antony1969 - 2017-01-30 3:23 PM

That's why I told you to look it up Bullet because I knew you would ... Don't get your point with that ...

Whenever you make sweeping claims or generalisations over something then i expect you to at least post a link.....not expect the information to come from someone else. But that's why it backfired on you.

As for Israelis , technically yes Israelis but we all know its the Jews they hate....

Yet despite you claiming that, Jewish people are living and working in Saudi Arabia.....as that link showed. So they obviously don't "hate" them as much as you believe.

pelmetman - 2017-01-30 5:00 PM

I think it's more a case of what's your problem BG ;-) ..........It was just a observation *-) .........

No it wasn't Dave. You specifically picked out Sikh, Muslim and Jew. Many people of the Christian faith are also "overt" (to use your term) and "wear some sort of religious uniform".

Like this; http://oi64.tinypic.com/24o7rz6.jpg

and this; http://oi65.tinypic.com/2v13tvo.jpg

and this; http://oi68.tinypic.com/339j52p.jpg

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-01-30 5:52 PM

No it wasn't Dave. You specifically picked out Sikh, Muslim and Jew. Many people of the Christian faith are also "overt" (to use your term) and "wear some sort of religious uniform".

If it's not a uniform what is it?..........Fashion statement? ;-) .........Besides whats wrong with a uniform? :-|

I wore one for years :D ..........

Bulletguy - 2017-01-30 5:52 PM

antony1969 - 2017-01-30 3:23 PM

That's why I told you to look it up Bullet because I knew you would ... Don't get your point with that ...

Whenever you make sweeping claims or generalisations over something then i expect you to at least post a link.....not expect the information to come from someone else. But that's why it backfired on you.

As for Israelis , technically yes Israelis but we all know its the Jews they hate....

Yet despite you claiming that, Jewish people are living and working in Saudi Arabia.....as that link showed. So they obviously don't "hate" them as much as you believe.

pelmetman - 2017-01-30 5:00 PM

Oh yeah Bullet ... It backfired spectacularly didnt it ... Damn , you got me ... I tell you to look it up and you do ... Boy you sure showed me dint ya ... According to your link Judaism is now on the list of acceptable religions ... Well thats really big of em if its true and Im sure many a Jew will be flocking to work in such a place ... It also leads to why should a list of acceptable religions exist anyway and how come your not screaming about how disgraceful that is

Archived