Trump suspends Muslim Immigrants

Bulletguy

pepe63 - 2017-02-03 8:46 AM

nowtelse2do - 2017-02-03 7:45 AM

Weren't they doctor's who tried to bomb Glasgow Airport a few years back?

Dave

I think one was, but he was British born anyway...and the second was born in Bangalore, India.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Glasgow_Airport_attack

So this suspension of travel visas wouldn't have applied to people like them anyway.....

..nor would it have applied to 15 of the 19 involved in 9/11, nor stopped the likes of Timothy McVeigh(Oklahoma bomber), nor Dylan Roof(Charleston Church shooting).....etc....

:-S

Those 4 of the 19 who it would have applied to didn't do too bad did they on 9/11 ... Their share of the death toll about 630 , share of the injured about 1250 ... Ah well I suppose

France again going through it this morning again ... Those famous words again Allahu Akbar ... Almost becoming part of everyday use those words aren't they

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2017-02-03 10:07 AM

Bulletguy - 2017-02-02 10:41 PM

Meanwhile.........back on thread topic.

Dr Abtehale Al-Hussaini a Consultant cardiologist with the NHS and British national due to attend a medical conference in the US, was stopped from boarding her plane at Heathrow and turned back by US immigration officials who told her, "the rules have changed".

Disgusting and disgraceful.

https://www.channel4.com/news/british-nhs-doctor-affected-by-us-travel-ban

I wouldn't call it " disgusting and disgraceful" - ---- I would call it " barmy ".

This young lady travels back and forth to the USA to attend conferences and seminars with American doctors - and they share all the latest developments in their specialities.

There is now a risk - it's a risk that we all might lose out on a new cure for something.

:-|

I have my doubts, do these seminars actually do anymore than provide the opportunity for a tax payer funded p*ss up? ;-) ..........I've done a few jobs in the past in hotels where they hold these kinda functions, and staff have said they're just an excuse to get rat ar*ed on the company/NHS/Council tab >:-) .....

pelmetman - 2017-02-03 11:36 AM

Dr Abtehale Al-Hussaini a Consultant cardiologist with the NHS and British national due to attend a medical conference in the US, was stopped from boarding her plane at Heathrow and turned back by US immigration officials who told her, "the rules have changed".

I wouldn't call it " disgusting and disgraceful" - ---- I would call it " barmy ".

This young lady travels back and forth to the USA to attend conferences and seminars with American doctors - and they share all the latest developments in their specialities.

There is now a risk - it's a risk that we all might lose out on a new cure for something.

I have my doubts, do these seminars actually do anymore than provide the opportunity for a tax payer funded p*ss up? ;-) ..........I've done a few jobs in the past in hotels where they hold these kinda functions, and staff have said they're just an excuse to get rat ar*ed on the company/NHS/Council tab >:-) .....

Well I'm sure all those hotel staff were medical experts - but if the doctors come out of the conference with a cure for cancer, I don't care how pi**ed they get.

antony1969 - 2017-02-03 6:33 AM

Goodness yes now that really is disgusting and disgraceful ... How awful and puts everything else in perspective

Your usual sarcasm is noted.

Dave

I think one was, but he was British born anyway...and the second was born in Bangalore, India.

So this suspension of travel visas wouldn't have applied to people like them anyway.....

..nor would it have applied to 15 of the 19 involved in 9/11, nor stopped the likes of Timothy McVeigh(Oklahoma bomber), nor Dylan Roof(Charleston Church shooting).....etc....

Exactly!!!

Very good point well made Malc. We are already going to be badly affected if we eventually exit the EU, particularly in the field of scientific research into Cancer.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/occams-corner/2016/jul/04/why-brexit-is-bad-news-for-cancer-research

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2452336416300358

When the Pelmet Daves and Antonys of this world have a family member close to death in a hospital bed, their views will suddenly and mysteriously fly out the window on realising Consultants such as Dr Al-Hussaini have the knowledge and skills to save their loved ones.

A close mate of over 40 years who suffered a stroke ten years ago, then serious heart issues requiring a pacemaker, has been battling cancer the past five years and receiving treatment at The Christie hospital in Manchester. Last Monday he nearly lost that battle and now spent the past week there in critical care. Ask him if he gives a fig over the ethnicity or religion of any of the Consultants treating him is and i know damn well what he and his wife would tell you.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-02-03 4:00 PM

When the Pelmet Daves and Antonys of this world have a family member close to death in a hospital bed, their views will suddenly and mysteriously fly out the window on realising Consultants such as Dr Al-Hussaini have the knowledge and skills to save their loved ones.

You do seem to be struggling with the concept of controlled migration BG :-S .........I'll try and explain it again but I doubt you'll be able to take it in *-) ..........If we control our migration, we can have "more doctors like Dr Al-Hussaini", and less cheap labour, less Big Issue sellers and less foreign criminals ;-) ........

Now have you grasped it?......Coz all those folk who voted for BREXIT have >:-) .......

antony1969 - 2017-02-03 10:52 AM

Dave

Those 4 of the 19 who it would have applied to didn't do too bad did they on 9/11 ... Their share of the death toll about 630 , share of the injured about 1250 ...

Correction.

As well as the 15 from Saudi Arabia, I don't think the others- 2 from the UAE , one from Egypt and one from Yemen - wouldn't have been included in this "ban" either....?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijackers_in_the_September_11_attacks

Dave

Cheers pepe. British born Iranian, It looks like he was radicalised in the UK, don't know about the others. It is reported that Scotland Yard arrested 8 more people in London who were connected with him.

Dave

pelmetman - 2017-02-03 4:18 PM

You do seem to be struggling with the concept of controlled migration BG :-S .........I'll try and explain it again but I doubt you'll be able to take it in *-) ..........If we control our migration, we can have "more doctors like Dr Al-Hussaini", and less cheap labour, less Big Issue sellers and less foreign criminals ;-) ........

Now have you grasped it?......Coz all those folk who voted for BREXIT have >:-) .......

You mean like this chap from Barnsley?

Yeah......he'd certainly "grasped it" hadn't he.. *-) (lol) (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-02-03 5:50 PM

Coming from Barnsley he probably knows all about the benefits of open door migration ;-) .........

pelmetman - 2017-02-03 6:49 PM

Coming from Barnsley he probably knows all about the benefits of open door migration ;-) .........

He believed Brexit is "not about trade or Europe" ( (lol) (lol) ) "it's to stop the Muslims from coming into the country" (lol) (lol)

So.........not bothered about trade or even Europe! Errmm.....EU which you want to leave is Europe. All about "stopping" Muslims coming in.

Nothing new there then.....just another fuddled Brexiter. (lol) (lol)

Violet1956 - 2017-02-02 7:57 PM
antony1969 - 2017-02-02 7:14 PM
Violet1956 - 2017-02-02 6:36 PM
antony1969 - 2017-02-02 5:50 PMPresident Trumps banning of Muslims looks more appealing everyday ... If it stops the yanks having to put up with repeats of todays court scenes in Rotherham when another Muslim peadophile gang were sentenced for raping a 12 year old white girl and getting her pregnant ... On sentencing they happily shouted Allahu Akbar ... Nothing to do with Islam eh ??? Germany and a young white girl is raped by Afghan migrants aged 16 and 17 ... Defence is they didn't know rape was illegal ... Had Silly Lily and Gary Lineker got tha way with those Calais children back in the summer it could well have been one of our daughters ... When will the do good liberals wake up
The mere recitation of the cry "Allahu Akbar" does not mean that their disgusting criminal behaviour is sanctioned by all adherents of the Islamic faith Antony. It is however a disgrace that they dared utter thosewords as some kind of justification for their abhorrent behaviour. It is sickening in the extreme that anyone would seek to justify their sexual exploitation of the weak and vulnerable on religious grounds. From your post I elicit that these men are good candiates for a sentence which is indeterminate and I would like to see them locked up forever until there is compelling evidence they no longer pose a threat to women and girls.Veronica
Its amazing that your first line is in defence of Islam Veronica ... Once again , time and time again we have gangs of MUSLIM peadophiles raping young white girls and the first response is to defend ... A young girl has been life changing abused by MUSLIM peados who chose on sentencing to shout in some kind of victory salute Allahu Akbar to justify in his name what they've done
If I there was evidence that all followers of the Islamic faith were either perpetrators of/or people who condone paedophilia Antony I would have to accept your criticism of what you describe as my defence of Islam. What you seem to be saying is akin to alleging that all Catholics are amoral because some of them, notorious priests in particular, are paedophiles and to me that doesn't stack up. Veronica

Veronica...and others who have not had first hand experience or knowledge of different cultures:
I worked for some time in Kabul, Afghanistan (amongst many other countries of the world) throughout my 38+ years of working in aviation and military situations.  In Kabul specifically I learned one phrase that made my stomach churn...and it was a sincerely held belief in a great many places in Afghanistan and the regions of the Hindu Kush and other more remote parts of Afghanistan and it's neighbouring countries....the phrase is this:

Women (approximately 12 yrs and upwards) are for babies......boys are for pleasure.

My point is it is a cultural leaning.  Whether it is ingrained from birth through growing up in that situation or being indoctrinated in one of the myriad of  madrassas that  proliferate in the region the fact is that there are those with a mindset that simply does not 'fit' into the western world way of life and needs to be addressed in the strictest possible way.

Oh and the US ban is NOT against Muslims.  It is effective against a number of 'COUNTRIES' and is only for 90 days allowing time for a more stringent, effective way of processing applications to enter the USA to be implemented.

I don't see protests against NZ, Australia etc etc because they have equally, if not even more strict vetting process...........

Bulletguy - 2017-02-03 8:15 PM

He believed Brexit is "not about trade or Europe" ( (lol) (lol) ) "it's to stop the Muslims from coming into the country" (lol) (lol)

So.........not bothered about trade or even Europe! Errmm.....EU which you want to leave is Europe. All about "stopping" Muslims coming in.

Yep, I posted that one a while back. He's not bothered about free movement of people in Europe he says but voted out to stop Muslims coming from outside the EU. *-) If you think that bloke is stupid read some of the comments. Actually you should never really read youtube comments as you will lose the will to live. There is no hope. :(

Barryd999 - 2017-02-04 12:50 AM

Bulletguy - 2017-02-03 8:15 PM

Yep, I posted that one a while back. He's not bothered about free movement of people in Europe he says but voted out to stop Muslims coming from outside the EU. *-) If you think that bloke is stupid read some of the comments. Actually you should never really read youtube comments as you will lose the will to live. There is no hope. :(

If I can find it later I'll send you a link to a fella who has his own YouTube show ... He went to one of the airport demos and totally destroyed all those he talked to as why they were at the airport protesting ... They hadn't got a clue and shows the numpties exist on both sides

RogerC - 2017-02-03 10:57 PM

I don't see protests against NZ, Australia etc etc because they have equally, if not even more strict vetting process...........

I expect that's because their schemes weren't bungled.

They didn't turn people back who had visas, and were on their way.

(?)

Violet1956 - 2017-02-02 7:57 PM
antony1969 - 2017-02-02 7:14 PM
Violet1956 - 2017-02-02 6:36 PM
antony1969 - 2017-02-02 5:50 PMPresident Trumps banning of Muslims looks more appealing everyday ... If it stops the yanks having to put up with repeats of todays court scenes in Rotherham when another Muslim peadophile gang were sentenced for raping a 12 year old white girl and getting her pregnant ... On sentencing they happily shouted Allahu Akbar ... Nothing to do with Islam eh ??? Germany and a young white girl is raped by Afghan migrants aged 16 and 17 ... Defence is they didn't know rape was illegal ... Had Silly Lily and Gary Lineker got tha way with those Calais children back in the summer it could well have been one of our daughters ... When will the do good liberals wake up
The mere recitation of the cry "Allahu Akbar" does not mean that their disgusting criminal behaviour is sanctioned by all adherents of the Islamic faith Antony. It is however a disgrace that they dared utter thosewords as some kind of justification for their abhorrent behaviour. It is sickening in the extreme that anyone would seek to justify their sexual exploitation of the weak and vulnerable on religious grounds. From your post I elicit that these men are good candiates for a sentence which is indeterminate and I would like to see them locked up forever until there is compelling evidence they no longer pose a threat to women and girls.Veronica
Its amazing that your first line is in defence of Islam Veronica ... Once again , time and time again we have gangs of MUSLIM peadophiles raping young white girls and the first response is to defend ... A young girl has been life changing abused by MUSLIM peados who chose on sentencing to shout in some kind of victory salute Allahu Akbar to justify in his name what they've done
If I there was evidence that all followers of the Islamic faith were either perpetrators of/or people who condone paedophilia Antony I would have to accept your criticism of what you describe as my defence of Islam. What you seem to be saying is akin to alleging that all Catholics are amoral because some of them, notorious priests in particular, are paedophiles and to me that doesn't stack up. Veronica

Veronica...and others who have not had first hand experience or knowledge of different cultures:
I worked for some time in Kabul, Afghanistan (amongst many other countries of the world) throughout my 38+ years of working in aviation and military situations.  In Kabul specifically I learned one phrase that made my stomach churn...and it was a sincerely held belief in a great many places in Afghanistan and the regions of the Hindu Kush and other more remote parts of Afghanistan and it's neighbouring countries....the phrase is this:

Women (approximately 12 yrs and upwards) are for babies......boys are for pleasure.

My point is it is a cultural leaning.  Whether it is ingrained from birth through growing up in that situation or being indoctrinated in one of the myriad of  madrassas that  proliferate in the region the fact is that there are those with a mindset that simply does not 'fit' into the western world way of life and needs to be addressed in the strictest possible way.

Oh and the US ban is NOT against Muslims.  It is effective against a number of 'COUNTRIES' and is only for 90 days allowing time for a more stringent, effective way of processing applications to enter the USA to be implemented.

Good post Roger ... It's an uncomfortable subject for some so much so that they deny we have a problem with it .... Denying it of course won't make it go away or attempt to address the problem .... The vast amount of Muslim peado gangs sentenced to date have been of Pakistani origin and unfortunately probably 3rd generation too so it's not something that's going away and if anything seems to be getting worse ( 4 seperate cases yesterday where sentencing was passed , one an Afghan refugee ) .... I'm afraid we have a problem not just here but in Europe where many Muslim males view underage white girls as white sluts and slags and we see the results more or less every day of the week ... I can't blame Trump for not wanting what's happened with the sex assaults all over Europe and anyone with an ounce of decency would say the same

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2017-02-04 10:00 AM

I expect that's because their schemes weren't bungled.

They didn't turn people back who had visas, and were on their way.

(?)

Gotta expect a few teething problems.........building a new world order takes time ;-) .....

Veronica...and others who have not had first hand experience or knowledge of different cultures:.....

I have never been to Afghanistan but I have a rather good knowledge of the country and the culture. In my view it is one of the worst places to live in the world if you are female. I wonder on what basis you made the assumption that I had no such knowledge Roger?

And doesn't the fact that you were prepared to make that assumption get the root of this discussion about the problem with making assumptions in general about people based on their nationality, culture, or religion?

Veronica

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2017-02-04 12:05 PM

Veronica...and others who have not had first hand experience or knowledge of different cultures:.....

I have never been to Afghanistan but I have a rather good knowledge of the country and the culture. In my view it is one of the worst places to live in the world if you are female. I wonder on what basis you made the assumption that I had no such knowledge Roger?

And doesn't the fact that you were prepared to make that assumption get the root of this discussion about the problem with making assumptions in general about people based on their nationality, culture, or religion?

Veronica

Actually it begs the question why, you're so keen to allow folk from such a alien culture when compared to our own to set up shop in the UK? 8-) ...........

pelmetman - 2017-02-04 12:27 PM

Veronica

Actually it begs the question why, you're so keen to allow folk from such a alien culture when compared to our own to set up shop in the UK? 8-) ...........

Yet another assumption Dave based on what may I ask?

Veronica

Interesting piece in The Telegraph by Baroness Flather condemning the shocking disabilities in the Pakistani Muslim community caused by incest , she says "its absolutely appalling" ... 3% of the country is Pakistani yet they account for 30% of birth defects and disabilities ... Yet another fact regarding how the Muslim community have a different view on the world of sex ... Baroness Flather by the way is herself a Pakistani

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2017-02-04 12:39 PM

Veronica

Veronica

Is my assumption incorrect? ;-) ..........

If so...... it appears you agree with us anti open door migration protesters? >:-) ........

RogerC - 2017-02-03 10:57 PMVeronica...and others who have not had first hand experience or knowledge of different cultures:.....
I have never been to Afghanistan but I have a rather good knowledge of the country and the culture. In my view it is one of the worst places to live in the world if you are female. I wonder on what basis you made the assumption that I had no such knowledge Roger?And doesn't the fact that you were prepared to make that assumption get the root of this discussion about the problem with making assumptions in general about people based on their nationality, culture, or religion?Veronica

My comment was 'first hand experience or knowledge' meaning real 'in your face' knowledge from being there not from reading or other remote methods of learning about a place or country.  I know a lot about Antarctica, I know a lot about the Amazon jungle etc etc....but I have never been to either so my knowledge of those places is not based on experience, it is based on remote learning which is entirely different.  One can have knowledge 'of' somewhere but unless one has actually 'been there' one can not truly 'know' which was what I was trying to convey.  Did you know it is common place, mostly outside of the main centres of population...ie the cities...that young boys (6,7,8+ yrs old) are 'buggered'...'raped' to satisfy the desires of men who consider this behaviour to be 'normal'?  How do you think those commonplace cultures can assimilate into western cultures and values when they see nothing wrong in the practice?  So please don't take offence .....I merely comment that there are those who do not 'really' know are out there pontificating and decrying those that do.  It is fact that a lot of the unacceptable practices brought to this and other western countries are 'culturally engrained'....the perpetrators see nothing wrong in what they do.  Unfortunately it is predominantly those from the Islamic faith that commit these despicable acts, that invoke Allah's name in justification for their activity (strangely Christians don't invoke Christ's or God's name when committing what we consider atrocities)  and in doing so bring about the reaction of what some would call Islamophobia in certain sections of society. 

pelmetman - 2017-02-04 2:21 PM

Violet1956 - 2017-02-04 12:39 PM

Veronica

Veronica

Is my assumption incorrect? ;-) ..........

If so...... it appears you agree with us anti open door migration protesters? >:-) ........

If you recall Dave it has always been my argument that we didn't have "open door" migration so there was nothing to protest about. What I would protest about is the manifest under investment in enforcing the immigration controls we have.

Veronica

RogerC - 2017-02-04 3:16 PM

. " Did you know it is common place, mostly outside of the main centres of population...ie the cities...that young boys (6,7,8+ yrs old) are 'buggered'...'raped' to satisfy the desires of men who consider this behaviour to be 'normal'?"

Yes I do know that Roger- didn’t have to go there to find that out though.

" How do you think those commonplace cultures can assimilate into western cultures and values when they see nothing wrong in the practice? " 

There will be some people from such cultures that never will fully assimilate but we don’t permit men to bugger young boys nor is domestic abuse, marital rape, and so on, allowed here. That much is made clear to them. What I don’t think is an acceptable way of dealing with the problem is banning all people from such countries from entering the UK which is what some people appear to think is the only option. I disagree with that as an option because not all people from those countries behave in that way.

" So please don't take offence ....."

None taken

" I merely comment that there are those who do not 'really' know are out there pontificating and decrying those that do.  "

I haven’t decried anyone and forgive me if you thought I was pontificating. I accept first-hand experience has great value but it does not always give someone the trump (oops!) card in any debate.

Veronica

Ps apologies I havent mastered the insertion of QUOTE so this is not an easy read.

Archived