You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Motorhome Matters
Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 3 Last
Format:  Go
Replacement Leisure Batteries
AuthorMessage
userDerek Uzzell
Posted: 4 May 2021 8:01 AM
Subject: RE: Replacement Leisure Batteries

I don’t have difficulty with the www.motts.org link I provided (and I usually check such links work as a matter of course when previewing an entry before posting it), but I’ve attached an image of the relevant chunk of Clive Mott’s webpage that shows a pair of 12V batteries parallel-connected together. I suppose the real differences is that the cabling would normally not involve the ‘black box’ that’s on the outside of your Starspirit’s battery-compartment.

Regarding the “big box of tricks”, you are right to be concerned about this!

It’s likely (probable) that your 2007 Starspirit has the "Autocruise Energy Management System” discussed in these two forum threads

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Lazy-control-panel/52225/

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Autocruise-Starspirit-problem/56306/

The relative sophistication and complexity of the electrical systems factory-fitted to motorhomes/caravans can vary dramatically, and the more complex and less commonplace the system, the greater the difficulty there will be when it comes to trouble-shooting or providing advice when the system ages or is no longer manufactured. Apparently the “Energy Management System” was only factory-fitted to Autocruise, Bentey or Murvi motorhomes and - as you’ll see from the 2nd link above - gaining information about it nowadays is not easy and finding a repairer may prove very challenging.

The 2nd link also includes links to the relevant Autocruise handbooks, so if you did lose control-panel data, you should be able to re-enter it.

(batteries.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments batteries.png (194KB - 5 downloads)
Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 3 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator