Christmas

ohgrandma

I don,t think anyone would approve Mel. Mistletoe has its roots (no pun) in pagon worship and hardly the sort of thing Tony would get up to. :-S hmm.

Fed up with tasteless slices of what seems to be recycled putty loaves of bread and think i'll add a bread maker to my list. My earliest memories are of freshly baked bread straight from the oven and that wonderfull aroma wafting from the kitchen. Can't be any worse than the stuff they now sell.

240x360prodtemplate.jpg.0c9446db52984c00af5ffbc7b4718759.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All one way so far, but nothing beats the joy of giving and as usual have tipped our postman, paperboy and binmen for their efforts this past year.

OK, why tip when they are already being paid. Well those binmen have long memories and worth not having to traipse up and down the road looking for our bin, plus all that stuff on their banned list always disappears, no questions asked. Paperboy delivers on time whatever the weather and the postman always has the time to chat and make sure everything is alright which is a real comfort for the elderly and those on their own, so worth every penny in my opinion.

abr1511l.jpg.7cc53806530458a8f3ef67f492eb3bf8.jpg

jlvn843l.jpg.4c63585a779680c1bb0c5828b185a83b.jpg

mwi0233l.jpg.2393f243b87f9811654a880f06fadfdc.jpg

Quote Howie.

All one way so far, but nothing beats the joy of giving and as usual have tipped our postman, paperboy and binmen for their efforts this past year.

Must be another world where you are Howie. Here we see a different bin crew every collection (fortnightly) and a different postman, and time of delivery, every day. *-)

Bob

Recorded somewhere near the Mexican Border,

It's a romantic full moonwhen Pedro said,Hey, Mamacita lets do Weeweechu.

Oh no not now lets look at the moon.say Rosita.

Oh,c,mon baby.Let's you and i do Weeweechu.

I love you and it's the perfect time. Pedro begged.

But, I wanna just hold your hand and watch the moon.replied Rosita.

Please coranoncito just once we do Weeweechu with me.

Rosita looked at Pedro and said, Ok one time we do Weeweechu.

Pedro grabbed his guitar, and they both sang,

Weeweechu a Merry Christmas, Weeweechu a Merry Christmas, Weeweechu a Merry Christmas,and a Happy New Year.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE. xxx

Usinmyknaus - 2008-12-18 8:18 AM

Quote Howie.

Must be another world where you are Howie. Here we see a different bin crew every collection (fortnightly) and a different postman, and time of delivery, every day. *-) Quote

Know what you mean, but we still have a once a week collection service that turns up prompt on a tuesday morning between 9am-10am without fail with the same crew (and postman and paperboy) all year round. Not for much longer though. Our local authority are planning a major re-organisation that will provide 'a better service in both terms of efficiency and cost that will benifit the community as a whole'. Not another world Bob, just the same old cloud cuckoo land.

Howie,

WE have a bread making mahcine and to be honest its much cheaper .

Also I love the fact that the house smells lovely but thats not the best you can have anything you want now without the fuss .Just buy it next to the flour in Tesco's . My favorite is cheese bread or brown nutty bread .

It not only makes bread but you get the cards that tell you how to make anything its so easy you just drop in the ingedients .

Simple no need for yeast or any bits thats already in all of the bags of flour makes a cracking loaf Gromit :D and you can always have fresh bread everyday no need to worry about running out Oops nearly forgot its got a rapid bake as well as a slow bake :D Personally i like to watch it rise fast :D yours truely Rapid Girl 8-)

Thank you Nigella. Already bought a Morphy Richards breadmaker. Took 3 hours to bake so don,t know if its going be any cheaper but worth it as our first attempt really was delicious. Plenty of recipes came with it and will work our way through them all eventually. Looks as if the important thing is to get the measurements right and after that it takes care of itself. Forgotten what its like to watch it rise fast but will add some extra yeast and give it a good stir first to see if that help.

forn655l.jpg.52dcbe8957064db48ca69b1de5a2c63d.jpg

Archived