Christmas

ohgrandma

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still remember getting my first pair Michele, which was then followed by the the driest spell in living memory, but still wore them until the back of my legs were raw.

What I could do with is a new dictionary. The 'Chambers' one I have is dated 1981, and apart from falling apart needs updating as i,m sure there's a whole lot of words that have entered the English language since then.

What,s really boggling is the way your mind works Mel. Can,t fault it. XXX

A bit of peace and quiet for Christmas would,nt go amiss, so somebody vote John Sergeant out of 'Celebrity Dancing' please. Don,t mind either way, but the wife's still shouting the odds about 'better dancers' not getting a chance to show what they can do because of the sympathy vote from viewers. :-S

Enjoy 'anagrams' and stuff like that so I would,nt mind a book on the subject.

A sutler sat in his ulster grey

Watching the moonbeams lustre play

On a keg which low in the rushes lay

The luters started to say

Thou rulest the weak and lurest the strong

Thou feedest the urge of the luster all wrong

And to thee the result of battles belong

The leaves with their rustle took up the song

.................... One for Mick.

Tottenham Hotspur.

=

'More for 2009' and 'hope my wee car will tow it'?. Sounds as if your are ready to hit the road again Ria and look forward to meeting you.

A trailer tent is just about the one thing i,ve never tried. Tempted once or twice and for the young family with a small car seems ideal. Easy to tow and store, beds of the ground and everything self contained with the ability to overnight, or with the added awnings, pitch up for a fortnight with all the room you need.

Not on my Christmas list but well worth considering for those who want just a little bit more than basic camping.

Can,t see you getting up to much mischief in one of these Ria, unless your sense of balance matches your physical abilities.

*-)

tt135d.jpg.405c121ff8ae60685cebfb672e8771d7.jpg

tt138b.jpg.4862e17716ca65a2f6ff70109596698c.jpg

Howie, Well you have to look ahead with all the doom and gloom, at the moment,and think of the cheapest options. to get out and about, next year. Nice picture. Thanks for that. Dont quite know what you mean about sense of balance though. ;-) It would probably be a soft landing in one of them. I read up about them on the camping Forum . very interesting,

I would be known as "The born again Campergran " (lol) Ria.

I would like a Peaceful christmas not just for me but for the whole planet. It would be wonderful if the whole of the people could put aside differences like Religion and Race for good and turn their efforts instead to creating and maintaining this world in which we live instead of destroying it.

howie - 2008-11-16 11:19 PM

What,s really boggling is the way your mind works Mel. Can,t fault it. XXX

A bit of peace and quiet for Christmas would,nt go amiss, so somebody vote John Sergeant out of 'Celebrity Dancing' please. Don,t mind either way, but the wife's still shouting the odds about 'better dancers' not getting a chance to show what they can do because of the sympathy vote from viewers. :-S

I was thinking of brain cells Howie ... isn't that where a man has his brain??? Assuming he's got one of course. :-> Now what were YOU thinking of my little fluffy one..... :$

A trailer tent is just about the one thing i,ve never tried

Not so much a trailer tent, more correctly a folding camper ;-)

Looks very like a Conway Cardinal. Hard top and wind up mechanism. I had one and they are brilliant to tow and an all round excellent vehicle. You can fully erect them in about 10 minutes when you're used to them.

The only disadvantages I found were when packing up. All your personal stuff needed to be taken out and stowed in the car and if the canvas was wet it could be packed up OK but needed drying out within a couple of days of getting home so you need somewhere that you can erect it.

Having said that, in 5 years with a judicious eye on the weather forecast we never had to pack it wet.

Never was to sure which was which David, and the one Ria mentioned (Conway Cardinal) must be a folding camper and not the same as the one I pictured which I presume is a trailer tent.

Remember seeing a demonstration at the NEC some years ago where the young lady showed how easy the folding camper was to put up. Using just the one hand she undid the two clips, and with the aid of the powered struts opened the camper out ready to use, with beds in place and a swing out cooker just needing the gas to be turned on.

Options included a awning that was easy to add and seemed to give all the living space you needed, but as I said, so quick and simple for touring as apposed to the trailer tent which looks to be as time consuming as any conventional large tent.

World peace would get my vote for Christmas but that's highly unlikely. On the trailer tent subject - we had one many years ago but unfortunately, living in Scotland and not having a driveway, it was difficult to dry it out. Only used it half a dozen times. So we decided to go back to motorhoming. I wanted to sell it (it cost us £1k) but hubby gave the trailer tent to someone he knew. She worked in a confectionery factory and gave us a jar of bonbons and some marmalade. So you could say we sold it for sweeties!

ike

'Go back to motorhoming' Ike?. Always thought tents and caravans were the natural progression to that ultimate goal, motorhomes. ;-)

This is for someone I shall not mention to save any possible embarrassment. Its a swivelling seat for when you reach a 'certain age' and have difficulty getting in and out of the car. £12.99 from....... www.healthylivingdirect.com .............

They also have a section covering sex aids Ria and don,t you even dare think of going there. 8-)

13189.jpg.18aa3a89000b94d3219fc51d7287dfe8.jpg

Many thanks Howie, It looks exactly what I am after, The least expensive

too. That is the problem with buying a Mazda Sports car, ones bottom is too near the ground, and therefore difficult to "hop" in and out of,

Do you visit that link often? as I must say I have never heard of it. !!!!

Many thanks though, for taking the trouble to find it for me, Ria. (lol)

And why not R/C. The day we stop dreaming is the day we die, and while most of us will never own such things living in hope is what keeps us going.

Owning a private jet was next on my list but what with that new 45% tax rate on my annual earnings shall play safe and settle for this modest 6 seater chopper.

Augusta_A109.png.82711b7ffbad1865090befd61a3af691.png

When four of Santa's elves got sick, the trainee elves did not produce toys as fast as the regular ones, and Santa began to feel the Pre-Christmas pressure.

Then Mrs Claus told Santa her Mother was coming to visit, which stressed Santa even more.

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two others had jumped the fence and were out, Heaven knows where.

Then when he began to load the sleigh, one of the floorboards cracked, the toy bag fell to the ground and all the toys were scattered.

Frustrated, Santa went in the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum.

When he went to the cupboard, he discovered the elves had drank all the cider and hidden the liquor.

In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider jug, and it broke into hundreds of little glass pieces all over the kitchen floor.

He went to get the broom and found the mice had eaten all the straw off the end of the broom.

Just then the doorbell rang, and Santa marched to the door, yanked it open, and there stood a little angel with a great big Christmas tree.

The angel smiled at Santa and said very cheerfully 'Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't this a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?'

And so began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

:D

Quite so Bruce, though this would be better applied to all those 'Mrs Santa's' out there. 'Multitasking' seems to be the buzzword at the moment, and how women cope with Christmas is totally beyond me.

Never mind, i,ve got myself sorted for Christmas and can now start to relax and enjoy the festive spirit, and talk about 'shop till you drop'. Took me a full hour to pick and buy my pressies for the wife and all thats needed now is to master that mysterious art of 'wrapping'.

Just a thought, and I know everywhere seems to be having 50% off or closing down sales at the moment, but why can,t we move Christmas to the end of January. Difficult times for everyone at the moment and buying Christmas gifts at a even bigger discount from the usual January sales would go a long way to getting those debt levels down..

Archived