Christmas

ohgrandma

Already have a writing desk for the putor and things, but have always fancied a real quality bureau ever since my Grandad showed me all the little cubby holes and secret compartments his had, and all in a beautifull mid oak finish. Mmmm

desk_kp5401.jpg.6c237ef8d74c236e59179611707a6121.jpg

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take no notice of our Tony Ria. We may be twins, but he has never come to terms with the fact that I was always the pretty one and blessed with all the charisma too.

Thats a very generous offer Ria, and delivered personally as well :$ , and if you don't mind i,ve always wanted a football club all of my own. Nothing to grand, just something to keep me occupied. xxx

57810535-DE39-6461-13F942A3C5ED9F9B.jpg.9c2e6824329d3194df8cba238ae58a0e.jpg

Hi. Tony, I have contacted my usual supplier,The prices fluctuate by the minute . I believe, They quoted £21 more than the Boiler Juice firm. Who kindly sent me another e mail, As I will not need any for about a month,

I will contact both suppliers then to compare, Many thanks for your help.

Regards Ria.

Well, surprise surprise, Howie, and how many more twin brothers have

you ? 8-) Will let you know delivery date, I will give you plenty of warning.

shocks can do funny things to people. Oh! about the football club,

Would Pompey do ? Is the gate to keep you in or me out. (lol Ria. xx

Mick H. - 2008-11-03 3:54 PM

I have actually heard a rumour that the government are cancelling Christmas this year to encourage people to save and eat less.

I think you'll find that the government would like us all to keep spending to save peoples jobs and keep the economy going. :-(

Guest Tracker
J9withdogs - 2008-11-04 8:40 PM

Just because I have a penchant for short, plump, bald men doesn't make me a bad person...

But it does explain a lot of things!

The one thing our van lacks is a dedicated waste bin. I have seen pre-formed caravan door panels on some motorhomes that include a bin, paper rack and other storage shelves, but nothing thats a retro fit. Any ideas where these might be available?.

Howie, try Ikea, I got a really nice bin about a year ago and they probably still do it. It is about 12" wide, 8" deep and it came in 2 heights, the one I got is about 14" but they did a taller one as well. It has a clip on lid with a lift-up flap and the main bin body has a handle metal attached which folds down out of the way. I put a carrier bag in it then put the lid on and it holds it nicely in place. The bin fits perfectly in the washroom to the side of the toilet - we have to keep the bin in there otherwise the dogs raid it!

Alternatively, last time I was in Wilko they had a few to choose from as well, they tend to be classed as 'recycling' bins as opposed to standard 'waste' bins which are round.

Thanks for that Mel, but i,m really looking for the 'genuine' article. Quite taken with the full panel type i,ve seen on new vans and shall persevere in trying to find a retro fit for mine. Do keep trying though and know I can count on you. x

Thats very kind of you Mel but i,m still looking for the purpose built moulded panel type for caravan doors. The one pictured would do the job and my Brother in Law is going to call in to Autosleepers at Willersby where you can buy the retro fits. Given him the measurements and hopefully there's one there that will either fit or be modified for my van. x

Imaged00002_360x480.jpg.ca9184ab7276eba875ab52d21ee1be3e.jpg

Brother in Law called into Autosleepers and they do have those moulded door bins available and it will fit my van. He was'nt overly impressed with it though and thought it was rather flimsy and only has the bin with it. Cost will be over £80 and might just as well go for the 'Aldi' or 'Wilko's' as Mel suggested, but no rush and will see what else turns up for now.

howie - 2008-11-09 10:08 AM

Brother in Law called into Autosleepers and they do have those moulded door bins available and it will fit my van. He was'nt overly impressed with it though and thought it was rather flimsy and only has the bin with it. Cost will be over £80 and might just as well go for the 'Aldi' or 'Wilko's' as Mel suggested, but no rush and will see what else turns up for now.

I use an emptyTesco bag mounted on the floor Howie :-D

I used to be sophisticated but the antibiotics did the trick B-)

John

Archived