Christmas

ohgrandma

Sorry Mick. Forgot you just bought one of those "pokie" little cars. :$

One of those 'atomic' clocks that self adjust whenever its time to put the clocks on or back. Better still, lets have all clocks and timers made to do the same. 8-)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howie, Woolies were flogging 32" cheap and nasty brand flat screens the other day for £199, hard to beat I think. Unless you're after summat flash of course.

Speaking of bargains, my friend is a real E-Bay merchant. The other day we chose a tap on behalf of my Mother at B&Q, price £80.

No way he says, 4 days later he turns up with the same tap bought via E-Bay.

£28 :-D

Martyn

No good Martyn. As part of the 'mend and make do' generations chucking out a perfectly good TV would break my heart. Plenty of smart looking tellies around and never sure to go for the expensive quality ones or buy a cheapy and change and upgrade every few years.

Anyway, back to pressies, and here's something I would'nt mind. Already have a decent shed/workshop but this one would give me more storage space (to store all those things I can't chuck out), plenty of elbow room for DIY and might even get the van in with a bit of modification.

DSCF2017.jpg.9d674fcd37dc22d71f7efa5f44a46ecc.jpg

That is early Rob, and they usually get bonfire night out of the way before the Christmas decorations go up around here. Don't like to overdo things but we do have two fir trees out front that are always given a lights makeover leading up to Christmas just to brighten things up.

Guest Tracker

I don't want nuffing - which is just as well 'cos that's exactly wot I generally gets at Chrissypoos.

I have everything I could ever need with my special Dotty one - and I have her permission to say so..

ohgrandma - 2008-10-27 7:03 PM

Lovely pic's. Howie. But. you really are wishing for expensive presents.

Bikes Chalet's, Boats, whatever next? (lol) Ria.

Just wishing Ria, but makes a change from socks and aftershave don,t you think. :-S ............................................

Know what you mean Richard, but the whole thing has been nothing but a circus for years and as they say, its the thought that counts, and that makes it even worse. 8-)

Now you're talking Geof. Hired similar boats in the 70s on the Norfolk Broads and we loved every minute of it, but another dream that never came to frutition i,m afraid. Never mind, and as my poor old Mum used to say 'the day you stop dreaming is the day you die'.

I can think of a few things that will keep you warm Ria. :$

How about this for a start and think i,ll put a pair on Santa's list to help keep warm. Always used to wear them when working on construction jobs and certainly do the job.

luttherm23.jpg.7a2d03ad9dbeb3c2842efb96f75c047c.jpg

Howie, Thanks for that. you are all being so helpful to me, Where do they sell them,? quite flattering dont you think? and does one size fit all. if you get my meaning. I would like some now cant wait until Christmas, It will be mild again by then, Ria. (lol) PS and do they sell other colours? ;-)

HI Ria.

Our last delivery of oil. our normal supplier of oil made the delivery on behalf of boilerjuice.com

Even though they had qouted me a far higher price

boilerjuice will compare all suppliers of oil plus depends what orders they have for your postcode they will group all orders together to bulk buy

they will even send you e-mail to inform you that somebody else has placed a order for oil in your area

Tony

Just type in 'thermal underwear' and there's plenty on the web to choose from Ria in all sizes and colours. Seems a bit obvious, but we Brits don't dress for the cold, and when we get these cold snaps should take more care over what we wear. Thermals are par for the course in other countries and something we should copy indoors and out if only to cut down on those fuel bills. Hey Ria, never thought about ladies long johns and where would you have the 'flap. :-S

Archived