Oh heck ... 'Accent' on an expensive day ...

Mel B

I've been out in the van again (where else! :D ) and took some photos of bits and pieces I've done:

1. Seat cover - made from some suede effect curtains and I used the lining material off them to make a lining cover to fit on them first.

2. I've put some storage pockets on the upper part of the rear doors for my mags, puzzle books etc and a pair of thermal curtains across the rear doors.

3. / 4. - I used a large expanding curtain rod and some metal tool clips fastened to the end of the upper lockers into which the curtain rod clips and I then extend it so it is a nice tight fit at each side. If I want I can remove the whole lot (eg in summer) - I've had to use some shower curtain 'rings' to temporarily attach the curtains to the poles as I haven't got any proper rings at present so will have to get some.

5. I've put a slim door pocket on the sliding door, useful for shopping bags etc, and also a kitchen roll holder.

6. / 7. My tea/coffee/sugar set is under the former TV cabinet and you can see the kitchen storage shelves/tubs below which are secured with sticky velcro so can be totally removed if necessary.

8. / 9. These are the shelves I've installed in the wardrobe, I've used the same type of shelf supports that you find in kitchen cupboards so all I had to do was drill some small holes - if necessary I can alter the position of the holes to increase/reduce the gaps between the shelves, or they can be removed totally so that the hanging rail, which I've left in, can still be used (you can just see the rail at the top with a basket hanging from it).

10. I've put hooks on the inside of the wardrobe door to store my dish drainer and the grill pan grid (won't fit in the grill with the double skillet/frying pans) and attached a couple of wire shelves for little bits and pieces.

11. I've put a shelf (same method as above) in the locker above the dinette seat and brought it out proud of the sides as there is about an inch gap of wasted space between the door and the edges. I've lined it with non-slip material and put some plastic binders on the front to hold it in place.

12. I've put a shelf (same method as above) in the former TV cupboard and some hooks etc on the back of the door for my pan stands.

13. The outside table fits nicely between the sliding door and the rear of the kitchen unit - the 'bamboo' trellis is what I'm going to use to keep the dogs in the camper when the door is open (this is why I moved the worktop flap along so it would fit).

14. Do you like my 'green grass' carpet! :D

15. When we were at the Shepton Mallet show I spotted a Royal storage bin and it fits perfectly under the table and houses the external screens.

16. This is the squeezing a 'quart in a pint pot' Gaslow bottle in the locker! :->

17. On the left you can see a plastic handle which I've attached to the door pillar so I don't fall over when getting in/out! I picked it up at a car boot sale - its a fridge handle so was already angled and had screw holes in it, complete with 'plugs' to cover the holes. Tazzy seems to approve of the seat covers! :-)

1674633715_1-Seatcover.JPG.ed95f7b3b035c46acec8fcfdae16fe91.JPG

1955461450_2-Rearcurtainsanddoorpockets.JPG.6383d1a895d1e077507343d7db1ede01.JPG

755616009_3-Rearcurtains.JPG.ed0656e2ceb32434be010b8f38be9bed.JPG

1207696549_4-Rearcurtainsbracket.JPG.bd5983c6ccea6d13695c3f9f7f7288bd.JPG

602810599_5-Doorpocketandkitchenrollholder.JPG.c1c1da03256a2d24efaead7433d9b243.JPG

1104675283_6-Teaetctubs.JPG.d89a1c4f5a2809e7a491c9ba448d33fe.JPG

812364930_7-Backofsinkstorage.JPG.fc4d93457a97d771c0fd9d918a599b19.JPG

1957385270_8-Wardrobeshelves.JPG.29f5312ae6004f7eac8bd315b2940e26.JPG

58848474_9-Wardrobeshelfsupport.JPG.a9fe5c56c4dcf69f4694a718c8d3bd1a.JPG

1804456123_10-Wardrobedoor.JPG.212657f88868d9154809f41db581f938.JPG

1443261755_11-Lockershelf.JPG.d8e39225b33d91493eb49f13e03b15cb.JPG

1944124078_12-TVcupboardshelf.JPG.92faffac53a6a456ee8fb558aac24efb.JPG

1849095129_13-Tablestorage.JPG.0cf67e7633be5f24079ac7e0cbf3e9bb.JPG

1279494003_14-Greencarpet.JPG.d5b49bf8d3a1184ae6d9d88fb0ab7993.JPG

1739663446_15-Royalstoragebin.JPG.ded429d0d10f2242b922a11754e9e064.JPG

358425838_16-Gaslocker.JPG.165f4ee884a6088b8af47630f1b71157.JPG

760177732_17-HandleandTazzy.JPG.5f8fda492acf6cc6ec41ace3f74bbe35.JPG

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green and purple! to much time at uni methinks :D

How much more are you going to cram in? I'd thought of a few extra shelves to put in, but in end have decided to only put in one so that things are more to hand in galley, anything else would be a waste as we normaly run with only about 25 to 50% of storage full. Last month we where carrying two frame tents and all equipment and most of lugage for seven of us and thought we'd got van storage areas about as full as possible, then when we got back I realised there's one compartment we've never put anything in. *-)

Not 'cramming' stuff in at all :D ... just getting it sorted that's all - it isn't as messy as it looks in the photos as I took them before I tidied up! We do, however, have 3 dogs as well as us, so we have 3 x dog beds, a 'bucket' of toys, leads, dog coats, towels, food/treats/medicines etc so more than just a couple of people would need to take with them, therefore organisation is the key. I shelved out the wardrobe to make it more efficient for clothes etc storage and easier to get at too. I've actually removed some of the scatter cushions, dog toys and other sundries so there's less in it that there was. :-D

(lol) (lol) Mel you have just given John a Heart Attack !! Where are your clothes and food ??

Your loose covers are neat :-D not sure about the colour !! bit bright for me ;-) but they are cosy looking ,

Im not having as many fixtures as you though Im just buying a draining board no rack, my kitchen roll I just stand on its end and shove in a cupboard when on the move, dogs towels toys coats etc; go in a long bag meant for car paraphernalia ! two dog beds they are a bit of a nuisance but I stuff them at the front beside the driver passenger seats (hopefully) once stopped, as they will probably spend most of the time sat on the passenger bench :-S Im thinking they are a waste of space anyway, toys NOPE a couple of balls is all they are taking. I only take two containers (oblong ) one for tea bags another for musli coffee I decant into a plastic jar (that wont be out) its the pans and plastic jugs/salad bowls etc Im worried about those cupboards dont look very deep at all. Never mind Ill cross that bridge when we come to it .

They is NO way Im putting shelves in the wardrobe!! shoes hopefully Ill put at the bottom in something !

anyway there is NO chance of you seeing my clutter (lol) and Im married to some-one that says YOUR NOT TAKING THAT so Watch this space!! >:-)

Guest JudgeMental

my kitchen towel holder is a bungy strung between two over head locker catches :D

wife has stopped me putting shelves in wardrobe as I usually do....it is a total waste of space :-S

Guest JudgeMental
pelmetman - 2012-09-27 3:57 PM

Picture 3 Mel......... tut tut *-)...............I've no wish to be pedantic.....but..... you haven't got your gather spread very evenly :D

was thinking the same but did not want to say :-S

JudgeMental - 2012-09-27 4:20 PM

pelmetman - 2012-09-27 3:57 PM

Picture 3 Mel......... tut tut *-)...............I've no wish to be pedantic.....but..... you haven't got your gather spread very evenly :D

was thinking the same but did not want to say :-S

... that's because I'm taking them back out to shorten them and put 'proper' hanging fastenings on them ... then I'll be gathering them correctly and putting them back in. :D

I can understand Dave noticing this seeing as he's a "pouffe stuffer and pelmet tweaker", but I'm surprised at you Judge for spotting this as I never thought you were interested in this sort of 'hanging'!!! (lol)

Maggy

I like the colour of my covers, fortunately they're not quite as bright as they appear on the photo - did I tell you that purple is my favourite colour? :D

Food - most of it is in the bottom part of the cupboard under the hob - it's extremely large and I've got 2 baskets in there, one on top of the other, with all my tinned stuff and packet/dried stuff nice packed in - it makes it easier to retrieve stuff too as I just lift the basket out and rummage, rather than try to fish around in the cupboard itself.

Pans etc - the top half of the cupboard has my pans, pressure cooker, salad spinner, collander etc in it (the frying pans/double skillet are in the grill). Surprise, surprise though ... I may put another couple of shelves in the cupboard and/or pull-out drawer type baskets to make it easier to retrieve stuff - no point in struggling for the sake of it!!!! :D The jugs and other bits and bobs are either in the cupboard above the hob along with the mugs, kettle etc (it's actually quite large) and the tubs and smaller bits live in the bottom of the 2 'kitchen' drawers. The drawers are quite deep and in the top one I have a large full width cutlery tray at the bottom with a couple of smaller ones sat on top, so I have a 'double layer'. The plates, bowls, chopping boards etc are in the lockers above the dinette, whilst they're not deep enough for the plates to sit flat, I've cut the front section off a normal-type plate rack and it wedges perfectly between the front lip and the back of the cupboard with the plates stood up in it, I use paper plates etc which help to wedge them in place to stop them rattling on the move (see picture below of similar rack). This still leaves lots of space for stuff like cereals, bread, biscuits and the like.

Clothes - there are already some in the lockers above the bed - they're not very tall but they are actually quite deep. The wardrobe will have the rest in - most of the stuff you can see was just dumped in there whilst we went out in the van the other day, shoes will remain but be put at the bottom and that will leave the rest of the shelves for clothes etc.

I like to be 'organised' in the van, once it's all sorted and everything has its place, I won't have to bother anymore - I'm making a list of what's going where, especially for the stuff in the underseat lockers as I couldn't find my spare kitchen roll the other day! :$

As for only taking TWO balls for your dogs ... I don't think ours would stand for that!!! 8-) They'd have massive sulks I'm sure - they all have 'favourite' types of toys so we have to take a selection. I have point blank refused to take Lily's large 'panda' cushion which she shuggles up to on a night though as it's bigger than her!!! *-)

I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised at just how much storage space there actually is in the van Maggy, you might even be able to take THREE balls for your dogs!!! (lol)

You know Mel these two would rather play tumble with each other Teddy has lost interest in toys unless its what Tilly happens to be playing with (lol) but non of there toys are large! well they couldnt be as they are only small!! sqeeky balls are Tilly's favourate and she can drive you mad or have you in stitches

By the way I noticed the boomarang!! we,d probably decapitate ours if I threw that sorry but I think you have overindulged dogs LOL spoiled rotten !! only kidding dont shout!!

Im glad about the other storage area,s you had me quite worried I thought you had shown us all of it ;-) !!

Im only joking about the colour it was my late Mums favourite colour as well she called it lavender :-D .

I will have to be careful what I use as these two shed and anything dark and nylon y will attract the hairs something awful my red fleece is a constant chore brushing it.

That grill must be a decent size then ! the one in our van only holds the frill pan and maybe a tray, so that's another plus.

I was sure the van we saw had a stainless steel plate rack!

At the moment I have a hanger thing for the shoes that I bought from a pound shop it hangs from the rail in the wardrobe and each section I can get two pairs of shoes in shoe/sandals or Toms Im hoping I can use it without shortening it too much.

Im really JEALOUS of you tinkering around your van J rang to-day they are saying we should have it within a couple of weeks.

Not too bothered at the moment though my eldest Son was returning to his caravan near Danby on the moors in the dark and came across a flooded road in the dark in his Volvo he crawled through it but just before he reached the other side his nose tipped down !!!! his beautiful car could be a rightoff!! as soon as he opened the door to get out water flooded in !! and its a Diesel his Van had to be brought home by my daughter and hubby and the garage took his car away on a low loader, needles to say the last couple of days have been a nightmare.

:-S :-(

maggyd - 2012-09-27 9:33 PM

You know Mel these two would rather play tumble with each other Teddy has lost interest in toys unless its what Tilly happens to be playing with (lol)

Oh yes ... don't they always ... Tazzy's favourite trick is to wait until Romy drops her tennis ball then she runs off with it, Romy then wonders where it's gone and when she realises all hell breaks loose as they tear around the place!!! *-)

... sqeeky balls are Tilly's favourate and she can drive you mad or have you in stitches

Ours like any toys that make a noise - at present Lily is very taken with a football sized yellow fluffy bird ... I didn't realise it made a noise until she got hold of it and found out how to make it 'whistle'!!! *-)

By the way I noticed the boomarang!! we,d probably decapitate ours if I threw that sorry but I think you have overindulged dogs LOL spoiled rotten !! only kidding dont shout!!

I'll tell them you said they're spoilt, but I don't think they'd agree although you're probably right! (LOL)

I will have to be careful what I use [for seats] as these two shed and anything dark and nylony will attract the hairs something awful my red fleece is a constant chore brushing it.

That's the beauty of using the curtain material - it's suede effect so nothing sticks to it, any hairs just sit on it and can be easily brushed off, and as it's treated if liquid goes on it (think knocked-over cuppa!) it just sits on it for a while so you have time to dry it off before it soaks though. :-D

At the moment I have a hanger thing for the shoes that I bought from a pound shop it hangs from the rail in the wardrobe and each section I can get two pairs of shoes in shoe/sandals or Toms Im hoping I can use it without shortening it too much.

That's exactly what we used in our Flash but having the clothes on hangers were a pain as stuff got jammed together and was difficult to fish out, especially since we also stored the dog food in the bottom - trying to grope around for the tub of dog biscuits, food etc was a nuisance - with Romy being a largish dog we have to carry more than you'll need to for your two tiddlers! I didn't bother to shorten ours as the excess just nestled at the bottom.

Im really JEALOUS of you tinkering around your van J rang to-day they are saying we should have it within a couple of weeks.

Oooooo ... I bed you'll hardly sleep just dreaming about it!!!! (LOL)

Oooooo ... I bed you'll hardly sleep just dreaming about it!!!! (lol)

Behave yourself Mel !! I was talking of the dogs beds !! they would much prefer to sleep on ours (lol) its going to be fun as its narrower than ours at home.

O.H brother came yesterday telling us he had seen an Alto at Cleveland Motorhomes and tried to talk us into getting the Swift Bollero instead *-) they just dont get it why we want to downsize, anyway we had a look this morning its a 2012 so wont be the same as ours BUT I was a bit shocked at the small wardrobe its half the size of yours, the fridge is smaller than I would have liked but Im hoping I can re-arrange the shelves so giving me a larger salad container :-S people that had been to Catterick and had seen the new one said it did have a microwave and I have checked the BECKs site who have the new one in stock and it looks right, they have done away with the t.v cabinet I think to put it in.

Sitting in the driving seat it looks manageable for me to drive so that's a big plus. I'm going to have to rethink a lot of my cooking needs pans etc; microwave dishes as well as pans, I don't think Ill be using the grill much as I take a small electric toaster so I can line the insides with rubber roll for storing things in it.

The seats are much darker than the 12 looks like dark brown, fawn with an orange stripe, I can live with that but like you I think loose covers will be the order of the day .

Underbed storage looks fine! plenty of room there I have a couple of collapsible storage boxes that ill put in there .

Bathroom tiny but plenty of room eithre side of loo and the roll holder has been moved to the right of it, the shower curtain looks as if its gone!! their a pain anyway and I intend when and if we use it! to use it as a hand shower :-) better than nothing and one of the compromises I was willing to put up with.

They seem to be getting these 2013 models everywhere but Marquis we are bound to be the last John thinks its something to do with the Grand Opening in Oct; I just dont want ours on display for people like us >:-) opening and closing doors and nosing about. ;-)

Well, we've put the Fiamma F65 awning on today. By heck it was heavy - hubby wasn't happy up a step ladder either (doesn't like heights, not even 3ft!!!) so he nearly chickened out altogether! *-) But I 'convinced' him to get up there and we got it on in the end. :->

Although it's long (at 3.7m - only just a bit shorter than the one we had on our 7.23m Rimor!!! :D ) it looks very nice and 'fits' very well, 'hugging' the top of the van; when opening it very gently skims the very top of the outside light (why don't they think of awnings etc when they put stuff on vans? *-) ). It is a quality piece of kit and I can envisage it will actually get a lot more use than any of the awnings on our previous 'vans.

1554086495_Fiammaawning.JPG.3d488a5d3957cac36c759563b46ead3d.JPG

Looks good Mel :-D I dont think the Thurma is as long as yours it comes short a couple of inches from the end.

Did you have any problems drilling and fixing the bracket inside? I dont think we could do it as our bathroom is at the end :-S just as well they are fitting it, I know we have a bracket in our top cupboards with our Fiama F45 .

Maggy - You don't have to drill anything fortunately on the new Ducato as on top of the van, along each of the edges in the 'gulley', are 4 'mushroom' type fixings each side. I bought the proper Fiamma fitting kit which had 2 brackets, fixings, bolts and lock nuts, and a weather strip in it, and I just added the adhesive (from O'leary).

I used the 'mushrooms' at the front and rear to attach the brackets to using the fixings, with adhesive underneath, I then stuck the weather strip on between the 2 brackets. Then came the 'hard' part ... lifting the awning up onto the roof!!!! 8-) Having positions step ladders at either end, I carefully lifted one end onto the cross bar of one set of steps, whilst hubby held the other end, then I held the awning whilst he went up the other steps and I lifted the awning up to him there (good job I'm not a wimp!!!! :D ). Once I'd returned to the other steps, we used our shoulders to support the ends of the awning whilst we climbed the steps and managed to place one end on the front of the van, then the other end. Phew!!!! :-S We then popped it onto the brackets and pushed it into the top and bottom slots on each one, I then put securing bolts in each one to keep it in place.

Not difficult to do, but time consuming and obviously you have to be able to lift the flipping awning up there!

1251129884_fiammakit.png.8a6af21de92b0f15d1ebd914e9438bc9.png

kelly58 - 2012-10-01 5:37 PM

Top Job it looks like it came from the factory already fitted.

Thanks Kelvyn - it's a very good colour match, only a slightly lighter in colour than the van.

I wound it out and it's massive!!!!! 8-) We'll probably need loud hailers to speak to each other if we're at opposite ends! :D Just gotta find a 'home' for the winding handle now. :-S

Brilliant :-D I think you have missed your vocation ;-) you,ll be getting orders from people to fix theirs,

what a good idea having the bolts already in place. (lol) Did you notice while you were up there the fixing point for a satellite dish ?? (lol)

I know where your coming from with the balancing thing my O.H Son and the little one in the middle ;-) fitted an electric opening on our garage roll door !! now that was a begger.!! alright once we got it into the side brackets but balancing on steps at either end was tricky :-D works brilliantly and saved about £200 by doing it ourselves.

Whats next?

Still need a short TV bracket for above the dinette seat so we can move the TV there if we want. I've got my eye on a few on Ebay so will see which is the best one for the job.

I've got a piece of thin timber from B&Q to make a retainer edge for the back of the kitchen unit so that'll be the next job - I'll need to sand and paint it to match the worktop then fit it - as I don't want to fix it permanently I'll probably just use some silicone sealant as that can be scraped off in the future if needs be and will obviously stop any water etc getting between the worktop and the retainer.

Been doing a few more jobs in the van today ... :D Photos below:

Photos 1. to 3. I mentioned that I was going to make some sort of splash back/retainer to stop stuff accidentally dropping off the back of the kitchen unit, the photos show the front and rear of it which is a strip of thin wood which I've covered with some stick-on edging strip and used some stick on cable clips to secure it to the rear of the worktop - this means that if I want I can remove it to clean it (and it can all be removed without a trace if needs be).

Photos 4. to 5. Today when we opened the sliding door a torch fell out of the door pocket into the runner, it was a pig to retrieve as it jammed itself there ... as the retaining edge of the pockets is quite shallow we couldn't make much use of them anyway so I have cut down an thin plastic flexible chopping board to half-fill the openings and have used some Velcro stick-on squares to secure them in place.

Photo 6. I've also used a cafe net curtain bar across the top shelf of the cupboard over the hob so that nothing can drop out onto the glass below.

1173268309_1-Worktopsplashbackfront.JPG.6029e61cbafacdbbd60f4e4acf4f1ce6.JPG

1028275023_2-Worktopsplashbackrear.JPG.9d1ef7efb84c0e80391a185250a92ca0.JPG

1598200154_3-Worktopsplashbackclip.jpg.5b533d2f33fd0f0ecb7dfdf4e1c4b6b6.jpg

397118080_4-Doorpockets.JPG.c9561e1e11000a4edde38349b31d2705.JPG

1262581608_5-DoorPocketchoppingboardandVelcro.JPG.5256acba78aa34f976dc8b48f4ea89a5.JPG

1022581602_6-Cupboardbar.JPG.477a0b390f4eb10f21aa2b66c495eec5.JPG

I hope you have put these on the Swift talk Mel? I think when you have paid all that money for a van you shouldn't need to do all these alterations!!

That board at the back of the work top is a prime example of forward thinking on the part of the design team! I wonder if they have ever prepared a meal on these work surfaces! you did a good job by the way.

Im wondering if Lakeland might have something to use on the top cupboard

that works the same as your curtain rod! I can see that it would be easy to open the cupboard and something fall out especially after you have been driving about, my kitchen roll often jumps at me when we stop. Im going to be a cupboard short I think as they have put a microwave in one.

• 2 weeks later...

On an earlier posting I mentioned that the decals on our van were coming away:

Mel B - 2012-08-29 9:49 PM

Once they'd changed the batteries we were then given a short hand-over and we commented on the large black band decals (to make it look like a factory type window van) which were coming away around the windows and at one edge, we’d spotted some of this when we saw it at the Malvern show and mentioned it then. Unfortunately as the decals are in two layers they can't simply be re-stuck, so it will need a completely new set of black band decals for both sides which they’ve ordered! It will probably mean taking the outside window frames off, cleaning it all up, then putting it all back again and making it watertight ... I can see that we’ll be having lots more hot chocolate!!! :$

I emailed Swift to ask if they could be replaced there rather than our dealer have to do it as it would be a big job (remove all windows, some external fittings etc, clean it all down, then put on the graphics and refit everything). Swift responded initially that they'd arrange for the graphics company to do the work at the dealer's premises, however, as it would mean a couple of return trips because we'd have to leave the van with them as it would take quite a bit of time to do the work and cost us near on £100 for fuel and bridge tolls (2 vehicles) I asked if the graphics company could do it at Swift rather than us have to go back to the dealer.

Swift agreed so it is going in to them on Monday to have it sorted ... hubby has also spotted that the rear door windows are at slightly different heights so they're going to have a look at that too. Very impressed with the service. :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the rear door windows and decals.

Windows: they are 'within specification' so no re-adjustment will be done - I'm not bothered as we only mentioned it to let them know, rather than have them altered, which we didn't want doing anyway as I don't know how it'd be sorted and the inner panels are already cut to fit them as they are - as the bike rack is in front of one anyway you don't notice the slight difference unless you really have a good look anyway.

Decals: the van went into Swift last Monday morning at 9.00 am and we met with the graphics guy and the chap from Swift. The graphics guy told us how he'd do the job and also told the guy from Swift that afterwards they'd need to put a small bead of sealant round the windows etc to finish the job off.

The graphics were replaced on Monday and Swift were then going to do the sealant on Tuesday so we expected to get the van back later that day. As we hadn't heard anything by late Tuesday hubby rang and was told that as the chap who was going to examine the windows wasn't on site until Wednesday, so we agreed to leave it with then. By Friday morning we hadn't had a call to go and pick up the van so hubby rang and left a message asking for a call back to let us know what was happening/when we could collect it. At 2.30 pm we still hadn't had a call so he rang again and found that they had closed at 2.00 pm! I PM'd the technical chap (via the SwiftTalk forum) but he didn't know why they still had our van so we had no alternative but to wait until Monday (today).

This morning hubby rang around 11.00 am and shortly after we got a phone call to say it was ready so we arranged to go straight away to collect it. As our van was outside near the security booth, whilst we were waiting for the Swift chap, we had a look round it. When the chap arrived we told him we weren't happy with it as we'd found some problems:

- The decals, whilst applied without a single crease or bubble, were cut short of the horizontal 'joints' in the van's body, most weren't straight and some tapered by up to 10mm.

- On the offside rear the silver strip above the large black decals had come away by about 10mm at one end, however instead of re-sticking it, or putting on a new strip altogether, he had simply cut off the loose part and then cut the new decals down along the same 'line' so there was now a large gap - he hadn't even matched it on the other side.

- Round the cab passenger's window he had done a neat job, but on the driver's side he hadn't as it didn't follow the curve round the window in the same way and the end wasn't finished off in the same way, it also wasn't level with the rest of the decals on that side as he had 'lifted' it up slightly at the front.

- Looking at the windows we noticed that some of the decal edge was overlapping the rubber surrounds so needed trimming and obviously realised that Swift hadn't done the sealant to make them weather tight as they'd have realised the problem with the overlap if they had - some water had already got under the outer edge of the rubber and by pressing on it we could actually make it 'blow bubbles'!!!!

To say we weren't very happy is an understatement! >:-(

The only saving grace is that we hadn't taken the van to the dealers for it to be done there ... it would have been extremely annoying if we'd spent an hour going there for nothing (we've had that before with a 'large' dealership and played merry hell especially since they knew the job was a bad one before we got there and the attitude of their reception staff was ... well that's another story!!!).

So, we're now back to square one! *-) The decals will need completely re-doing which means taking them off, cleaning the van up again, and applying a new set, then Swift will need to do the sealant ... hopefully they'll remember this time, at least with them NOT doing it that's one less thing to have to clean off!!! :-S

The daftest part is that the chap who did the graphics actually comes from Bedfordshire!!!! So he's going to have to come up and do the job all over again ... he's not going to be a happy bunny at all - maybe he should have done the job properly in the first place! 8-)

Archived