Maybe its not a myth?...............

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
tonyg3nwl - 2014-07-12 9:10 AM

Gas can come in bottle size containers, probaby labelled as x percent proof,, surely a much more likely explanation.

tonyg3nwl

Just a point of order ;-)..................How do the local ner-do-wells know the occupants are p****d? :-S..........

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-07-12 10:31 AM

Gas can come in bottle size containers, probaby labelled as x percent proof,, surely a much more likely explanation.

tonyg3nwl

Just a point of order ;-)..................How do the local ner-do-wells know the occupants are p****d? :-S..........

What was it BK said about engaging brain before hitting keyboard?

Who has ever intimated that the thieves know if their target is drunk? There are numerous examples reported of motorhomers discovering that someone is trying to break into their 'van and rob them. Thieves can easily check if someone is in a deep sleep by making a bit of noise and if the occupants don't wake they know that they can carry on with their robbery.

On occasions the robbery is successful because the owners are very tired after a hard day's travelling and very often have had a glass of wine or two which ensures that they sleep even more deeply.

They then wake up to find that they've been robbed and rather than admit that they've been stupid in parking in a silly place and not having decent security, and being not-too-bright and unable to work out why these tales of gassing are ludicrous bilge, they decide that they've been gassed as well.

I'm sure that some of them believe that they've been gassed but some people will believe any old tripe because they don't seem to have the cognitive ability to dissect the evidence and work out that gassing is an impossibility. The most worrying thing is that they can't comprehend that thieves with this so-called advanced knowledge, and accessibility to the most sophisticated anaesthesia techniques, are targeting caravans and not the bedrooms of the rich where the pickings would be worthwhile.

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-07-12 10:52 AM

pelmetman - 2014-07-12 10:31 AM

tonyg3nwl

What was it BK said about engaging brain before hitting keyboard?

Who has ever intimated that the thieves know if their target is drunk? There are numerous examples reported of motorhomers discovering that someone is trying to break into their 'van and rob them. Thieves can easily check if someone is in a deep sleep by making a bit of noise and if the occupants don't wake they know that they can carry on with their robbery.

On occasions the robbery is successful because the owners are very tired after a hard day's travelling and very often have had a glass of wine or two which ensures that they sleep even more deeply.

They then wake up to find that they've been robbed and rather than admit that they've been stupid in parking in a silly place and not having decent security, and being not-too-bright and unable to work out why these tales of gassing are ludicrous bilge, they decide that they've been gassed as well.

I'm sure that some of them believe that they've been gassed but some people will believe any old tripe because they don't seem to have the cognitive ability to dissect the evidence and work out that gassing is an impossibility. The most worrying thing is that they can't comprehend that thieves with this so-called advanced knowledge, and accessibility to the most sophisticated anaesthesia techniques, are targeting caravans and not the bedrooms of the rich where the pickings would be worthwhile.

I see your ego reduction surgery went well Frank ;-)....................

I just raised a fair point, that there does appear to be a certain consistency amongst the reports of those who believe they were gassed ;-).....................

for example..........." We also both had a thick head and a sore throat in the morning and just felt ill"..................Is a regular description provided by the victims.........

Being partial to the fruits of Bacchus myself, I tend to find I sleep badly if I overindulge......But not as badly when I'm stopping overnight on services, as the none stop vehicle movement tend to keep me awake :-(......

It's hardly surprising the RCoA gave Brian the reply they did................Because to say what gas was used would be the equivalent of posting bomb making plans on the web 8-)...............

Also I'd be surprised if they'd need or want to pump the camper full of gas :-|..................just enough to reach the occupants sleeping at seat level, besides the ner-do wells wouldn't want to sniff their own would they :D..........

I notice the subjects of this article have a rear lounge ;-)...........So maybe us folk who sleep in the overcab are safer?...............

Just adding a bit more grist to the rumour mill :D.................

Had Enough - 2014-07-11 10:48 AM

I've just had a minor operation under general anaesthetic. Prior to the anaesthetist coming to my room nurses took my blood pressure and checked my heart. The anaesthetist then paid me a visit and asked other questions about my general health.

All this is because keeping someone in that limbo between life and death requires five years of medical training and, during the operation, the anaesthetist uses all his skills and his expensive monitoring equipment to ensure that you are not given too much or too little of whatever gas and drugs are keeping you free from pain without stopping your heart.

But despite all the obvious evidence to the contrary, we still have people who think that the kind of petty thief who is at the lowest end of the criminal food chain is capable of procuring sophisticated anaesthetic gasses and introducing just enough into a motorhome to send an adult to sleep but not kill a child.

We still have people who can't work out why no one has ever found an abandoned gas cylinder after these robberies, and to fill a motorhome with enough gas would take very large cylinders.

We still have people who can't work out why criminals with such sophisticated and expensive anaesthetic materials, and with the skills to administer just enough of them, are targeting caravans and motorhomes. Possibly it's because of the vast wealth in them in jewels, money and other valuables? Mmmmm, have to think about that one!

For God's sake folks, stop and think for five minutes!

That's it in a nutshell, good post.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2014-07-11 11:36 AM

How many reports has anyone read of mystery corpses being found in caravans/motorhomes, or of people being disturbed by odd noises and waking to smell funny gases? It seems always to be the case that the afflicted miraculously wake up to tell the tale, and complain of feeling woozy afterwards. I find that very strange indeed. That is why I asked the question of the RCoA.

Which is what makes me curious Brian ;-)......................why both occupants report the same symptoms? :-S..............I see no gain to be made re an insurance claim by suggesting you were gassed? :-S.............

The lack of campers with dead bodies is not surprising, as I'd of thought how ever it is done takes minutes rather than hours :-|.............so would expect any noxious gasses to disperse as soon as entry is gained ;-).............

As for the lack of gas containers.................Frank is clearly not a tradesman :D......as any one worth his salt would leave his tools behind ....................besides we all know its cheaper to get a refill than buy a new bottle ;-)..................

Just putting an alternative view Brian :->...................

Not that these stories will make any difference to our Moho habits B-)......

PS...........Another thought just occurred to me :-D.................If these noxious gases are likely to leak out of my camper faster than they're being pumped in.................why have I fitted a carbon monoxide alarm??? 8-).......

Guest Had Enough
Easyliving - 2014-07-12 12:39 PM

Had Enough - 2014-07-11 10:48 AM

I've just had a minor operation under general anaesthetic. Prior to the anaesthetist coming to my room nurses took my blood pressure and checked my heart. The anaesthetist then paid me a visit and asked other questions about my general health.

All this is because keeping someone in that limbo between life and death requires five years of medical training and, during the operation, the anaesthetist uses all his skills and his expensive monitoring equipment to ensure that you are not given too much or too little of whatever gas and drugs are keeping you free from pain without stopping your heart.

But despite all the obvious evidence to the contrary, we still have people who think that the kind of petty thief who is at the lowest end of the criminal food chain is capable of procuring sophisticated anaesthetic gasses and introducing just enough into a motorhome to send an adult to sleep but not kill a child.

We still have people who can't work out why no one has ever found an abandoned gas cylinder after these robberies, and to fill a motorhome with enough gas would take very large cylinders.

We still have people who can't work out why criminals with such sophisticated and expensive anaesthetic materials, and with the skills to administer just enough of them, are targeting caravans and motorhomes. Possibly it's because of the vast wealth in them in jewels, money and other valuables? Mmmmm, have to think about that one!

For God's sake folks, stop and think for five minutes!

That's it in a nutshell, good post.

Thank you, but as you can see there are still those who are incapable of rational thought and will believe any old tosh that they read, despite overwhelming evidence that most twelve-year-olds could understand.

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-07-12 12:17 PM

I just raised a fair point, that there does appear to be a certain consistency amongst the reports of those who believe they were gassed ;-).....................

Of course there is. They're thick. And having read previous reports from other thick people they convince themselves that they're feeling a bit muggy!

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-07-12 1:51 PM

Of course there is. They're thick. And having read previous reports from other thick people they convince themselves that they're feeling a bit muggy!

They didn't look thick to me 8-).......................I'd of thought a closed mind is a example of being thick ;-)............to my open mind I think its a subject that requires further investigation............now that there appears to be a number of similar incidents :-|.......................

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-07-12 2:00 PM

They didn't look thick to me 8-).......................I'd of thought a closed mind is a example of being thick ;-)............to my open mind I think its a subject that requires further investigation............now that there appears to be a number of similar incidents :-|.......................

Intelligent people don't have closed minds. They examine the evidence which in this case is so overwhelming that anyone with only an average IQ can understand why gassing in motorhomes is an impossibility.

Worse than a closed mind though is one that, having read such overwhelming evidence, continues to come up with ever more silly arguments in order to try to convince himself that all the people contradicting him are the ones who are wrong.

Have you actually read the posts in this thread?

Do you really believe that the RCoA would deliberately lie?

Do you really believe that no other medical experts would be eager to point out that the RCoA is lying and confirm that gassing is a reality?

You can get anything on the web these days, including information on how to make bombs, but according to you the fact that not one medical expert has confirmed this nonsense is just another big conspiracy.

And you talk about closed minds! You just have to laugh!

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-07-12 2:12 PM

pelmetman - 2014-07-12 2:00 PM

Intelligent people don't have closed minds. They examine the evidence which in this case is so overwhelming that anyone with only an average IQ can understand why gassing in motorhomes is an impossibility.

Worse than a closed mind though is one that, having read such overwhelming evidence, continues to come up with ever more silly arguments in order to try to convince himself that all the people contradicting him are the ones who are wrong.

Have you actually read the posts in this thread?

Do you really believe that the RCoA would deliberately lie?

Do you really believe that no other medical experts would be eager to point out that the RCoA is lying and confirm that gassing is a reality?

You can get anything on the web these days, including information on how to make bombs, but according to you the fact that not one medical expert has confirmed this nonsense is just another big conspiracy.

And you talk about closed minds! You just have to laugh!

If its impossible for gas to build up in a camper :-S................Why are we advised to fit CO2 alarms? ;-)................

Although I do admire your touching confidence in the medical establishment :D..............Now should I take statins or not? :-S..................I guess it depends on which expert you ask :-|..........

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-07-12 2:24 PM

If its impossible for gas to build up in a camper :-S................Why are we advised to fit CO2 alarms? ;-)................

Although I do admire your touching confidence in the medical establishment :D..............Now should I take statins or not? :-S..................I guess it depends on which expert you ask :-|..........

You continue to show how utterly silly you are and how incapable you are of rational thought. Where have I ever said that gas can't build up in a camper? Of course it can. If enough is pumped in a lot will escape but, depending on the volume going in, it could easily build up.

But you seem incapable of understanding that this is one of the main reasons why gassing is impossible. As has already been explained to you just a little too much gas will kill you. What will sedate an adult will kill a child.

But still, the moronic amongst us continue to assert that toe-rag criminals at the bottom of the food chain (come on, they're robbing caravans for God's sake) can, with all these variables, introduce just enough gas to put people to sleep without killing them.

It's just scary that you can't grasp the obvious!

And as for faith in the medical profession, yes I have as they are the main reason why we're all living twenty years longer than a few generations ago but you, as usual, hate anyone who is more intelligent, more successful or richer than you. So that's big business, lawyers, doctors etc. etc.

You're a bit sad you know?

I shall now give up. Despite what you accuse others of you are the main person on this forum who believes that only he is right. Your constant denigration of anyone who doesn't agree with you about running old bangers, your unwillingness to accept that you can't be wrong on this gassing nonsense, despite evidence that a twelve-year old could understand, shows you for what you really are, a self opinionated bore.

I shall leave to your ludicrous and unintelligent theories about gassing. It's like arguing with an thick child.

Oh, and the next time you're ill, don't bother going to the medical experts. I'm sure your local plumber will be able to sort you out. Who needs these highly trained clever blokes eh?

You are :-S , of cause ;-) correct Dave.. B-) ..It is all one :-> BIG cover up :-S ..perpetrated by :-S the British Medical Council, :'( , the Royal College of Anaesthetists ..and teams of foreign scallies...

How could we have been so blind..? 8-)

(..I dare say, representatives of each are holed up somewhere as we speak, dividing up their spoils..)

I'm sure we (and the relevant authorities) eagerly await the findings of your extensive "further investigations".........

As for whether or not you should take prescribed medication?...well, when/if the need ever arises, maybe you should ignore the advice of your GP..and just Google what the Daily Mail(or similar)have to say?......and again, we'd eagerly await your findings......

Sorry HE,crossed posts

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-07-12 2:48 PM

a self opinionated bore.

Or is that someone who's opinion doesn't concur with yours Frank ;-)............

But you've livened up a wet day in Scotland :D....

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2014-07-12 2:52 PM

maybe you should ignore the advice of your GP.

Trouble is which one do you ignore? :-S................

Even the BMA couldn't make up their mind for ages ;-).............currently I believe they're in the yes camp?............but that was a few weeks ago :D..............

Younger daughter is an anethasist. Asked her for her professional opinion. Reply was, could I please get her some of this gas as it was obviously far, far superior to anything she has available.

Its obvious benefits are:

1) Non toxic to all patients without having any knowledge of their medical condition, or the interior volume of the vehicle, or the number of patients in the vehicle.

2) Perfectly safe to use for the operator.

3) Clears in seconds after being turned off (so that the thieves can enter the vehicle and remove goods).

4) The only known side effect is a headache.

5) Must be very cheap (given the number of gassings taking place per year).

6) Works on animals as well as humans (so it must have a use in vetenary medicine).

7) Non-flammable.

pelmetman - 2014-07-12 3:01 PM

pepe63 - 2014-07-12 2:52 PM

maybe you should ignore the advice of your GP.

Trouble is which one do you ignore? :-S........

Ignore them all..

...and instead just consult the editor of which ever Daily Rag you happen to be reading at the time.....

We had an attempted break in this year while staying on a site in Spain. (No gas )

I woke in the middle of the night to the sound of a "thump" I shouted (as i does when awoken suddenly!!)

what was that. Never heard any more , but did see a torch light , so assumed it was a security guard, doing his rounds. A couple of days later we noticed that the passenger door lock had been pushed in slightly. We can only assume that some -one had tried to push the lock up in order to open the door!.Being a right hand drive , maybe he thought he was trying the drivers side??

Any way apart from the door needing to be pushed out slightly no other damage.

Needless to say we will not b e going back to that site, there was not a lot there anyway for us!.

PJay

We are off to France this afternoon for a month and I'm taking no chances!

We have three types of security alarms fitted, Fruitcake© gas masks for us and our two hungry Rottweiler dogs, an AK-47, stun grenades, armour-plating fitted to all vulnerable areas, cameras front/rear and sides, shatter proof sun vents and a multitude of warning stickers in most European languages.

The armaments we take through Customs should be no problem as Border Control staff are almost certainly aware of the Gas Attack gangs and I believe they originally coined the saying “Gassed as a Newt!” (at least I thought that was what they said!)

The Motorhome will probably stick out like a sore thumb on most Aires and Camp sites but I feel it's better to be prepared than travel without proper prevention against gas attack gangs combing the back roads throughout France seeking to pinch a few Euros from vulnerable Brits.

We will off course remain completely sober during the long nights as we stand guard against these villains (Ed. – I don't bl**dy well think so!)

Please wish us 'bon voyage' and with the precautions we have taken we believe being gassed is one less thing to worry about.

Guest pelmetman

It appears that many forumites agree with Frank, that the victims of these incidents are all "Thicko P*ssheads" ;-)............

Well how about this for a theory? >:-).......................given that the common denominator with these robberies is.... the victims wake up in the morning, both suffering the same symptoms?.......to quote.... " We also both had a thick head and a sore throat in the morning and just felt ill. Whatever we were breathing in wasn’t nice."

Curiously these symptoms are very similar to mild CO2 poisoning 8-)................So we have a possible gas, not some secret KGB knockout gas but common garden Carbon Monoxide :-|...............

Now where does the ner-do-well obtain this gas from?.........well all he needs to do is stick a hose up his exhaust pipe to get as much as he wants..............naturally it'll need to be a bargain banger without a catalytic converter :D..........

So here's the scenario.........Ner-do-well gang drives onto service station late at night in their old van, find a camper with occupants already asleep..... but they may wake up and hear a engine running?.......hardly an unusual event on a service station.............No 1 ner-do-well sticks garden hose in exhaust and camper vent.......5 or 10 minutes later enter van as occupants are unconscious..............door open exhaust fumes drain away..........campers wake up feeling like sh*te and discover they've been robbed 8-)................

Its so simple when you think about it *-)..............Unless Frank is right and they only target "Thicko P*ssheads"..........which means I should be gassed on a weekly baisis (lol) (lol) (lol)............

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-07-13 10:58 AM

It appears that many forumites agree with Frank, that the victims of these incidents are all "Thicko P*ssheads" ;-)............

Well how about this for a theory? >:-).......................given that the common denominator with these robberies is.... the victims wake up in the morning, both suffering the same symptoms?.......to quote.... " We also both had a thick head and a sore throat in the morning and just felt ill. Whatever we were breathing in wasn’t nice."

Curiously these symptoms are very similar to mild CO2 poisoning 8-)................So we have a possible gas, not some secret KGB knockout gas but common garden Carbon Monoxide :-|...............

Now where does the ner-do-well obtain this gas from?.........well all he needs to do is stick a hose up his exhaust pipe to get as much as he wants..............naturally it'll need to be a bargain banger without a catalytic converter :D..........

So here's the scenario.........Ner-do-well gang drives onto service station late at night in their old van, find a camper with occupants already asleep..... but they may wake up and hear a engine running?.......hardly an unusual event on a service station.............No 1 ner-do-well sticks garden hose in exhaust and camper vent.......5 or 10 minutes later enter van as occupants are unconscious..............door open exhaust fumes drain away..........campers wake up feeling like sh*te and discover they've been robbed 8-)................

Its so simple when you think about it *-)..............Unless Frank is right and they only target "Thicko P*ssheads"..........which means I should be gassed on a weekly baisis (lol) (lol) (lol)............

Well as you mention me (again) I'll respond. First of all the victims of these crimes aren't all thicko p*ssheads or anything else for that matter, because there are no such crimes and no victims. That's what everyone is trying to explain to you! Gassing doesn't exist! It'll sink in eventually we hope.

But, in the meantime, here we go again!

Wow, your scrotes are so clever that they can pump in just enough poisonous gas to make them sleep but not enough to kill them! Amazing!

But as usual you talk unthinking and unintelligent rubbish. Where I have said that they target thickos? How do your very clever thieves know the IQ of their intended victim? And where have I ever mentioned p*ssheads or drunkards? Does a couple of glasses of wine with dinner make someone a p*sshead?

Let me try to explain it as simply as I can as clearly you have serious problems comprehending the most simple theories.

They don't target thickos. People who wake up after a burglary are in two classes. Bright ones who immediately realise that they've been robbed whilst they sleep, end of story.

The other class is thick ones who, despite the most overwhelming evidence, immediately decide that they couldn't possibly have slept through a burglary (although thousands do every year) so they must have been gassed.

You are always making snide comments about people who think they're always right but as usual you turn out to be the worst example of this. Despite pages of evidence from the RCoA and the daughter of a member who is herself an anaesthetist, you continue to refuse to accept that perhaps you are wrong.

You come up with more and more silly, thick and outlandish theories, everyone of which, like this latest rubbish, is knocked down, but still you refuse to accept what anyone of average intelligence knows is the the truth.

And as for all waking up with the same symptoms, we've all woken up with a thick head after a hard day's driving and a couple of glasses of wine with our evening meal but these people, all of whom are unwilling to admit that they've been silly in parking somewhere unsafe, or not having decent security, will easily fool themselves into thinking that they're a bit off-colour and sometimes, when there's an insurance claim involved, they'll simply lie.

You are making yourself look both silly and opinionated at the same time and, as has been said by more than me, it really is time that you tried engaging your brain and thinking a little before coming up with even more silly theories.

Carbon monoxide eh? Brilliant that! I wonder how they know just how long to keep their engine running so that the inhabitants are sedated but not killed?

I'm sure that we're all eagerly awaiting your next futile attempt to prove that you're right. What will you come up with next? It's getting really hilarious!

Can I ask you to take these warnings very seriously, it can happen in your home as well. this morning both myself and my wife woke up with severe headaches, on going into the kitchen we noticed that someone had stolen the contents of three bottles of wine!

Not only that but they had lined the bottles up by the back door!

What a cheek.

When I bought the bottles at Lidl I noticed two shady characters talking in some Eastern European language who had clearly followed me home and calculated the volume of anaesthetic gas to knock out us and the dogs without actually killing us' identified an aperture that would apply the gas in an even and constant rate, worked out how long they had for gas to disperse so that they could enter, expertly broken in without leaving a trace and then committed their dirty deed!

You have been warned!

Guest Had Enough
Billggski - 2014-07-13 11:32 AM

Can I ask you to take these warnings very seriously, it can happen in your home as well. this morning both myself and my wife woke up with severe headaches, on going into the kitchen we noticed that someone had stolen the contents of three bottles of wine!

Not only that but they had lined the bottles up by the back door!

What a cheek.

When I bought the bottles at Lidl I noticed two shady characters talking in some Eastern European language who had clearly followed me home and calculated the volume of anaesthetic gas to knock out us and the dogs without actually killing us' identified an aperture that would apply the gas in an even and constant rate, worked out how long they had for gas to disperse so that they could enter, expertly broken in without leaving a trace and then committed their dirty deed!

You have been warned!

Thank you for that. I take it all back and I'm now convinced! :-D :-D :-D

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-07-13 11:32 AM

Carbon monoxide eh? Brilliant that! I wonder how they know just how long to keep their engine running so that the inhabitants are sedated but not killed?

I'd of thought a quick tap on the window after 5 minutes would be enough to see any ones awake ;-)....................not that I would know for sure :-S....................but I may have inadvertently stumbled across a potential income stream for us folk with old bangers :D..............

Have you got a CO2 alarm Frank? ;-)..............

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-07-13 12:05 PM

I'd of thought a quick tap on the window after 5 minutes would be enough to see any ones awake ;-

You might well 'of' thought that because you're clearly incapable of intelligent thought. On the other hand I would have thought that there's a chance that they could already be dead. So when do they stop pumping it in?

Anyway, now that the carbon monoxide theory has been shown to be total bollox, I'm sure that we're all agog to learn what your next theory will be.

Come on, keep it coming! This is hilarious!

Guest pelmetman

Well as you mention me (again) I'll respond. First of all the victims of these crimes aren't all thicko p*ssheads or anything else for that matter, because there are no such crimes and no victims. That's what everyone is trying to explain to you! Gassing doesn't exist! It'll sink in eventually we hope.

So the Daily Mail have invented these people Frank? 8-)..................

"A British couple robbed while holidaying in France believe the thieves knocked them unconscious by piping gas into their camper van.

Debbie Keeney, 54, and Bob John, 68, were just ten days into a month-long trip when they were targeted after stopping at services."

That's outrages.................It's like people suggesting the establishment would cover up for a pedophile ring *-)

Archived