Maybe its not a myth?...............

Guest pelmetman

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Robinhood - 2014-07-13 12:22 PM

pelmetman - 2014-07-13 12:05 PM

Have you got a CO2 alarm Frank? ;-)..............

....not much use detecting Carbon Monoxide....... :-S

In the context of this thread, one of the following would be more appropriate....

Fortunately Robin some of us still have a open mind on the subject ;-).....................

No doubt if more victims should dare to suggest they were gassed, then they can rely on expert O&L opinion to convince them that they were p*ssed, and to blame it on gas proves they're thick as well? :-S.......

PS...... just to add a CO2 alarm is very good at detecting vehicle fumes ;-).............

pelmetman - 2014-07-13 12:32 PM

Fortunately Robin some of us still have a open mind on the subject ;-).....................

No doubt if more victims should dare to suggest they were gassed, then they can rely on expert O&L opinion to convince them that they were p*ssed, and to blame it on gas proves they're thick as well? :-S.......

.....I also like to keep an open mind on many things,

..........................but not so open my brains fall out. ;-)

ps to your ps - I think you have one "O" too many! ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Robinhood - 2014-07-13 12:35 PM

Fortunately I'm already brainless :D...............

Not that its stops me from accepting the possibility, that the people in the story may well have been telling the truth

;-).....................

No doubt there'll be another gassing report along soon and I can open up the debate all over again >:-)..............

But its stopped raining here in Scotland so I can go outside to play now :D..................

Guest pelmetman

ps to your ps - I think you have one "O" too many! ;-)

Oh dear :$.................I appear to have got my dioxides an monoxides in a twist :D.............

In giving my real name I risk professional suicide but I can stay silent no longer. The Royal College of Anaesthetists will always deny that gassing exists, but, believe me, it’s one big cover-up. They deny it for one reason and one reason only, because they’re behind it!

Nevertheless I think it’s time that someone had the guts to tell the world just what is going on before any more lives are lost.

These gassings are real, and they’re done by real anaesthetists. When I was at medical school I was approached by an old boy of my public school and told that if I wanted to rise to the top of the profession and join the really elite band of gasmen (that’s what we call ourselves by the way) and get jobs in the top private hospitals then there was one extra little test to pass as well as my normal finals.

I and two other students were given two weeks to drive to France, book in to a campsite and target potential victims whom we could sedate and rob. Any deaths meant that we’d failed and would be stuck in grotty NHS hospitals for the rest of our careers.

The three of us rented a campervan and set off to Europe where we’d watch for potential targets. We chose couples who arrived late and had no visible extra security. They were usually tired out to begin with which would make our task easier.

We were very professional about it. We’d weigh up their likely weight and calculate the size of their motorhome or caravan and also examine such things as vents and other outlets. The trick was to pump in enough to keep them sedated but not to kill them. Regrettably, we’ve had students who’ve failed, but in every case the deaths have been assumed to be carbon monoxide poisoning, so no has been prosecuted.

In order to qualify we had to do three successful gassings, which we managed quite easily, but I do know that there were others in our year who weren’t as successful and had at least one overdose.

I am becoming very troubled by my actions and my conscience will no longer allow me to keep quiet. People have no idea how deep this goes. The College for instance is the majority shareholder in the world’s largest manufacturer of carbon monoxide detectors. So every time a student makes a mistake and kills some poor caravanner sales of these devices go through the roof! On top of this we have a mole in the Daily Mail who ensures that our successful gassings get full publicity, which sells even more gas detectors.

I qualified some years ago and with my three successful gassings under my belt I’ve had a glittering career but the time has come for me to tell the truth. I can no longer live under this canopy of lies and deception and tomorrow morning I shall be visiting the police to give them proof of this deadly conspiracy.

My only worry is that I may never make it. There are powerful people out there who’ll do anything to keep this from becoming public and believe me, under their civilised professional exterior, there are some very hard and ruthless men. Please pray for me. If this never materialises it means that I’m dead.

Dave Hugh-Iddiort B.Sc., M.A., F.R.C.S., F.R.C.A.

(lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest JudgeMental
have always thought pelmet a congenital idiot....Have revised my opinion of late, now convinced he is a complete vegatable

Guest pelmetman

Think I'll stick with the gassing theme :D.................

Could sniffing flatulence be GOOD for you? Potent gas can help prevent cancer, strokes and heart attacks, claim scientists

Researchers reveal secret health benefits of smelly gas hydrogen sulfide

Chemical is one of the gases produced as bacteria breaks down food in gut

Toxic in large doses but tiny amounts can help protect cells and fight illness

Exeter University experts say the gas has potential to be 'healthcare hero'

Scientists produce new compound to help body produce the right amount

By JULIAN ROBINSON

PUBLISHED: 17:29, 10 July 2014 | UPDATED: 21:42, 10 July 2014

The smell of flatulence has secret health benefits - and could help stave off cancer, strokes, heart attacks and dementia, scientists have revealed.

Hydrogen sulfide is one of a number of potent smelly gases produced by bacteria as it breaks down food in the gut.

It is toxic in large doses but in tiny amounts it helps protect cells and fight illness, according to experts at Exeter University.

When cells become stressed by disease they try to draw in enzymes to generate their own minute quantities of hydrogen sulfide.

The smell of flatulence has secret health benefits - and could help in the fight against strokes, heart attacks and dementia, research has revealed

The chemical helps to preserve mitochondria, which drive energy production in blood vessel cells and regulate inflammation, and without it the cell can switch off and die.

Now researchers have come up with a new compound named AP39 to assist the body in producing just the right amount of hydrogen sulfide.

They believe it will help prevent or reverse mitochondrial damage, which is a key strategy in treating conditions such as stroke, heart failure, diabetes, arthritis, dementia and ageing.

'I felt so sure my children would die if I didn't carry out these rituals:' Mother-of-three tells of crippling life with

Professor Matt Whiteman from University of Exeter’s medical school said: 'When cells become stressed by disease, they draw in enzymes to generate minute quantities of hydrogen sulfide.

'This keeps the mitochondria ticking over and allows cells to live. If this doesn’t happen, the cells die and lose the ability to regulate survival and control inflammation.

'We have exploited this natural process by making a compound, called AP39, which slowly delivers very small amounts of this gas specifically to the mitochondria.

'Our results indicate that if stressed cells are treated with AP39, mitochondria are protected and cells stay alive.'

Small amounts of hydrogen sulfide could help stave off diseases such as cancer, according to experts at Exeter University

Before it can be tested on humans, researchers have run disease models to see how effective AP39 is.

Early results show that it can help up to 80 per cent more mitochondria survive highly destructive conditions such as cardiovascular disease.

Fellow researcher Dr. Mark Wood added: 'Although hydrogen sulfide is well known as a pungent, foul-smelling gas in rotten eggs and flatulence, it is naturally produced in the body and could in fact be a healthcare hero with significant implications for future therapies for a variety of diseases.'

The study was published in the journal Medicinal Chemistry Communications.

It's official Dutch ovens are good for you(lol)

pelmetman - 2014-07-13 10:58 AM

Curiously these symptoms are very similar to mild CO2 poisoning

CO2 is Carbon dioxide OK if used in large enough quantity could suffocate the inhabitants & the sumbags could nick a couple of bottles from the nearest pub. :D

Further to my recent warning I have been attacked again, but luckily thwarted the potential gassers this time.

I woke up in the night upon hearing someone trying to vent gas into our bedroom through a balloon or something like that, there was a distinctly pungent aroma and the dogs were hiding in a corner.

I called to my wife, who was in the bathroom and opened the windows to let the gas out. What a narrow escape!

I remembered when I was at Lidl yesterday that an Eastern European couple were looking at me furtively as I was buying a chicken vindaloo, I bet it was them.

You have been warned!

Guest Had Enough
Billggski - 2014-07-14 9:42 AM

Further to my recent warning I have been attacked again, but luckily thwarted the potential gassers this time.

I woke up in the night upon hearing someone trying to vent gas into our bedroom through a balloon or something like that, there was a distinctly pungent aroma and the dogs were hiding in a corner.

I called to my wife, who was in the bathroom and opened the windows to let the gas out. What a narrow escape!

I remembered when I was at Lidl yesterday that an Eastern European couple were looking at me furtively as I was buying a chicken vindaloo, I bet it was them.

You have been warned!

I'm slowly changing my view on this. First of all the forum's leading intellectual and then a genuine anaesthetist are telling us that it's all true. Then we have the latest theory, where these very clever thieves have converted an engine to pump out C02. They drive onto campsites and aires where they keep their engine running, attach a hose to their exhaust pipe and poke the tube into motorhomes.

Presumably they've discovered that carbon dioxide is less risky that carbon monoxide? I'm not sure about this but as there's no doubt about how well qualified these thieves are in the area of general anaesthetics, we must assume that they know what they're doing.

Anyway, I have solved the problem and we now use the latest security head gear pictured below. We will now be able to sleep soundly in our beds, and hopefully, as we've not been gassed we will hear the thieves as they break in to steal the thousands of pounds worth of valuables that most motorhomers and caravanners must carry as something is obviously attracting the attention of these master criminals.

I have bought a job lot of my anti-gas devices and if anyone else is interested please PM me. They are only £299 plus carriage but remember, your security is priceless.

1011244705_Mynewgasmask.jpg.ba021182d78a33c164b46c10cfe57327.jpg

Guest pelmetman

Further to my initial scenario..........and folllowing rudimentary research into using vehicle exhaust fumes as a method to incapacitate the occupants ;-)...............

1) Why do I think exhaust gas was used?............

As the common denominator with all these reports seems to be..........."We also both had a thick head and a sore throat in the morning and just felt ill."..............symptoms similar to mild carbon monoxide poisoning........

2) Why are there no empty gas cylinders found at the scene?.........

Not required, just a hose and a exhaust pipe.......

3) How do they know how much gas/exhaust fumes to use?..........

I suspect much like myself..... they're self taught, given that the many of the criminal community are functioning drug addicts, with years of experience in glue sniffing and injecting hard drugs, I should imagine finding out how long it takes for someone to pass out in the confined area of a van is simple enough.............

4) Why are there no fatalities?....

Luck I would expect.......as they've yet to target anyone with medical complications from the reports I've read......

5) It will take ages to fill a campervan with enough gas?.......

Based on my own experience ;-).................I know that a small log burner will unintentionally produce enough fumes in a few hours to fill 3 connected rooms Sun Lounge, Kitchen, Dining room and set of my CO2 alarm 8-)............I also know that the CO2 alarm went of in the camper with only a cab window open, when it was parked next to a car on a ramp undergoing diagnostic tests with its engine running...................So I suspect if you wanted to intentionally fill a camper with exhaust fumes.....not very long at all ;-)................

The above is just my suggestion of how these robberies are carried out :D......................

There is of course Franks view that the victims are all thick people with a drink problem ;-).............

Me.... I'm open minded................ but glad I've got a CO2 alarm B-)..............

PS......... It's raining again *-)

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-07-14 11:32 AM

Hook, line and sinker! I really must stop this! :-D :-D >:-)

Correction Frank...............Hook line and stinker ;-).................It's raining again *-)............

BTW you never did say why you think the DM have invented the people in the story?

Had Enough - 2014-07-13 11:32 AM

**** because there are no such crimes and no victims.****

So the Daily Mail have invented these people Frank? ..................

"A British couple robbed while holidaying in France believe the thieves knocked them unconscious by piping gas into their camper van.

Debbie Keeney, 54, and Bob John, 68, were just ten days into a month-long trip when they were targeted after stopping at services."

Just curious? ;-)..............

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2014-07-14 12:01 PM

Jeeez!..

Come back Postnote and Plumbersvan/Fiona....all is forgiven...

Maybe people who don't do Europe are not interested in potential threats abroad Pepe *-)................but some of us folk who travel the other side of the ditch are ;-).............

Do you think the Daily Mail invented the couple in the story to (?)..............

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-07-14 11:43 AM

Had Enough - 2014-07-14 11:32 AM

Hook, line and sinker! I really must stop this! :-D :-D >:-)

Correction Frank...............Hook line and stinker ;-).................It's raining again *-)............

BTW you never did say why you think the DM have invented the people in the story?

Had Enough - 2014-07-13 11:32 AM

**** because there are no such crimes and no victims.****

So the Daily Mail have invented these people Frank? ..................

"A British couple robbed while holidaying in France believe the thieves knocked them unconscious by piping gas into their camper van.

Debbie Keeney, 54, and Bob John, 68, were just ten days into a month-long trip when they were targeted after stopping at services."

Just curious? ;-)..............

Oh dear! I'll try to explain in the simplest terms possible, although from previous experiences you still won't understand.

The crime of gassing never happened, ergo there are no victims of gassing. How's that?

However, people are robbed as they sleep. Let that sink in and I'll go on.

Ok, has that registered?

But they only believe that they may have been gassed because they're not bright enough to work out why this is impossible.

As you said: 'A British couple robbed while holidaying in France believe the thieves knocked them unconscious by piping gas into their camper van.'

So the couple may well exist. I have never accused the DM of inventing anything. They simply love a good story.

'Couple robbed whilst asleep in their camper' doesn't make a good headline.

This is really good fun. As each of your theories is shown to be total thicko nonsense you strive to come up with even more silly ideas to prove that you are right and everyone else, including the real medical experts, are wrong.

So, what do you think about aliens? Have any of these idiots described feeling as if they've been probed whilst under the influence of some wonder knock-out gas? I reckon that this should be your next line of enquiry! (lol) (lol)

2008267289_GassingAliens.jpg.1908ebdf97cce6bf966f829713561831.jpg

Guest Had Enough
JudgeMental - 2014-07-13 2:35 PM

have always thought pelmet a congenital idiot....Have revised my opinion of late, now convinced he is a complete vegatable

The most accurate and intelligent post in this entire thread! (lol) (lol) (lol) >:-)

pelmetman - 2014-07-14 11:43 AM

"A British couple robbed while holidaying in France believe the thieves knocked them unconscious ....

Believing something is not the same as knowing something.

What this could also mean is " we've no idea what happened "

;-)

Archived