Maybe its not a myth?...............

Guest pelmetman

Guest Had Enough
pepe63 - 2014-07-14 12:01 PM

Jeeez!..

Come back Postnote and Plumbersvan/Fiona....all is forgiven...

Trolling or very stupid?

All previous evidence points to the latter! Unless of course he was gassed by carbon monoxide. This can have a very serious effect on the brain. Some people live but are vegetables for the rest of their lives. Ooops! Judgemental may have hit on something here! (lol)

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Had Enough
malc d - 2014-07-14 12:16 PM

pelmetman - 2014-07-14 11:43 AM

"A British couple robbed while holidaying in France believe the thieves knocked them unconscious ....

Believing something is not the same as knowing something.

What this could also mean is " we've no idea what happened "

;-)

You may need to simplify that. It could be a bit deep for him! ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-07-14 12:13 PM

Had Enough - 2014-07-14 11:32 AM

Hook, line and sinker! I really must stop this! :-D :-D >:-)

Correction Frank...............Hook line and stinker ;-).................It's raining again *-)............

BTW you never did say why you think the DM have invented the people in the story?

Had Enough - 2014-07-13 11:32 AM

**** because there are no such crimes and no victims.****

So the Daily Mail have invented these people Frank? ..................

"A British couple robbed while holidaying in France believe the thieves knocked them unconscious by piping gas into their camper van.

Debbie Keeney, 54, and Bob John, 68, were just ten days into a month-long trip when they were targeted after stopping at services."

Just curious? ;-)..............

Oh dear! I'll try to explain in the simplest terms possible, although from previous experiences you still won't understand.

The crime of gassing never happened, ergo there are no victims of gassing. How's that?

However, people are robbed as they sleep. Let that sink in and I'll go on.

Ok, has that registered?

But they only believe that they may have been gassed because they're not bright enough to work out why this is impossible.

As you said: 'A British couple robbed while holidaying in France believe the thieves knocked them unconscious by piping gas into their camper van.'

So the couple may well exist. I have never accused the DM of inventing anything. They simply love a good story.

'Couple robbed whilst asleep in their camper' doesn't make a good headline.

This is really good fun. As each of your theories is shown to be total thicko nonsense you strive to come up with even more silly ideas to prove that you are right and everyone else, including the real medical experts, are wrong.

So, what do you think about aliens? Have any of these idiots described feeling as if they've been probed whilst under the influence of some wonder knock-out gas? I reckon that this should be your next line of enquiry! (lol) (lol)

I think we need to accept you and others have decided that they are deluded ;-)..................

Whereas given the regularity that these incidents crop up...................I am still of an open mind..............and you know me Frank.............. I always prefer to go in the opposite direction to the herd :D........

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-07-14 12:22 PM

malc d - 2014-07-14 12:16 PM

"A British couple robbed while holidaying in France believe the thieves knocked them unconscious ....

Believing something is not the same as knowing something.

What this could also mean is " we've no idea what happened "

;-)

You may need to simplify that. It could be a bit deep for him! ;-)

Malc is as accurate as ever ;-)........................*****We don't know****...............but unlike you and others I have not made up my mind *-)........................just suggested a possible method...............which I reckon is more plausible than the victims all being deluded :-|

PS...........We've got the heating on now 8-)..........

pelmetman - 2014-07-14 12:09 PM

Maybe people who don't do Europe are not interested in potential threats abroad Pepe *-)................but some of us folk who travel the other side of the ditch are ;-).............

..but I thought that, according to you, we in the UK, were overrun with immigrant ne'er wells and "pikeys" anyway...?

..so that being the case, if this "gassing" is soooo common place, surely me and my loved ones are just as likely to be a victim as any of you, supposedly "Ranulph Fiennes" types...

In answer to your "Do I think the DM made it up?"...No, they probably didn't "make it up", they just published what was relayed to them..Just like they published that "the Royal College of Anaesthetists believes it would be impossible.."

(You take the first bit of their article as gospel, so why do you choose to disbelieve the last paragraph?)

Dave..This "forum fool" persona that your have nurtured, has worn very thin.

Irrespective of the subject matter, it adds nothing to any discussion, it only detracts from it..

..and if you insist on constantly posting in the manner of childish, stirring troll, then don't be surprised if that's how you come across to others. :-S

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2014-07-14 1:05 PM

pelmetman - 2014-07-14 12:09 PM

Maybe people who don't do Europe are not interested in potential threats abroad Pepe *-)................but some of us folk who travel the other side of the ditch are ;-).............

..but I thought that, according to you, we in the UK, were overrun with immigrant ne'er wells and "pikeys" anyway...?

..so that being the case, if this "gassing" is soooo common place, surely me and my loved ones are just as likely to be a victim as any of you, supposedly "Ranulph Fiennes" types...

In answer to your "Do I think the DM made it up?"...No, they probably didn't "make it up", they just published what was relayed to them..Just like they published that "the Royal College of Anaesthetists believes it would be impossible.."

(You take the first bit of their article as gospel, so why do you choose to disbelieve the last paragraph?)

Dave..This "forum fool" persona that your have nurtured, has worn very thin.

Irrespective of the subject matter, it adds nothing to any discussion, it only detracts from it..

..and if you insist on constantly posting in the manner of childish, stirring troll, then don't be surprised if that's how you come across to others. :-S

The RCoA are experts in anesthesia...........not robbing campers ;-)..................Now you and others may wish to call those who claim to been robbed using gas.... deluded :-|....................If this is the case?.......what do they gain by reporting it?...............do they get an enhanced payout from the insurance company?..........well they can't expect a balanced response from the O&L intelligentsia, who have already decided they're all drunken nutters *-)................

So if by having a open mind makes me a troll................then I'm happy to accept that title :D..............

pelmetman - 2014-07-14 1:16 PM

So if by having a open mind makes me a troll..............then I'm happy to accept that title :D...........

But of cause you'd be happy....

It's nowt to be with having an open mind(on this or any other topic), if everyone had agreed with you, you would've given up on this ages ago....

Anything that you think makes you stand out or that you feel makes you that bit more individual (ie: not following "the herd") and therefore gets you forum attention, is what most of your postings are all about...

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-07-14 12:23 PM

........ I always prefer to go in the opposite direction to the herd

Which roughly translated means: 'I'm right and everyone else is wrong, no matter how strong the evidence.'

You shouldn't waste your time on here. This organisation is ideal for you.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

It's full of cretins who, despite overwhelming evidence, prefer not to 'go with the herd'.

Still, I suppose they're 'keeping an open mind' as well. *-)

But as Robinhood perceptively commented. Your mind is so open that your brains have spilled out. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2014-07-14 2:32 PM

pelmetman - 2014-07-14 1:16 PM

So if by having a open mind makes me a troll..............then I'm happy to accept that title :D...........

But of cause you'd be happy....

It's nowt to be with having an open mind(on this or any other topic), if everyone had agreed with you, you would've given up on this ages ago....

Anything that you think makes you stand out or that you feel makes you that bit more individual (ie: not following "the herd") and therefore gets you forum attention, is what most of your postings are all about...

So having an alternative view makes me a troll as well................maybe I should pm you my posts so that you can censor them first *-).....................Your starting to sound like a member of the thought police Pepe ;-)....................

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-07-14 2:37 PM

pelmetman - 2014-07-14 12:23 PM

........ I always prefer to go in the opposite direction to the herd

Which roughly translated means: 'I'm right and everyone else is wrong, no matter how strong the evidence.'

You shouldn't waste your time on here. This organisation is ideal for you.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

Evidence 8-)..................what evidence?............when has an opinion equaled evidence? :-S...............

I have only put forward an alternative opinion to yours *-)........................

BTW not that long ago very clever people said the world was flat (lol).............

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-07-14 2:45 PM

Evidence 8-)..................what evidence?............when has an opinion equaled evidence? :-S...............

I have only put forward an alternative opinion to yours *-)........................

BTW not that long ago very clever people said the world was flat (lol).............

The evidence from the RCofA?

The fact that there isn't one corroborated case of gassing. The fact that not one person has ever woken up in an adjoining vehicle and witnessed these gangs with either their huge gas cylinders or their hose pipes connected to their running vehicles.

And yes, intelligent people once thought that the earth was flat. But when enough evidence was forthcoming they changed their view.

However, the truly cretinous ignore the evidence because they are thick, but most of all because they think that they are right and everyone else is wrong.

You are truly cretinous. You don't do this to troll. You do it because you are dim and because you are the most egotistical person on this forum. Despite you levelling that title on others your constant boring proselytising proves that no one out-egos Pelmetman.

You're becoming a bit of a laughing stock.

Guest Had Enough
candapack - 2014-07-14 2:50 PM

This is like one of these films where 2 opposites bicker their way through and fall in love at the end.

It's a blooming bromance??

You may have noticed that it's not just me who thinks he's a total t*sser? ;-)

I could never love him but I'm genuinely starting to feel a bit sorry for him. To be so dim must be a heavy burden to carry through life. But it does explain a lot. :-(

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-07-14 2:55 PM

pelmetman - 2014-07-14 2:45 PM

The evidence from the RCofA?

The fact that there isn't one corroborated case of gassing. The fact that not one person has ever woken up in an adjoining vehicle and witnessed these gangs with either their huge gas cylinders or their hose pipes connected to their running vehicles.

And yes, intelligent people once thought that the earth was flat. But when enough evidence was forthcoming they changed their view.

However, the truly cretinous ignore the evidence because they are thick, but most of all because they think that they are right and everyone else is wrong.

You are truly cretinous. You don't do this to troll. You do it because you are dim and because you are the most egotistical person on this forum. Despite you levelling that title on others your constant boring proselytising proves that no one out-egos Pelmetman.

You're becoming a bit of a laughing stock.

Oh you mean the RCoA "opinion" that pumping campers full of expensive anesthetic gas is unlikely?...............then I agree ;-)..................

If you bothered to read my suggested scenario correctly you'll notice no anesthetic gases are used *-).....................

But no.... you just dismiss the possibility that there could possibly be another method, because a man with letters after his name said its impossible *-)...................not very open minded Frank :-|..........

I doubt the people carrying out these robberies asked the RCoA if it was possible...............just worked it out for themselves......... as is often the case with the criminal mind, it frequently proves it's one step ahead of those who think its impossible :D..................

PS if it'll save time Frank ;-)..............you can leave out the abuse as it water of a ducks back :D............as an ex member of the armed forces I've been abused by professionals *-)...................not in the Public school kinda way though >:-)........

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2014-07-14 3:00 PM

Dave there like a pack of wolves after ya aren't they ?

I'm with ya Dave don't worry ... and you defo aren't a vegetable ... fruitcake maybe

Well I am a UKIP voter Antony so it comes with the territory :D..................and it gives me something to do as its still Pissindon *-)...................I can see why Peter James spends all his time South of the border 8-)...............

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-07-14 3:10 PM

But no.... you just dismiss the possibility that there could possibly be another method, because a man with letters after his name said its impossible *-)...................not very open minded Frank :-|..........

I doubt the people carrying out these robberies asked the RCoA if it was possible...............just worked it out for themselves......... as is often the case with the criminal mind, it often proves it's one step ahead of those who think its impossible :D..................

And Professor Pelmetman's opinion? Carbon Monoxide, a deadly poison. Just pump a bit in and knock on the window. If there's no response they're asleep (or maybe dead?).

There comes a time for intelligent people when they come off the fence and accept the evidence. Thickos who refuse to believe that they may be wrong will never accept it, which is why the Flat Earth Society still exists.

But I notice that you've not mentioned these points:

There has never been one corroborated case of gassing. Odd that?

Not one person has ever woken up in an adjoining vehicle and witnessed these gangs with either their huge gas cylinders or their hose pipes connected to their running vehicles. Odd that?

Now why not go away and search the web for one proven case? Surely in all these cases that you've been banging on about there must be at least one that was witnessed or where there was other evidence of gassing?

Ps Don't venture too far this year, you might fall off the edge of the planet you know. (lol)

PPs I'm off to lie down in a darkened room for an hour or two. There's only so much unadulterated and totally stupid tripe that any normal person can take in a day. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-07-14 3:22 PM

There has never been one corroborated case of gassing. Odd that?

Not one person has ever woken up in an adjoining vehicle and witnessed these gangs with either their huge gas cylinders or their hose pipes connected to their running vehicles. Odd that?

)

Strange that no one has proved its impossible either...............yet these reports keep arriving on a regular basis *-)

As I said back on page one these incidents deserve further investigation ;-)...............

BTW I suggest you read my scenario again............no gas bottles needed :D..........not saying there might not be though :-|.................

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-07-14 3:29 PM

Strange that no one has proved its impossible either...............

Bugger, that settles it then. :-(

Off to lie down for even longer now.

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-07-14 3:34 PM

pelmetman - 2014-07-14 3:29 PM

Strange that no one has proved its impossible either...............

Bugger, that settles it then. :-(

Off to lie down for even longer now.

But it's still raining :-(..........

Guest pelmetman
Robinhood - 2014-07-14 4:27 PM

.......I understand quite a lot of people go to Scotland for fishing holidays..................

I'm not surprised................there's a pond in our awning :D..................

Robinhood - 2014-07-14 4:27 PM

.......I understand quite a lot of people go to Scotland for fishing holidays..................

Yes, I have a friend who goes fly fishing.....and is most unhappy if it's sunny. His idea of a perfect holiday seems to be 2 weeks of drizzle.

pelmetman - 2014-07-14 11:27 AM

Further to my initial scenario..........and folllowing rudimentary research into using vehicle exhaust fumes as a method to incapacitate the occupants ;-)...............

1) Why do I think exhaust gas was used?............

As the common denominator with all these reports seems to be..........."We also both had a thick head and a sore throat in the morning and just felt ill."..............symptoms similar to mild carbon monoxide poisoning...........................

Just a few facts.

Re 1 above, the symptoms reported may well be similar to those of mild CO poisioning, but mild CO poisioning does not render the victim unconcious. What followed therefore was irrelevant.

CO2 merely sufficates the victim, but again, it is not a narcotic. The symptoms of CO2 "poisioning" are not those described in the Mail article.

In the case of either gas, unconsiousness is the result of prolonged exposure, and is quickly followed by death.

In no recorded case of gassing to faciltiate robbery has there been a report of the victim requiring extensive medical treatment following their experience, as would be necessary following CO poisioning.

CO is carbon MONOXIDE. It is colourless, tasteless, odourless and non-irritant. It works by destroying the ability of the blood to transport oxygen around the body. Death results from multiple organ failure. At any level some degree of treatment is essential to prevent later complications.

CO2 is carbon DIOXIDE. In the context of gas attacks, it is completely irrelevant.

Dave, your detector is a carbon monoxide detector, not a carbon dioxide detector. You chose to place this string in Motorhome Matters, presumably as you thought it may be of some use and warn others of the reported risk. As you are now conducting it, it is barely suitable for inclusion in Chatterbox.

Since you seem not to know the difference between CO and CO2, there really seems little chance that you know any more about the relative dangers of, or ways to safely administer, a narcotic gas, than a first year anaesthetics student.

You are now pursuing a complete time waster, and you are pursuing it in completely the wrong place. This bit of the forum is mainly for exchenge of useful information, based on fact, not fantasy.

If you want a "gas alarm", that's fine by me. If you believe in fairies and Father Christmas, that is also fine by me. But if you want to discuss fantasy, please do it in Chatterbox where it won't confuse the ill-informed, and otherwise merely consume time and space to no-one's advantage. This whole string is utter bilge!

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2014-07-14 7:02 PM

pelmetman - 2014-07-14 11:27 AM

Further to my initial scenario..........and folllowing rudimentary research into using vehicle exhaust fumes as a method to incapacitate the occupants ;-)...............

1) Why do I think exhaust gas was used?............

As the common denominator with all these reports seems to be..........."We also both had a thick head and a sore throat in the morning and just felt ill."..............symptoms similar to mild carbon monoxide poisoning...........................

Just a few facts.

Re 1 above, the symptoms reported may well be similar to those of mild CO poisioning, but mild CO poisioning does not render the victim unconcious. What followed therefore was irrelevant.

CO2 merely sufficates the victim, but again, it is not a narcotic. The symptoms of CO2 "poisioning" are not those described in the Mail article.

In the case of either gas, unconsiousness is the result of prolonged exposure, and is quickly followed by death.

In no recorded case of gassing to faciltiate robbery has there been a report of the victim requiring extensive medical treatment following their experience, as would be necessary following CO poisioning.

CO is carbon MONOXIDE. It is colourless, tasteless, odourless and non-irritant. It works by destroying the ability of the blood to transport oxygen around the body. Death results from multiple organ failure. At any level some degree of treatment is essential to prevent later complications.

CO2 is carbon DIOXIDE. In the context of gas attacks, it is completely irrelevant.

Dave, your detector is a carbon monoxide detector, not a carbon dioxide detector. You chose to place this string in Motorhome Matters, presumably as you thought it may be of some use and warn others of the reported risk. As you are now conducting it, it is barely suitable for inclusion in Chatterbox.

Since you seem not to know the difference between CO and CO2, there really seems little chance that you know any more about the relative dangers of, or ways to safely administer, a narcotic gas, than a first year anaesthetics student.

You are now pursuing a complete time waster, and you are pursuing it in completely the wrong place. This bit of the forum is mainly for exchenge of useful information, based on fact, not fantasy.

If you want a "gas alarm", that's fine by me. If you believe in fairies and Father Christmas, that is also fine by me. But if you want to discuss fantasy, please do it in Chatterbox where it won't confuse the ill-informed, and otherwise merely consume time and space to no-one's advantage. This whole string is utter bilge!

No offence Brian..........but as I'm a well known euro skeptic..........so you are a well known gas attack skeptic ;-)...................

You have made up your mind.................some of us have not :-|..............as you know these reports have been appearing for years.............unfortunately no one in authority is prepared to investigate it further, which is not surprising considering it only effects a small minority of camper van owners..................but to dismiss those who believe they have been victims of such attacks as deluded drunks is disingenuous .................and guaranteed to prevent anyone from coming on here to report their experience *-)..........

Cue Frank...........Wakee E wakee :D............

Archived