Brexcuses

John52

antony1969 - 2016-07-11 9:44 AM

But if that's correct weren't half the traders buying and half selling before Brexit and weren't they gambling on a Remain win and therefore pushing the pound up on a bad gamble , so maybe your 13% drop isn't really 13%

As for who will invest and who won't , both you and I have no idea just like we have no idea what trade deals we will get ... Let's see

Either way, your pound is still worth at least 13% less than it would have been without Brexit. It just hasn't fed through to inflation yet.

What trade deals we will get depends on our politicians ability to negotiate them. *-)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're doooomed.

£7 bn's worth of orders for UK manufactures taken at the Farnborough Air show.

Boeing investing in the Uk and making it's base here for European and the Middle East for manufacturing fixed wing, Rotary Division, Apache Helicopters and Training, amongst other activities

China waiting in the wings to make deals with the UK.

India also waiting, and many more including the USA..

Italy's banks need's 308 bn euro of help.

Philip Hammond says EU leaders are happy about informal talks despite Brussels banning talks until after article 50 has been invoked.

......who needs a Norwegian agreement.

Dave

Barryd999 - 2016-07-11 11:17 AM

If it turns out that the government decide that we will leave but opt for a Norway type agreement

We haven't been offered one.

Norway is very different to Britain.

For instance Norway invested their North Sea oil money wisely, and turned it into the worlds biggest sovereign wealth fund. Wheras British politicians not only p*ssed all our North Sea oil money up the wall, but borrowed a record debt and deficit too. Now we are relying on them to negotiate trade deals with people who will probably want to make an example of countries who leave the EU. Obama has already said Britain will 'go to the back of the queue' for trade deals with the US when its outside the EU.

The pound has crashed for a reason.

nowtelse2do - 2016-07-11 2:35 PM

And Norway invested a large portion of that income with the UK and have said they are sticking with us.

Dave

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-08/norway-wealth-fund-commits-to-u-k-investments-as-brexit-looms

We're Dooooooomed

I'm cashing in my Halifax Building Society pigs once I've broke into them ... Have I got time for a last fish and chip supper before the end ??? ... Talking of the end , did anyone catch that Labour ladies election speech today ??? Stirring stuff , wonder if it did for any of our Labour voters on here or do they all vote Green these days ??? If that Labour speech dint quite cut it with ya then McCluskeys brothers and sisters speech must of had ya in tears ... It's great watching the left crumble , not just here but Europe wide it would seem

candapack - 2016-07-11 12:22 PM

So Andrea Leadsom has quit the race. Her job was only to get rid of Gove

Theresa May, a Bremainer, will be the new PM.

The old PM stood down because he didn't think a Bremainer was the right person to lead Britain through a Brexit.

Stitch up?

Yes..it's funny how some of the staunch - "..we want our democracy back.." - Brexiteers, having had their celebrity figureheads,-Boris, Gove, Leadsom( ...and Farage) all run out on them, are now trying to make out that all along, what they really wanted was to have a non-brexit supporting, Prime Minister foisted upon them! (lol) (lol)

Yeah, 'cause they did. ;-)

How's your "democracy" looking now chaps?... :D

pepe63 - 2016-07-11 3:51 PM

So Andrea Leadsom has quit the race. Her job was only to get rid of Gove

Theresa May, a Bremainer, will be the new PM.

The old PM stood down because he didn't think a Bremainer was the right person to lead Britain through a Brexit.

Stitch up?

Yes..it's funny how some of the staunch - "..we want our democracy back.." - Brexiteers, having had their celebrity figureheads,-Boris, Gove, Leadsom( ...and Farage) all run out on them, are now trying to make out that all along, what they really wanted was to have a non-brexit supporting, Prime Minister foisted upon them! (lol) (lol)

Yeah, 'cause they did. ;-)

Could ya name some of them staunch Brexiteers please , might help validate your claim ... Personally I never wanted any of them you mention in the top job ... Keep on smiling

malc d - 2016-07-11 4:58 PM

With the departure of David Cameron, the shares in companies that make hard hats and high viz jackets will plummet.

:'(

Lessons will be learned Im sure as David might say ... Hard hats might be needed more over at Labour Party HQ these days ... It all used to be so good when Tony was in charge ... Boohoo ;-)

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2016-07-11 3:51 PM

A lot better than it did pre referendum >:-) ...........

Its a pity somebody didnt put up the following poster as the likely outcomes of Britain out of the EU before the vote.

They all look a bit crap to me but given that even the Brexiteers are saying we do need the single market after they lied about it to con the voters which of these is the likely choice do you think now (Assuming we do leave)?

Option 4 is probably out now if our leaders say we need the single market. So are any of the others "Taking back control" or "getting our country back"? Link to the article below. Which one are we having then?

http://s31.postimg.org/4mbzbw7iz/jan_roof.jpg

Source http://www.debatingeurope.eu/2016/07/11/best-alternative-eu-membership/#.V4QnJKKFtei

david lloyd - 2016-07-12 8:09 AM

I still think the EU may need the UK more than the reverse.

Then you need a Reality Check. The UK is a hugely indebted country depending on imports, and what industry it has left is mostly foreign. The EU could survive on its own, the UK couldn't.

nowtelse2do - 2016-07-11 2:35 PM

And Norway invested a large portion of that income with the UK and have said they are sticking with us.

Dave

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-08/norway-wealth-fund-commits-to-u-k-investments-as-brexit-looms

We're Dooooooomed

10% ish invested mainly in Global companies on the London Stock Exchange whose earnings are in other currencies. I only wish the Norwegian Government were running our country instead of the shower we have got.

Theresa May has already said that she won't call an early election. This is despite being on record as calling for Gordon Brown to so do when he became PM, on the basis that he had no democratic mandate. It's good to see that she's starting out upholding the same level of hypocrisy as her immediate predecessor.

So Andrea Leadsom has quit the race.

What choice did she have?

I thought her motherhood remarks were in very bad taste and her CV was downright untruthful. Her boss at Energy couldn't endorse her, Invesco Perpetual would say nothing about her competence, just she was never in charge of hundreds of people and did not have responsibility for large amounts of money. At first she denied the motherhood remarks, next day, still denying, the campaign insisted on the transcript. The audio recording proved Andrea Leadsom did say what she denied saying, so her spin doctors changed tack to a "conspiracy".

antony1969 - 2016-07-11 9:49 AM

Queen Nicola , her idea of a lifetime seems to be every couple of years

I've never met Nicola Sturgeon. But have spoken to many ordinary people here in Pissindoon who have contacted her needing her help and they all spoke highly of her, saying she works very long hours to make herself available to people who need help.

pelmetman - 2016-07-12 9:50 AM

BREXIT is yesterday news..........The EU have got the next crisis to look forward too :D ......

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/11/the-next-eu-crisis-in-the-italian-banks-needs-to-be-addressed

Brexit might be yesterdays news for the EU, but the problems for Britain have barely begun.

Nice to see the EU are saying Bank Bondholders will have to bear the brunt of the banking crisis instead of being showered with taxpayers money as they have in Britain. If we really had been ruled from Brussels they could have done the same for us.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2016-07-12 10:00 AM

pelmetman - 2016-07-12 9:50 AM

BREXIT is yesterday news..........The EU have got the next crisis to look forward too :D ......

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/11/the-next-eu-crisis-in-the-italian-banks-needs-to-be-addressed

Brexit might be yesterdays news for the EU, but the problems for Britain have barely begun.

Nice to see the EU are saying Bank Bondholders will have to bear the brunt of the banking crisis instead of being showered with taxpayers money as they have in Britain. If we really had been ruled from Brussels they could have done the same for us.

I dunno, it looks to me like the EU (Germany) want to shaft the little people again :-| .....

"The EU (especially Germany) is opposed to a state bailout. It is now supposed to be equity holders and holders of subordinated (or junior) bonds who are supposed to take the first losses. In Italy this is difficult, as many of the subordinated bonds have been sold to households and individuals, and it will be politically difficult to make them take capital losses for the bad debt problems of the banks."

david lloyd - 2016-07-12 8:09 AM

Barryd999 - 2016-07-12 12:25 AM

......... Which one are we having then?

http://s31.postimg.org/4mbzbw7iz/jan_roof.jpg

Source http://www.debatingeurope.eu/2016/07/11/best-alternative-eu-membership/#.V4QnJKKFtei

Hopefully, none of them. I still think the EU may need the UK more than the reverse.

Dream on but at least you answered, unusually the rest of them have nothing to say.

Archived