Brexcuses

John52

John52 - 2016-07-13 7:35 AM

Barryd999 - 2016-07-12 10:51 PM

Anyway things may stabilise possibly because we havent left and I suspect if Article 50 is ever invoked it will not be until after the French and German elections which do not finish until October next year by which time the country will have forgotten all about it anyway and we can all get on with voting on the X Factor instead.

Nevertheless, the possibility that we may be on the wrong side of trade barriers in a few years time is likely to discourage investment in UK based productive industry - which is needed to pay off the debts Osborne has created by pumping up house prices. Thats why the pound has fallen.

According to a piece I read on property prices , the pumping up of house prices under the Tories you talk about has only been that they have recovered the 3% price loss we had under Gormless Brown , sorry Gordon .... Could be wrong

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
antony1969 - 2016-07-13 9:35 AM

John52 - 2016-07-13 7:35 AM

Barryd999 - 2016-07-12 10:51 PM

Anyway things may stabilise possibly because we havent left and I suspect if Article 50 is ever invoked it will not be until after the French and German elections which do not finish until October next year by which time the country will have forgotten all about it anyway and we can all get on with voting on the X Factor instead.

Nevertheless, the possibility that we may be on the wrong side of trade barriers in a few years time is likely to discourage investment in UK based productive industry - which is needed to pay off the debts Osborne has created by pumping up house prices. Thats why the pound has fallen.

According to a piece I read on property prices , the pumping up of house prices under the Tories you talk about has only been that they have recovered the 3% price loss we had under Gormless Brown , sorry Gordon .... Could be wrong

Could you possibly add something to your posts to let us know when it's you, and when it's Barryd999. Thanks.

david lloyd - 2016-07-13 7:52 AM

P.S. I seem to recall that at least some of the debts we have were created by a Labour government for which we are all still paying.

True, but Osborne has doubled the 300 year old National debt in 5 years.

antony1969 - 2016-07-13 9:35 AM

According to the Halifax House Price Index Graph the index rose from around 535 in May 2010 when Osborne took over to 702 today .. http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/housing-index

John52 - 2016-07-13 10:21 AM

david lloyd - 2016-07-13 7:52 AM

P.S. I seem to recall that at least some of the debts we have were created by a Labour government for which we are all still paying.

True, but Osborne has doubled the 300 year old National debt in 5 years.

Yes John, and I, for one, am glad to hear that he may not be continuing as Chancellor in the next cabinet after his antics in the run up to and before the referendum.

David

Whilst it is quite true that we might be in all sorts trouble at some time in the future as a consequence of the decision to quit the EU, it is also quite true that the opposite could result. No one, repeat, no one knows, and rather than stamp about in a paddy making stupid, unsubstantiated comments about what might happen, it would be in all our interests if we work together to work out what we want and how we might achieve it. It would be sad if we lose access to the half a billion or so people who remain in the EU, it is not so smart to not even attempt to create new markets within the 3 or 4 billions people who seem to manage outside the EU.

The markets will go up and down for a while, but it would be wise to keep in mind that those markets are operated by that bunch of spivs who hang around in the City, and as long as prices change they will make lots of money, and they have enough money to not have to bother about us.

People will look pretty silly if it turns out that it really was just an acorn falling after all.

AGD

The media are already trotting out lists of Boris's faux pas; he's going to have quite a lot of bridge-building to do to forge effective relationships with foreign leaders and ministers.  For example saying that Hilary Clinton looks like a scary nurse will take some living down if she becomes the next President. Women harbour grudges more than men!

StuartO - 2016-07-14 7:52 AMThe media are already trotting out lists of Boris's faux pas; he's going to have quite a lot of bridge-building to do to forge effective relationships with foreign leaders and ministers.  For example saying that Hilary Clinton looks like a scary nurse will take some living down if she becomes the next President. Women harbour grudges more than men!

It's not a lie though is it ? .... He could have said she's a danger to national security after her email fiasco

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2016-07-14 9:24 AM
StuartO - 2016-07-14 7:52 AMThe media are already trotting out lists of Boris's faux pas; he's going to have quite a lot of bridge-building to do to forge effective relationships with foreign leaders and ministers.  For example saying that Hilary Clinton looks like a scary nurse will take some living down if she becomes the next President. Women harbour grudges more than men!

It's not a lie though is it ? .... He could have said she's a danger to national security after her email fiasco
Trump may win 8-) .........Doesn't Boris have an American passport? :-S ..........Maybe they were separated at birth :D ..........

pelmetman - 2016-07-13 8:05 PM

Osborne's gone

Some Good News then :-D

Cameron owed Osborne a big favour for successfully organising his party leadership campaign (why else was he Chancellor) But Bloody Theresa owes him nothing so could get rid of him at last :-D

John52 - 2016-07-14 9:37 AM
pelmetman - 2016-07-13 8:05 PMOsborne's gone
Some Good News then :-D Cameron owed Osborne a big favour for successfully organising his party leadership campaign (why else was he Chancellor) But Bloody Theresa owes him nothing so could get rid of him at last :-D

I think he deserves some credit for getting the economy moving in the right direction.  Theresa May might understandably want a fresh start and George Osborne made some mistakes but credit where credit is due.

I have a contact in the FCO and he says that Philip Hammond was not well regarded there, so let's hope he's better at numbers.

StuartO - 2016-07-14 9:55 AM
John52 - 2016-07-14 9:37 AM
pelmetman - 2016-07-13 8:05 PMOsborne's gone
Some Good News then :-D Cameron owed Osborne a big favour for successfully organising his party leadership campaign (why else was he Chancellor) But Bloody Theresa owes him nothing so could get rid of him at last :-D

I think he deserves some credit for getting the economy moving in the right direction.  Theresa May might understandably want a fresh start and George Osborne made some mistakes but credit where credit is due.

I have a contact in the FCO and he says that Philip Hammond was not well regarded there, so let's hope he's better at numbers.

Despite Austerity for the poor which saw them being found 'fit for work' when they were lying in a coma (yes that really happened) Osborne doubled the 300 year old National debt in 6 years and counted rising house prices as 'Growth' instead of Inflation.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2016-07-14 11:27 AM

Despite Austerity for the poor which saw them being found 'fit for work' when they were lying in a coma (yes that really happened) Osborne doubled the 300 year old National debt in 6 years and counted rising house prices as 'Growth' instead of Inflation.

No doubt there were some mistakes made, but we probably all know a family or two where living on benefits is a vocation rather than a need *-) .........

Make me chancellor and I'd halve the benefits budget >:-) ........

Guest pelmetman

WOT.....No base rate cut by he B of E........don't they know the country is on its knees according to the remainer's? 8-) ...........

:D .........

• 3 weeks later...
John52 - 2016-08-04 9:49 PM

globebuster - 2016-07-14 4:58 PM

I think it could all be easily sorted with Plumbers Mait..........

Yeah, I recommend it for earplugs too ;-)

Too late to edit that now so I will just have to hope nobody is daft enough to listen to me *-) Plumbers Mait would make effective earplugs. But since it sticks to skin the only problem would be taking them out :$

• 4 years later...

Archived