They're still living in the dark ages.......

Guest pelmetman

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2017-03-19 6:25 PM

pelmetman - 2017-03-19 4:43 PM

Barryd999 - 2017-03-19 4:22 PM

Question.......

When has the EU ever managed to do anything collectively about illegal migrants/refugees? .......

.......and do those who preach we should do more, actually allow these migrants/refugees to be dumped in their backyards? .........

No doubt you've got a spare bedroom or 2 Barry?

Well now is their chance isnt it? Who else is going to do something about it? They are in our back yard, they are in Europe. As I have said before I wouldnt have a problem with genuine refugees coming here. We have a history of looking after them. I would like to think if the tables were turned and my family were fleeing trying to find safety that they would be welcome and looked after in any strange country they turn up in, not abused, kidnapped or beaten up. If it were your young grandchildren wandering around Europe on their own would you not want the same?

Ill throw the question back at you and anyone else. What is the solution?

Refugee camps run by the united nations .........and those of fighting ages should go and fight for their country......Just like our grand parents did :-| ........

Well at least your proffered an answer although you had to spoil it with your second statement, a blatant attempt yet again to make out those fleeing terror and people trying to kill them from all sides are cowards.

Those young single men who have left their families behind in a war zone "are" cowards *-) ........and those 30+ year olds who have pretended to be kids are beyond contempt >:-( .......

But hey they can always rely on the loony lefties to make excuses for them ;-) .......

pelmetman - 2017-03-20 8:20 AM

Question.......

When has the EU ever managed to do anything collectively about illegal migrants/refugees? .......

.......and do those who preach we should do more, actually allow these migrants/refugees to be dumped in their backyards? .........

Well now is their chance isnt it? Who else is going to do something about it? They are in our back yard, they are in Europe. As I have said before I wouldnt have a problem with genuine refugees coming here. We have a history of looking after them. I would like to think if the tables were turned and my family were fleeing trying to find safety that they would be welcome and looked after in any strange country they turn up in, not abused, kidnapped or beaten up. If it were your young grandchildren wandering around Europe on their own would you not want the same?

Refugee camps run by the united nations .........and those of fighting ages should go and fight for their country......Just like our grand parents did :-| ........

Well at least your proffered an answer although you had to spoil it with your second statement, a blatant attempt yet again to make out those fleeing terror and people trying to kill them from all sides are cowards.

Those young single men who have left their families behind in a war zone "are" cowards *-) ........and those 30+ year olds who have pretended to be kids are beyond contempt >:-( .......

But hey they can always rely on the loony lefties to make excuses for them ;-) .......

Blimey Dave how many times have we been over this one? Most men who have families that leave Syria alone do so to make the perilous journey themselves in order to establish asylum in a safe country where if they are successful they can then bring in their families legally via a safer route. There is nothing cowardly about making that kind of decision. Very brave if you ask me and it must be a heart wrenching decision. There are 10000 children that have disappeared and are unaccounted for in the last two years making that journey. The kids that featured in the War Child film on Channel 4 recently (Which I know you wont have watched) were 11.

I suppose this little lad was over 30 as well huh? :'( Imagine if it was one of yours and nobody wanted to help him.

712069243_refugeechild(Custom).jpg.26f7cd73c2751045ebd8abd38bd8abba.jpg

Barryd999 - 2017-03-20 9:46 AM

Question.......

Blimey Dave how many times have we been over this one? Most men who have families that leave Syria alone do so to make the perilous journey themselves in order to establish asylum in a safe country where if they are successful they can then bring in their families legally via a safer route. There is nothing cowardly about making that kind of decision. Very brave if you ask me and it must be a heart wrenching decision. There are 10000 children that have disappeared and are unaccounted for in the last two years making that journey. The kids that featured in the War Child film on Channel 4 recently (Which I know you wont have watched) were 11.

I suppose this little lad was over 30 as well huh? :'( Imagine if it was one of yours and nobody wanted to help him.

So its safer to leave them behind in a war zone and slog through Europe rather than go to the first safe country outside Syria with your family ??? ... We have refugees here in the pits ... Very few families ... Mainly young males and a lot of em come into the charity my missus works at for free meals and to discuss any problems they have after they've been to the walk in doctors a few buildings up the road

Guest pelmetman

If you want to blame someone Barry.......her name is Mrs Merkel, along with you woolly headed liberal idiots who encouraged them to make the journey >:-( .....

antony1969 - 2017-03-20 10:06 AM

Question.......

So its safer to leave them behind in a war zone and slog through Europe rather than go to the first safe country outside Syria with your family ??? ... We have refugees here in the pits ... Very few families ... Mainly young males and a lot of em come into the charity my missus works at for free meals and to discuss any problems they have after they've been to the walk in doctors a few buildings up the road

Its not a safe journey to make even to a neighbouring country and conditions in some of those countries have been pretty bad with many slipping into even worse poverty after nearly six years of conflict. However Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan is still where most have gone. In many of these neighbouring countries there has been no education for children and its been impossible for the adults to work. Those that go further afield risk everything for a better and safer chance of survival. Lets face it nobody is going to take such a risk if its all perfectly safe and hunky dory in the country next door.

There are plenty of families that make the journey together though. Some make it, some end up like the little boy in the photo. Thousands have died and thousands are missing. Thats a fact. I dont know about young males in Huddersfield, maybe they are refugees, maybe they are economic migrants. It doesnt detract from the fact that there are millions of genuine refugees displaced around the middle east and Europe.

pelmetman - 2017-03-20 10:12 AM

If you want to blame someone Barry.......her name is Mrs Merkel, along with you woolly headed liberal idiots who encouraged them to make the journey >:-( .....

Blame someone? Well if we want to play the blame game then its a complex one but the west is one of many with blood on its hands for meddling in the middle east. I dont think you can blame Merkal for it for holding out a welcoming hand as naive perhaps as it was.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2017-03-20 10:48 AM

Blame someone? Well if we want to play the blame game then its a complex one but the west is one of many with blood on its hands for meddling in the middle east. I dont think you can blame Merkal for it for holding out a welcoming hand as naive perhaps as it was.

You say naive......I say stupid *-) .......

But we do agree the West shouldn't meddle in the Middle East, but we do because the loony liberals like Blair, try to ram their democracy ideas down the throats of cultures that have never had it....... do they function when they have it foisted on them?.......Ask a Iraqi, I bet if they could roll back time they'd welcome Saddam back with open arms :-|......

So in short the state of the world and the refugee crisis, is all down to you loony lefties sticking your oar in and fecking it up >:-) .......

Barryd999 - 2017-03-20 10:39 AM

Question.......

Its not a safe journey to make even to a neighbouring country and conditions in some of those countries have been pretty bad with many slipping into even worse poverty after nearly six years of conflict. However Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan is still where most have gone. In many of these neighbouring countries there has been no education for children and its been impossible for the adults to work. Those that go further afield risk everything for a better and safer chance of survival. Lets face it nobody is going to take such a risk if its all perfectly safe and hunky dory in the country next door.

There are plenty of families that make the journey together though. Some make it, some end up like the little boy in the photo. Thousands have died and thousands are missing. Thats a fact. I dont know about young males in Huddersfield, maybe they are refugees, maybe they are economic migrants. It doesnt detract from the fact that there are millions of genuine refugees displaced around the middle east and Europe.[/quote

Why dont they go to Gulf States ??? Why doesn't Saudi open up tent city a place which could house a couple of million in air conditioned luxury ??? ... Why should places like my town be swamped by em ??? ... Like Dave says Merkel must take some of the responsibility for her disastrous policy ... I dont want em in my town ... Your crying out for em in your village so go do something about it and show us baddies that the bleeding heart brigade arent all hot air

antony1969 - 2017-03-20 11:39 AM

Question.......

There are plenty of families that make the journey together though. Some make it, some end up like the little boy in the photo. Thousands have died and thousands are missing. Thats a fact. I dont know about young males in Huddersfield, maybe they are refugees, maybe they are economic migrants. It doesnt detract from the fact that there are millions of genuine refugees displaced around the middle east and Europe.[/quote

Why dont they go to Gulf States ??? Why doesn't Saudi open up tent city a place which could house a couple of million in air conditioned luxury ??? ... Why should places like my town be swamped by em ??? ... Like Dave says Merkel must take some of the responsibility for her disastrous policy ... I dont want em in my town ... Your crying out for em in your village so go do something about it and show us baddies that the bleeding heart brigade arent all hot air

According to the Saudis they took 2.5 million but the BBC claimed it was half a million. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrians_in_Saudi_Arabia

only 10% come to Europe. The vast majority ending up in middle eastern states but as said the numbers increased into Europe because in many of the local states it was a case of out of the frying pan into the fire.

Britain has taken hardly any! Are you sure your town is swamped with "Refugees"? We have taken in less than 3000 since the crisis began, way less than most of our neighbours. Have they all been sent to Huddersfield? http://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/what_we_do/refugee_services/resettlement_programme/refugee_resettlement_the_facts

pelmetman - 2017-03-20 11:16 AM

But we do agree the West shouldn't meddle in the Middle East, but we do because the loony liberals like Blair, try to ram their democracy ideas down the throats of cultures that have never had it....... do they function when they have it foisted on them?.......Ask a Iraqi, I bet if they could roll back time they'd welcome Saddam back with open arms :-|......

So in short the state of the world and the refugee crisis, is all down to you loony lefties sticking your oar in and fecking it up >:-) .......

Now your been ridiculous. George Bush was a Loony Leftie then?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2017-03-20 12:20 PM

pelmetman - 2017-03-20 11:16 AM

Now your been ridiculous. George Bush was a Loony Leftie then?

No he was a psychopath who was told by his Dad to complete the job he failed to do, and got his pet poodle Blair to lie to us about WMD *-) .........

Barryd999 - 2017-03-20 12:18 PM

Question.......

According to the Saudis they took 2.5 million but the BBC claimed it was half a million. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrians_in_Saudi_Arabia

only 10% come to Europe. The vast majority ending up in middle eastern states but as said the numbers increased into Europe because in many of the local states it was a case of out of the frying pan into the fire.

Britain has taken hardly any! Are you sure your town is swamped with "Refugees"? We have taken in less than 3000 since the crisis began, way less than most of our neighbours. Have they all been sent to Huddersfield? http://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/what_we_do/refugee_services/resettlement_programme/refugee_resettlement_the_facts

We've only taken 3000 refugees ??? ... We've taken in 5000 Syrians havent we ???... What crisis are we on about Syria , Iraq , Iran , Afghanistan , Somalia and so on ??? Why are you only allowing for Syrians we've taken in ???... Dont the others count to you for some reason ???

Jesus God Dave........you've sunk to the sewers to post that if that's how your mind really works. I hope you haven't got grandchildren.

Quite sad that some peoples minds can think like that, :-(

antony1969 - 2017-03-20 1:22 PM

Question.......

We've only taken 3000 refugees ??? ... We've taken in 5000 Syrians havent we ???... What crisis are we on about Syria , Iraq , Iran , Afghanistan , Somalia and so on ??? Why are you only allowing for Syrians we've taken in ???... Dont the others count to you for some reason ???

Well we were talking mainly about Syria further up the post. The figures I can find seem to vary from around 1600 to 4000 but we are a long way off the mark of the 20000 Cameron pledged and way down on what is our "Fair Share" at just 18% but we are not bottom of the league. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/syrian-refugees-uk-fair-share-report-a7478891.html

Scotland has taken more than anywhere else followed by Yorkshire and Humber (Although this report is nearly a year old) https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/27/scotland-welcomes-third-of-uk-syrian-refugees-resettlement

I think the figures re-enforce what I said earlier. Its a global crisis and it will only be resolved by the rich countries of the world pulling together in both terms of taking in their fair share and offering monitory and on the ground coordinated / organised aid. Its pitiful that less than three per cent of the ten million displaced people of Syria have arrived in rich countries through resettlement programmes. Same applies to those fleeing the likes of Afghanistan, Somalia etc.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-03-20 2:33 PM

Jesus God Dave........you've sunk to the sewers to post that if that's how your mind really works. I hope you haven't got grandchildren.

Quite sad that some peoples minds can think like that, :-(

Nice try BG........but I feel no guilt, I was not the cause of that boys death so please don't bother with the emotional blackmail *-) .........

Barryd999 - 2017-03-20 3:18 PM

antony1969 - 2017-03-20 1:22 PM

Question.......

Well we were talking mainly about Syria further up the post. The figures I can find seem to vary from around 1600 to 4000 but we are a long way off the mark of the 20000 Cameron pledged and way down on what is our "Fair Share" at just 18% but we are not bottom of the league. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/syrian-refugees-uk-fair-share-report-a7478891.html

Scotland has taken more than anywhere else followed by Yorkshire and Humber (Although this report is nearly a year old) https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/27/scotland-welcomes-third-of-uk-syrian-refugees-resettlement

I think the figures re-enforce what I said earlier. Its a global crisis and it will only be resolved by the rich countries of the world pulling together in both terms of taking in their fair share and offering monitory and on the ground coordinated / organised aid. Its pitiful that less than three per cent of the ten million displaced people of Syria have arrived in rich countries through resettlement programmes. Same applies to those fleeing the likes of Afghanistan, Somalia etc.

Ship em in Barry ... Ship em in ... Youve just lost your beloved EU membership mainly because of EU migrants , do you really think that shipping in the worlds hard luck stories are going to bring harmony to this broken land ??? ... Im still waiting for you to hopefully adopt a Syrian ... Surely someone as concerned as you are with space to home someone and spare money in abundance would be an ideal candidate rather than stuffing them in some bedsit heaven here in Huddersfield ... Go on do the decent thing for you and village life

antony1969 - 2017-03-20 5:45 PM

If these are your Syrians Barry then i'll give it a miss if you dont mind but if your little village wants em thats fine .... http://www.westmonster.com/51-local-groups-in-molenbeek-linked-to-terrorism/

Oh well stuff em then. The 10 million+ refugees fleeing war zones in the middle east are all members of ISIS, clearly, that report says so so it must be true. That little lad dead on the beach in Greece was probably set to go mental with an AK at the first opportunity. Thats one less to worry about.

Barryd999 - 2017-03-20 5:58 PM

If these are your Syrians Barry then i'll give it a miss if you dont mind but if your little village wants em thats fine .... http://www.westmonster.com/51-local-groups-in-molenbeek-linked-to-terrorism/

Oh well stuff em then. The 10 million+ refugees fleeing war zones in the middle east are all members of ISIS, clearly, that report says so so it must be true. That little lad dead on the beach in Greece was probably set to go mental with an AK at the first opportunity. Thats one less to worry about.

A hissy fit doesn't really answer anything does it ??? ... Had the dead kids parents gone to the nearest "safe" country then he wouldn't have died would he or if they hadn't heard about Merkels open invitation maybe they wouldn't have risked it ... For every body on the beach of a washed up migrant I could probably show you twenty Christians burnt to death or stoned to death ... Every picture tells a story I suppose

antony1969 - 2017-03-20 6:07 PM

A hissy fit doesn't really answer anything does it ??? ... Had the dead kids parents gone to the nearest "safe" country then he wouldn't have died would he or if they hadn't heard about Merkels open invitation maybe they wouldn't have risked it ... For every body on the beach of a washed up migrant I could probably show you twenty Christians burnt to death or stoned to death ... Every picture tells a story I suppose

Not a hissy fit just plain old sarcasm. Nothing will alter your views I am sure. If at that time there was a safer alternative I am sure they would have taken it. Having watched various films of families making this decision and the journey it is not taken lightly and sometimes they have little choice. I am sure we could both produce evidence of people being murdered of all sorts of creeds and religions but does tha mean people dying in the Med is somehow less important? Should we just do nothing then?

The thing is you cant just do nothing because still they will come. Better to do something and put some effort into it rather than just assume its someone elses problem.

A hissy fit doesn't really answer anything does it ??? ... Had the dead kids parents gone to the nearest "safe" country then he wouldn't have died would he or if they hadn't heard about Merkels open invitation maybe they wouldn't have risked it ...

And just where do you call "safe"? Despite Syrian Kurds fighting IS in Syria, Turkey is openly hostile to them and been bombing them to bits in Syria. The family of Alan Kurdi were attempting to get to Greece with hopes of eventually emigrating to Canada where relatives lived.

For every body on the beach of a washed up migrant I could probably show you twenty Christians burnt to death or stoned to death ... Every picture tells a story I suppose.

Really? Are you sure of that?? It's an extremely wild speculative claim to make.

This report was from May 2016 so the figures will be even higher almost a year on, but more than 25,000 had been killed by then. So that leaves you to find over half a million Christians "burnt/stoned to death".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/31/more-than-2500-refugees-and-migrants-have-died-trying-to-cross-t/

Having seen programs on Tv, about the Australian.New Zealand immigration . Maybe we should adopt a policy like thiers ? They look pretty though to me! Though i wonder if they are looking more for food, and banned substances ? Dogs well trained to sniff , for different smell.

Never having been there, i don't know, but looks quiet intimidating . Is it?

We certainly need better controls, that's for sure.

PJay

Bulletguy - 2017-03-20 7:00 PM

A hissy fit doesn't really answer anything does it ??? ... Had the dead kids parents gone to the nearest "safe" country then he wouldn't have died would he or if they hadn't heard about Merkels open invitation maybe they wouldn't have risked it ...

And just where do you call "safe"? Despite Syrian Kurds fighting IS in Syria, Turkey is openly hostile to them and been bombing them to bits in Syria. The family of Alan Kurdi were attempting to get to Greece with hopes of eventually emigrating to Canada where relatives lived.

For every body on the beach of a washed up migrant I could probably show you twenty Christians burnt to death or stoned to death ... Every picture tells a story I suppose.

Really? Are you sure of that?? It's an extremely wild speculative claim to make.

This report was from May 2016 so the figures will be even higher almost a year on, but more than 25,000 had been killed by then. So that leaves you to find over half a million Christians "burnt/stoned to death".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/31/more-than-2500-refugees-and-migrants-have-died-trying-to-cross-t/

The report says 2500 yet you say 25000 ??? ... Pumping up the figure always makes the argument so much better Bullet doesn't it ... I remember you made my town into a city overnight too ... Out of that figure might be interesting to see how many were proper refugees and not economic migrants , dont suppose you've got the figure for that ??? ... Maybe Kurdi's parents should have headed to one of the camps provided and waited the war out instead of risking his life

Archived