StuartO

Bulletguy - 2017-09-01 4:16 PM

antony1969 - 2017-09-01 6:24 AM

Bulletguy - 2017-08-31 11:27 PM

antony1969 - 2017-08-31 5:55 PM

Bulletguy - 2017-08-31 5:12 PM

malc d - 2017-08-31 10:15 AM

John52 - 2017-08-30 11:02 PM

But the Brexiteers don't seem to care as long as they 'take back control' for themselves.

I wonder how many Brexiteers - who want to take back control - use sat-navs ?

;-)

Steady on Malc......they were confused about where the EU is so a sat-nav would be a bit too high tech.

Think we all know where the EU is its where its going thats the problem.

Why so concerned when you voted to leave it? You should be concentrating on where UK is going.....not EU.

Errr ... Exactly ... Thats why I voted to leave and won.

So quit mithering and bleating about what you believe to be the EU's "problems".

antony1969 - 2017-09-01 7:37 AM

Never questioned Germany's ongoing economic success did I ? ... She will be remembered for one of the worst political decisions of all time , an open invite to the world's scumbags and will need all the extra cash her country can generate for welfare , crime , healthcare and everything else those little darlings are going to cost and given the very dark and gloomy forecast for Germanys future by Germany's biggest bank then it might get a bit sticky ... The biggest cost of course isn't financial but the ruining of a fine country.

I've just spent some time in Germany among friends and believe me your "concerns" are ill founded based on little other than conjecture and alt right media rags feeding the xenophopbes. Your sweeping generalisations, seething hatred and contempt, is notorious Antony and you really should throw off your keyboard warrior suit for a bit and go and spend some meaningful time among people living there.

Hasn't taken you long fella to follow me again ... Just to let you know you don't have a clue as usual with your remarks about me as to who or how many folk I know in Germany ... This is the first year for a while we haven't been ... Without going deeper I've probably forgotten more Germans than you'll ever know , real Germans living with the disastrous invite Merkel gave ... If you'd like details I can PM you to spare the forum the boredom ... Keep on stalking me and your personal attacks as ever add nothing to the discussion

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just got back from a little jog around central Europe and from what I sussed out was, that ordinary people in Northern & Eastern France.....Southern Germany....Austria....are not overjoyed with the EU, especially the one's in France and Austria.

Germany's record surplus will be needed to help prop the rest of the EU up when we leave....but will they?

They have now completed the task of getting half their gold reserves out of the USA and France which they said they would do a few years back and they have done it ahead of schedue by 3yr, what's the hurry? Frankfurt now hold half of the German gold reserves. That is enough to back up a new currency (the Mark?) if the euro happened to go t*ts up.

Seems strange that they have taken all their gold out of France but have left well over 300 ton still in the Bank of England (and no plans to pull it out, £'s a safe currency) until you realise that France's currency is the euro which will be usless to them when it happen's.

Dave

nowtelse2do - 2017-09-01 7:53 PM

I've just got back from a little jog around central Europe and from what I sussed out was, that ordinary people in Northern & Eastern France.....Southern Germany....Austria....are not overjoyed with the EU, especially the one's in France and Austria.

Germany's record surplus will be needed to help prop the rest of the EU up when we leave....but will they?

They have now completed the task of getting half their gold reserves out of the USA and France which they said they would do a few years back and they have done it ahead of schedue by 3yr, what's the hurry? Frankfurt now hold half of the German gold reserves. That is enough to back up a new currency (the Mark?) if the euro happened to go t*ts up.

Seems strange that they have taken all their gold out of France but have left well over 300 ton still in the Bank of England (and no plans to pull it out, £'s a safe currency) until you realise that France's currency is the euro which will be usless to them when it happen's.

Dave

Dave

Germany shifted 98% of it's gold reserves during the height of the Cold War period but that threat has long ceased so they have been moving it back. The largest amount moved was 931 tonnes from the Bank of England 17 years ago in 2000....eleven years after the wall fell and Germany reunited. They have well over 3000 tonnes in total. They pulled their gold reserve out of France for good reason.....Le Pen is still hovering and hoping.

Whilst banking businesses (monetary) intend to move staff from London to offices in Europe since Brexit, gold is quite different from cash, bonds etc and London remains a major market in gold so is safe....but only for gold.

Guest pelmetman
tonyishuk - 2017-09-01 4:11 PM

It is interesting how much BBC news does not report fully on this, and other matters.

You only have to view France 24, RTN and other English speaking foreign news casters on Freesat or Freeview to see a whole different perspective of the EU, and how ragged at the edges the original concepts are changing.

Whatever the Brexit, hard, soft or flat on your face, the EU will be totally different in10 to 15 years.

Rgds

Yep they're fiddling *-) ......whilst we're heading for the lifeboats >:-) .........

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2017-08-31 10:15 AM

John52 - 2017-08-30 11:02 PM

But the Brexiteers don't seem to care as long as they 'take back control' for themselves.

I wonder how many Brexiteers - who want to take back control - use sat-navs ?

;-)

I do ;-) .....

But I always carry a map and know how to use it :D .......

Just like I recall how to cross a border crossing, how to change money etc etc.......It used to be all part of the holiday to Johnny Foreigner land B-) .......

Now I only have to travel 30 minutes down the road to be surrounded by folk who don't understand English spoken loudly with a pointy finger *-) .......

Progress eh? >:-) ........

hi,

Whilst in Provence in July we had a long conversation with a German couple, who were full of praise for the UK taking the decision to leave the EU and nothing but scorn for Mrs Merkel and her take anybody from anywhere under any circumstances as they put it. They maintained that their opinion was the most popular throughout Germany. Apparently it is having an adverse effect on their economic outlook [ pension and retirement dates etc ], all in order to pay the bill for the extra people that this couple told us nobody in Germany wants. We also had a similar conversation with a couple from Marseilles who reckon that because of its coastal position is gradually being swamped.

It does seem there is a lot of resentment against the fact that the wealthy countries are having to "dumb down " on their social standards after working and progressing to a position where if they just looked after their own people we could have better provisions for our indigenous own.

cheers

derek

derek pringle - 2017-09-02 9:25 AM

hi,

Whilst in Provence in July we had a long conversation with a German couple, who were full of praise for the UK taking the decision to leave the EU and nothing but scorn for Mrs Merkel and her take anybody from anywhere under any circumstances as they put it. They maintained that their opinion was the most popular throughout Germany. Apparently it is having an adverse effect on their economic outlook [ pension and retirement dates etc ], all in order to pay the bill for the extra people that this couple told us nobody in Germany wants. We also had a similar conversation with a couple from Marseilles who reckon that because of its coastal position is gradually being swamped.

It does seem there is a lot of resentment against the fact that the wealthy countries are having to "dumb down " on their social standards after working and progressing to a position where if they just looked after their own people we could have better provisions for our indigenous own.

cheers

derek

Derek.....one couple claiming their opinion is the most popular throughout Germany is somewhat stretching the realms of credibility don't you think!!? That you managed to find one other couple who agreed suggests to me you either didn't meet and mix with many German people, or maybe did, but ignored what they had to say as they weren't telling you what you wanted to hear!

Germany plans to increase their state retirement age to 67 which UK already have but we increased ours way before Cameron announced we would take the paltry figure of 20000 migrant refugees over five years (which has never been met), so immigration has absolutely no bearing on increase of state retirement age.....it's just a convenient excuse to use (though a very poor one!) by immigrant bashers. Due to a number of reasons, people are living longer so costing the state more money which has to be found from somewhere because Governments have always been loathe to increase tax (not a popular vote winner).

France has one of the lowest state retirement ages and only just risen from 60 to 62 though that's only for those who've paid social security contributions all their life. It's 67 for those who haven't.

hi,

cheers

derek

I agree with that whole heartedly.

Britain for the British.

We worked for it, we paid in to help build it, so why should we not fully benefit from our lifetime of hopes and expectations just to fund others who fancy a better life at our expense rather than get of their backsides and stay and build their own country into one to be proud of.

And if the going gets too tough for us and benefits and pensions fall too low we can all buy a boat and migrate to whatever other country we fancy we can get a better deal from - and good luck with that one too!

And no, I am not joking, just getting pretty peturbed at funding first the rest of Europe and now the rest of the world.

Nobody asked me how I want my taxation spent, probably because they know what answer they would get?

So sausages to the EU, they can shove their one state, one size fits all where the sun don't shine and the sooner we are free of those control freaks the better.

Perhaps we should be building more fast patrol boats so we can intercept all unwanted foreigners mid channel and tow 'em back to a port in their country of departure, hopefully France 'cos it's closest!.

Bulletguy - 2017-09-01 6:20 PM

antony1969 - 2017-09-01 4:54 PM

Hasn't taken you long fella to follow me again ...

Don't flatter yourself. You only have one member in your little "fan club" and it most certainly is not me.

The rest of your post is the usual waffle and mumbo jumbo too.

Fascinating stuff ... Happy Eid by the way ... Enjoy and have a blast

hi,

cheers

derek

Mmmm ... The truth , not what some fellas wanna hear ... Tha stomachs just can't take it I'm afraid ... Looks like you've already had a predictable response

Tracker - 2017-09-02 4:56 PM

hi,

cheers

derek

I agree with that whole heartedly.

Britain for the British.

Literally......or are we being selective here Richard?

Are you planning to send Abramovich back to motherland Russia or Al-Fayed back to Egypt? Or does being a billionaire exempt them from your ethnic cleansing?

On a lower scale, are you intending to shut down all Chinese, Indian, Thai, Italian, Mexican or Greek restaurants and send them packing too......because you would incur the wrath of millions of British people if you did. Not everyone wants roast beef, Yorkshire pud and two veg.

Then we have the awkward and embarrassing question of who you propose to replace the thousands of EU workers with, the dedicated nursing staff who've made up the backbone the NHS has relied on for years. Professionals who deserve better than a "little Englander" attitude don't you think?

We worked for it, we paid in to help build it, so why should we not fully benefit from our lifetime of hopes and expectations just to fund others who fancy a better life at our expense rather than get of their backsides and stay and build their own country into one to be proud of.

Depends on who you term as "we"?

Some British go to work whilst some don't and have no intention of either. There are currently 1.5 million unemployed though that statistic doesn't take into account zero hour contract workers.

And if the going gets too tough for us and benefits and pensions fall too low we can all buy a boat and migrate to whatever other country we fancy we can get a better deal from - and good luck with that one too!

Over 300,000 Brits leave UK every year, most for a better job and life prospects according to the ONS.

chart.thumb.jpeg.9481d5b7b300ecf669ee8bff77220a25.jpeg

Bulletguy - 2017-09-02 9:23 PM

Over 300,000 Brits leave UK every year, most for a better job and life prospects according to the ONS.

I am not in the least interested in what other people do and you can quoted selected figures until the cows come home as it makes no difference to me, but do carry on quoting only those selective quotes that serve your own views of course.

I have my views and the sooner we are out of the EU and forging a new United Kinngdom, with or without any parts of the UK that believe they can do better without England susidising them,. the better.

It will probably be a rocky road but better a free country, able to make our own decisions and making Britain great again, than a golden goose plonking big golden eggs for the EU to spend for us.

Tracker - 2017-09-02 9:32 PM

Bulletguy - 2017-09-02 9:23 PM

I am not in the least interested in what other people do and you can quoted selected figures until the cows come home as it makes no difference to me, but do carry on quoting only those selective quotes that serve your own views of course.

I have my views and the sooner we are out of the EU and forging a new United Kinngdom, with or without any parts of the UK that believe they can do better without England susidising them,. the better.

It will probably be a rocky road but better a free country, able to make our own decisions and making Britain great again, than a golden goose plonking big golden eggs for the EU to spend for us.

Looks like you've been at the pop again Richard. :D

Time for a few black coffees, an early night, and fantasise about "ruling the waves" and finding some foreign slaves.

Bulletguy - 2017-09-02 4:42 PM

hi,

cheers

derek

Derek.....one couple claiming their opinion is the most popular throughout Germany is somewhat stretching the realms of credibility don't you think!!? That you managed to find one other couple who agreed suggests to me you either didn't meet and mix with many German people, or maybe did, but ignored what they had to say as they weren't telling you what you wanted to hear!

Germany plans to increase their state retirement age to 67 which UK already have but we increased ours way before Cameron announced we would take the paltry figure of 20000 migrant refugees over five years (which has never been met), so immigration has absolutely no bearing on increase of state retirement age.....it's just a convenient excuse to use (though a very poor one!) by immigrant bashers. Due to a number of reasons, people are living longer so costing the state more money which has to be found from somewhere because Governments have always been loathe to increase tax (not a popular vote winner).

France has one of the lowest state retirement ages and only just risen from 60 to 62 though that's only for those who've paid social security contributions all their life. It's 67 for those who haven't.

hi Bulletguy,

I did not speak to a lot of germans as you say as I was in France and only spoke to our site neighbours. I also did not take a poll of all germans but just relayed what they said to us.It does seem obvious to me though that if ALL what was generated in a country STAYED in that country for nationals then each little slice of the cake would be larger, for us to do with whatever we decide as a country. For instance,if we reduced spending on all the people who come here for a better economic future then perhaps we could avoid our own people sleeping in the streets while accommodation is being given out to others. Nursing homes for the elderly may not be in such short supply. I also feel for the people who have had their retirement plans trashed by the recent changes, glad it did not affect me-did it affect you?if so I would be surprised if you thought it was a good idea. We have young people stuck in poorly paid jobs with poor t's and c's whilst older people are being forced to stay in largely better more established jobs.

Just all seems a bit cock-eyed to me.

cheers

derek

Bulletguy - 2017-09-02 11:19 PM

Time for a few black coffees, an early night, and fantasise about "ruling the waves" and finding some foreign slaves.

Caught again, yes I do enjoy a glass of fizzy lemonade from time to time.

It is often the way with people who hate their opinions questioned that they try to distort what was said and attempt to put inaccurate words into other people's mouths.

I don't want Britain to rule the waves but I do want us to protect our own first and others second.

I certainly do not condone slavery in any form, but neither do I want to see us introducing selective history culling to remove traces of things that were acceptable in their time but now are rightly no longer so, just to appease the mamby pamby wets obsessed with proving to everyone how much they care.

We all have, and are entitled to, our own opinions. It would be reassuring if some contributors could resist the school playground type behavior of calling names to those with whom they don't agree, you know, one wonders if all their arguments are as well thought out as the name calling.

I am also sceptical when people start quoting facts and figures to support their case or destroy someone else's, I am reminded of the US president, was it Ike?, who said that there are Lies, Dammed Lies, and Statistics.

AGD

We all have, and are entitled to, our own opinions. It would be reassuring if some contributors could resist the school playground type behavior of calling names to those with whom they don't agree, you know, one wonders if all their arguments are as well thought out as the name calling.

I am also sceptical when people start quoting facts and figures to support their case or destroy someone else's, I am reminded of the US president, was it Ike?, who said that there are Lies, Dammed Lies, and Statistics.

AGD

Archiesgrandad - 2017-09-03 12:21 PM

I am also sceptical when people start quoting facts and figures to support their case or destroy someone else's,

I am reminded of the US president, was it Ike?, who said that there are Lies, Dammed Lies, and Statistics.

AGD

I can only think that the people who take these statistics so seriously have never been involved in a job creating them.

;-)

derek pringle - 2017-09-03 8:24 AM

Bulletguy - 2017-09-02 4:42 PM

hi,

cheers

derek

hi Bulletguy,

I did not speak to a lot of germans as you say as I was in France and only spoke to our site neighbours. I also did not take a poll of all germans but just relayed what they said to us.It does seem obvious to me though that if ALL what was generated in a country STAYED in that country for nationals then each little slice of the cake would be larger, for us to do with whatever we decide as a country. For instance,if we reduced spending on all the people who come here for a better economic future then perhaps we could avoid our own people sleeping in the streets while accommodation is being given out to others. Nursing homes for the elderly may not be in such short supply. I also feel for the people who have had their retirement plans trashed by the recent changes, glad it did not affect me-did it affect you?if so I would be surprised if you thought it was a good idea. We have young people stuck in poorly paid jobs with poor t's and c's whilst older people are being forced to stay in largely better more established jobs.

Just all seems a bit cock-eyed to me.

cheers

derek

Yes it's not really a good idea to take the view of a couple of nationals from whatever country, staying on a campsite Derek! You just end up with a very narrow view which is not at all truly reflective and for anyone to claim their opinion was 'the most popular' is naive arrogance.

Assuming you are talking finance, it's impossible to keep ALL generated in this country, within it. Banking relies on "passporting" to electronically move vast amounts of money between countries to generate more which EU membership has enabled. As that's set to change with Brexit, that's the reason many major Banks are now relocating staff overseas which will incur many job losses in the UK finance sector. Seems the majority are headed for Frankfurt so it's another win/win for Germany's booming economy. The financial losses to UK will be massive. https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-brexit-bankers/

Rather than wallowing in the mire of incessant refugee/migrant bashing the Daily Mail et al constantly feeds the xenophobes, we need to start taking a more positive look at non-British who have migrated here and made huge changes to their lives, but could also go on to benefit the country. Only this week i heard on the radio news about two Syrian refugees who arrived in UK barely speaking English, received straight A grades in maths, physics and chemistry and now headed for University.Both want to study medicine to qualify as Doctors.

In answer to your last question, no the recent changes to retirement age did not affect me as i was born 1950. I also took early retirement at 60 seizing the opportunity to go with a redundancy package. I do however remember the last few days, sitting with a couple of young lads (late 20's early 30's) both of whom were now looking at 67 as their retirement age, but as i said to them, "Government will continue to move the goal posts as it's to be reviewed every five years, so it wouldn't surprise me if when you get to 50, it's moved to 70 or 75". I felt quite sorry for them.

Eventually the state pension will cease to exist and people will have to fund their own private pensions. That's fine if you are working and earning plenty to have a good wedge of disposable income. As i mentioned previously, people are living longer and it costs money to stay alive. The irony is over the years Government has openly encouraged healthier lifestyles, slapped punitive taxation on smokers in an effort to discourage smoking, but no plan on where to make up the shortfall as the £13 billion a year in tax begins to disappear. Maybe start on the boozers and whack them with heavy taxation? Drinking is on the increase and still seen as socially acceptable.

Tracker - 2017-09-03 10:13 AM

It is often the way with people who hate their opinions questioned that they try to distort what was said and attempt to put inaccurate words into other people's mouths.

Yeah i pretty much gathered that Richard though not convinced it was lemonade! "Distortion" was the problem.......i needed to decode your post. Drunk in charge of a keyboard should be a statutory offence! (lol)

Tracker - 2017-09-03 10:13 AM

I don't want Britain to rule the waves but I do want us to protect our own first and others second.

I certainly do not condone slavery in any form, but neither do I want to see us introducing selective history culling to remove traces of things that were acceptable in their time but now are rightly no longer so, just to appease the mamby pamby wets obsessed with proving to everyone how much they care.

The removal of statues seems to be some what of an obsession with the wet hanky types these days ... Ive yet to hear any of them wanting the removal of statues put up by Palestinian Authority to celebrate the terrorist murderers of Jews ... Corbyns friends those Palestinians ... Nice people

Archived