Another Major Fail by The Fail

Bulletguy

Bulletguy - 2017-11-25 8:41 PM
antony1969 - 2017-11-25 5:53 PM
Bulletguy - 2017-11-25 5:46 PM
pelmetman - 2017-11-25 5:06 PM
Bulletguy - 2017-11-25 4:50 PMNice try...no cigar. My door is always open to anyone in need. There are some unselfish British who think and care about others irrespective of nationality, but you aren't one of those people.
Put your gaff where your gob is then >:-) ......
You need to get out more. Aren't the chip shops and Brit boozers open in Spain yet? You run off from your beloved Blighty to do what??Sit in a van spending all day on a forum. *-)
antony1969 - 2017-11-25 5:13 PMso please PM your address to me
You have no business asking fm's to pm their personal address to you.
I take it then that like your inability....
Perfectly able thank you.......you haven't grasped what i told you before so here it is again in big easy to read lettering.YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS ASKING FM'S FOR THEIR PERSONAL ADDRESS.Is that clear now? If not then i suggest you take the matter up with forum admin and see what they have to say.

Can you point me in the direction of forum rules where it says one can not ask for personal addresses because from this lot below I seem unable to find that 'ever so important to you' rule?

15.4Contributions must not:
15.4.1contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
15.4.2contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
15.4.3promote sexually explicit material;
15.4.4promote violence;
15.4.5promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
15.4.6infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
15.4.7be likely to deceive any person;
15.4.8be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
15.4.9promote any illegal activity;
15.4.10be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
15.4.11be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
15.4.12be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
15.4.13give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
15.4.14advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.

I reckon this one might apply to you though if you don't actually avail yourself to the necessary authorities and offer to house those in need....because if you don't make it known you will be deceiving your readers and you really wouldn't want to do that would you...... :-) 

15.4.7   be likely to deceive any person.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RogerC - 2017-11-25 10:09 PM

Can you point me in the direction of forum rules where it says one can not ask for personal addresses because from this lot below I seem unable to find that 'ever so important to you' rule?

It was staring you in the face.

15.4.10 be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;

Bulletguy - 2017-11-26 2:20 AM

15.4.10 be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;

Be good to know how politely asking for your address by private mail is invading your privacy ... I hope I haven't offended you in anyway I was just blown away by your kind approach to the needy with your open house policy ... I would like to help if I can ... Can I offer to purchase tea and coffee , possibly biscuits if we are going to make more needy people in your area aware of your kind offer to take them in ... I don't quite know how we can arrange this without any personal contact which you seem to be against so obviously we'll have to do it all on this open forum which is absolutely fine by me ... Anyway arranging it all on here might shame others into doing as you do with your open house policy instead of just talking about helping might it ??? ... Regards

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2017-11-26 7:37 AM

Be good to know how politely asking for your address by private mail is invading your privacy ... I hope I haven't offended you in anyway I was just blown away by your kind approach to the needy with your open house policy ... I would like to help if I can ... Can I offer to purchase tea and coffee , possibly biscuits if we are going to make more needy people in your area aware of your kind offer to take them in ... I don't quite know how we can arrange this without any personal contact which you seem to be against so obviously we'll have to do it all on this open forum which is absolutely fine by me ... Anyway arranging it all on here might shame others into doing as you do with your open house policy instead of just talking about helping might it ??? ... Regards

Bullets a typical Plastic Do Gooder........ they're nothing like the real thing *-) .......

All talk & no action >:-) .......

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-11-26 8:16 AM

At the risk of stating the obvious. Just because you don't object to refugees seeking sanctuary in this country does not mean you have to acommodate them in your own home.

So long as they're not dumped in your neighbourhood eh? ;-) .........

Driving up rents :D ........

John52 - 2017-11-26 8:16 AM

At the risk of stating the obvious. Just because you don't object to refugees seeking sanctuary in this country does not mean you have to acommodate them in your own home.

Not just refugees ... Bullet says "my door is always open to anyone in need" ... Thats anyone and everyone and I salute Bullet for that ... He's actually doing while others just talk ... Im looking forward to helping Bullet reach out to a wider audience in his area as I truly believe together at his home we can make a difference to the needy ... Im hoping we can maybe do quite a lot around Christmas as thats a really lonely time for a lot of folk ... May I speak on behalf of myself and Bullet and say that any ideas on how best to utilise Bullets property and hospitality would be very welcome ... Regards

RogerC - 2017-11-25 10:09 PMCan you point me in the direction of forum rules where it says one can not ask for personal addresses because from this lot below I seem unable to find that 'ever so important to you' rule?
It was staring you in the face.15.4.10 be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;

How can asking a question possibly be construed as invading ones privacy?  All that was done was to ask you a question which you clearly can choose to answer or not.  That is in no way an invasion of privacy......

Hopefully before Barry and Bullet proceed any further with their kind offers of help for the needy they'll make sure as needy as these people are that they don't mistakingly take any of these types into their homes ... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5118483/Two-Afghan-gangs-open-fire-Calais.html ... They'll be here sooner or later I suppose but God forbid they end up in one of our friends caring homes

Your sarcasm in the above is boundless Antony.

I pointed out to you that you have absolutely no right or business asking for another forum members home address.Unless there is an agreement between both parties ie for the purpose of negotiating purchase/sale of an item etc, then there is no other valid reason why any forum member would need, or ask for, such private and personal information..........is there?

Now, if you are not happy with that very clear explanation then i did invite you to put the matter to the forum administrator and let them decide.

RogerC - 2017-11-26 1:55 PM

RogerC - 2017-11-25 10:09 PMCan you point me in the direction of forum rules where it says one can not ask for personal addresses because from this lot below I seem unable to find that 'ever so important to you' rule?

How can asking a question possibly be construed as invading ones privacy?  All that was done was to ask you a question which you clearly can choose to answer or not.  That is in no way an invasion of privacy......

Asking a question is fine......but Antony wasn't just asking a question. But you knew that didn't you? He asked for my private home address which i told him, and rightly so, he had no business or justifiable reason asking for it. By it's nature that alone is undoubtedly invading another person privacy, hence it contravenes the quoted forum t&c 15.4.10.

I'm surprised you've felt the need to involve yourself in this Roger which was clearly very unwise from the outset. If Antony isn't satisfied with my very clear explanation he knows he has the option of putting it to the admin and seeing what they have to say on the matter.

Bulletguy - 2017-11-26 5:50 PM

Your sarcasm in the above is boundless Antony.

I pointed out to you that you have absolutely no right or business asking for another forum members home address.Unless there is an agreement between both parties ie for the purpose of negotiating purchase/sale of an item etc, then there is no other valid reason why any forum member would need, or ask for, such private and personal information..........is there?

Now, if you are not happy with that very clear explanation then i did invite you to put the matter to the forum administrator and let them decide.

Asking a question is fine......but Antony wasn't just asking a question. But you knew that didn't you? He asked for my private home address which i told him, and rightly so, he had no business or justifiable reason asking for it. By it's nature that alone is undoubtedly invading another person privacy, hence it contravenes the quoted forum t&c 15.4.10.

I'm surprised you've felt the need to involve yourself in this Roger which was clearly very unwise from the outset. If Antony isn't satisfied with my very clear explanation he knows he has the option of putting it to the admin and seeing what they have to say on the matter.

But your the one getting upset about it ... Why on earth would I want to inform the moderator , your welcome to complain like you have in the past ... I believe its more about attempting to divert attention away from your open door claim anyway and that I believe is obvious to all ... Please carry on though its highly entertaining

Barryd999 - 2017-11-26 2:20 PM

Just so you know. I never bother opening Daily Mail links. May as well post a link to the Dandy or Beano. Try again.

You don't buy the Mail or visit its site or open links to it yet you call it at every opportunity and continuously put it down ... How do you form your opinion of it ???

antony1969 - 2017-11-26 7:37 AMBe good to know how politely asking for your address by private mail is invading your privacy ... I hope I haven't offended you in anyway I was just blown away by your kind approach to the needy with your open house policy ... I would like to help if I can ... Can I offer to purchase tea and coffee , possibly biscuits if we are going to make more needy people in your area aware of your kind offer to take them in ... I don't quite know how we can arrange this without any personal contact which you seem to be against so obviously we'll have to do it all on this open forum which is absolutely fine by me ... Anyway arranging it all on here might shame others into doing as you do with your open house policy instead of just talking about helping might it ??? ... Regards
Your sarcasm in the above is boundless Antony. I pointed out to you that you have absolutely no right or business asking for another forum members home address.Unless there is an agreement between both parties ie for the purpose of negotiating purchase/sale of an item etc, then there is no other valid reason why any forum member would need, or ask for, such private and personal information..........is there?Now, if you are not happy with that very clear explanation then i did invite you to put the matter to the forum administrator and let them decide.
It was staring you in the face.15.4.10 be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
Asking a question is fine......but Antony wasn't just asking a question. But you knew that didn't you? He asked for my private home address which i told him, and rightly so, he had no business or justifiable reason asking for it. By it's nature that alone is undoubtedly invading another person privacy, hence it contravenes the quoted forum t&c 15.4.10.I'm surprised you've felt the need to involve yourself in this Roger which was clearly very unwise from the outset. If Antony isn't satisfied with my very clear explanation he knows he has the option of putting it to the admin and seeing what they have to say on the matter.

It was merely a question and questions do not contravene any forum rule as far as I can see hence I asked because one doesn't want to do that now does one? 
As for being unwise....you are entitled to your opinion but my enquiry was one of simply desiring clarity over a claim you made and I considered had no basis in fact.  Incidentally I still consider you are grasping at straws if you consider your 'privacy' has been invaded.

Guest pelmetman

Just so you know. I never bother opening Daily Mail links. May as well post a link to the Dandy or Beano. Try again.

You need to get out more Barry and discover the real world ;-) ......

Although I doubt you'll like what you find 8-) ......

Much like many of those who claim to be do gooders >:-) ......

To much hope and not enough dope will be your problem (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

antony1969 - 2017-11-26 7:36 PM

But your the one getting upset about it ... Why on earth would I want to inform the moderator , your welcome to complain like you have in the past ... I believe its more about attempting to divert attention away from your open door claim anyway and that I believe is obvious to all ... Please carry on though its highly entertaining.

I responded to your post asking for my address Antony and i (and many others) are well aware you must always have the last word, but my patience with you has run the course now. If you are not content with that very clear explanation i gave for not disclosing my private home address, then feel free to take the matter up with the admin.

It's not a problem for me in comprehending that..........it seems to be for you.

RogerC - 2017-11-26 8:04 PM
antony1969 - 2017-11-26 7:37 AMBe good to know how politely asking for your address by private mail is invading your privacy ... I hope I haven't offended you in anyway I was just blown away by your kind approach to the needy with your open house policy ... I would like to help if I can ... Can I offer to purchase tea and coffee , possibly biscuits if we are going to make more needy people in your area aware of your kind offer to take them in ... I don't quite know how we can arrange this without any personal contact which you seem to be against so obviously we'll have to do it all on this open forum which is absolutely fine by me ... Anyway arranging it all on here might shame others into doing as you do with your open house policy instead of just talking about helping might it ??? ... Regards
Your sarcasm in the above is boundless Antony. I pointed out to you that you have absolutely no right or business asking for another forum members home address.Unless there is an agreement between both parties ie for the purpose of negotiating purchase/sale of an item etc, then there is no other valid reason why any forum member would need, or ask for, such private and personal information..........is there?Now, if you are not happy with that very clear explanation then i did invite you to put the matter to the forum administrator and let them decide.
Asking a question is fine......but Antony wasn't just asking a question. But you knew that didn't you? He asked for my private home address which i told him, and rightly so, he had no business or justifiable reason asking for it. By it's nature that alone is undoubtedly invading another person privacy, hence it contravenes the quoted forum t&c 15.4.10.I'm surprised you've felt the need to involve yourself in this Roger which was clearly very unwise from the outset. If Antony isn't satisfied with my very clear explanation he knows he has the option of putting it to the admin and seeing what they have to say on the matter.

It was merely a question and questions do not contravene any forum rule as far as I can see hence I asked because one doesn't want to do that now does one? 
As for being unwise....you are entitled to your opinion but my enquiry was one of simply desiring clarity over a claim you made and I considered had no basis in fact.  Incidentally I still consider you are grasping at straws if you consider your 'privacy' has been invaded.
I think its safe to translate Bullet talk into he's talked himself into a corner and needs a diversion ... Me asking him the question thats invaded his privacy is the diversion ... Yes I believe he is an adult

pelmetman - 2017-11-26 8:05 PM

Seen plenty of the real world Dave. Travelled all over the world and I doubt there is a single town with a population over say 70000 in the UK ive not worked in.

antony1969 - 2017-11-26 7:39 PM

You don't buy the Mail or visit its site or open links to it yet you call it at every opportunity and continuously put it down ... How do you form your opinion of it ???

Alright then! I do read em occasionally. (lol)

Bulletguy - 2017-11-26 8:14 PM
antony1969 - 2017-11-26 7:36 PMBut your the one getting upset about it ... Why on earth would I want to inform the moderator , your welcome to complain like you have in the past ... I believe its more about attempting to divert attention away from your open door claim anyway and that I believe is obvious to all ... Please carry on though its highly entertaining.
I responded to your post asking for my address Antony and i (and many others) are well aware you must always have the last word, but my patience with you has run the course now. If you are not content with that very clear explanation i gave for not disclosing my private home address, then feel free to take the matter up with the admin.It's not a problem for me in comprehending that..........it seems to be for you.

Risking sticking 'an oar in'(well it is an 'open' forum  :-)   ) from reading the direction and grounding for this to and fro, which I admit still evades my understanding of rule breaking, is it not you, if anyone, who should (as you claim rules have been broken) have recourse to the 'Mods'?  All Anthony has done is ask a question which you declined to answer ergo I see no reason for him to approach the 'Mods' as it appears you are the claimed 'aggrieved' party whereas Anthony simply received a refusal.  :-)

I'm not sure why i need to keep repeating this. What part of "Antony wasn't just asking a question he asked for my private home address..." do you not understand??

Like Antony you seem to be struggling with a basic simple fact so i will simplify.

Are you in the habit of asking for a forum members private home address you neither know nor met, for any other reason than what i previously stated?

No......of course not.

Is asking a forum member for their private home address for any other reason than previously stated, an invasion of a persons privacy?

Yes........of course it is.

Bulletguy - 2017-11-26 8:14 PM

antony1969 - 2017-11-26 7:36 PM

But your the one getting upset about it ... Why on earth would I want to inform the moderator , your welcome to complain like you have in the past ... I believe its more about attempting to divert attention away from your open door claim anyway and that I believe is obvious to all ... Please carry on though its highly entertaining.

I responded to your post asking for my address Antony and i (and many others) are well aware you must always have the last word, but my patience with you has run the course now. If you are not content with that very clear explanation i gave for not disclosing my private home address, then feel free to take the matter up with the admin.

It's not a problem for me in comprehending that..........it seems to be for you.

Hahahahaha .......... Is anyone else getting this ??? ... I ask for his address by private mail to pass on to the relevant charities regarding his open door policy and he wants me to complain to the moderators because he won't give me his address ??? ... Someones been on the Babycham this afternoon ... Funny though

Bulletguy - 2017-11-26 8:23 PM

I'm not sure why i need to keep repeating this. What part of "Antony wasn't just asking a question he asked for my private home address..." do you not understand??

Like Antony you seem to be struggling with a basic simple fact so i will simplify.

Are you in the habit of asking for a forum members private home address you neither know nor met, for any other reason than what i previously stated?

No......of course not.

Is asking a forum member for their private home address for any other reason than previously stated, an invasion of a persons privacy?

Yes........of course it is.

Hahahaha ... Ive actually just wet myself ... I thought this was an adult forum

Bulletguy - 2017-11-26 8:23 PM
RogerC - 2017-11-26 8:04 PMIt was merely a question and questions do not contravene any forum rule as far as I can see hence I asked because one doesn't want to do that now does one?
I'm not sure why i need to keep repeating this. i need repeat myself. What part of "Antony wasn't just asking a question he asked for my private home address..." do you not understand??Like Antony you seem to be struggling with a basic simple fact so i will simplify.Are you in the habit of asking for a forum members private home address you neither know nor met, for any other reason than what i previously stated?No......of course not.Is asking a forum member for their private home address for any other reason than previously stated, an invasion of a persons privacy?Yes........of course it is.

He 'invaded' nothing...he just asked a question.  Regardless of the intent behind it it was just a question.  You declined to answer therefore 'nothing was invaded'.

Had he obtained your address and acted with that information 'then' you would have cause to complain BUT as you declined to supply I fail to see how your privacy has been invaded.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2017-11-26 8:22 PM

pelmetman - 2017-11-26 8:05 PM

Seen plenty of the real world Dave. Travelled all over the world and I doubt there is a single town with a population over say 70000 in the UK ive not worked in.

Working and living in are two different things ;-) ......

Archived