Another Major Fail by The Fail

Bulletguy

antony1969 - 2017-11-28 7:33 PM Well just because I have concern about my home town doesn't mean you should or shouldn't either way Brian does it ??? ... You seem to have taken it upon yourself to attempt to prove some kind of point regarding my hometown ... I do believe this will be the third time I've said it , if you can show the true figure and not your Kirklees figure that you went out of your way to find but the true figure which covers the illegals that live here then maybe we can discuss further ... Do remember your the one that started putting numbers to those I claim live here not me ... Your rather childish claim that you thought they were all living next door to me is just that and not something I would expect from yourself ... You want the figure not me so you "nip to huddersfield to do the counting"

The overwhelming of Huddersfield by migrants/refugees (and now illegals) is your claim. You've never substantiated it. I did a quick trawl, and came up with 50 - from your local paper. In view of all you claims, as a local, I'd expect you to know whether that number is a reasonable assessment.

All you've done in response is ask me to give you alternative figures to back up your claims. I don't have the slightest intention of doing so, I'm happy with 50. Im not interested in your home town, and have no point about it to prove.

All that interested me was your claim that Huddersfield was, in effect, suffering unreasonably from an influx of legal/illegal/migrants/refugees, egregiously imposed on it by outsiders: whereas the reality seems to be that the whole of Metropolitan Kirklees (which includes Huddersfield) has just 50, and actively sought to take them in.

I'm sorry Antony, but In the absence of any further or better information from you (as the local expert), my conclusion is that Huddersfield is not overwhelmed as you claim, and that any "overwhelming" you claim to see exists only in your imagination. As I say, I'm sorry to draw that conclusion, but I can see no logical alternative.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2017-11-28 9:26 PM.......................................

The difference is Brian if you hadn't noticed ;-) .........

1 None of the other Religious gangs are currently carrying out acts of terrorism all over the world *-) ........

2 Plus to give Christians their due they do seem to have moved with the times on the whole.......unlike Muslims, who still seem stuck in the dark ages.......

3 What would your Mrs say if you told her she wasn't allowed out unless she was wearing a bin bag? >:-) ........

1 I think it fairer to say "none of the other Religious gangs have spawned extremists who are currently carrying out acts of terrorism all over the world". Even then, don't you have to distinguish between the Quran (which was your original point), its followers, and the minority of extremists among them who are currently carrying out acts of terrorism all over the world? It helps no-one to see the whole 1.6 or so billion Muslims around the world as potential terrorists, and estimates of the number who may, or have already become, terrorists, vary wildly depending on where, who is doing the estimating, and how they define the risk. The threat is real enough: I just don't see it being diminished by treating the entire Muslim population as potential terrorists: quite the opposite, in fact. There is no quick fix, however much we may want one, and we'd be fools to feed the monster by driving more into the arms of the terrorist recruiters.

2 True, though its taken them almost 2,000 year to get there! Islam is about 700 years behind the curve.

3 I'll let you ask her one day, when I'm at a safe distance! :-D Though, I don't really see why folk shouldn't wear bin bags if they want to! We are all different, are we not? What do you have against bin-bags?

Hey!! In that photo of Huddersfield they have an Al Fresco Greggs!!! How posh is that!! (lol)

Im going! Looks smashing. I expected to see a load of run down buildings and people dressed all in black hacking heads off but it looks alright!

I cant see any Kebab shops though sadly. Apparently Halal in the UK allows stunning of animals before they are slaughtered whereas Kosher does not. It also insists that the animal is well treat and cared for during its life. The EU did pass a law that stated that all animals should be stunned but the UK government opposed it. The same UK government that is now going to remove the EU law following Brexit that classes animals as being able to feel pain or emotions http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-government-vote-animal-sentience-cant-feel-pain-eu-withdrawal-bill-anti-science-tory-mps-a8065161.html

I doubt very many Kebab shops are Halal anyway but as regards protecting animal rights maybe we need to take a closer look at what the Tories have in mind post Brexit rather than pointing the finger at religion.

Who wants to place a bet as to how long it will be post Brexit before Fox hunting is legalised again?

There is a petition against this bill here https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/repeal-the-decision-to-exclude-animal-sentience-from-the-eu-withdrawal-bill?source=facebook-share-button&time=1511268316

Brian Kirby - 2017-11-29 11:54 AM

antony1969 - 2017-11-28 7:33 PM Well just because I have concern about my home town doesn't mean you should or shouldn't either way Brian does it ??? ... You seem to have taken it upon yourself to attempt to prove some kind of point regarding my hometown ... I do believe this will be the third time I've said it , if you can show the true figure and not your Kirklees figure that you went out of your way to find but the true figure which covers the illegals that live here then maybe we can discuss further ... Do remember your the one that started putting numbers to those I claim live here not me ... Your rather childish claim that you thought they were all living next door to me is just that and not something I would expect from yourself ... You want the figure not me so you "nip to huddersfield to do the counting"

The overwhelming of Huddersfield by migrants/refugees (and now illegals) is your claim. You've never substantiated it. I did a quick trawl, and came up with 50 - from your local paper. In view of all you claims, as a local, I'd expect you to know whether that number is a reasonable assessment.

All you've done in response is ask me to give you alternative figures to back up your claims. I don't have the slightest intention of doing so, I'm happy with 50. Im not interested in your home town, and have no point about it to prove.

All that interested me was your claim that Huddersfield was, in effect, suffering unreasonably from an influx of legal/illegal/migrants/refugees, egregiously imposed on it by outsiders: whereas the reality seems to be that the whole of Metropolitan Kirklees (which includes Huddersfield) has just 50, and actively sought to take them in.

I'm sorry Antony, but In the absence of any further or better information from you (as the local expert), my conclusion is that Huddersfield is not overwhelmed as you claim, and that any "overwhelming" you claim to see exists only in your imagination. As I say, I'm sorry to draw that conclusion, but I can see no logical alternative.

Overwhelming ... When did I say that Brian ? ... How on earth do I provide a figure when no one knows how many are here illegally ... A very close family member of mine who's now a full time Policeman but who 18 months ago was working as a volunteer for the force took part in a raid on a property just outside the town centre ... The Police managed to arrest or hold a few who were in the property at the time but they reckoned that 18 illegals were living in that property ... Now that's one property , do you want me to guess a figure or knock on every door checking who's inside ?

Barryd999 - 2017-11-29 12:33 PM

Hey!! In that photo of Huddersfield they have an Al Fresco Greggs!!! How posh is that!! (lol)

Im going! Looks smashing. I expected to see a load of run down buildings and people dressed all in black hacking heads off but it looks alright!

I cant see any Kebab shops though sadly. Apparently Halal in the UK allows stunning of animals before they are slaughtered whereas Kosher does not. It also insists that the animal is well treat and cared for during its life. The EU did pass a law that stated that all animals should be stunned but the UK government opposed it. The same UK government that is now going to remove the EU law following Brexit that classes animals as being able to feel pain or emotions http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-government-vote-animal-sentience-cant-feel-pain-eu-withdrawal-bill-anti-science-tory-mps-a8065161.html

I doubt very many Kebab shops are Halal anyway but as regards protecting animal rights maybe we need to take a closer look at what the Tories have in mind post Brexit rather than pointing the finger at religion.

Who wants to place a bet as to how long it will be post Brexit before Fox hunting is legalised again?

There is a petition against this bill here https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/repeal-the-decision-to-exclude-animal-sentience-from-the-eu-withdrawal-bill?source=facebook-share-button&time=1511268316

You forgotten what this South Yorkshire city looks like Barry ... You have after all worked in all the town's and cities in Britain ain't ya ... To be fair you'll know more about how the city centre looks after working here than me cos I don't go into the centre of the pits ... Its a shame Muslims dont care about their women the way you make out they do over animals ... Muslim school books teaching all sorts of nasties towards women in the papers im told today

All this Brian in just Huddersfield , not all of Kirklees but just Huddersfield for your 50 refugees ... I can tell you where my missus works they have 2 separate refugee support groups also ... http://migrantaction.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/ASYLUM-SEEKERS-AND-REFUGEES-SUPPORT-AGENCIES-FEB-2015.pdf ... They must get a lot of one on one attention Brian , mind the poor darlings do deserve it

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2017-11-29 12:31 PM

3 I'll let you ask her one day, when I'm at a safe distance! :-D Though, I don't really see why folk shouldn't wear bin bags if they want to! We are all different, are we not? What do you have against bin-bags?

Ask yourself why they feel the need to wear bin bags Brian ;-) .......

They weren't born thinking I'll wear a bin bag once I reach sexual maturity *-) .......

Guest pelmetman

2 True, though its taken them almost 2,000 year to get there! Islam is about 700 years behind the curve.

They didn't just get behind the curve in the 7th century they developed a Sunnis & Shia complex ( Not to be mistaken with the early 60's pop duo :D ) ........

ISIS is just another episode in that particular bun fight *-) ...........

Guest pelmetman

1 I think it fairer to say "none of the other Religious gangs have spawned extremists who are currently carrying out acts of terrorism all over the world". Even then, don't you have to distinguish between the Quran (which was your original point), its followers, and the minority of extremists among them who are currently carrying out acts of terrorism all over the world? It helps no-one to see the whole 1.6 or so billion Muslims around the world as potential terrorists, and estimates of the number who may, or have already become, terrorists, vary wildly depending on where, who is doing the estimating, and how they define the risk. The threat is real enough: I just don't see it being diminished by treating the entire Muslim population as potential terrorists: quite the opposite, in fact. There is no quick fix, however much we may want one, and we'd be fools to feed the monster by driving more into the arms of the terrorist recruiters.

So the moderates have a different agenda to ISIS? ;-) ..........Nah just different methods *-) .........

antony1969 - 2017-11-29 7:39 AM

Bulletguy - 2017-11-28 4:22 PM

antony1969 - 2017-11-28 6:21 AM

Bulletguy - 2017-11-27 9:32 PM

antony1969 - 2017-11-27 7:25 PM

Brian Kirby - 2017-11-27 6:22 PM

antony1969 - 2017-11-27 4:47 PM...................................... Your the one preaching to people like me telling us to do "what we can to help" and I have to live with them in my town while you tell me that your home and your village isn't good enough to do "what we can to help" ... Its utter hypocrisy and double standards ... I and plenty of others don't want them but you do and we get em ... Ruddy bonkers

Huddersfield is part of Kirklees Metropolitan Borough, which has a population of about 420,000. Huddersfield itself is the largest town, and has a population of just over 160,000.

According to the Huddersfield Examiner the number of Syrian refugees housed by Kirklees is 50. Apart from Huddersfield, Kirklees comprises Batley, Birstall, Cleckheaton, Denby Dale, Dewsbury, Heckmondwike, Holmfirth, Kirkburton, Marsden, Meltham, Mirfield and Slaithwaite.

Kirklees council has been instrumental in arranging with the Home Office for the settlement of these refugees. A number of local charities have contributed food, clothing etc donated by local residents.

I don't quite see where this claim that others want them but you get them is coming from, Antony. It seems Kirklees council wanted them, and Kirklees residents generally gave their support.

Or are the others you are speaking of all from Batley? :-D

Syrian ... Did you just say Syrian and no others ??? ... Thanks for the local lesson about Huddersfield Brian but what happened to the other counties these type things come from ??? ...

'These type things'?/? :-S*-)

How do you ever expect to be taken seriously when scraping the barrel to make inane disparaging remarks like that?

antony1969 - 2017-11-27 7:25 PM

Can you show me where Kirklees residents generally gave their support ???

You aren't particularly well read up on your councils activities are you? Don't you have local elections up there or are all your Councillors self appointed?

Dave Brown, head of Migration Yorkshire which has helped in the resettlements, said: “The people of Yorkshire have shown a warm welcome and offered practical support to refugee families and children this year, just as we have in previous humanitarian crises".

I'm sure Brian will be along to straighten you out further.

antony1969 - 2017-11-27 7:29 PM

Mmmm ... An adult site

Google Images? *-)

So you've changed it from Huddersfield to Yorkshire now fella ... Take a look at a map cos tha's a bit of a difference ...

I've "changed" nothing.......simply quoted a para from an article in your Huddersfield Examiner re. Dave Brown head of Migration Yorkshire. According to it's website it encompasses all of Yorkshire and the Humber regions. http://www.migrationyorkshire.org.uk/?page=searchinyourarea

pepe63 - 2017-11-28 9:21 AM

I've noticed that the usual Chatterbox residents have referenced Halal a few times of late, and when doing so try to make out that it's the animal welfare that they are concerned about.....

..and yet they never raise a peep about Kosher slaughter..?

I wonder why that would be?.......

So is it really the lack animal welfare during the slaughter that pishes them off or just the religion that carries it out?

Here's a previous, "Halal" thread, which is surprisingly brief considering who started it, and who first responded to it (it pretty much stopped dead, when I referenced Kosher).

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/Excellent-news-/48097/

Enjoy the rest of your day posting on here, "fellas"... ;-)

I think you answered your own question there Pepe! ;-)

That subject fact is always a dilemma for a xenophobe as you've seen!! ;-)

antony1969 - 2017-11-28 6:31 AM

Did I say "surrounded"... I live in a village myself with none thankfully here but Huddersfields a big town and unlike you and Bullet I aren't selfish and I care about whats pushed on my town and its residents , especially the young females who have to endure the unwanted attention ... You need to put up or shut up regarding seriously helping these types because absolutely nothing is stopping you apart from you ,

That's strange. For someone who "cares" so much you don't seem to know anything at all about how many migrants are in Huddersfield which is only 4 miles away from your suburb. You even told Brian you "don't know how many or where they are from" yet make a vague spurious guesstimate of "here in Huddersfield form part of the thousands and thousands and thousands...." which has most definitely been plucked from within your own mind! So rather than arrogantly telling other people to 'put up or shut up' i think it's about time you did just that until you learn to reign in your rampant xenophobic remarks and begin coming up with facts and reasoning to make a rationalised point instead of wailing wild hyperbole.

Brian gave you a very detailed logical response and his final para summed up what is obviously your own personal issue;

However, it now seems your main complaint is that it is the residents of adjoining parts of west Yorkshire, possibly of Yorkshire as a whole, possibly of other adjoining counties (not clear who/where the rogues are) that you see as imposing these (unspecified) numbers of migrants/refugees on Huddersfield. In the end it seems to be just local sour grapes politics. It begins to look a bit like a Yorkshire version of Clochemerle. A storm in a pissoir?

antony1969 - 2017-11-28 12:30 PM

If you can provide that figure of illegals we may have here in Huddersfield then maybe we could discuss the issue with a little more reality than your number of 50

The above can be your first little exercise into making your point more rationally. Instead of asking Brian to provide figures (which he already did incidentally but you dispute those), you live closer to that area than anyone else, should be more familiar with it's demographics......and of course, remember you said you "care about whats pushed on my town and its residents".

Can I quote you ... You say "many migrants are in Huddersfield which is only 4 miles away from your suburb" ... How do you know I live 4 miles away ??? ... I do not believe I have ever said where I live on this forum or that its 4 miles away ??? ... How do you know ???

Don't forget to answer my question Bullet

pelmetman - 2017-11-29 2:52 PM

So the moderates have a different agenda to ISIS? ;-) ..........Nah just different methods *-) .........

That Dave, is all in the mind - yours, and theirs.

Brian Kirby - 2017-11-29 4:51 PM

Join the club Dave ... Brian likes that "its all in your mind" get out of jail card

antony1969 - 2017-11-29 6:19 AM

Be a good little boy and in between trawling for porn pictures of your First Lady and views of Huddersfield find out the true figure like I have asked for quite a few times now from you and Brian for the amount of legals/illegals living here in Huddersfield , then maybe you can put some long trousers on and we can discuss properly can't we

Oh dear.....dummy out the pram at 6.19am. *-)

Can I quote you ...

Yes you can........but not how you edited out;

You say "many migrants are in Huddersfield which is only 4 miles away from your suburb" ...

No i didn't. That's selective quoting to fit your pot stirring narrative.

This is what i wrote;

"That's strange. For someone who "cares" so much you don't seem to know anything at all about how many migrants are in Huddersfield which is only 4 miles away from your suburb."

How do you know I live 4 miles away ??? ... I do not believe I have ever said where I live on this forum or that its 4 miles away ??? ... How do you know ???

You mentioned before ages ago you live on the outskirts of Huddersfield and not in the centre.

I notice once again that Brian has given you rational and concise responses which you continually fail to address, just as you have done throughout this thread and as you always do. It's easy to see why nobody takes your views seriously Antony and Brians last paragraph sums you up perfectly.

"I'm sorry Antony, but in the absence of any further or better information from you (as the local expert), my conclusion is that Huddersfield is not overwhelmed as you claim, and that any "overwhelming" you claim to see exists only in your imagination".

Isn't it just Barry? A well kept very clean town centre which any local would be proud to show off yet the resident Yorkie bar kid describes it as "a dirty old place".......hardly an honest description and one i suspect which would be viewed by proud Yorkshire people with much derision and anger. Quite shameful really but never having been there i thought it worth checking out on Google Images (the site which Antony thinks is a porn site *-)) and there are also some beautiful old buildings too if architectural history is your thing.

The Dama Cheese made by that hard working Syrian migrant lady in Huddersfield, i'm really tempted to buy some as it can be bought online. Might even be worth a trip up to meet her and ask her view on Huddersfield and the locals. ;-) Came to UK in 2012 after escaping war torn Syria with her husband and three young children. She has a degree in Pharmacy. They lost everything in the war but she didn't let that stop her from working hard once here.

http://www.yorkshiredamacheese.co.uk/

Yes that point is always an awkward truth for the Islamaphobe as Pepe noticed They don't like it being brought up. ;-)

Bulletguy - 2017-11-29 6:51 PM

Be a good little boy and in between trawling for porn pictures of your First Lady and views of Huddersfield find out the true figure like I have asked for quite a few times now from you and Brian for the amount of legals/illegals living here in Huddersfield , then maybe you can put some long trousers on and we can discuss properly can't we

Can I quote you ...

You say "many migrants are in Huddersfield which is only 4 miles away from your suburb" ...

This is what i wrote;

"That's strange. For someone who "cares" so much you don't seem to know anything at all about how many migrants are in Huddersfield which is only 4 miles away from your suburb."

How do you know I live 4 miles away ??? ... I do not believe I have ever said where I live on this forum or that its 4 miles away ??? ... How do you know ???

You mentioned before ages ago you live on the outskirts of Huddersfield and not in the centre.

I notice once again that Brian has given you rational and concise responses which you continually fail to address, just as you have done throughout this thread and as you always do. It's easy to see why nobody takes your views seriously Antony and Brians last paragraph sums you up perfectly.

"I'm sorry Antony, but in the absence of any further or better information from you (as the local expert), my conclusion is that Huddersfield is not overwhelmed as you claim, and that any "overwhelming" you claim to see exists only in your imagination".

Isn't it just Barry? A well kept very clean town centre which any local would be proud to show off yet the resident Yorkie bar kid describes it as "a dirty old place".......hardly an honest description and one i suspect which would be viewed by proud Yorkshire people with much derision and anger. Quite shameful really but never having been there i thought it worth checking out on Google Images (the site which Antony thinks is a porn site *-)) and there are also some beautiful old buildings too if architectural history is your thing.

The Dama Cheese made by that hard working Syrian migrant lady in Huddersfield, i'm really tempted to buy some as it can be bought online. Might even be worth a trip up to meet her and ask her view on Huddersfield and the locals. ;-) Came to UK in 2012 after escaping war torn Syria with her husband and three young children. She has a degree in Pharmacy. They lost everything in the war but she didn't let that stop her from working hard once here.

Yes that point is always an awkward truth for the Islamaphobe as Pepe noticed They don't like it being brought up. ;-)

I mentioned ages ago I lived on the outskirts of Huddersfield ??? ... I don't think so Bullet , Ive never described where I live like that as its totally wrong ... How far back do you think that post was as your normally very good at that ... I believe you've been looking into where I live but I will let you prove me wrong ... When and what thread did I say what you say ???

That story about the lady starting up the Cheese business is impressive. http://yorkshiredamacheese.co.uk/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=4

You have to admit whatever side of the fence your on that to drag three kids to a strange country from Syria as a refugee and end up winning awards for your own business in just a couple of years is pretty impressive. She doesnt sound very repressed to me either.

Whilst we know there are some chancers and maybe a few criminals you also have to accept that the large majority of Refugees just want to be safe. Another thing to consider is that genuine refugees like her an her family are the lucky and probably wealthy and educated ones. Resourceful and fit enough to get all the way to the UK. Many of them could be a real asset to the UK especially seeing as we are going about kicking out European workers huh? :D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2017-11-29 4:51 PM

So sharia courts are not spreading through out the UK?.......

Are they not pushing for sharia law to be incorporated into British laws?...........

Have they not attempted to take over schools in the UK? ........

Have their schools not been repeatedly caught teaching radical Islamic agenda's?........

Unless of course that's all in my mind too? ;-) .......Coz its also regularly in the media >:-) .......

antony1969 - 2017-11-29 2:29 PM

All this Brian in just Huddersfield , not all of Kirklees but just Huddersfield for your 50 refugees ... I can tell you where my missus works they have 2 separate refugee support groups also ... http://migrantaction.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/ASYLUM-SEEKERS-AND-REFUGEES-SUPPORT-AGENCIES-FEB-2015.pdf ... They must get a lot of one on one attention Brian , mind the poor darlings do deserve it

Well, that's an impressive list, so I assume they must all have "clients" to serve. So, more than the 50 Kirklees seem to acknowledge. That list implies a lot of people are involved in supporting the migrants out of a population of 160,000 or so. But, you seem to resent them doing this. Isn't it better that they get the support, than being left to find their own way? They're here, after all, so shouldn't they be helped to integrate?

Brian Kirby - 2017-11-29 7:31 PM

Well, that's an impressive list, so I assume they must all have "clients" to serve. So, more than the 50 Kirklees seem to acknowledge. That list implies a lot of people are involved in supporting the migrants out of a population of 160,000 or so. But, you seem to resent them doing this. Isn't it better that they get the support, than being left to find their own way? They're here, after all, so shouldn't they be helped to integrate?

Well I never said 50 Brian , you did so maybe the OPs original post title is correct , a fail on your behalf ... What have I said to make you believe I resent the help , something in my mind ? ... What makes you believe they would integrate more than the Muslims that are already here ? ... I thought you might man up Brian and apologise for your all in my mind remark ... Then again pigs might fly

Guest pelmetman

They're here, after all, so shouldn't they be helped to integrate?

Integrate? 8-) .......Just like all those other folk who live in their Muslim mono cultures have? (lol) .........

antony1969 - 2017-11-29 7:03 PM

Bulletguy - 2017-11-29 6:51 PM

Can I quote you ...

This is what i wrote;

I mentioned ages ago I lived on the outskirts of Huddersfield ??? ... I don't think so Bullet , Ive never described where I live like that as its totally wrong ... How far back do you think that post was as your normally very good at that ... I believe you've been looking into where I live but I will let you prove me wrong ... When and what thread did I say what you say ???

You got it yet Bullet ... I hope I'm wrong but thankfully after you published the forum rules the other day and specifically the invading ones privacy rule , it really did get me thinking you have violated that rule ... You've posted in my name and now told the whole forum information on where I live ... Thank you for making me aware of the terms as I was blissfully unaware of them

You're a big boy now, do your own searching.....you're always searching and digging out anything Islamaphobic. I'm not particularly interested in exactly where you live at all but i reckon 4 or 5 miles from the town centre is where 'suburbia' begins. Must do as it's obviously rattled your cage.

Barryd999 - 2017-11-29 7:05 PM

That story about the lady starting up the Cheese business is impressive. http://yorkshiredamacheese.co.uk/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=4

You have to admit whatever side of the fence your on that to drag three kids to a strange country from Syria as a refugee and end up winning awards for your own business in just a couple of years is pretty impressive. She doesnt sound very repressed to me either.

Whilst we know there are some chancers and maybe a few criminals you also have to accept that the large majority of Refugees just want to be safe. Another thing to consider is that genuine refugees like her an her family are the lucky and probably wealthy and educated ones. Resourceful and fit enough to get all the way to the UK. Many of them could be a real asset to the UK especially seeing as we are going about kicking out European workers huh? :D

Very impressive Barry and a credit to all residents of Yorkshire who rightly feel proud to have welcomed such hard working people to make their home there. Not only contributing locally but nationally too. She has shown what can be achieved when willing to work hard. Syria's loss.....Huddersfield gains!

More on Razan here; http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/27/smallbusiness/syria-refugee-dama-cheese-razan-alsous/index.html

There are many more like her who've fled from the bombed out rubble of Raqqa, Aleppo and Homs to make themselves a new life. Many highly qualified people too.....Doctors, Surgeons, Architects, Pharmacists, Scientists, Civil engineers, interpreters and many graduates who were studying at universities. I doubt many will ever return and i can't say i blame them. I wouldn't want to live among bombed out rubble with the daily threat of more dropping.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/09/britain-has-accepted-you-resettled-syrian-refugee-batous-family-nottinghamshire

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/syrian-refugee-graduates-as-a-doctor-in-london-after-10-years-and-four-countries-in-medical-school-a3601911.html

Brian Kirby - 2017-11-28 5:47 PM   I hope you're equally versed in both testaments of the Bible and the Talmud, Dave, as you may otherwise be frightening yourself by not having the full perspective. All these books were written more than 1,400 years ago (in two cases about 1,600 years ago), in the middle east, when times, laws, and practises were starkly different to today. I think their uncompromising attitudes, if read literally, have the capacity to shock almost anyone brought up on notions of modern governance, legality, and democracy. In the wrong hands, all have the capacity to justify mass violence when read, or preached, selectively.

Sorry folks...off topic I acknowledge (sorry) but I felt the 'need'......

I think that comment gives an opening to part of the 'Islamist Jihad' that the world is suffering from in present times.
Part of the problem is those who are 'processed' through the training camps in the lawless regions of Waziristan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Somalia, Balochistan etc etc are taught their 'hatred' by Mullas/Clerics who quite often themselves can not read.  The practice in these places is one of handing down 'knowledge' over the generations through word of mouth.

Extract from The New Oxonian:
Everything these clerics oppose—from freedom of conscience to freedom of marriage to educational equality for women–is rooted in a civilization that a now dead Islamic civilization tried to bury in the eleventh century. Wars, caliphs, ambition, and eventually desuetude combined to defeat it.

This stunning decline in clerical literacy has reached a crisis point in some countries like Kyrgyzstan where the number of trained mosque minders is steadily decreasing, and a few serious scholars now worry that misinterpretations of Islam could lead to an increase in the number of religious radicals. 

So I suggest that whilst there are those who can read and are able to understand these texts are, one hopes, in the main of a balanced mindset and not radicalised.  Clearly there are those who can read and are intent on distorting their 'book' (Abu Hamza springs to mind) but unfortunately it is Islam that has more than it's fair share of illiterate nut jobs in places of influence and power.
The bottom line.....what chance of being able to read 'literally'?

P.S.  As you mention the Bible and Talmud it is interesting that followers/adherents to either of those books are not hell bent on the conversion or destruction of those of a different faith or faithless.

antony1969 - 2017-11-29 7:39 PM

Well I never said 50 Brian , you did so maybe the OPs original post title is correct , a fail on your behalf ... What have I said to make you believe I resent the help , something in my mind ? ... What makes you believe they would integrate more than the Muslims that are already here ? ... I thought you might man up Brian and apologise for your all in my mind remark ... Then again pigs might fly

My op related to a total failure by The Fail on incorrect reporting....even the stream of tweets back pointed that out, "F*ks sake why are your reporting this when it's simply not true?" "Lies as usual from the rag paper" etc.

Far from 'fail' by Brian the only fail myself and others are continually seeing is that from you. Failure to rationalise your posts with any credibility. Using loaded hyperbole "thousands and thousands and thousands" (debunked as you couldn't provide evidential fact) in your "dirty old place" of Huddersfield (debunked once again after seeing how pleasant a town it actually is).

If you didn't resent Muslims so much then why would you continually make disparaging remarks about them? You appear to have a deep seated hatred of them as a whole. If i'm wrong on that then feel free to show me how and why because so far i've not read one post from you to make me believe anything to the contrary.. I look forward to you changing my mind on that but somehow remain very sceptical.

pelmetman - 2017-11-28 9:26 PM.......................................The difference is Brian if you hadn't noticed ;-) .........1 None of the other Religious gangs are currently carrying out acts of terrorism all over the world *-) ........2 Plus to give Christians their due they do seem to have moved with the times on the whole.......unlike Muslims, who still seem stuck in the dark ages.......3 What would your Mrs say if you told her she wasn't allowed out unless she was wearing a bin bag? >:-) ........
1 I think it fairer to say "none of the other Religious gangs have spawned extremists who are currently carrying out acts of terrorism all over the world". Even then, don't you have to distinguish between the Quran (which was your original point), its followers, and the minority of extremists among them who are currently carrying out acts of terrorism all over the world? It helps no-one to see the whole 1.6 or so billion Muslims around the world as potential terrorists, and estimates of the number who may, or have already become, terrorists, vary wildly depending on where, who is doing the estimating, and how they define the risk. The threat is real enough: I just don't see it being diminished by treating the entire Muslim population as potential terrorists: quite the opposite, in fact. There is no quick fix, however much we may want one, and we'd be fools to feed the monster by driving more into the arms of the terrorist recruiters.2 True, though its taken them almost 2,000 year to get there! Islam is about 700 years behind the curve.3 I'll let you ask her one day, when I'm at a safe distance! :-D Though, I don't really see why folk shouldn't wear bin bags if they want to! We are all different, are we not? What do you have against bin-bags?

....unfortunately, according to research and religious beliefs/teachings, a great many 'do not want to' they are forced to wear 'bin bags' as you put it by their husbands/fathers/brothers/male family members under fear of beating if they don't.

Bulletguy - 2017-11-29 9:10 PM

You're a big boy now, do your own searching.....you're always searching and digging out anything Islamaphobic. I'm not particularly interested in exactly where you live at all but i reckon 4 or 5 miles from the town centre is where 'suburbia' begins. Must do as it's obviously rattled your cage.

Barryd999 - 2017-11-29 7:05 PM

Very impressive Barry and a credit to all residents of Yorkshire who rightly feel proud to have welcomed such hard working people to make their home there. Not only contributing locally but nationally too. She has shown what can be achieved when willing to work hard. Syria's loss.....Huddersfield gains!

More on Razan here; http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/27/smallbusiness/syria-refugee-dama-cheese-razan-alsous/index.html

There are many more like her who've fled from the bombed out rubble of Raqqa, Aleppo and Homs to make themselves a new life. Many highly qualified people too.....Doctors, Surgeons, Architects, Pharmacists, Scientists, Civil engineers, interpreters and many graduates who were studying at universities. I doubt many will ever return and i can't say i blame them. I wouldn't want to live among bombed out rubble with the daily threat of more dropping.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/09/britain-has-accepted-you-resettled-syrian-refugee-batous-family-nottinghamshire

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/syrian-refugee-graduates-as-a-doctor-in-london-after-10-years-and-four-countries-in-medical-school-a3601911.html

I think its more than obvious you've been doing some after hours digging up on me and you've shown an unhealthy interest in where I live ... I thought posting in my name was a little bunny boiler but this is actually quite intimidating and I am actually a little concerned that we may have a safety issue here ... My missus is not very happy with the situation especially after the weekend when our security light was mysteriously broken (not saying its connected to this invasion of privacy) ... You had threatened to have nothing more to do with me the other week too , I think your words were something like "your finished with me" which with everything else those words take on a chilling new meaning ... I'm mulling over my next step with this one (the security light is now fixed by the way )

Archived