You Couldn't Make It Up

antony1969

I entirely accept that this maybe a case where there was a reaction bordering on hysterics from Ms Smeeth. "My lady doth protest too much" comes to mind. Good ol' Shakespeare if only he was alive to witness all the showboating that is going on in both sides of the divide. I think he has a modern day equivalent in our mate Jonathan Pie. I'm supposed to be working so can't read your links at the moment Paul but will do when I get a chance. I trust not all of what a posted was lost on you.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Violet1956 - 2018-04-29 5:28 PM

I entirely accept that this maybe a case where there was a reaction bordering on hysterics from Ms Smeeth. "My lady doth protest too much" comes to mind. Good ol' Shakespeare if only he was alive to witness all the showboating that is going on in both sides of the divide. I think he has a modern day equivalent in our mate Jonathan Pie. I'm supposed to be working so can't read your links at the moment Paul but will do when I get a chance. I trust not all of what a posted was lost on you.

No, nothing lost on me and i did realise after it was quite a lengthy reply so will take time to go through. Reading various reports it soon became apparent to me the Torygraph reporter had used her question to raise the issue of the press release handed out by Wadsworth, issues which had absolutely nothing to do with the purpose of the meeting which was about Chakrabati's report into antisemitism which Wadsworth had just praised.

Talking of Jonathan Pie (Tom Walker) he was interviewed on Channel 4 news last week and told how he created the parody. Some folk probably believe he is a reporter!

• 2 weeks later...
Is it true Jeremy sponsored a commons motion to ban Israel from The Eurovision Song Contest back in 2010 because obviously they are not in Europe ??? ... I wonder if he's done the same over Australia taking part ... Somehow I doubt it ... Anti-Semitism yuk

Archived