You Couldn't Make It Up

antony1969

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman

So Corbyn makes friends with a Jewish group that is anti Israel (lol) ..........

How very Jeremy >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2018-04-03 8:24 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-04-02 5:47 PM

pelmetman - 2018-04-02 3:01 PM

So DUM DUM why does this so called poll not appear on the Yougov website seeing as they've supposedly carried it out? ;-) ..........

Just askin Yet again? *-) ........

Pelmethead........are you seriously so thick or simply being disingenuous or purposely obtuse? I'll make it simple for you but have no pretty pictures to help you.

1) The poll was conducted by YouGov in 2017.......it states that if you look at the chart.

I suspect anyone with reasonable IT skill's could knock up the same graphic's as Yougov........Which is why I keep asking why the poll doesn't appear in the Yougov archive? ;-) .........

It's looking to me like a "fake Yougov poll" :D ..........

So stop huffing & puffing and find the poll on the Yougov website, then I might believe you >:-) .........

You've scored a hell of a massive own goal..........because unlike you, yesterday i looked into who Campaign Against Antisemitism are......and you couldn't find a more pro-Israeli anti-Palestinian group with right wing political roots. So had you bothered to look at that link, you'd have found much to arouse your bigoted race hate narrative but instead just went blindly bumbling on digging yourself into a hole.

What you're claiming is the pro-Jewish Campaign Against Antisemitism group published a fake YouGov poll on their site. Well done! (lol)(lol)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-04-03 3:27 PM

pelmetman - 2018-04-03 8:24 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-04-02 5:47 PM

pelmetman - 2018-04-02 3:01 PM

So DUM DUM why does this so called poll not appear on the Yougov website seeing as they've supposedly carried it out? ;-) ..........

Just askin Yet again? *-) ........

Pelmethead........are you seriously so thick or simply being disingenuous or purposely obtuse? I'll make it simple for you but have no pretty pictures to help you.

1) The poll was conducted by YouGov in 2017.......it states that if you look at the chart.

I suspect anyone with reasonable IT skill's could knock up the same graphic's as Yougov........Which is why I keep asking why the poll doesn't appear in the Yougov archive? ;-) .........

It's looking to me like a "fake Yougov poll" :D ..........

So stop huffing & puffing and find the poll on the Yougov website, then I might believe you >:-) .........

You've scored a hell of a massive own goal..........because unlike you, yesterday i looked into who Campaign Against Antisemitism are......and you couldn't find a more pro-Israeli anti-Palestinian group with right wing political roots. So had you bothered to look at that link, you'd have found much to arouse your bigoted race hate narrative but instead just went blindly bumbling on digging yourself into a hole.

What you're claiming is the pro-Jewish Campaign Against Antisemitism group published a fake YouGov poll on their site. Well done! (lol)(lol)

So prove the poll isn't fake ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-04-03 4:09 PM

A pro-Jewish politically right wing website publishing a fake poll?? I'd have thought it in your interest to prove it is!!! (lol)(lol)

Massive own goal Pelmet plonker!! (lol)(lol)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-04-03 4:49 PM

pelmetman - 2018-04-03 4:09 PM

A pro-Jewish politically right wing website publishing a fake poll?? I'd have thought it in your interest to prove it is!!! (lol)(lol)

Massive own goal Pelmet plonker!! (lol)(lol)

I'm an Atheist so how is it a own goal? :-S ............

So I take it you can't find the poll on Yougov website either? ;-) ........

Meantime back on planet earth away from the pathetic smear campaign attempted by most Tories to divert the heat off May over her inept handling of Brexit and now the Skripal affair......one lone Tory voice of common sense standing up against the nasty little bigoted people;

A Conservative former minister has lashed out at an allegedly racist party leaflet that accused Labour of planning to create an “inner city area” in Havering.

"The Tories “cannot attack Corbyn for indulging anti-semitism in Labour and allow messages like this to go unchallenged”.

Well said to Tory MP Mr Boles and shame on those perpetuating this wicked smear campaign against Mr Corbyn.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/conservative-party/news/93996/conservative-ex-minister-joins-attacks-tory

About time the Tories recognised the ongoing vile racism within their own party and concentrated on sorting that out. Pretentious bigoted gits.

https://www.unitetheunion.org/uploaded/documents/(JN7434)%20A4%20Tory%20Racism%20Brochure%20SIN11-26629.pdf

Bulletguy - 2018-04-08 10:19 PM

Meantime back on planet earth away from the pathetic smear campaign attempted by most Tories to divert the heat off May over her inept handling of Brexit and now the Skripal affair......one lone Tory voice of common sense standing up against the nasty little bigoted people;

A Conservative former minister has lashed out at an allegedly racist party leaflet that accused Labour of planning to create an “inner city area” in Havering.

"The Tories “cannot attack Corbyn for indulging anti-semitism in Labour and allow messages like this to go unchallenged”.

Well said to Tory MP Mr Boles and shame on those perpetuating this wicked smear campaign against Mr Corbyn.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/conservative-party/news/93996/conservative-ex-minister-joins-attacks-tory

About time the Tories recognised the ongoing vile racism within their own party and concentrated on sorting that out. Pretentious bigoted gits.

https://www.unitetheunion.org/uploaded/documents/(JN7434)%20A4%20Tory%20Racism%20Brochure%20SIN11-26629.pdf

Desperate stuff ... "Pretentious bigoted gits" ... Unbelievably I don't think you've used that term before ... Well done you ... Go dry yourself down ... Still not condemning the widely accepted anti-Semitic stuff I see ... Speaks volumes

antony1969 - 2018-04-08 10:31 PM

Desperate stuff ... "Pretentious bigoted gits" ... Unbelievably I don't think you've used that term before ... Well done you ... Go dry yourself down ... Still not condemning the widely accepted anti-Semitic stuff I see ... Speaks volumes

Racism is not and never has been exclusive to Labour.....it's a cross party issue so take your blinkers off and accept fact that it is exactly that. Why are you ignoring and refusing to condemn that fact? And please don't attempt to refute that with your usual deflectionary nonsense because you've continually sniped about Corbyn/Labour and not once addressed the issue toward any other political party.

Your attitude certainly does speak volumes about you, that's for sure as you are obviously unwilling to accept racism exists in other parties and become upset when it's pointed out to you.

Bulletguy - 2018-04-09 12:42 AM

antony1969 - 2018-04-08 10:31 PM

Racism is not and never has been exclusive to Labour.....it's a cross party issue so take your blinkers off and accept fact that it is exactly that. Why are you ignoring and refusing to condemn that fact? And please don't attempt to refute that with your usual deflectionary nonsense because you've continually sniped about Corbyn/Labour and not once addressed the issue toward any other political party.

Your attitude certainly does speak volumes about you, that's for sure as you are obviously unwilling to accept racism exists in other parties and become upset when it's pointed out to you.

Have I said racism doesn't exist in other parties ??? No of course not so stop being silly it exists everywhere in all walks of life but thats not the current issue is it ??? I don't see certain groups out marching and demonstrating against any other party other than Labour currently do you ??/ ... Your party is in the news right now because it has been exposed as having anti-Semites at all levels with some members even questioning if the holocaust took place and you aren't condemning it ... Its how it started in Germany and Im very concerned for our lovely Jewish community ... Obviously your not

antony1969 - 2018-04-09 6:29 AM

Have I said racism doesn't exist in other parties ???

I knew you'd throw that out which was why i mentioned about 'going to your usual deflectionary nonsense'. It's what you always revert to along with asking for proof etc etc.

No of course not so stop being silly it exists everywhere in all walks of life but thats not the current issue is it ???

If sincere about that then why can you not see it's endemic within other parties, in particular the Tory party which i've shown you evidence of but you ignore?

I don't see certain groups out marching and demonstrating against any other party other than Labour currently do you ??/ ... Your party is in the news right now because it has been exposed as having anti-Semites at all levels...

There is anti-semitism at all levels everywhere....you said so yourself only a few lines up (quoted) so you need ask yourself exactly what is the real agenda behind all this sudden outburst of smearing. Politically it's come at a very convenient time for a start. May's party, what's left of it, is in total disarray over Brexit and now battling to 'bury' the Skripal affair....."Skripalgate" as it's become known. The Tories desperately need the heat taking off so what better way than to seize some deflectionary tactics.

Personally i'm against singling out 'anti-semitism' almost as though they are some kind of 'special case' because it's racism per se they should be fighting. And yes fwiw i don't like the "Black Lives Matter" slogan for the same reason. In my opinion it was ill thought out as "Lives Matter".......irrespective of colour, ethnicity etc. In US though where all that started i realise black Americans throughout their history have suffered differently to black people in our country and have had to fight extremely hard in the past.....civil rights/Luther King etc....which may have led to them thinking of the current slogan. It's still not the best thought out though (imo).

...with some members even questioning if the holocaust took place and you aren't condemning it ... Its how it started in Germany and Im very concerned for our lovely Jewish community ... Obviously your not

Which came about through far right extremism.....Nazism and Fascism, and having visited 15 concentration camps and all six extermination camps (yes there were differences), i'm well aware of the horrors which took place. Everyone knows about the "6 million Jews" and the evils which went on but few know or even mention a similar number of Russian and Ukrainian pow's also suffered the same fate. Almost as though they were 'irrelevant'. Thankfully Germany doesn't see it that way and today at many concentration camps which had Russian and Ukrainian pow's there are memorial blocks in remembrance of those who lost their lives...Sachsenhausen camp devotes an entire block on the grounds to Russians who were brutally treated by the Nazis before being exterminated.

Irrespective of a persons politics, if someone genuinely wants to deny the holocaust i'd ask them to come to Poland and i'll show them what i've seen. They can read the comments in the visitors book at Treblinka, walk the grounds (which are vast) and see the evidence.....same at Sobibor and Majdanek just a few miles away. One thing Germans are known for is attention to detail and documentation.....and it was that which proved their downfall. There is shed loads of detailed documented evidence such as the number of people delivered to the camps by the trains each day. The remnants of the gas chambers they tried to destroy at Birkenau.....still there.

As for deniers, i've personally only met four that obviously were, three Germans and one British...the Brit guy lived at Wurth near Nuremberg.

Bulletguy - 2018-04-09 3:17 PM

antony1969 - 2018-04-09 6:29 AM

Have I said racism doesn't exist in other parties ???

I knew you'd throw that out which was why i mentioned about 'going to your usual deflectionary nonsense'. It's what you always revert to along with asking for proof etc etc.

No of course not so stop being silly it exists everywhere in all walks of life but thats not the current issue is it ???

If sincere about that then why can you not see it's endemic within other parties, in particular the Tory party which i've shown you evidence of but you ignore?

I don't see certain groups out marching and demonstrating against any other party other than Labour currently do you ??/ ... Your party is in the news right now because it has been exposed as having anti-Semites at all levels...

There is anti-semitism at all levels everywhere....you said so yourself only a few lines up (quoted) so you need ask yourself exactly what is the real agenda behind all this sudden outburst of smearing. Politically it's come at a very convenient time for a start. May's party, what's left of it, is in total disarray over Brexit and now battling to 'bury' the Skripal affair....."Skripalgate" as it's become known. The Tories desperately need the heat taking off so what better way than to seize some deflectionary tactics.

Personally i'm against singling out 'anti-semitism' almost as though they are some kind of 'special case' because it's racism per se they should be fighting. And yes fwiw i don't like the "Black Lives Matter" slogan for the same reason. In my opinion it was ill thought out as "Lives Matter".......irrespective of colour, ethnicity etc. In US though where all that started i realise black Americans throughout their history have suffered differently to black people in our country and have had to fight extremely hard in the past.....civil rights/Luther King etc....which may have led to them thinking of the current slogan. It's still not the best thought out though (imo).

...with some members even questioning if the holocaust took place and you aren't condemning it ... Its how it started in Germany and Im very concerned for our lovely Jewish community ... Obviously your not

Which came about through far right extremism.....Nazism and Fascism, and having visited 15 concentration camps and all six extermination camps (yes there were differences), i'm well aware of the horrors which took place. Everyone knows about the "6 million Jews" and the evils which went on but few know or even mention a similar number of Russian and Ukrainian pow's also suffered the same fate. Almost as though they were 'irrelevant'. Thankfully Germany doesn't see it that way and today at many concentration camps which had Russian and Ukrainian pow's there are memorial blocks in remembrance of those who lost their lives...Sachsenhausen camp devotes an entire block on the grounds to Russians who were brutally treated by the Nazis before being exterminated.

Irrespective of a persons politics, if someone genuinely wants to deny the holocaust i'd ask them to come to Poland and i'll show them what i've seen. They can read the comments in the visitors book at Treblinka, walk the grounds (which are vast) and see the evidence.....same at Sobibor and Majdanek just a few miles away. One thing Germans are known for is attention to detail and documentation.....and it was that which proved their downfall. There is shed loads of detailed documented evidence such as the number of people delivered to the camps by the trains each day. The remnants of the gas chambers they tried to destroy at Birkenau.....still there.

As for deniers, i've personally only met four that obviously were, three Germans and one British...the Brit guy lived at Wurth near Nuremberg.

I said racism exists in all walks of life so don't alter my words ... I don't believe any of us need history lessons when it comes Jewish persecution by the Nazis either so maybe just stick to the thread issue which is Labour's massive problem with anti-Semitism , something we can all surely condemn ... Or maybe not it would seem

antony1969 - 2018-04-09 3:57 PM

I said racism exists in all walks of life so don't alter my words ...

And which words are you claiming i've "altered"?? :-S

I don't believe any of us need history lessons when it comes Jewish persecution by the Nazis.

So why mention it if you don't accept the source of it's political roots?

...so maybe just stick to the thread issue which is Labour's massive problem with anti-Semitism , something we can all surely condemn ... Or maybe not it would seem

As i posted yesterday and will quote again as Tory MP Nick Boles said when addressing a nasty xenophobic racist leaflet put out by his own party;

Bulletguy - 2018-04-09 5:45 PM

antony1969 - 2018-04-09 3:57 PM

I said racism exists in all walks of life so don't alter my words ...

And which words are you claiming i've "altered"?? :-S

I don't believe any of us need history lessons when it comes Jewish persecution by the Nazis.

So why mention it if you don't accept the source of it's political roots?

...so maybe just stick to the thread issue which is Labour's massive problem with anti-Semitism , something we can all surely condemn ... Or maybe not it would seem

As i posted yesterday and will quote again as Tory MP Nick Boles said when addressing a nasty xenophobic racist leaflet put out by his own party;

You said I accepted there was anti-Semitism at all levels ... Well I didn't say that did I unless you can provide

my quote

What your second point is I don't know ... Of course I accept Nazi persecution of Jews and condemn it but as time goes on that has more similarities with Corbyns Labour and you don't condemn it

Unlike you with your 3rd point I don't play party politics when it comes to those who spew vile hatred to one of our fine communities here in Blighty ... If A Tory has said something vile towards Jews then they need punishing but lets be fair its a drop in the ocean compared to Labour ... Still you've not condemned your parties obvious Jewish hatred ... Shocking , maybe even a touch of racist xenophobia ???

antony1969 - 2018-04-09 6:11 PM

You said I accepted there was anti-Semitism at all levels ... Well I didn't say that did I unless you can provide my quote

We've had this before and i believe Brian took it up with you also. Anti-Semitism is racism and comes under the same umbrella as Islamaphobia etc. I make no exclusions but obviously you do.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/dec/02/antisemitism-is-racism-malky-mackay-david-whelan-mario-balotelli

What your second point is I don't know ... Of course I accept Nazi persecution of Jews and condemn it but as time goes on that has more similarities with Corbyns Labour and you don't condemn it

Unlike you with your 3rd point I don't play party politics when it comes to those who spew vile hatred to one of our fine communities here in Blighty ... If A Tory has said something vile towards Jews then they need punishing but lets be fair its a drop in the ocean compared to Labour ... Still you've not condemned your parties obvious Jewish hatred ... Shocking , maybe even a touch of racist xenophobia ???

You'd help yourself a lot better if only you could acknowledge anti-semitism/racism is present in both parties rather than continually regurgitating, "it's Corbyn..it's Labour". I know you hate Corbyn and you hate certain Labourites who don't dance to your tune hence the reason for your biased blinkered view which is apparent in many posts you make, so as for you claiming not to "play party politics".......pull the other one!

I don't feel your 'concern' over anti-semitism to be that sincere actually given your open support of xenophobic racist politicians such as Le Pen, Wilders and now gleefully crowing about Viktor Orbán. You nailed your 'colours' to the mast long back and i've seen nothing to suggest you've changed.

Bulletguy - 2018-04-09 6:40 PM

antony1969 - 2018-04-09 6:11 PM

You said I accepted there was anti-Semitism at all levels ... Well I didn't say that did I unless you can provide my quote

We've had this before and i believe Brian took it up with you also. Anti-Semitism is racism and comes under the same umbrella as Islamaphobia etc. I make no exclusions but obviously you do.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/dec/02/antisemitism-is-racism-malky-mackay-david-whelan-mario-balotelli

You'd help yourself a lot better if only you could acknowledge anti-semitism/racism is present in both parties rather than continually regurgitating, "it's Corbyn..it's Labour". I know you hate Corbyn and you hate certain Labourites who don't dance to your tune hence the reason for your biased blinkered view which is apparent in many posts you make, so as for you claiming not to "play party politics".......pull the other one!

I don't feel your 'concern' over anti-semitism to be that sincere actually given your open support of xenophobic racist politicians such as Le Pen, Wilders and now gleefully crowing about Viktor Orbán. You nailed your 'colours' to the mast long back and i've seen nothing to suggest you've changed.

Of course anti-Semitism is racism but that isn't what you said I had said is it ??? If we are going to quote what others say lets do that and quote exactly what they say shall we ... Makes life a lot simpler ... I know you can read so Im struggling with your 2nd point ... Ive acknowledged anti-Semitism is present in all walks of life but it would seem our opposition party has a particular problem with it ... You seem to struggle to accept that let alone condemn it ... Quite shameful but carry on your making yourself look quite racist

antony1969 - 2018-04-09 7:16 PM

Of course anti-Semitism is racism but that isn't what you said I had said is it?

I've a feeling you're purposely taking this around in circles for the sake of pedantry in the extreme!

You said, "racism exists in all walks of life" so i fail to see what you take exception to as you have not clearly stated despite being asked.

If we are going to quote what others say lets do that and quote exactly what they say shall we ... Makes life a lot simpler ...

As above.

Im struggling with your 2nd point ... Ive acknowledged anti-Semitism is present in all walks of life but it would seem our opposition party has a particular problem with it ... You seem to struggle to accept that let alone condemn it ... Quite shameful but carry on your making yourself look quite racist.

The reason you're "struggling" is as i've mentioned many times anti-semitism/racism is a cross party issue and not party exclusive....it has no boundaries. There is no excusing it with a "but".....and following that up directly with "it would seem..." shows you're forming your viewpoint on conjecture, spin and smear.

Corbyn has openly condemned anti-semitism/racism yet for people like you he's damned if he doesn't and damned when he does.......which comes across as nothing more than your open dislike for Corbyn and the politics of his party. Nothing more or less than that which is a very poor foundation on which to base your argument as it becomes totally senseless.

You can read Corbyn's full speech from the link.....but i doubt you will because it won't suit your narrative so here are a few excerpts......which i also doubt you will read; I think i know why.

"“Boris Johnson, current favourite to lead the Tory party, compared Hitler’s murderous tyranny with the European project created from its ashes and questioned Barack Obama's motives because of his “part-Kenyan heritage”.

“That was no dog whistle. That was a fog horn - a classic racist trope – casting doubt on someone’s motivation because of their race.

“The Justice Secretary Michael Gove compared pro-Remain economists to Nazi collaborators, a startling example of the way in which the Nazi regime and the Holocaust can be minimized, trivialized or even forgotten by ill-judged comparisons.

“And Nigel Farage warned of mass sex attacks should the Remain Campaign win, calling it the “nuclear bomb” of the Brexit campaign. Is it only me who just doesn't find him funny any more?

“These are hateful comments - no question. They are unworthy of the millions who voted to Leave, not out of xenophobia or racism, but often as a desperate response - yes to austerity, but also to years of being ignored and left behind by the Westminster elite.

“Divide and rule is the oldest trick in the book - whether used by imperial powers abroad or hate-mongers at home. Turn people against each other. Use race or religion or anything else you can find and hope they will be too distracted or consumed to take on the great inequalities of wealth and power in the world.

“Racism is racism is racism. There is no hierarchy - no acceptable form of it. I have always fought it in all its forms and I always will. But while we respond to hate with universal principles we must also remember people's particular experience, if we are too ensure that not one person feels vulnerable or excluded from their natural political home.

“The Jewish community has made an enormous contribution to our Party and our country – Jewish people have been at the heart of progressive and radical politics in Britain, as elsewhere, for well over a century.

“But they are also a minority amongst minorities and have had good cause to feel vulnerable and even threatened throughout history. This should never happen by accident or design in our Labour Party. Modern antisemitism may not always be about overt violence and persecution, though there is too much of that even to this day. We must also be vigilant against subtler and invidious manifestations of this nasty ancient hatred and avoid slipping into its traps by accident or intent.

“For the avoidance of doubt, I do not believe in name calling and I never have. “Zio” is a vile epithet that follows in a long line of earlier such terms that have no place in our Party. Nor should anyone indulge in the kind of stereotyping that can cause such hurt and harm.

“To assume that a Jewish friend or fellow member is wealthy, part of some kind of financial or media conspiracy, or takes a particular position on politics in general, or on Israel and Palestine in particular, is just wrong.

“Our Jewish friends are no more responsible for the actions of Israel or the Netanyahu Government than our Muslim friends are for those of various self-styled Islamic states or organisations. Nor should Muslims be regarded as sexist, antisemitic or otherwise suspect, as has become an ugly Islamophobic norm. We judge people on their individual values and actions, not en masse.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-isis-islamic-state-israel-antisemitism-speech-in-full-labour-report-latest-a7111336.html

Another worthwhile read. Take it to bed with you instead of trawling Twitter for more Islamophobic racist links;

One of the main concepts in journalism education is that of framing: the highlighting of particular issues, and the avoidance of others, in order to produce a desired interpretation.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/apr/02/stop-jeremy-corbyns-trial-by-media-over-antisemitism

Bulletguy - 2018-04-09 9:18 PM

antony1969 - 2018-04-09 7:16 PM

Of course anti-Semitism is racism but that isn't what you said I had said is it?

I've a feeling you're purposely taking this around in circles for the sake of pedantry in the extreme!

You said, "racism exists in all walks of life" so i fail to see what you take exception to as you have not clearly stated despite being asked.

If we are going to quote what others say lets do that and quote exactly what they say shall we ... Makes life a lot simpler ...

As above.

Im struggling with your 2nd point ... Ive acknowledged anti-Semitism is present in all walks of life but it would seem our opposition party has a particular problem with it ... You seem to struggle to accept that let alone condemn it ... Quite shameful but carry on your making yourself look quite racist.

The reason you're "struggling" is as i've mentioned many times anti-semitism/racism is a cross party issue and not party exclusive....it has no boundaries. There is no excusing it with a "but".....and following that up directly with "it would seem..." shows you're forming your viewpoint on conjecture, spin and smear.

Corbyn has openly condemned anti-semitism/racism yet for people like you he's damned if he doesn't and damned when he does.......which comes across as nothing more than your open dislike for Corbyn and the politics of his party. Nothing more or less than that which is a very poor foundation on which to base your argument as it becomes totally senseless.

You can read Corbyn's full speech from the link.....but i doubt you will because it won't suit your narrative so here are a few excerpts......which i also doubt you will read; I think i know why.

"“Boris Johnson, current favourite to lead the Tory party, compared Hitler’s murderous tyranny with the European project created from its ashes and questioned Barack Obama's motives because of his “part-Kenyan heritage”.

“That was no dog whistle. That was a fog horn - a classic racist trope – casting doubt on someone’s motivation because of their race.

“The Justice Secretary Michael Gove compared pro-Remain economists to Nazi collaborators, a startling example of the way in which the Nazi regime and the Holocaust can be minimized, trivialized or even forgotten by ill-judged comparisons.

“And Nigel Farage warned of mass sex attacks should the Remain Campaign win, calling it the “nuclear bomb” of the Brexit campaign. Is it only me who just doesn't find him funny any more?

“These are hateful comments - no question. They are unworthy of the millions who voted to Leave, not out of xenophobia or racism, but often as a desperate response - yes to austerity, but also to years of being ignored and left behind by the Westminster elite.

“Divide and rule is the oldest trick in the book - whether used by imperial powers abroad or hate-mongers at home. Turn people against each other. Use race or religion or anything else you can find and hope they will be too distracted or consumed to take on the great inequalities of wealth and power in the world.

“Racism is racism is racism. There is no hierarchy - no acceptable form of it. I have always fought it in all its forms and I always will. But while we respond to hate with universal principles we must also remember people's particular experience, if we are too ensure that not one person feels vulnerable or excluded from their natural political home.

“The Jewish community has made an enormous contribution to our Party and our country – Jewish people have been at the heart of progressive and radical politics in Britain, as elsewhere, for well over a century.

“But they are also a minority amongst minorities and have had good cause to feel vulnerable and even threatened throughout history. This should never happen by accident or design in our Labour Party. Modern antisemitism may not always be about overt violence and persecution, though there is too much of that even to this day. We must also be vigilant against subtler and invidious manifestations of this nasty ancient hatred and avoid slipping into its traps by accident or intent.

“For the avoidance of doubt, I do not believe in name calling and I never have. “Zio” is a vile epithet that follows in a long line of earlier such terms that have no place in our Party. Nor should anyone indulge in the kind of stereotyping that can cause such hurt and harm.

“To assume that a Jewish friend or fellow member is wealthy, part of some kind of financial or media conspiracy, or takes a particular position on politics in general, or on Israel and Palestine in particular, is just wrong.

“Our Jewish friends are no more responsible for the actions of Israel or the Netanyahu Government than our Muslim friends are for those of various self-styled Islamic states or organisations. Nor should Muslims be regarded as sexist, antisemitic or otherwise suspect, as has become an ugly Islamophobic norm. We judge people on their individual values and actions, not en masse.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-isis-islamic-state-israel-antisemitism-speech-in-full-labour-report-latest-a7111336.html

Another worthwhile read. Take it to bed with you instead of trawling Twitter for more Islamophobic racist links;

One of the main concepts in journalism education is that of framing: the highlighting of particular issues, and the avoidance of others, in order to produce a desired interpretation.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/apr/02/stop-jeremy-corbyns-trial-by-media-over-antisemitism

If your happy misquoting folk and then going on and on and on trying to defend it then thats fine ... Its all here in black and white what I said and what you claim I said in this thread if anyone has the will to read through your rants ... Its too late for me to want to go to bed on a Corbyn speech , I presume its some kind off defence for either him or his parties raving anti-Semitism ... Maybe you haven't realised but politicians lie and say what they think the public wants to hear ... Doesn't mean that he means it ... Still we wait for you to condemn your parties Jewish hatred ... Disgraceful racism which has no place on here

antony1969 - 2018-04-09 9:29 PM

If your happy misquoting folk and then going on and on and on trying to defend it then thats fine ... Its all here in black and white what I said and what you claim I said in this thread if anyone has the will to read through your rants ..

No Antony it's actually entirely for you to state clearly where you believe i misquoted you and i asked you two or three times now to say what it was but you continually refuse to say. You've been making this up as you go along.....another of your silly diversionary tricks you play.

Bulletguy - 2018-04-10 4:30 PM

If your happy misquoting folk and then going on and on and on trying to defend it then thats fine ... Its all here in black and white what I said and what you claim I said in this thread if anyone has the will to read through your rants ..

No Antony it's actually entirely for you to state clearly where you believe i misquoted you and i asked you two or three times now to say what it was but you continually refuse to say. You've been making this up as you go along.....another of your silly diversionary tricks you play.

You've just woke up so your obviously slightly confused ... Now its really simple if you.look back on the thread you replaced "anti-Semitic"with "racist" didn't you ??? ... It's really not difficult but it is very tiresome for me and others given the proof is all there in black and white ... Now carry on if you must and if you do I will respond but you are making yourself look even sillier and bitter than normal

antony1969 - 2018-04-10 5:00 PM

You've just woke up so your obviously slightly confused ... Now its really simple if you.look back on the thread you replaced "anti-Semitic"with "racist" didn't you ?

Anti-semitism is racism!! What's the matter with you? That's not a 'misquote' at all.......it's fact.

Get over yourself fgs. *-)

Bulletguy - 2018-04-10 5:05 PM

You've just woke up so your obviously slightly confused ... Now its really simple if you.look back on the thread you replaced "anti-Semitic"with "racist" didn't you ?

Anti-semitism is racism!! What's the matter with you? That's not a 'misquote' at all.......it's fact.

Of course it is and no one is denying it but you claimed to have quoted me as talking about racism when in fact as was plain to see I was talking anti-Semitism which as you know or maybe don't is Jewish related fgs

antony1969 - 2018-04-10 5:32 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-04-10 5:05 PM

Of course it is and no one is denying it but you claimed to have quoted me as talking about racism when in fact as was plain to see I was talking anti-Semitism.

This is pedantry in the extreme! You are just taking this round in circles for the sake of pointless arguing.

You were talking about anti-semitism.....anti-semitism is racism.....period.

Bulletguy - 2018-04-10 5:46 PM

This is pedantry in the extreme! You are just taking this round in circles for the sake of pointless arguing.

You were talking about anti-semitism.....anti-semitism is racism.....period.

As an expert in ever decreasing circular crud posting Bulletbrain you would of course be able to recognise pedantry!

But on this we do agree.

"You were talking about anti-semitism.....anti-semitism is racism.....period."

Archived