The Windrush Generation

Bulletguy

pelmetman - 2018-05-16 6:50 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-05-16 6:38 PM

pelmetman - 2018-05-16 6:31 PM

The rape of 1,000's children should never of happened.......So why have you been so quiet about the Labour councils who turned a blind eye eh? >:-) ...........

Just askin? :-| .........

I've told you before if you wish to discuss child rape then open a thread on that subject and i will respond to your question there. Please do not disrupt this thread any further.

There's been plenty of threads about the real scandal of child grooming on here ;-) ..........

Your loony lefty Labour empathy bias was obvious on there to >:-) .......

Then stop disrupting this thread with off topic matters you have no intention of opening to discussion.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulletguy - 2018-05-16 4:36 PM

And a young Chinese lady here who was already processing her visa status with the HO who got a knock on the door at 5.20am.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/16/footage-emerges-of-distressing-home-visit-by-immigration-officers

This article is just too noddy and imprecise for my liking Paul. You and I don’t disagree much but I want to flag up some of my concerns about this story.

Strange isn’t it that some people always seem get their birthday cards with a tenner in, letters from home, parcels from their online shopping activities etc. etc. and yet never receive those important letters from the Home Office telling them they are going to be removed from the UK or the courts telling them the bailiffs will be round because there’s a civil judgement against them. It could all be true of course but in my book there’s room for doubt that she is telling the entire story. Maybe I’m getting a bit crabby and over sceptical in my old age but I find it strange believed she had an application that was still pending with the Home Office because there was a query about her English Language test but decided it was better to put in a new application rather than make another enquiry about the one that had been pending for nigh on four years. I remember the Panorama programme about the rampant faking of English language test results that she seems to have been caught up in. She may be innocent of any double dealing but hers is not the best example of the “hostile environment”.

The article also mentions that some people argue that dawn raids by Immigration Officers are inappropriate. I don’t agree that they are inappropriate. How else are immigration officers supposed to find people that are here illegally if like many they go out to work first thing in the morning? Should they make an appointment or just leave a note saying “we called but you were out”. Now how effective would that be?

Don’t get me wrong, I am not a supporter of the “hostile environment” nor do I seek to defend quite obvious miscarriages of justice. I hope Mr Javid has got his eye on the ball now. I thought his performance before the Home Affairs Select Committee was impressive. No lies, no pretending to know what he didn’t know just an honest exposition of the enormous task in hand.

Violet1956 - 2018-05-16 8:26 PM

And a young Chinese lady here who was already processing her visa status with the HO who got a knock on the door at 5.20am.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/16/footage-emerges-of-distressing-home-visit-by-immigration-officers

This article is just too noddy and imprecise for my liking Paul. You and I don’t disagree much but I want to flag up some of my concerns about this story.

Strange isn’t it that some people always seem get their birthday cards with a tenner in, letters from home, parcels from their online shopping activities etc. etc. and yet never receive those important letters from the Home Office telling them they are going to be removed from the UK or the courts telling them the bailiffs will be round because there’s a civil judgement against them. It could all be true of course but in my book there’s room for doubt that she is telling the entire story.

But she had received communication from the HO in 2014 after submitting an application to extend her visa and received a reply stating, “Please be assured that we will make a decision on your case as quickly as possible … We will not take removal action as a result of the contents of this letter.” She then received no further communication from the Home Office until a few days after the visit (from Immigration and Police) this month, informing her that she was “liable for removal”.

At the time of the 5am raid she had already paid out £2000 for a “one-day premium” visa processing service and been given an appointment on 16 May.......so what on earth were Immigration and six police officers doing turning up at their house? Why were they ever there? Why had some basic simple facts not been checked out by them before? Something they managed to do whilst at the house.

Maybe I’m getting a bit crabby and over sceptical in my old age but I find it strange believed she had an application that was still pending with the Home Office because there was a query about her English Language test but decided it was better to put in a new application rather than make another enquiry about the one that had been pending for nigh on four years. I remember the Panorama programme about the rampant faking of English language test results that she seems to have been caught up in. She may be innocent of any double dealing but hers is not the best example of the “hostile environment”.

A bit more than just sceptical Veronica! The English-language proficiency test had been suspended which was where she was told by letter, “Please be assured that we will make a decision on your case as quickly as possible … We will not take removal action as a result of the contents of this letter.”.

So that is assuring her she will not be removed from the UK. That's how i would interpret that anyway.

It's also worth remembering the HO had held her passport for four years.....why??? Were they expecting her to try and escape from 'the regime'??? This is Britain....*supposedly* a democratic country but i've always had doubt over our so called 'democracy''. We are not as 'free' as some of us like to think and these actions are more in line with how ex-DDR citizens used to be policed.

The article also mentions that some people argue that dawn raids by Immigration Officers are inappropriate. I don’t agree that they are inappropriate. How else are immigration officers supposed to find people that are here illegally if like many they go out to work first thing in the morning? Should they make an appointment or just leave a note saying “we called but you were out”. Now how effective would that be?

I think it was heavy handed and extreme. SIX police officers with the immigration guys!!! I mean fgs they were going there to arrest a tiny little Chinese girl......not a group of armed terrorists!!

Don’t get me wrong, I am not a supporter of the “hostile environment” nor do I seek to defend quite obvious miscarriages of justice. I hope Mr Javid has got his eye on the ball now. I thought his performance before the Home Affairs Select Committee was impressive. No lies, no pretending to know what he didn’t know just an honest exposition of the enormous task in hand.

I just hope Javid doesn't drop the ball because lets not forget his boss has been the protagonist of this debacle and as long as she remains PM there's going to be trouble.....that's why she made sure files on Windrush never see the light of day because there is obviously incriminating evidence firmly pointing at her. That's why she's suppressed it. She presided over a department for six years that conspired against the citizens of this country. This isn't just the usual kind of incompetence or general uselessness we expect from our politicians. It's on a completely different scale and magnitude altogether.

May was hellbent on cutting immigration figures and as she had no control on EU migration (or did but didn't use the rules available to her) she went hell for leather on people originally from non EU countries!

How the hell she is still in office is quite frankly totally baffling This is the most disgraceful thing I've seen in UK politics for a long, long time and previously, unimaginable.....at least to me.

And this is a government department who thinks you can bring up a child via Skype

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/immigration-rules-children-punish-families-government-supreme-court-ruling-skype-kids-home-office-a7863376.html

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-05-16 8:06 PM

Then stop disrupting this thread with off topic matters you have no intention of opening to discussion.

I'm a lawn anorak ;-) ......... when I see a molehill I flatten it >:-) .......

Bulletguy - 2018-05-16 11:34 PM

Violet1956 - 2018-05-16 8:26 PM

Strange isn’t it that some people always seem get their birthday cards with a tenner in, letters from home, parcels from their online shopping activities etc. etc. and yet never receive those important letters from the Home Office telling them they are going to be removed from the UK or the courts telling them the bailiffs will be round because there’s a civil judgement against them. It could all be true of course but in my book there’s room for doubt that she is telling the entire story.

But she had received communication from the HO in 2014 after submitting an application to extend her visa and received a reply stating, “Please be assured that we will make a decision on your case as quickly as possible … We will not take removal action as a result of the contents of this letter.” She then received no further communication from the Home Office until a few days after the visit (from Immigration and Police) this month, informing her that she was “liable for removal”.

At the time of the 5am raid she had already paid out £2000 for a “one-day premium” visa processing service and been given an appointment on 16 May.......so what on earth were Immigration and six police officers doing turning up at their house? Why were they ever there? Why had some basic simple facts not been checked out by them before? Something they managed to do whilst at the house.

Maybe I’m getting a bit crabby and over sceptical in my old age but I find it strange believed she had an application that was still pending with the Home Office because there was a query about her English Language test but decided it was better to put in a new application rather than make another enquiry about the one that had been pending for nigh on four years. I remember the Panorama programme about the rampant faking of English language test results that she seems to have been caught up in. She may be innocent of any double dealing but hers is not the best example of the “hostile environment”.

A bit more than just sceptical Veronica! The English-language proficiency test had been suspended which was where she was told by letter, “Please be assured that we will make a decision on your case as quickly as possible … We will not take removal action as a result of the contents of this letter.”.

So that is assuring her she will not be removed from the UK. That's how i would interpret that anyway.

It's also worth remembering the HO had held her passport for four years.....why??? Were they expecting her to try and escape from 'the regime'??? This is Britain....*supposedly* a democratic country but i've always had doubt over our so called 'democracy''. We are not as 'free' as some of us like to think and these actions are more in line with how ex-DDR citizens used to be policed.

I think it was heavy handed and extreme. SIX police officers with the immigration guys!!! I mean fgs they were going there to arrest a tiny little Chinese girl......not a group of armed terrorists!!

I just hope Javid doesn't drop the ball because lets not forget his boss has been the protagonist of this debacle and as long as she remains PM there's going to be trouble.....that's why she made sure files on Windrush never see the light of day because there is obviously incriminating evidence firmly pointing at her. That's why she's suppressed it. She presided over a department for six years that conspired against the citizens of this country. This isn't just the usual kind of incompetence or general uselessness we expect from our politicians. It's on a completely different scale and magnitude altogether.

May was hellbent on cutting immigration figures and as she had no control on EU migration (or did but didn't use the rules available to her) she went hell for leather on people originally from non EU countries!

How the hell she is still in office is quite frankly totally baffling This is the most disgraceful thing I've seen in UK politics for a long, long time and previously, unimaginable.....at least to me.

And this is a government department who thinks you can bring up a child via Skype

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/immigration-rules-children-punish-families-government-supreme-court-ruling-skype-kids-home-office-a7863376.html

"This is the most disgraceful thing I've seen in UK politics in a long , long time" ... Surprises me that given you blamed the Tories for all those Grenfell deaths less than a year ago ... Folk burnt alive but you choose a blunder that's cost no lives to be your biggest dislike

antony1969 - 2018-05-17 9:43 AM

"This is the most disgraceful thing I've seen in UK politics in a long , long time" ... Surprises me that given you blamed the Tories for all those Grenfell deaths less than a year ago ... Folk burnt alive but you choose a blunder that's cost no lives to be your biggest dislike

We have a long running thread on Grenfell and as i recall the majority of your posts in that were full of contempt, disdain and lacking any empathy for those who had suffered in pretty much the same manner you've posted about Windrush victims here. You were reminded in that of your attempt to subvert the thread to go off on yet another of your 'foreign type' folk rants and 'polluting a thread with your usual biased bile', so i find it completely inappropriate and insincere that you attempt the same here in this thread.

If you do not want to contribute to the thread topic, then please refrain from attempting to derail it.

Bulletguy - 2018-05-17 3:13 PM

We have a long running thread on Grenfell and as i recall the majority of your posts in that were full of contempt, disdain and lacking any empathy for those who had suffered in pretty much the same manner you've posted about Windrush victims here. You were reminded in that of your attempt to subvert the thread to go off on yet another of your 'foreign type' folk rants and 'polluting a thread with your usual biased bile', so i find it completely inappropriate and insincere that you attempt the same here in this thread.

If you do not want to contribute to the thread topic, then please refrain from attempting to derail it.

If you don't like folk picking you up on what you claim is the most disgraceful thing in UK politics then that's your lookout fella ... You made Grenfell a political subject over and over again didn't ya ... If both Windrush and Grenfell are political issues in your book and you believe Windrush is the most disgraceful and I believe you also wanted our PM up on charges of crimes against humanity for Windrush then that's shame on you ... I don't have a great deal of time for both events but given how you've made both political I know which one I would describe as the most disgraceful ... Shameful

Guest pelmetman

so i find it completely inappropriate and insincere that you attempt the same here in this thread.

How you have the gall to call anyone insincere with your agenda is really quite funny (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

antony1969 - 2018-05-17 3:52 PM

If you don't like folk picking you up on what you claim is the most disgraceful thing in UK politics then that's your lookout fella ... You made Grenfell a political subject over and over again didn't ya ...

It was and still is and we have a long running thread on it. This isn't about Grenfell, it's about Windrush victims and those who've fallen foul of Mays 'hostile environment' policy. You were reminded about attempting to subvert the Grenfell thread (post 18 March 2018 12:58 PM) and now you've jumped in here doing exactly the same.

You say you've "got no time for both events" so stop derailing with your usual bile.

Bulletguy - 2018-05-17 4:52 PM

antony1969 - 2018-05-17 3:52 PM

If you don't like folk picking you up on what you claim is the most disgraceful thing in UK politics then that's your lookout fella ... You made Grenfell a political subject over and over again didn't ya ...

It was and still is and we have a long running thread on it. This isn't about Grenfell, it's about Windrush victims and those who've fallen foul of Mays 'hostile environment' policy. You were reminded about attempting to subvert the Grenfell thread (post 18 March 2018 12:58 PM) and now you've jumped in here doing exactly the same.

You say you've "got no time for both events" so stop derailing with your usual bile.

Princess Im not the one trying to use both events for political brownie points ... As you well know my point has everything to do with your ridiculous political disgrace claim and zilch to do with Grenfell or Windrush ... Would it be easier if we discussed it on another thread ???

antony1969 - 2018-05-17 7:36 PM

Princess Im not the one trying to use both events for political brownie points ... As you well know my point

You have no point other than attempting to subvert and derail this thread. As you said yourself you "have no time for either event". When subjective opinion over a widely reported current news topic upsets you so much to the point of being unable to make any logical debate, then there is no reason to post.

Bulletguy - 2018-05-17 8:24 PM

Princess Im not the one trying to use both events for political brownie points ... As you well know my point

You have no point other than attempting to subvert and derail this thread. As you said yourself you "have no time for either event". When subjective opinion over a widely reported current news topic upsets you so much to the point of being unable to make any logical debate, then there is no reason to post.

But Princess your ignoring my question to you about starting another thread to discuss your wild claim so that really does poo-poo your subvert and derail theory doesnt it ??? ... Your struggling aren't ya , I can smell it

antony1969 - 2018-05-17 8:42 PM

But Princess your ignoring my question to you about starting another thread to discuss your wild claim so that really does poo-poo your subvert and derail theory doesnt it ??? ... Your struggling aren't ya , I can smell it

Your 'question' has no relevance other than to bait and antagonise which is your usual default technique so by all means go off and make a thread where you can be silly there because i won't play your immature games. Now, as you've already said you have no interest in this thread topic, please cease continually attempting to derail it.

Bulletguy - 2018-05-17 9:20 PM

antony1969 - 2018-05-17 8:42 PM

Your 'question' has no relevance other than to bait and antagonise which is your usual default technique so by all means go off and make a thread where you can be silly there because i won't play your immature games. Now, as you've already said you have no interest in this thread topic, please cease continually attempting to derail it.

Your doing your usual thing ... Going off all Hollywood ... Nice to see your not actually answering my 'question' ... Speaks volumes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The government KNEW FOR FOUR YEARS about members of the Windrush generation being caught up wrongly in its hostile environment, and STILL DOESN'T KNOW HOW MANY people were affected.

The Home Office failed to fulfil its duty of care to members of the Windrush generation, which led to serious consequences for the people affected.

That is the verdict of the National Audit Office, which criticised the Home Office today in a report.

Disgusting.....a national disgrace.

https://www.channel4.com/news/home-office-ignored-windrush-warnings-says-nao

Bulletguy - 2018-12-05 11:47 PM

The government KNEW FOR FOUR YEARS about members of the Windrush generation being caught up wrongly in its hostile environment, and STILL DOESN'T KNOW HOW MANY people were affected.

The Home Office failed to fulfil its duty of care to members of the Windrush generation, which led to serious consequences for the people affected.

That is the verdict of the National Audit Office, which criticised the Home Office today in a report.

Crime against humanity I'd say ... Guna write to my MP ... Tell you whats more of a disgrace you ignoring your bullyboy thread

Guest pelmetman

I agree .......the government not delivering what 17.4 million voted for :-| ..........

antony1969 - 2018-12-06 6:25 AM

Crime against humanity I'd say ... Guna write to my MP ...

No you won't...don't be so facetious and disrespectful.

Tell you whats more of a disgrace you ignoring your bullyboy thread

I'm not ignoring the thread....i''m ignoring the baiting from a couple of juvenile clowns, thats all.

Bulletguy - 2018-12-06 3:11 PM

I'm not ignoring the thread....i''m ignoring the baiting from a couple of juvenile clowns, thats all.

Your ignoring an uncomfortable truth ... Sumat the whole forum can see ... Youve not ignored our baiting on anything else for the last couple of years in fact quite the opposite so whats changed with that thread

antony1969 - 2018-12-06 7:14 PM

Youve not ignored our baiting.

Thanks for confirming that though it didn't need to be.

Bulletguy - 2018-12-06 8:39 PM

antony1969 - 2018-12-06 7:14 PM

Youve not ignored our baiting.

Thanks for confirming that though it didn't need to be.

I also confirmed that your being rather selective in not replying to the baiting you normally bathe in on your bully boy thread ... Cant think why hypocrite

• 6 months later...

The Unwanted: The Secret Windrush Files BBC2 Monday 24th June 2019

Excellent documentary screened on BBC2 last night which showed how Britain flouted it's own immigration Act regarding Commonwealth countries almost from the very beginning. Documents show where the "hostile environment" was specifically targeted at black people whilst European immigrants known as EVW's were given permanent settlement....because they were white. The evidence is irrefutable because it's all documented and this programme showed it.

One touch of irony....government dispatched a junior Health Minister to Barbados to recruit badly needed nursing staff for the NHS. The minister was Enoch Powell MP.

History now repeating itself with the current ugliness from the usual faction.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00068sk/the-unwanted-the-secret-windrush-files

Guest pelmetman

I wonder when they're going to make a documentary about Remoaners & Bullet type folk? :-S ........

They could call them the "Windbag generation" :D .........

Archived