The Brexit Blog

Bulletguy

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Premised on there being a "Brexit dividend". It's a nonsense to suggest that the government can be confident that there is going to be more in the pot due to Brexit. Note the carefully chosen words “Part funded” by a Brexit dividend and “the country will also be asked to contribute more to the NHS”. Window dressing at its cynical best. Short of a downright lie I suppose but not far off. :-(

Violet1956 - 2018-06-17 9:15 AM

Premised on there being a "Brexit dividend". It's a nonsense to suggest that the government can be confident that there is going to be more in the pot due to Brexit. Note the carefully chosen words “Part funded” by a Brexit dividend and “the country will also be asked to contribute more to the NHS”. Window dressing at its cynical best. Short of a downright lie I suppose but not far off. :-(

You'll know best Veronica ... After Barry that is

pelmetman - 2018-06-17 8:47 AM

Damn that's gonna annoy the Remoaners B-) ........

Perhaps it should only be spent on those who voted for Brexit? >:-) .......

It's not been a good week for em has it ... Poor darlings

antony1969 - 2018-06-17 9:56 AM

Well I don't Antony I'm completely in the dark. I haven't a clue what she means by "Brexit dividend" if you know enlighten me. As for "part funded" what does that mean? could be £2 a week from the "dividend" and £383,999,998 from increased taxation for all we know.

Violet1956 - 2018-06-17 10:18 AM

Well I don't Antony I'm completely in the dark. I haven't a clue what she means by "Brexit dividend" if you know enlighten me. As for "part funded" what does that mean? could be £2 a week from the "dividend" and £383,999,998 from increased taxation for all we know.

Well to be fair for someone like yaself who by your own admission Is "completely in the dark" over this NHS funding I find it astonishing you manage to come to the conclusion it's "nothing short of a lie" ... If that's not a bit of confused mixed up logic I don't know what is

antony1969 - 2018-06-17 10:23 AM

Violet1956 - 2018-06-17 10:18 AM

Well to be fair for someone like yaself who by your own admission Is "completely in the dark" over this NHS funding I find it astonishing you manage to come to the conclusion it's "nothing short of a lie" ... If that's not a bit of confused mixed up logic I don't know what is

I said "not far off" not "nothing short". So put me right what is the "Brexit dividend" if you know better?

Guest pelmetman

I quite fancy another referendum now B-) .........

Do you want to stay in the EU or give the NHS 20 billion?..........That's a toughy (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Guest pelmetman

......and of course the Remoaners crystal ball is far more accurate ;-) ........

Remind me, just what have they got right so far??? >:-) (lol) .........

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2018-06-17 10:00 AM

pelmetman - 2018-06-17 8:47 AM

Damn that's gonna annoy the Remoaners B-) ........

Perhaps it should only be spent on those who voted for Brexit? >:-) .......

It's not been a good week for em has it ... Poor darlings

Time for the Remoaner team to take their ball home methinks....To use some football analogy's.........

She shoots, she scores.......back of the net! :D ........

They think it's all over.......It is now! B-) .........

Christ! Even I Didnt think Hinge and Bracket would fall for that but clearly they have. Oh dear.

Its a clever (or maybe not so clever) tactic to make the rebels look like the bad guys. Oooh look we are going to get the £350m for the NHS From Brexit and the remoaners want to stop us. Yes but you will be paying for it not from any none existent pot of money we will get back by not being in the EU as it doesnt exist. The lies just go on and on though. £15bn PA is the Governments own expected loss to public finances from Brexit. Thats nearly four times the amount promised. Its a bit like those idiots that play fruit machines. They put in £50 and eventually win a tenner! Oh Ive won a tenner!!! Oh dear.

She has also forgot to mention the fact that we will still be paying into the EU until probably 2023.

The government does not have any money. All it has is our money through taxes etc. As Brexit will massively reduce that income stream way beyond the promises to the NHS not to mention the cost of delivering Brexit including whatever customs arrangements we need the only way they will be getting any of the money is from US! Of course there are plenty of ways to do that but it will be us, the little people that will be footing the bill not the super rich Brexiteers and certainly not from any non existent Brexit Dividend.

As for "The experts" getting it wrong. They havent. Pound down, inflation up, Growth gone from the highest to the lowest since June 2016. Your in denial.

pelmetman - 2018-06-17 12:04 PM

Do you want to stay in the EU or give the NHS 20 billion?..........That's a toughy (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

This new version of the type of lie told on the infamous big red bus may mean that the people pulling TM’s strings are fearful that another referendum might be on the cards. Well done Dave for spotting it.

No crystal ball is needed to defeat TM’s claim that there will be funds from this mythical dividend at least during the transitional period and most probably beyond. If you are privy to other figures about the net cost versus the economic benefit of Brexit during the transition period from a more competent and reputable body than the OBR then let us have them.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-06-17 1:42 PM

pelmetman - 2018-06-17 12:04 PM

This new version of the type of lie told on the infamous big red bus may mean that the people pulling TM’s strings are fearful that another referendum might be on the cards. Well done Dave for spotting it.

No crystal ball is needed to defeat TM’s claim that there will be funds from this mythical dividend at least during the transitional period and most probably beyond. If you are privy to other figures about the net cost versus the economic benefit of Brexit during the transition period from a more competent and reputable body than the OBR then let us have them.

As a Brexiteer I take any figures from the Office of Bias Reporting with a large pinch of salt ;-) ...........

But as you've said yourself the costs will "only" be during the transitional period, and any on going costs will be for the Cherries we pick >:-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-06-17 12:20 PM

As for "The experts" getting it wrong. They havent. Pound down, inflation up, Growth gone from the highest to the lowest since June 2016. Your in denial.

Since June 2016 8-) .........That far back (lol) (lol) (lol)

But we're still in growth, didn't your Remoaner "Experts" say we would enter an immediate recession? >:-) .......

........and the pounds now at the same level it was in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 :D ..........

Oh and inflation is almost spot on the BOE target of 2.5% B-) ...........

Dave, If the rest of the electorate believe what you just said then there really is no hope.

Hopefully if we have left by the end of the transition period it will be so transparent how much its cost us that we will be hammering back on the door.

The Public (well some of them) Fell for this big lie once, I am not sure they will again but then again you have so who knows?

It sounds a lot of money but its just over a 3% increase. The NHS needed 4% just to remain as it was. What you will find down the line is that the PM (whoever it is) will say "Ah sorry, there is no Brexit dividend, soz about that but we will honour the increase by increasing your taxes". I am fine with that as long as it goes into the NHS but not stupid enough to believe its coming out of any dividend from Brexit as there isnt and never will be one. Read my Fruit Machine analogy again.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-06-17 2:04 PM

Dave, If the rest of the electorate believe what you just said then there really is no hope.

Hopefully if we have left by the end of the transition period it will be so transparent how much its cost us that we will be hammering back on the door.

The Public (well some of them) Fell for this big lie once, I am not sure they will again but then again you have so who knows?

It sounds a lot of money but its just over a 3% increase. The NHS needed 4% just to remain as it was. What you will find down the line is that the PM (whoever it is) will say "Ah sorry, there is no Brexit dividend, soz about that but we will honour the increase by increasing your taxes". I am fine with that as long as it goes into the NHS but not stupid enough to believe its coming out of any dividend from Brexit as there isnt and never will be one. Read my Fruit Machine analogy again.

Bitch as much as you like Barry, the Sainted Theresa has got her halo back and everything in the Brexit garden is blooming lovely B-) ..........It must be all that Remoaner Bullsh*t >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2018-06-17 2:12 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-06-17 2:04 PM

Bitch as much as you like Barry, the Sainted Theresa has got her halo back and everything in the Brexit garden is blooming lovely B-) ..........It must be all that Remoaner Bullsh*t >:-) ........

Yes. The Brexiteers have got their promise of Unicorns back. All is well. *-)

antony1969 - 2018-06-17 7:29 PM

I love winning

Its not "Bullseye" you know. Except it clearly is to many. However you took the gamble so expect the words "Come and have a look at what you could have won" anytime soon. Jim Bowen (ignore the fact he's dead) wheels out a load of Free trade deals with imaginary countries and £350m for the NHS. Wheeled out by a hot Polish Immigrant girl in a sparkly costume. What you end up with is a Brexit mug (made in China) and some fudged version of the customs union and single market but it doesn't matter as you've had a terrific day. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-06-17 9:31 PM

I love winning

Its not "Bullseye" you know. Except it clearly is to many. However you took the gamble so expect the words "Come and have a look at what you could have won" anytime soon. Jim Bowen (ignore the fact he's dead) wheels out a load of Free trade deals with imaginary countries and £350m for the NHS. Wheeled out by a hot Polish Immigrant girl in a sparkly costume. What you end up with is a Brexit mug (made in China) and some fudged version of the customs union and single market but it doesn't matter as you've had a terrific day. (lol)

287 terrific days to go B-) ........

Barryd999 - 2018-06-17 9:31 PM

I love winning

Bull

Archived