The Brexit Blog

Bulletguy

Barryd999 - 2018-06-06 12:52 PM

Well whether you believe polls or not and the Yougov one is a tracked poll that has asked the same questions every week for two years and has since January shown a slow but steady drop in support for Brexit with an all time high this month of 7 points you cant argue with the fact that our own Government is negotiating a betrayal of the Brexit you voted for. That much is evident. Its in our faces everyday. 64% of voters now think the Government is doing a crap job with only 18% saying its doing a good job.

The news that Labour is shifting its position on Brexit makes it almost certain they will reject whatever crap deal the Tories come up with in the autumn and if they are supported by other parties that deal will fail.

This could bring the Government down and end up with a Labour led Coalition and Christ knows what that means.

If I was Theresa I would pre-empt that by going back to the people. Give them a peoples vote with a choice to remain or risk a Labour Government.

I arent in the click like you and haven't been privileged enough to see "the deal" ... I suppose I'll have to wait till the autumn to see it unless of course you want to let us into what your sources have told ya

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having followed it every day for nearly two years I have a feeling that the deal will be crap but of course I dont know for sure. What I do know though for sure and what we all know is none of it seems to be remotely like what was promised in 2016. What I also know for sure is that any deal wont be as good as the one we had and every week it seems there are more and more concessions. Now it looks like the CU will be on the table indefinitely as will accepting ECJ ruling if we are in various agencies. Please dont tell me this is how you imagined Brexit.

There is increasing pressure to retain the single Market now as well as CU and the only true way to avoid chaos at borders and no hard border in NI is the retention of CU and SM. With Labours changing stance chances are anything less will be rejected.

Worra Pickle.

Barryd999 - 2018-06-06 3:47 PM

Having followed it every day for nearly two years I have a feeling that the deal will be crap but of course I dont know for sure. What I do know though for sure and what we all know is none of it seems to be remotely like what was promised in 2016. What I also know for sure is that any deal wont be as good as the one we had and every week it seems there are more and more concessions. Now it looks like the CU will be on the table indefinitely as will accepting ECJ ruling if we are in various agencies. Please dont tell me this is how you imagined Brexit.

There is increasing pressure to retain the single Market now as well as CU and the only true way to avoid chaos at borders and no hard border in NI is the retention of CU and SM. With Labours changing stance chances are anything less will be rejected.

Worra Pickle.

I'll translate ... You aint got a clue what that deal will or wont be like the rest of us ... "Labours changing stance" is to do exactly what some say say Cameron did with the referendum and look after party politics it certainly isnt carrying out the wishes of millions of Labour voters in working class areas who voted to leave ... Corbyn naturally is as anti-EU as me but once again hes going all pants ... Hes as dippy as those who believe hes the answer

antony1969 - 2018-06-06 6:19 PM

Worra Pickle.

I'll translate ... You aint got a clue what that deal will or wont be like the rest of us ... "Labours changing stance" is to do exactly what some say say Cameron did with the referendum and look after party politics it certainly isnt carrying out the wishes of millions of Labour voters in working class areas who voted to leave ... Corbyn naturally is as anti-EU as me but once again hes going all pants ... Hes as dippy as those who believe hes the answer

We dont know what the final deal will be as even those running the show dont but you have to admit, does it look to you like its what you voted for so far? If it does end up Brino dont you want an opportunity to tell them to stick it? You dont want some fudge compromise leave in name only deal and neither do I to be honest.

I agree about Corbyn but 85% of Labour party members now support a public vote.

Barryd999 - 2018-06-06 8:03 PM

Worra Pickle.

We dont know what the final deal will be as even those running the show dont but you have to admit, does it look to you like its what you voted for so far? If it does end up Brino dont you want an opportunity to tell them to stick it? You dont want some fudge compromise leave in name only deal and neither do I to be honest.

I'll wait till the autumn to see ... Labour party members maybe but that doesnt account for the vast majority of Labour voters ... Labour party members 500000 , Labour party voters 2017 over 12000000 ... You do the maths

antony1969 - 2018-06-06 8:47 PM

Worra Pickle.

I'll wait till the autumn to see ... Labour party members maybe but that doesnt account for the vast majority of Labour voters ... Labour party members 500000 , Labour party voters 2017 over 12000000 ... You do the maths

Well according to Yougov (and other sources) 65% of Labour voters voted remain.

Perhaps we will know more next Tuesday when the Withdrawal bill comes back to the Commons. That should be an interesting day. The trouble with waiting until the Autumn is its probably too late to organise another public vote.

Guest pelmetman

Having followed it every day for nearly two years I have a feeling that the deal will be crap but of course I dont know for sure. What I do know though for sure and what we all know is none of it seems to be remotely like what was promised in 2016.

I thought we were voting to stay or leave the EU? >:-) ...........

What were you voting for? 8-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-06-06 9:20 PM

The trouble with waiting until the Autumn is its probably too late to organise another public vote.

Oh dear ......how sad......never mind :D ........

pelmetman - 2018-06-06 10:29 PM

The trouble with waiting until the Autumn is its probably too late to organise another public vote.

Oh dear ......how sad......never mind :D ........

So you will be happy if it turns out that we become a Vassal state where we end up in the SU and CU and all the other agencies we are desperately trying to retain and we have no power or say anymore and just end up a rule taker? Its certainly shaping up that way. Better to have a public choice at the end of it all. You can have an option for a "Get stuffed its a Hard Brexit for us" if you like.

Worra Pickle.

Perhaps we will know more next Tuesday when the Withdrawal bill comes back to the Commons. That should be an interesting day. The trouble with waiting until the Autumn is its probably too late to organise another public vote.

Another day another poll ... 65 percent of Labour voters ... Is that London Labour voters or those from the north east ??? .... Its maybe not surprising Labour voters are confused as Jeremy doesn't know if he wants a 2nd referendum or wether he wants to stay in the customs union ... Hardly surprising Labour voters get dizzy

antony1969 - 2018-06-07 7:29 AM

Worra Pickle.

Another day another poll ... 65 percent of Labour voters ... Is that London Labour voters or those from the north east ??? .... Its maybe not surprising Labour voters are confused as Jeremy doesn't know if he wants a 2nd referendum or wether he wants to stay in the customs union ... Hardly surprising Labour voters get dizzy

No thats nationally but your right. Great swathes of Labour voters Ooop Norf probably voted out. This is why Brexit is doomed. There is no majority for it. Neither is there a majority for remain. In order for us to have had even a chance of success at it we should have all been behind it or at least three quarters of us including the government, parliament and the Lords. Look how the country pulled together over the Second World war. We can make a team effort when we want to or need to but we never will over this.

We can blame Cameron and those that planned the referendum for that. There should have been a super majority required or at least in the case of a narrow margin to leave a second vote two years down the line once we knew more. It is the biggest fail in political history.

I dunno what the answer is now to be honest. Maybe we need to admit to ourselves that we have cocked it up, revoke article 50, try and make a better attempt at reforming and shaping Europe rather than sending UKIP over to Brussels to try and disrupt it and revisit the entire thing in five or ten years time.

I would take no pleasure in that happening to be honest. We have done this to ourselves or rather the idiots in charge have.

Barryd999 - 2018-06-07 9:04 AM

Worra Pickle.

No thats nationally but your right. Great swathes of Labour voters Ooop Norf probably voted out. This is why Brexit is doomed. There is no majority for it. Neither is there a majority for remain. In order for us to have had even a chance of success at it we should have all been behind it or at least three quarters of us including the government, parliament and the Lords. Look how the country pulled together over the Second World war. We can make a team effort when we want to or need to but we never will over this.

We can blame Cameron and those that planned the referendum for that. There should have been a super majority required or at least in the case of a narrow margin to leave a second vote two years down the line once we knew more. It is the biggest fail in political history.

I dunno what the answer is now to be honest. Maybe we need to admit to ourselves that we have cocked it up, revoke article 50, try and make a better attempt at reforming and shaping Europe rather than sending UKIP over to Brussels to try and disrupt it and revisit the entire thing in five or ten years time.

I would take no pleasure in that happening to be honest. We have done this to ourselves or rather the idiots in charge have.

Or maybe we can accept the result however much it was won or lost by ... The EU as it is Barry is totally ducked ... Country after country is telling us so ... Your either blind or so besotted with Juncker you can't see it ... Brexit or no Brexit the EU as it is now is done

Piece in the FT about one of Brexit's biggest backers, Hedge fund manager Crispin Odey.

Odey has shorted UK Government Debt and Equities.

- paste this into browser to read

"Odey and other bears" site: www.ft.com

John52 - 2018-06-07 9:46 AM

Piece in the FT about one of Brexit's biggest backers, Hedge fund manager Crispin Odey.

Odey has shorted UK Government Debt and Equities.

- paste this into browser to read

"Odey and other bears" site: www.ft.com

Oooh Careful!! Conspiracy theory alert!

The big rich backers of Brexit only have our best interests at heart surely.

antony1969 - 2018-06-07 9:18 AM

Worra Pickle.

Or maybe we can accept the result however much it was won or lost by ... The EU as it is Barry is totally ducked ... Country after country is telling us so ... Your either blind or so besotted with Juncker you can't see it ... Brexit or no Brexit the EU as it is now is done

It will never be accepted Antony especially as all the fears the remainers had seem to be coming true and that Brexit is a complete shambles and unworkable. The EU is Ducked? Country after country is telling us so? Are they? Seems to me if anything support for the EU post Brexit in mainland Europe has actually increased. They have closed ranks somewhat it seems. Your going to mention Italy of course but their gripe is mainly with non EU Migration not the EU itself. Im not besotted with anyone in the EU and certainly not Junker but I do know we are better off pishing out of the tent than trying to Pish back in it which is what we will be doing as a Vassal state.

Barryd999 - 2018-06-07 9:59 AM

antony1969 - 2018-06-07 9:18 AM

Worra Pickle.

It will never be accepted Antony especially as all the fears the remainers had seem to be coming true and that Brexit is a complete shambles and unworkable. The EU is Ducked? Country after country is telling us so? Are they? Seems to me if anything support for the EU post Brexit in mainland Europe has actually increased. They have closed ranks somewhat it seems. Your going to mention Italy of course but their gripe is mainly with non EU Migration not the EU itself. Im not besotted with anyone in the EU and certainly not Junker but I do know we are better off pishing out of the tent than trying to Pish back in it which is what we will be doing as a Vassal state.

Remainers fears are coming true ... Support for the EU has increased ... Lordy ... Support for the EU has increased where exactly??? ... Let's see something credible to back up that claim

Just google "support for eu increases in europe since brexit" and take your pick.

If we make a complete mess of it I can only assume that support will increase. Plus reforms on free movement will no doubt be popular with some countries. It's also natural when one member of a club or gang leaves or falls out with the rest for the others to close ranks unless of course others think it's a good idea which clearly, they don't.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-06-07 2:21 PM

Just google "support for eu increases in europe since brexit" and take your pick.

In all the elections there has been in the EU since Brexit .......anti EU parties have gained votes.......and now run Italy >:-) .......

So where do you take your pick from Barry??? 8-) .........

EU fairy storys are Us. com? (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

None of them have won any real power though except in Italy and its all in the main been about the None EU Migrant crisis. The Italians have no intention of leaving the EU. The Italian Eurosceptics have no wish to turn their backs on the EU’s economic advantages. Even your pal Le Pen has backed down on getting shot of the Euro not that it matters as she will never be in charge.

It will be interesting to see what happens in Italy but like Brexit that vote will have been won on a lot of hot air and false promises.

Barryd999 - 2018-06-08 10:02 AM

None of them have won any real power though except in Italy and its all in the main been about the None EU Migrant crisis. The Italians have no intention of leaving the EU. The Italian Eurosceptics have no wish to turn their backs on the EU’s economic advantages. Even your pal Le Pen has backed down on getting shot of the Euro not that it matters as she will never be in charge.

It will be interesting to see what happens in Italy but like Brexit that vote will have been won on a lot of hot air and false promises.

Amen ... Italy in power ... Hungary in power ... Austria in power ... UK leaving ... Germany a brand new party Afd are now the 3rd biggest party winning 90 seats ... The French National Front and so on ... No power???

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-06-08 10:02 AM

The new anti EU Empire wont be built in a day Barry ;-) ...........

Your looking through it in the eyes of Hard core Brexiteers though you two. Do you talk to those funny foreigners when abroad? I do, lots. None of the ones I talk to are in any shape or form considering leaving the EU. Some of them are not exactly happy with elements of it and there are many Europeans that are not happy with the migrant crisis but nobody is taking apart the EU which oddly you seem to think would be a good thing. The Mind boggles as to why.

Archived