antony1969 - 2018-05-20 9:10 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-05-20 8:45 PM

antony1969 - 2018-05-20 7:52 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-05-20 3:26 PM

antony1969 - 2018-05-20 3:18 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-05-20 2:08 PM

antony1969 - 2018-05-20 1:05 PM

pelmetman - 2018-05-20 9:14 AM

I seem to recall similar headlines about how well Corbyn was going to do in the recent local elections >:-) ......... (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

I seem to remember a headline all of his very own ... Impeachment Impending!! ... Sometimes saying nothing really is the best option

Patience is a virtue. Took two years and three months to bring tricky Dickies house of cards tumbling down. May's have tumbled in less than a year as she flails hopelessly on taking the country into the cesspit of Brexsh*t. But folk are wising and rising up.

Think you need to look up the meaning of Impending ...

Forthcoming....approaching. As i said it took 2 yrs and 3 mths for the case to build against 'tricky Dicky' until he realised the only way out was resign or be impeached. He took the softer option.

You believe your chum is untouchable and above the law......he's not.

I don't think 2yrs 3months could be classed as Impending!!

Matters not what you think.......that's the definition. Impeachment isn't overnight as you well know but i'm afraid the case is building against your chum whether you like it or not. I'm rather looking forward to his downfall which will prove wonderful tv entertainment.

Meantime you keep bowing before your Fuhrer. *-)

Impending I thought meant about to happen ??? ... Never mind Impending!! ... 2yrs 3 months aint something thats about to happen ... When is it going to happen ??? ...

Deary deary me what a fuss 'n palaver you are getting more like an old washer woman every day. *-)

Do you do instant roofing? Why not?? We want it done now.....instantly!! (lol)

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulletguy - 2018-05-20 9:22 PM

antony1969 - 2018-05-20 9:10 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-05-20 8:45 PM

antony1969 - 2018-05-20 7:52 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-05-20 3:26 PM

antony1969 - 2018-05-20 3:18 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-05-20 2:08 PM

antony1969 - 2018-05-20 1:05 PM

pelmetman - 2018-05-20 9:14 AM

I seem to recall similar headlines about how well Corbyn was going to do in the recent local elections >:-) ......... (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

I seem to remember a headline all of his very own ... Impeachment Impending!! ... Sometimes saying nothing really is the best option

Patience is a virtue. Took two years and three months to bring tricky Dickies house of cards tumbling down. May's have tumbled in less than a year as she flails hopelessly on taking the country into the cesspit of Brexsh*t. But folk are wising and rising up.

Think you need to look up the meaning of Impending ...

Forthcoming....approaching. As i said it took 2 yrs and 3 mths for the case to build against 'tricky Dicky' until he realised the only way out was resign or be impeached. He took the softer option.

You believe your chum is untouchable and above the law......he's not.

I don't think 2yrs 3months could be classed as Impending!!

Matters not what you think.......that's the definition. Impeachment isn't overnight as you well know but i'm afraid the case is building against your chum whether you like it or not. I'm rather looking forward to his downfall which will prove wonderful tv entertainment.

Meantime you keep bowing before your Fuhrer. *-)

Impending I thought meant about to happen ??? ... Never mind Impending!! ... 2yrs 3 months aint something thats about to happen ... When is it going to happen ??? ...

Deary deary me what a fuss 'n palaver you are getting more like an old washer woman every day. *-)

Do you do instant roofing? Why not?? We want it done now.....instantly!! (lol)

Maybe not ... But they wouldn't have to wait 2 years 3 months for a job I'd said was impending either ... Truth be told you really ain't got a clue fella have ya ... Your answer will be impending I'm sure or will I have to wait 2 years 3 months

Brian Kirby - 2018-05-20 8:03 PM

malc d - 2018-05-20 1:19 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-05-20 1:05 PM

pelmetman - 2018-05-18 5:21 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-05-18 4:48 PM

We didn't discuss that at all, though I explained its importance for our standard of living.

Like being a member of the EU hasn't affected our standard of living??????? 8-) .......

Of coures it has, Dave, for the better. .

But less than half the voters agreed with that. :-|

So? That is mere agreement. Did they all know?

Certainly those craftsmen whose earnings were undercut by cheap immigrant labour knew.

:-|

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2018-05-20 9:36 PM

We didn't discuss that at all, though I explained its importance for our standard of living.

Like being a member of the EU hasn't affected our standard of living??????? 8-) .......

Certainly those craftsmen whose earnings were undercut by cheap immigrant labour knew.

Oooer......... Malc's a Brexiteer 8-) .......

Emerging slowly from the closet :D ......

Depends what you term as craftsmen Malc? Eg you can't compare a plumber to a central heating engineer or builders labourer to a 'brickie' and so on. The latter in each case will be time served and hold relevant qualifications and let's face it, it's very easy for even the untrained eye to tell someone who can lay bricks and someone who can't!

pelmetman - 2018-05-20 9:48 PM

No I'm not -

( ... as I have said before ).

I'm just one of the small number of remainers that was not really very surprised by the referendum result.

The referendum was lost by complacent remainers - and arrogant politicians ( like Cameron ).

As I've said before I voted remain as the lesser of two evils.

:-(

Bulletguy - 2018-05-20 10:16 PM

Depends what you term as craftsmen Malc? Eg you can't compare a plumber to a central heating engineer or builders labourer to a 'brickie' and so on. The latter in each case will be time served and hold relevant qualifications and let's face it, it's very easy for even the untrained eye to tell someone who can lay bricks and someone who can't!

A central heating engineer will deal only with central heating (boiler) issues ... Most plumbers will deal with the same central heating issues and deal with all plumbing issues and may well hold the same qualifications if not more than the central heating engineer so don't really get your point .... I wouldn't imagine anyone has ever described a builder's labourer as a craftsman , they are what it says on the tin a labourer but without a good labourer a decent builder is nothing ... Saying nothing works better sometimes

pelmetman - 2018-05-20 8:11 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-05-20 8:08 PM

pelmetman - 2018-05-20 2:08 PM

Of course it has, Dave, for the better. .

To Remoaners they don't count according to their version of democracy *-) .........

Of course they count Dave. That doesn't make them right, and I think they are wrong. So what does democracy say about that? That you try to persuade them that they are wrong, and should change their minds. That is democracy.

You should at least have the decency to wait 40 years like I've had to.....To say I was wrong! *-) .......

What!!! Are you serious?! Are you really saying you waited until 2016 before you started saying you wanted the UK to leave the EU? Wash your mouth out! :-D

By the way, how old (roughly, don't want to be indelicate! :-)) were you in 1973?

Of course it has, Dave, for the better. .

Certainly those craftsmen whose earnings were undercut by cheap immigrant labour knew. :-|

Of course it is hard on anyone who finds their pay rate is falling (or zero), either because others can do the job for less (or more efficiently), or because the job has been exported to a country which provides a cheaper base.

It is not always the migrant who does this, it is sometimes someone from a different part of the UK who is prepared to travel long distances to work in a higher paid area because s/he can still earn more than they can at home.

The way the Blair government handled accession of the ex eastern bloc countries to the EU was widely questioned at the time, and was contrasted with the ways most of the sitting members of the EU handled it (by imposing time limited quotas), but that was the decision of the duly elected UK government, whose political predecessor had argued strongly, in the face of EU opposition, with the EU for those countries to be admitted.

This is not the fault of the EU but of successive UK governments.

What you are really complaining about is the way our version of capitalist economics works, and has worked since the industrial revolution (and before even that). It is the job of the UK government to manage our economy for the greater good, and it has repeatedly failed to do so.

It is futile to try to transfer responsibility for domestic mis-management onto the external player (over whose decisions the UK government has, for many years, had influence), and then sue to leave the one organisation that has demonstrated a greater concern for the long term well being of the average citizen than has our own government.

pelmetman - 2018-05-20 9:48 PM

If you spent less time " just sayin' " and " just askin' " and a bit more time " just readin' " or " just thinkin' " you would know that is not true.

:D

antony1969 - 2018-05-21 9:38 AM

A central heating engineer will deal only with central heating (boiler) issues ... Most plumbers will deal with the same central heating issues and deal with all plumbing issues and may well hold the same qualifications if not more than the central heating engineer so don't really get your point .... I wouldn't imagine anyone has ever described a builder's labourer as a craftsman , they are what it says on the tin a labourer but without a good labourer a decent builder is nothing ... Saying nothing works better sometimes

To a point you're right re. "central heating engineer" (as is their job title of preference) in that they are qualified and registered to carry out gas related work such as c/h etc...but basic plumbing (fitting taps or doing pipe work) is well within their capabilities....after all that's how most Gas Safe registered c/h engineers began their career. But a plumber cannot by law touch c/h boilers or anything associated with gas. If he holds Gas Safe qualification/registration then his job title changes to central heating engineer and he won't thank you for calling him "a plumber"!

Yes i know "brickies" need good labourers but whilst the former is skilled the latter is not. I had a room re-plastered....something i'd consider a skill or craft. He brought along a guy who mixed his plaster whilst the plasterer did the skilled work....and he worked damned fast so the mixer guy had to keep up with him. When the final stuff went on (the fine plaster), the finish was smooth as a billiard table. He even crafted an archway by hand.

Bulletguy - 2018-05-21 2:50 PM

To a point you're right re. "central heating engineer" (as is their job title of preference) in that they are qualified and registered to carry out gas related work such as c/h etc...but basic plumbing (fitting taps or doing pipe work) is well within their capabilities....after all that's how most Gas Safe registered c/h engineers began their career. But a plumber cannot by law touch c/h boilers or anything associated with gas. If he holds Gas Safe qualification/registration then his job title changes to central heating engineer and he won't thank you for calling him "a plumber"!

Yes i know "brickies" need good labourers but whilst the former is skilled the latter is not. I had a room re-plastered....something i'd consider a skill or craft. He brought along a guy who mixed his plaster whilst the plasterer did the skilled work....and he worked damned fast so the mixer guy had to keep up with him. When the final stuff went on (the fine plaster), the finish was smooth as a billiard table. He even crafted an archway by hand.

I think you'll find anyone can work on and replace certain parts inside a boiler ... You'll also find most plumbers are happy to be called plumbers because to most folk it's plumbers that install central heating systems ... A central heating engineer is by his job title limiting himself to just that but a plumber is not

antony1969 - 2018-05-21 3:55 PM

I think you'll find anyone can work on and replace certain parts inside a boiler ...

Only "non gas components" can be according to the GSR

You'll also find most plumbers are happy to be called plumbers because to most folk it's plumbers that install central heating systems ... A central heating engineer is by his job title limiting himself to just that but a plumber is not

Wrong way round. Most CH engineers undoubtedly began life as a plumbers before deciding to go further and qualify as a CH engineer. Plumbers needs no qualifications where the CH engineer does so the only person whose limited or restricted is the plumber.....but that's a decision for them if they want to go further or not.

Anyone can plumb in their own central heating...until it comes to the boiler and then they're stuck. My ch engineer fitted me a new bog at the time i had my boiler serviced so two jobs in one...didn't need a plumber to fit it.

Bulletguy - 2018-05-21 4:30 PM

I think you'll find anyone can work on and replace certain parts inside a boiler ...

You'll also find most plumbers are happy to be called plumbers because to most folk it's plumbers that install central heating systems ... A central heating engineer is by his job title limiting himself to just that but a plumber is not

Wrong way round. Most CH engineers undoubtedly began life as a plumbers before deciding to go further and qualify as a CH engineer. Plumbers needs no qualifications where the CH engineer does so the only person whose limited or restricted is the plumber.....but that's a decision for them if they want to go further or not.

Anyone can plumb in their own central heating...until it comes to the boiler and then they're stuck. My ch engineer fitted me a new bog at the time i had my boiler serviced so two jobs in one...didn't need a plumber to fit it.

Absolutely non gas components but you me or anyone else is allowed to work on certain parts of a boiler quite legally ... Why is it wrong way round ... I have used umpteen plumbers during my property renovations and they've all been gas safe or Corgi as it was before ... They aren't restricted in anyway they do all the jobs a heating engineer will do and legally ... You may find that now certain boiler makers only allow those who have passed their courses to install their boilers and that's wether your a plumber or a heating engineer

Bulletguy - 2018-05-21 4:30 PM

Absolutely non gas components but you me or anyone else is allowed to work on certain parts of a boiler quite legally ... Why is it wrong way round ... I have used umpteen plumbers during my property renovations and they've all been gas safe or Corgi as it was before ... They aren't restricted in anyway they do all the jobs a heating engineer will do and legally ... You may find that now certain boiler makers only allow those who have passed their courses to install their boilers and that's wether your a plumber or a heating engineer

antony1969 - 2018-05-21 4:42 PM

Absolutely non gas components but you me or anyone else is allowed to work on certain parts of a boiler quite legally ... Why is it wrong way round ...

For the reason previously mentioned. Plumbers are limited and restricted to plumbing work only where a GS CH engineer is not and most, if not all will have the capability of sticking pipes together or, as in my case, plumbing in a new toilet.

I have used umpteen plumbers during my property renovations and they've all been gas safe or Corgi as it was before ... They aren't restricted in anyway they do all the jobs a heating engineer will do and legally ..

Exactly what i've said in the past couple of posts....."they aren't restricted in any way" so therefore able to carry out both types of work, not just one. The men you used were ch heating engineers....that's their correct job title which distinguishes them from "a plumber".

Bulletguy - 2018-05-21 5:03 PM

Absolutely non gas components but you me or anyone else is allowed to work on certain parts of a boiler quite legally ... Why is it wrong way round ...

For the reason previously mentioned. Plumbers are limited and restricted to plumbing work only where a GS CH engineer is not and most, if not all will have the capability of sticking pipes together or, as in my case, plumbing in a new toilet.

I have used umpteen plumbers during my property renovations and they've all been gas safe or Corgi as it was before ... They aren't restricted in anyway they do all the jobs a heating engineer will do and legally ..

Exactly what i've said in the past couple of posts....."they aren't restricted in any way" so therefore able to carry out both types of work, not just one. The men you used were ch heating engineers....that's their correct job title which distinguishes them from "a plumber".

Is that the description Corgi or Gas safe give plumbers when they give them the same certificate as given to heating engineers to prove they are competent in gas installation ??? ... I think youve got yourself tied up in something you know nothing about ... Again

Barryd999 - 2018-05-21 5:33 PM

Well this Brexit thread is rubbish! I go away for half a day and your talking about plastering and leaky pipes! *-)

Bullets now not just an expert on supplying tools of death but he's a heating engineer/plumbing expert ... I reckon his stop cock needs turning ... Prolly a long , long time since that happened ... Maybe he got his plumbers mate to do it the last time

antony1969 - 2018-05-21 5:37 PM

Is that the description Corgi or Gas safe give plumbers when they give them the same certificate as given to heating engineers to prove they are competent in gas installation ??? ... I think youve got yourself tied up in something you know nothing about ... Again

https://www.plumbcare.com/blog/2014/07/the-difference-between-a-plumber-and-heating-engineer-explained

http://www.priorygasheating.com/plumbers-blog/whats-difference-plumber-heating-engineer/

Bulletguy - 2018-05-21 6:59 PM

antony1969 - 2018-05-21 5:37 PM

https://www.plumbcare.com/blog/2014/07/the-difference-between-a-plumber-and-heating-engineer-explained

http://www.priorygasheating.com/plumbers-blog/whats-difference-plumber-heating-engineer/

Jesus !!

pelmetman - 2018-05-18 5:18 PM

pelmetman - 2018-05-18 4:17 PM

We don't need the voice of 26 self interested countries in the EU to speak for us.......We are quite capably of speaking for ourselves *-) ........

We are. They don't. Oh, and if you mean the EU, it is 28 countries including us. All the other 27 also speak for themselves. You really don't understand this EU thing, do you? :-D

Oh but I do ;-) ......How many of them are "NET CONTRIBUTORS????" >:-) ........

Just askin???? :D .......

In the interests of general information: Germany, France, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Italy,

Sweden, Austria, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, are all net contributors, from highest to lowest.

Just answerin'. :-D

Archived