The Brexit Blog

Bulletguy

They make ya laugh Dave dont they ... Barry goes on about rich Tories deceiving us thicko types into voting leave for their benefit ... Heres a super super rich fella not even a UK passport holder telling us we need a 2nd referendum and the campaign starts soon ... https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/966483/george-soros-remain-campaign-best-for-britain-manifesto-launch ... You really couldn't make it up

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
antony1969 - 2018-05-30 7:00 AM

They make ya laugh Dave dont they ... Barry goes on about rich Tories deceiving us thicko types into voting leave for their benefit ... Heres a super super rich fella not even a UK passport holder telling us we need a 2nd referendum and the campaign starts soon ... https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/966483/george-soros-remain-campaign-best-for-britain-manifesto-launch ... You really couldn't make it up

Well maybe as someone who escaped the Nazis and the spread of Communism to the UK perhaps he has first hand experience about how important a united Europe is. I dont think his motives are self centred or greed unlike the real orchestraters of Brexit.

pelmetman - 2018-05-29 5:06 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-05-29 4:39 PM

pelmetman - 2018-05-29 2:17 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-05-29 1:27 PM

pelmetman - 2018-05-29 8:16 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-05-28 11:03 PM

Your right though. A soft Brexit doesnt suit anyone on that we can agree.

Not true ;-) .........We get to leave the EU and you get to pay........suits me :D ..........

You Remoaners keep saying we should compromise ? :-> ............

And you won't have to pay? How?

We don't have enough income to pay income tax ;-) .........

Stealth taxes are the only way the government can fleece me....... I don't buy new vehicles........So compared to the average Remoaner I suspect Brexit will have minimal impact on my wallet B-) ........

Besides what ever bill we get will be the final bill >:-) ..........How big it is depends on you Remoaners (lol) ......

Coz after we've paid that we'll only have to pay for the Cherries we pick :-D ........

Im going to take a guess how much we will end up paying in Dave. I bet its around £350 million a week.

UNTIL ........2021 or 2023 worst case scenario >:-) ........

With a bit of luck it'll be feck all on the 29/03/2019 B-) .........

Coz they'll be no one to pay (lol) ..........

Oh! Really? I assume the deals we are trying to strike such as Single Market access (but probably called something else) and "A" Customs union (its the customs union really though innit) as well as cherry picking as many agencies as possible was to be a permanent arrangement Dave. Your assuming we will dump all that not have to pay for it after 2023? I think you got the wrong end of the stick (again).

This is why I have been saying its pointless all along. We may as well stay in.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-05-30 9:30 AM

I dont think his motives are self centred or greed unlike the real orchestraters of Brexit.

So the 1.5 billion he made by forcing the UK out of the ERM had nothing to do with greed? *-) ..........

Jesus you Remoaners are gullible (lol) .........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-05-30 9:34 AM

pelmetman - 2018-05-29 5:06 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-05-29 4:39 PM

pelmetman - 2018-05-29 2:17 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-05-29 1:27 PM

pelmetman - 2018-05-29 8:16 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-05-28 11:03 PM

Your right though. A soft Brexit doesnt suit anyone on that we can agree.

Not true ;-) .........We get to leave the EU and you get to pay........suits me :D ..........

You Remoaners keep saying we should compromise ? :-> ............

And you won't have to pay? How?

We don't have enough income to pay income tax ;-) .........

Stealth taxes are the only way the government can fleece me....... I don't buy new vehicles........So compared to the average Remoaner I suspect Brexit will have minimal impact on my wallet B-) ........

Besides what ever bill we get will be the final bill >:-) ..........How big it is depends on you Remoaners (lol) ......

Coz after we've paid that we'll only have to pay for the Cherries we pick :-D ........

Im going to take a guess how much we will end up paying in Dave. I bet its around £350 million a week.

UNTIL ........2021 or 2023 worst case scenario >:-) ........

With a bit of luck it'll be feck all on the 29/03/2019 B-) .........

Coz they'll be no one to pay (lol) ..........

Oh! Really? I assume the deals we are trying to strike such as Single Market access (but probably called something else) and "A" Customs union (its the customs union really though innit) as well as cherry picking as many agencies as possible was to be a permanent arrangement Dave. Your assuming we will dump all that not have to pay for it after 2023? I think you got the wrong end of the stick (again).

This is why I have been saying its pointless all along. We may as well stay in.

Do you actually think Mrs May will manage to cobble together a deal that the Remoaner MP's will sign off????........and then get the other 27 countries to agree 8-) ............

Nah best case scenario we wake up on the 29/03/2019 out of the EU without a deal or a bill B-) ........

pelmetman - 2018-05-30 9:40 AM..............................Nah best case scenario we wake up on the 29/03/2019 out of the EU without a deal or a bill B-) ........

So are you in the habit of leaving without paying what you owe, Dave? And if we did, you'd still expect all those other countries to beat a path to our door to sign up to trade deals - with the guys who won't stick to the rules whenever they become irksome? The problem with having your head in the sand, is that you leave your bum exposed! :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-05-30 9:55 AM

pelmetman - 2018-05-30 9:40 AM..............................Nah best case scenario we wake up on the 29/03/2019 out of the EU without a deal or a bill B-) ........

So are you in the habit of leaving without paying what you owe, Dave? And if we did, you'd still expect all those other countries to beat a path to our door to sign up to trade deals - with the guys who won't stick to the rules whenever they become irksome? The problem with having your head in the sand, is that you leave your bum exposed! :-D

What we've overpaid for years can cover any bill >:-) ..........

Dave wont care Brian. I suspect he doenst want any trade deals with any funny foreigners. He doesnt like our nearest and closest neighbours so he definitely wont want to be trading with any from "Bongo Bongo" land although he might enjoy getting shafted by Trump (lol)

I think Dave and the hard core Brexiteers wont be happy until we have built a Trump like wall all the way round our coast but maybe cutting off Scotland (there is a half built wall already there), forget about troublesome Northern Ireland as well with their pesky border and Good Friday Agreement. No, close the drawbridge (as long as he can spend four months in Spain of course)

pelmetman - 2018-05-30 9:59 AM

Now let me see. Can you explain why the UK parliament, and the UK electorate, both decided by healthy majorities (including through your favourite irreversible means of a referendum) that what you see as "overpayment" was a good deal in 1973? And can you also explain why that is now a bad deal, and why other countries who pay in more than the UK think the cost worthwhile? Could you be being just a teensy weensy bit short sighted? 8-) :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-05-30 12:34 PM

pelmetman - 2018-05-30 9:59 AM

Now let me see. Can you explain why the UK parliament, and the UK electorate, both decided by healthy majorities (including through your favourite irreversible means of a referendum) that what you see as "overpayment" was a good deal in 1973? And can you also explain why that is now a bad deal, and why other countries who pay in more than the UK think the cost worthwhile? Could you be being just a teensy weensy bit short sighted? 8-) :-D

Short sighted? :-S ..........

We've had 40 years to discover the EU only benefits the EU and those basket case economies *-) .........

Maybe you think its great for us to pay Poland and the like to have better roads than us 8-) ........

I and 17,410,742 others don't >:-) ........

Hi,

The EU should be beating a path to our door looking for a deal.

If we stop importing stuff from the EU .... we will have to buy locally produced stuff. ... and the EU will have to find somewhere else to dump their over-production.

I'll say it again .... 52 is nearly 10% more than 48, not the 4% claimed.

W3526602 - 2018-06-01 9:39 AM

Hi,

The EU should be beating a path to our door looking for a deal.

If we stop importing stuff from the EU .... we will have to buy locally produced stuff. ... and the EU will have to find somewhere else to dump their over-production.

I'll say it again .... 52 is nearly 10% more than 48, not the 4% claimed.

Eh? Could you explain how its 10%?

Looks more like 3.78% to me.

51.9% for Leave, and 48.1% for Remain

Leave 17,410,742 51.89%

Remain 16,141,241 48.11%

The decision by the electorate was to "Leave the European Union" which won by a majority of 1,269,501 votes (3.78%).

You think we can just suddenly make up the shortfall by producing it all ourselves? Good luck with that and getting the lazy arse Brits to step up and do the work.

pelmetman - 2018-05-30 2:06 PM...…………..We've had 40 years to discover the EU only benefits the EU and those basket case economies *-) ......….

So how does the EU benefit the EU? It is a collection of 28 Countries. Is it only Poland that benefits? Do we gain no benefit? You're just talking about cost, not benefit.

W3526602 - 2018-06-01 9:39 AM...……………….If we stop importing stuff from the EU .... we will have to buy locally produced stuff. ... and the EU will have to find somewhere else to dump their over-production. 602

There is no guarantee that if we stop importing from the EU we should but locally produced goods. What goods qualify as "over-production" that is being dumped into the UK?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-06-01 7:14 PM

W3526602 - 2018-06-01 9:39 AM...……………….If we stop importing stuff from the EU .... we will have to buy locally produced stuff. ... and the EU will have to find somewhere else to dump their over-production. 602

There is no guarantee that if we stop importing from the EU we should but locally produced goods. What goods qualify as "over-production" that is being dumped into the UK?

Hymers :D .........

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-06-01 7:11 PM

pelmetman - 2018-05-30 2:06 PM...…………..We've had 40 years to discover the EU only benefits the EU and those basket case economies *-) ......….

So how does the EU benefit the EU? It is a collection of 28 Countries. Is it only Poland that benefits? Do we gain no benefit? You're just talking about cost, not benefit.

Benefit?........How do we benefit? *-) ..........

The wages of the poor are being suppressed by cheap EU labour, we now have third world roads whilst we pay for other countries roads to be improved >:-( .......

We have no control over EU migration, or any "real" influence in the EU >:-(.........

Then there is the 350 million a week cost.......and yes I know the EU kindly gives us some of it back.......but they tell us where to spend it :-| .............

So its a bit like me telling you to buy a British built camper next time, how annoying would you find that? (lol) (lol) (lol) ............

300 days to go B-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-06-02 8:34 AM

Brian Kirby - 2018-06-01 7:11 PM

Benefit?........How do we benefit? *-) ..........

The wages of the poor are being suppressed by cheap EU labour, we now have third world roads whilst we pay for other countries roads to be improved >:-( .......

We have no control over EU migration, or any "real" influence in the EU >:-(.........

Then there is the 350 million a week cost.......and yes I know the EU kindly gives us some of it back.......but they tell us where to spend it :-| .............

So its a bit like me telling you to buy a British built camper next time, how annoying would you find that? (lol) (lol) (lol) ............

300 days to go B-) ..........

Order! Answer my questions first, then I'll answer yours - even if you do habitually fail to read the answers!

All I'm going to say for now is that there is scant evidence that the low paid are worse paid because of EU migration, our roads are bad because our government has neglected them for years, that we have control over migration, but choose not to use it, that we could have more influence (but to do what?) if idiots like Farrage were constructive, that £350M per week is incorrect, and that we apply for most of what comes back, and no-one tells us what to apply for. Apart from that, I completely agree with you! :-D

Campers? If UK manufacturers made what I want, at a price I'm prepared to pay, I'd buy it. It's called a market Dave. I buy from the guy who makes what I want. I'm not biased against any manufacturer on grounds of nationality - just on quality, cost, and suitability.

While you're answering questions, you might explain how driving around in a 20 year old van aids UK manufacturing - since you're so keen to encourage others to buy UK products. BTW, how much of your van was, actually, even 20 years ago, made in the UK?

Just askin' :-D

<<< I'd buy it. It's called a market Dave. I buy from the guy who makes what I want. I'm not biased against any manufacturer on ground.s of nationality - just on quality, cost, and suitability. >>>

HI Brian,

You choose what you want to buy, then buy it. It's your money.

But Local Govenment, etc, do not (I understand) have that option. They may want to buy British, their constituants want them to buy British, but they are required to have a vey good reason to buy British if the same item is available at a lower price in the EU. So they have to spend our taxes on EU goods, and then pay benefits to those in the UK who haven't got a job.

I'm not sure if the following is relevent to this EU discussion. My dog suffered from epiliptic fits. Google revealed that the treatment was phenobarbitone tablets, at $3 per 100 .... in USA. We had to pay our vet £1,000 a year for tablets. Yes, we could have ordered them from USA ... provided we had a prescription. The vet charged enough for a prescription to make that unviable. I would love to be able to blame EU regulations for that.

Is it Barnier who admitted that the EU do not want to negotiate?

Just imagine if we did stay in the EU. Would the British public be as complacent as we were before the referendum? The EU did not like us then, I doubt that they will like us better if we remain.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-06-02 3:39 PM

BTW, how much of your van was, actually, even 20 years ago, made in the UK?

Just askin' :-D

I'm glad you asked >:-) ..........

Camper part was built by Autohomes in Poole, by UK workers and has proved to be very durable as the habitation service engineer pointed out only last month........He's had higher damp readings in NEW motorhomes >:-) .....

The Transit part was built in Southampton, before Ford moved production to Turkey a Non EU country and given a massive bung from the EU to do it.........So we not only lost a major production centre but helped pay for it to!!!.......Yeah the EU is really a benefit to the UK PLC *-) ...........

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/10026411.Focus_on_Ford__The___80m_EU_loan_for_Ford_s_Turkish_Transit_plant/

Oh dear. Oh deary deary me. From the Sunday Times originally.

Government risk assessment warns of a Doomsday no-deal Brexit scenario

No deal scenario:

Day one: port of Dover collapses

Days later: supermarkets in Scotland & Cornwall run out of food

Day 15: hospitals run out medicines

RAF would need to be deployed to ferry supplies

Of course it will just be dismissed as Project fear but it has been drawn up by David Davis's own officials at the Department for exiting the EU. Brexiteers will just say they are all Remoaners of course. A no deal exit is impossible to even consider now I think. The Government know that. Another reason why we need another vote because what is being delivered is going to be neither leaving or remaining which was what was on the original ballot paper.

Dave says Brexit wont effect him. Well I hope he has an allotment, his own petroleum plant and a well stocked pharmacy.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/no-deal-brexit-food-shortages_uk_5b13a7f7e4b02143b7cd1b27?guccounter=1

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-06-03 10:33 AM

Dave says Brexit wont effect him. Well I hope he has an allotment, his own petroleum plant and a well stocked pharmacy.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/no-deal-brexit-food-shortages_uk_5b13a7f7e4b02143b7cd1b27?guccounter=1

From your link......."A spokesperson for the Brexit department said: “These claims are completely false."

I'll prolly be in Spain on the 29 having a Brexit party >:-) .........

299 days to go......My, how times fly's when your having fun :D .........

No deal scenario:

Of course it will just be dismissed as Project fear but it has been drawn up by David Davis's own officials at the Department for exiting the EU. Brexiteers will just say they are all Remoaners of course. A no deal exit is impossible to even consider now I think. The Government know that. Another reason why we need another vote because what is being delivered is going to be neither leaving or remaining which was what was on the original ballot paper.

Day 3 ... Your internet connection crashes as we lose all contact with the outside world ... Bring it on

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2018-06-03 1:08 PM

No deal scenario:

Day 3 ... Your internet connection crashes as we lose all contact with the outside world ... Bring it on

Day 4 .....The RAF bombs Barry's favourite Beer factory in Belgium >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-06-03 1:12 PM

No deal scenario:

Day 4 .....The RAF bombs Barry's favourite Beer factory in Belgium >:-) .........

Day 5 ... Barry starts his hunger strike "I'd rather starve than do a deal with Donald Trump" he screams to his mirror ... Late morning Day 5 ... KFC deliver

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2018-06-03 1:36 PM

pelmetman - 2018-06-03 1:12 PM

No deal scenario:

Day 5 ... Barry starts his hunger strike "I'd rather starve than do a deal with Donald Trump" he screams to his mirror ... Late morning Day 5 ... KFC deliver

Day 6 ......Loony liberal Richmond voters start throwing themselves in front of near stationary traffic in London 8-) ..........

Archived