The Brexit Blog

Bulletguy

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Day 12 ... Jeremy Corbyn , Prime Minister for the previous 2 months starts pulling down all synagogues and confiscates Jewish money and property "Its only fair Jews help in our hour of need ... Ive set Dianne Abbott the task of counting and distributing the money to the needy"

Guest pelmetman

Day 13.......The other 27 realize armageddon is OK B-) .......and all book tickets on the "I'm a getting out of EU express" >:-) ........

Guest pelmetman

Day 14 ......The Queen announces hunting Remoaners is a official blood sport for the masses :D ......

Day 16 ... Mungali and Umbogo the two 7 year old Italian/African migrants fostered by Barry escape and run off back to their wives , kids and grandkids back in Bongo Bongo ... " Since Brexit ting it shot ere init and dat guy shot at guitar" Umbogo said as he smashed his way into a truck at Dover

Guest pelmetman

Day 22.......The EU starts to implode 8-) .........

EU civil servants break into the Junker's wine cellar and get p*ssed as their gravy boat starts to sink >:-) .......

Barryd999 - 2018-06-05 12:04 PM

Who said the EU refuses to reform?

The EU has just passed a law that could end the problems with free movement which led to Brexit in the first place.

Local workers can no longer be undercut by EU migrants.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/eu-brexit-uk-labour-laws-migrant-workers-a8375836.html

"Stable door" and " after horse has bolted " comes to mind.

:-|

The EU has just passed a law that could end the problems with free movement which led to Brexit in the first place.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/eu-brexit-uk-labour-laws-migrant-workers-a8375836.html

Too little too late ... UK ... Poland ... Italy ... Austria ... Greece ... Hungary etc etc can vouch for that

antony1969 - 2018-06-05 1:31 PM

Too little too late ... UK ... Poland ... Italy ... Austria ... Greece ... Hungary etc etc can vouch for that

Eh? Do Poland, Italy, Austria, Hungary and Greece all have problems with EU immigration? Thats news to me.

Why are you not delighted with this new news? It means we dont have to leave now as the goal posts have changed.

Barryd999 - 2018-06-05 4:06 PM

Eh? Do Poland, Italy, Austria, Hungary and Greece all have problems with EU immigration? Thats news to me.

Why are you not delighted with this new news? It means we dont have to leave now as the goal posts have changed.

I didn't say what issues they had with the EU did I ??? ... They certainly do have issues with the EU though wouldnt you agree

Hi, I felt that I must butt in.

You guys are never going to get anywhere by this argument.

I have only a couple of questions for you to consider.

1. Might it be considered a 'coup' when a small group of back bench Tory MPs, the 1922 committee, and their mate, the Mail, who are the ones who felt 'disenfranchised ' by EU lawmakers, and blackmailed David Cameron into the referendum to regain their power.

2. Who were the financial backers of the leave campaign? Ask where the 'patriot' Aaron Banks and others hide their wealth, to avoid pay tax in the country they 'Love' ? Why have the companies who helped them cheat in the referendum gone to. Sci elections, Cambridge Analytica and AIR seem to have been able to disappear with any consequences?

Perhaps upcoming EU rules about regulating offshore tax havens has something to do with all of this! Oh, and didn't they force Cameron to veto new regs before he ran away.

The people with REAL money are the only ones who will not suffer with it goes pear shaped, they never are. They will reap the rewards no matter happens to the rest of us.

Jimster - 2018-06-06 9:29 AM

1. Might it be considered a 'coup' when a small group of back bench Tory MPs, the 1922 committee, and their mate, the Mail, who are the ones who felt 'disenfranchised ' by EU lawmakers, and blackmailed David Cameron into the referendum to regain their power.

2. Who were the financial backers of the leave campaign? Ask where the 'patriot' Aaron Banks and others hide their wealth, to avoid pay tax in the country they 'Love' ? Why have the companies who helped them cheat in the referendum gone to. Sci elections, Cambridge Analytica and AIR seem to have been able to disappear with any consequences?

Perhaps upcoming EU rules about regulating offshore tax havens has something to do with all of this! Oh, and didn't they force Cameron to veto new regs before he ran away.

The people with REAL money are the only ones who will not suffer with it goes pear shaped, they never are. They will reap the rewards no matter happens to the rest of us.

Welcome Jimster. Great first post. Be careful with conspiracy theories like that though on here, even if they are of course completely correct as the Brexiteers dont like to be told they were conned by a bunch of self serving fat cat Elites. We the remoaners are supposed to be the Elite.

antony1969 - 2018-06-05 7:48 PM

I didn't say what issues they had with the EU did I ??? ... They certainly do have issues with the EU though wouldnt you agree

Yes you did. I posted about the EU passing reforms on Freedom of Movement and how great it is and you said its too little too late for UK ... Poland ... Italy ... Austria ... Greece ... Hungary. So I assumed you meant its too little too late as regards immigration for those countries when in fact none of them (well the UK according to some) have an issue with EU immigration anyway. Unless of course you really meant non EU immigration which of course those countries do have an issue.

Whatever, but you have to ask yourself now or rather the public do if there is reform on immigration, with our opt outs from the Euro, Schengen, the rebate and the promise of an opt out from further federalisation if we remained and given the fact that we seem to be clambering to get back into just about everything we are leaving already why are we bothering?

Barryd999 - 2018-06-06 10:05 AM

………………………….. given the fact that we seem to be clambering to get back into just about everything we are leaving already why are we bothering?

Simply because of the result of David Camerons huge misjudgement of holding a referendum.

antony1969 - 2018-06-05 7:48 PM

Yes you did. I posted about the EU passing reforms on Freedom of Movement and how great it is and you said its too little too late for UK ... Poland ... Italy ... Austria ... Greece ... Hungary. So I assumed you meant its too little too late as regards immigration for those countries when in fact none of them (well the UK according to some) have an issue with EU immigration anyway. Unless of course you really meant non EU immigration which of course those countries do have an issue.

Whatever, but you have to ask yourself now or rather the public do if there is reform on immigration, with our opt outs from the Euro, Schengen, the rebate and the promise of an opt out from further federalisation if we remained and given the fact that we seem to be clambering to get back into just about everything we are leaving already why are we bothering?

Eh ??? ... I meant those countries I listed are as miffed with the EU as as a whole as the majority of folk here obviously are ... Don't read too much into it

malc d - 2018-06-06 10:23 AM

………………………….. given the fact that we seem to be clambering to get back into just about everything we are leaving already why are we bothering?

Simply because of the result of David Camerons huge misjudgement of holding a referendum.

Yep, that much is true. Putting self interest and party before people and nobody has learned from that as they are all still putting party before people.

However what still baffles me is as each month passes we see both how impossible Brexit is and we see a slow but steady percentage rise in support for remaining. A 7 point lead we hear today according to Yougov and an even bigger majority in favour of a soft Brexit. Labour now saying it wants to stay in the Single Market, at least thats what I think they are saying. Who knows? They are just as bad as the Tories.

I think we have to own up to the fact that our hearts are not really in Brexit. So really. Why are we doing any kind of Brexit at all? There seems to be this notion that we must respect the vote but we clearly dont as what we are doing is a bigger betrayal to the original vote by staying in the EU by stealth than just coming clean and saying its not going to work or calling another fresh referendum based on all the new information we have now but nobody has the balls to say that.

At least the true hardcore Brexiteers on here have stuck to their guns and still want to be fully out. I admire them for that at least even though they are barmy.

Barryd999 - 2018-06-06 11:46 AM

malc d - 2018-06-06 10:23 AM

Yep, that much is true. Putting self interest and party before people and nobody has learned from that as they are all still putting party before people.

However what still baffles me is as each month passes we see both how impossible Brexit is and we see a slow but steady percentage rise in support for remaining. A 7 point lead we hear today according to Yougov and an even bigger majority in favour of a soft Brexit. Labour now saying it wants to stay in the Single Market, at least thats what I think they are saying. Who knows? They are just as bad as the Tories.

I think we have to own up to the fact that our hearts are not really in Brexit. So really. Why are we doing any kind of Brexit at all? There seems to be this notion that we must respect the vote but we clearly dont as what we are doing is a bigger betrayal to the original vote by staying in the EU by stealth than just coming clean and saying its not going to work or calling another fresh referendum based on all the new information we have now but nobody has the balls to say that.

At least the true hardcore Brexiteers on here have stuck to their guns and still want to be fully out. I admire them for that at least even though they are barmy.

Another day ... Another poll

Well whether you believe polls or not and the Yougov one is a tracked poll that has asked the same questions every week for two years and has since January shown a slow but steady drop in support for Brexit with an all time high this month of 7 points you cant argue with the fact that our own Government is negotiating a betrayal of the Brexit you voted for. That much is evident. Its in our faces everyday. 64% of voters now think the Government is doing a crap job with only 18% saying its doing a good job.

The news that Labour is shifting its position on Brexit makes it almost certain they will reject whatever crap deal the Tories come up with in the autumn and if they are supported by other parties that deal will fail.

This could bring the Government down and end up with a Labour led Coalition and Christ knows what that means.

If I was Theresa I would pre-empt that by going back to the people. Give them a peoples vote with a choice to remain or risk a Labour Government.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-06-06 9:58 AM

Jimster - 2018-06-06 9:29 AM

Welcome Jimster. Great first post. Be careful with conspiracy theories like that though on here, even if they are of course completely correct as the Brexiteers dont like to be told they were conned by a bunch of self serving fat cat Elites. We the remoaners are supposed to be the Elite.

So George Soreasrse isn't a self serving fat cat? ;-) .........

Just askin >:-) ........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-06-06 12:52 PM

Well whether you believe polls or not and the Yougov one is a tracked poll that has asked the same questions every week for two years and has since January shown a slow but steady drop in support for Brexit with an all time high this month of 7 points you cant argue with the fact that our own Government is negotiating a betrayal of the Brexit you voted for. That much is evident. Its in our faces everyday. 64% of voters now think the Government is doing a crap job with only 18% saying its doing a good job.

The news that Labour is shifting its position on Brexit makes it almost certain they will reject whatever crap deal the Tories come up with in the autumn and if they are supported by other parties that deal will fail.

This could bring the Government down and end up with a Labour led Coalition and Christ knows what that means.

If I was Theresa I would pre-empt that by going back to the people. Give them a peoples vote with a choice to remain or risk a Labour Government.

Folk saying the Government is doing a crap job.......is not the same as saying they'd vote remain ;-) ........

Just wishful thinking on your part methinks :D .........

Archived