The Brexit Blog

Bulletguy

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-06-10 3:28 PM

I would love for you to explain how it will be the fault of the remainers if we get a crap deal as well. I didnt vote to leave the EU and put us in this position, you did along with 17+ million others. If the deal is crap, which it will be there is only one direction the finger of blame is pointing.

Of course any crap deal will be the Remoaners fault *-) .........

If you wanted to buy a laptop, would you go and buy it with someone who wants you to pay more than you need? 8-) ........

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2018-06-10 4:15 PM

I would love for you to explain how it will be the fault of the remainers if we get a crap deal as well. I didnt vote to leave the EU and put us in this position, you did along with 17+ million others. If the deal is crap, which it will be there is only one direction the finger of blame is pointing.

If you wanted to buy a laptop, would you go and buy it with someone who wants you to pay more than you need? 8-) ........

But you dont want the laptop Dave. You want to walk away with nothing. not pay anything and not have a deal. Its not me or the remainers telling David Davis what to do and last time I looked he was a Brexiteer. We told you right from the off that the EU didnt need us more than we need them and they wouldnt give us our cake and let us eat it. The real truth is your in a minority, a very small one I bet. Most of the Brexit voters haven't got the bottle to go for a full fat hard Brexit because the penny is starting to drop that it will only be people like Crispin Odious who will not be much worse off and the other half of the country are remainers!

So now what we will end up with is the absolute worst of both worlds. When it was obvious a Hard Brexit was impossible if for no other reason than the Northern Ireland border issue it should have been scrapped or thrown back to the public as not possible as described in 2016. I aint taking the blame as if it wasnt for Brexit we simply wouldnt be in this mess.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-06-10 5:43 PM

But you dont want the laptop Dave.

Correct I just want the Cherries >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-06-10 3:19 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-06-10 2:23 PM

pelmetman - 2018-06-10 1:53 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-06-10 1:42 PM

pelmetman - 2018-06-10 1:12 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-06-10 12:50 PM

pelmetman - 2018-06-10 9:34 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-06-09 1:14 PM

Jimster - 2018-06-09 8:29 AM

Hi, I felt that I must butt in.

You guys are never going to get anywhere by this argument.

I have only a couple of questions for you to consider.

1. Might it be considered a 'coup' when a small group of back bench Tory MPs, the 1922 committee, and their mate, the Mail, who are the ones who felt 'disenfranchised ' by EU lawmakers, and blackmailed David Cameron into the referendum to regain their power.

2. Who were the financial backers of the leave campaign? Ask where the 'patriot' Aaron Banks and others hide their wealth, to avoid pay tax in the country they 'Love' ? Why have the companies who helped them cheat in the referendum gone to. Sci elections, Cambridge Analytica and AIR seem to have been able to disappear with any consequences?

Perhaps upcoming EU rules about regulating offshore tax havens has something to do with all of this! Oh, and didn't they force Cameron to veto new regs before he ran away.

The people with REAL money are the only ones who will not suffer with it goes pear shaped, they never are. They will reap the rewards no matter happens to the rest of us.

All valid points Jimster including regulation on offshore tax havens. Funny how these 'patriots' aren't so patriotic when it comes to paying their fair share!

Incidentally investigations into CA's activities are still ongoing.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43985186

It's funny how you Remoaners arn't making a fuss about Cameron using 9 million of tax payers money? *-)

You still don't 'get it' do you? The Leave campaign was channelling funds through different accounts which is against electoral rules. As if that wasn't bad enough, May then hands over £1 billion bung of tax payers money to the DUP to prop up her failed Government.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/peter-geoghegan-adam-ramsay/you-aren-t-allowed-to-know-who-paid-for-key-leave-campaign-adverts

You Remoaners don't get it either ;-) ..........

Even with Cameron using tax payers money to produce Remoaner propaganda ........YOU STILL LOST >:-)

When that's the best you can come up with it's plain to see how easily you were duped. *-)

No I wasn't duped ;-)

It's ok to admit it....Bregretters are open about it now the honeymoon is over.

Just as I can see this non story is just more Remoaner sh*t stirring *-) ...........

Hhmmm..........not sure Odious Odey see's the millions his gambling has coined him as a 'non-story'. *-)

I've still got 292 days of my honeymoon to enjoy B-) ..........

No doubt you don't have an issue with George Sorearse making millions out of the UK though? *-) .......

I don't know of anyone by that name but given your (and your chums) penchant for purposely mis-spelling names of people you don't like, i assume you meant George Soros?

Mr Soros is pro-EU and publicly donated £400k to the cause, along with many billions of $ he's donated to various other causes. Most of his business interests are in the US, not UK. Also you should be careful when criticising Mr Soros as he's Jewish.........and your Beano boy chum will view any criticism of Mr Soros as antisemitic.

pelmetman - 2018-06-10 5:50 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-06-10 5:43 PM

But you dont want the laptop Dave.

Correct I just want the Cherries >:-) .........

Well.........you said what we always knew about you all along. You won't get to cherry pick though. You will be back to digging up old spuds in the barren lands of Lincolnshire just to scrape a few pence together. (lol)(lol)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-06-10 6:54 PM

Mr Soros is pro-EU and publicly donated £400k to the cause, along with many billions of $ he's donated to various other causes. Most of his business interests are in the US, not UK. Also you should be careful when criticising Mr Soros as he's Jewish.........and your Beano boy chum will view any criticism of Mr Soros as antisemitic.

You forgot the bit where he got the UK kicked out of the ERM to make a few quid for himself ;-) ..........

and costing the UK taxpayer 3.4 billion *-) .......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Wednesday

pelmetman - 2018-06-10 7:04 PM

You forgot the bit where he got the UK kicked out of the ERM to make a few quid for himself ;-) ..........

Actually you will find it was serious failings by Thatcher/Major Government and disagreements between Tory ministers that was responsible for costing the taxpayer £3.4bn. Our inflation rates were way too high and interest rates. That's why the Tories got voted out.

Black Wednesday occurred in the United Kingdom on 16 September 1992, when John Major's Conservative government was forced to withdraw the pound sterling from the European Exchange Rate Mechanism (ERM) after it was unable to keep the pound above its agreed lower limit in the ERM. The Conservative Party government's image had been damaged to the extent that the electorate was more inclined to support the opposition of the time.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-06-12 3:35 PM

Actually you will find it was serious failings by Thatcher/Major Government and disagreements between Tory ministers that was responsible for costing the taxpayer £3.4bn. Our inflation rates were way too high and interest rates. That's why the Tories got voted out.

Black Wednesday occurred in the United Kingdom on 16 September 1992, when John Major's Conservative government was forced to withdraw the pound sterling from the European Exchange Rate Mechanism (ERM) after it was unable to keep the pound above its agreed lower limit in the ERM. The Conservative Party government's image had been damaged to the extent that the electorate was more inclined to support the opposition of the time.

So George Soarearse didn't cause Britain to leave the ERM buy betting against the pound? ;-) .......

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/08/george-soros-bank-of-england.asp

......and of course he did it for OUR benefit didn't he??? >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2018-06-12 4:06 PM

So George Soarearse didn't cause Britain to leave the ERM buy betting against the pound? ;-) .......

Don't you ever read any links you post other than a snappy 'header'? *-)

This couple of paragraphs explains who caused it and how. I know it's uncomfortable reading for a blue boy but it was as i said previously.

Joining the ERM was part of Britain's effort to help the unification of the European economies. However, in the imperialistic style of old, she had tried to stack the deck.

Although it stood apart from European currencies, the British pound had shadowed the German mark in the period leading up to the 1990s. Unfortunately, the desire to "keep up with the Joneses" left Britain with low interest rates and high inflation. Britain entered the ERM with the express desire to keep its currency above 2.7 marks to the pound. This was fundamentally unsound because Britain's inflation rate was many times that of Germany's.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-06-12 6:43 PM

pelmetman - 2018-06-12 4:06 PM

Don't you ever read any links you post other than a snappy 'header'? *-)

This couple of paragraphs explains who caused it and how. I know it's uncomfortable reading for a blue boy but it was as i said previously.

Joining the ERM was part of Britain's effort to help the unification of the European economies. However, in the imperialistic style of old, she had tried to stack the deck.

Although it stood apart from European currencies, the British pound had shadowed the German mark in the period leading up to the 1990s. Unfortunately, the desire to "keep up with the Joneses" left Britain with low interest rates and high inflation. Britain entered the ERM with the express desire to keep its currency above 2.7 marks to the pound. This was fundamentally unsound because Britain's inflation rate was many times that of Germany's.

So did Sorearse make a billion by betting against the pound or not? ;-) .......

antony1969 - 2018-06-12 8:13 PM

If I was a sad wet whinging nappy wearing remainer I'd be a little upset ... Boohoo

Dont worry Antony. If you are referring to todays shenanigans I Would say its shaping up pretty nicely for everyone to be upset.

Oddly at exactly the same time it seems Barnier has offered us the EEA AND "A" Customs union. Not possible most thought but there it is.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-uk-eu-customs-union-eea-trade-michel-barnier-labour-a8395671.html?amp

Barryd999 - 2018-06-12 11:15 PM

If I was a sad wet whinging nappy wearing remainer I'd be a little upset ... Boohoo

Dont worry Antony. If you are referring to todays shenanigans I Would say its shaping up pretty nicely for everyone to be upset.

Oddly at exactly the same time it seems Barnier has offered us the EEA AND "A" Customs union. Not possible most thought but there it is.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-uk-eu-customs-union-eea-trade-michel-barnier-labour-a8395671.html?amp

Not a direct quote from him I see ... Goes against everything else hes said ... Nice morning isnt it

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-06-12 11:15 PM

Oooh is that the EU offering us a cherry? :D .........

Guest pelmetman

I see the Jocks got in a strop today :D ..........

Only 289 days of Jolly Brexit fun to go :D ........

I think by a look of the Brexit rag headines today and yesterday the only dummies being spat are those of the hard core Brexiteers.

I take it you have not seen this little amendment which slipped through on Tuesday and is now enshrined in law.

Basically it is now a legal requirement that there is no change to the borders in Northern Ireland as part of the withdrawal bill.

This means Theresa has to massively betray one very large bunch of people one way or another. They are saying it pretty much means Brexit in name only. Single Market and Customs Unions

http://uk.businessinsider.com/this-brexit-bill-amendment-could-force-britain-to-stay-in-the-single-market-customs-union-2018-6

However, it could be that she betrays the DUP and commits to a Hard Border in the Irish sea. She would lose their vote then of course and not have a majority.

Snap Election again? Get Labour onside?

Worra clusterfcuk.

Barryd999 - 2018-06-14 10:59 AM

I think by a look of the Brexit rag headines today and yesterday the only dummies being spat are those of the hard core Brexiteers.

I take it you have not seen this little amendment which slipped through on Tuesday and is now enshrined in law.

Basically it is now a legal requirement that there is no change to the borders in Northern Ireland as part of the withdrawal bill.

This means Theresa has to massively betray one very large bunch of people one way or another. They are saying it pretty much means Brexit in name only. Single Market and Customs Unions

http://uk.businessinsider.com/this-brexit-bill-amendment-could-force-britain-to-stay-in-the-single-market-customs-union-2018-6

However, it could be that she betrays the DUP and commits to a Hard Border in the Irish sea. She would lose their vote then of course and not have a majority.

Worra clusterfcuk.

"Hard border in the Irish sea"? Hhmmm.......that sound's an interesting prospect.....particularly the logistics of manning it. The Beano boys want a well 'ard Brexit so stick the pair of 'em out in the middle of the Irish sea. (lol)(lol)

Worra clusterfcuk.

Your holding on and grasping aren't ya ... Labour would of course even with a monkey in charge as you put it win that election and the Tories would be doomed ... Lordy ... 288 days

Bulletguy - 2018-06-14 11:34 AM

Worra clusterfcuk.

"Hard border in the Irish sea"? Hhmmm.......that sound's an interesting prospect.....particularly the logistics of manning it. The Beano boys want a well 'ard Brexit so stick the pair of 'em out in the middle of the Irish sea. (lol)(lol)

Leaving the customs union and single market isnt hard/ard Brexit its just Brexit isnt it ??? ... Please if your going to reply can you leave out the threats this time ... Im asking politely

antony1969 - 2018-06-14 11:35 AM

Worra clusterfcuk.

Your holding on and grasping aren't ya ... Labour would of course even with a monkey in charge as you put it win that election and the Tories would be doomed ... Lordy ... 288 days

I am not grasping at anything. That is the position. Its written into the withdrawal bill now. She has to betray one or the other.

If it all goes tits up I really wouldnt be at all surprised if the Tories do throw an election and let Corbyn take over the poisoned chalice. I wouldnt be surprised if she revoked article 50 and used the up and coming EU summit to improve on the deal Cameron tried to negotiate and if that invokes a general election that the Tories end up backing remain and Labour Brexit!

Who the feck knows?

To be honest whilst I enjoy the debates I am starting to wonder why I am so bothered. I probably have 20 years left on this earth if Im lucky. I have no dependants, Im not rich but Im not poor either. Apart from us all ending up poorer I doubt it will change much around here. It will be the towns and cities that feel the change bite the most. My home town of Darlington is already starting to look like a Ghost town. It will not be long before many really are.

If this is what the populace want, let em get on with it.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-06-14 12:46 PM

To be honest whilst I enjoy the debates I am starting to wonder why I am so bothered. I probably have 20 years left on this earth if Im lucky. I have no dependants, Im not rich but Im not poor either. Apart from us all ending up poorer I doubt it will change much around here. It will be the towns and cities that feel the change bite the most. My home town of Darlington is already starting to look like a Ghost town. It will not be long before many really are.

If this is what the populace want, let em get on with it.

20 more years of your singing 8-) 8-) 8-) ..............

Anyone got the number for Dignitas? :D .........

Archived