Respected reporter arrested

antony1969

antony1969 - 2018-08-02 8:26 PM

Violet1956 - 2018-08-02 8:00 PM

antony1969 - 2018-08-02 6:22 PM

Lordy ... https://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/08/02/tommy-robinson-solitary-confinement-23-5-hours-excrement-window/ ... That treatment could be seen as a 'shut up Tommy and stop being a silly boy' kinda treatment ... Utterly disgraceful ... They've made him bigger and better than before ... Its been great watching wet left sore ar$es getting all hot and bothered over his release ... The country loves him xxx

If what Mr Robinson says is true, and I have no reason to doubt it, then the woeful inadequacies that beset our prisons are writ large. They are dangerous and inhospitable places, understaffed and wholly unable to protect the vulnerable. I’m no fan of his behaviour but I hope that his experiences will demonstrate to the large cohort that admire him that our prisons are suffering from inadequate resources to the extent that they are inhumane and not the cushy ride many choose to believe.

Me thinks it depends who you are and who's leant on ya to treat a certain prisoner a certain way ... Knowing a number of career criminals who take a spell inside as part of the job they dont all get treated like Mr Robinson ... As said before the powers that be have made him more dangerous than before he went inside ... A massive fail

I wish you would reflect for a moment Antony. For once you have evidence from someone you admire about how awful his suffering in prison was. Do you really think that the people you despise have a better experience? If so what evidence do you have for that view. Crap from the Daily Fail?

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Violet1956 - 2018-08-02 8:40 PM

Lordy ... https://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/08/02/tommy-robinson-solitary-confinement-23-5-hours-excrement-window/ ... That treatment could be seen as a 'shut up Tommy and stop being a silly boy' kinda treatment ... Utterly disgraceful ... They've made him bigger and better than before ... Its been great watching wet left sore ar$es getting all hot and bothered over his release ... The country loves him xxx

If what Mr Robinson says is true, and I have no reason to doubt it, then the woeful inadequacies that beset our prisons are writ large. They are dangerous and inhospitable places, understaffed and wholly unable to protect the vulnerable. I’m no fan of his behaviour but I hope that his experiences will demonstrate to the large cohort that admire him that our prisons are suffering from inadequate resources to the extent that they are inhumane and not the cushy ride many choose to believe.

Me thinks it depends who you are and who's leant on ya to treat a certain prisoner a certain way ... Knowing a number of career criminals who take a spell inside as part of the job they dont all get treated like Mr Robinson ... As said before the powers that be have made him more dangerous than before he went inside ... A massive fail

I wish you would reflect for a moment Antony. For once you have evidence from someone you admire about how awful his suffering in prison was. Do you really think that the people you despise have a better experience? If so what evidence do you have for that view. Crap from the Daily Fail?

I dont know who you mean when saying those I despise ???

antony1969 - 2018-08-02 8:46 PM

That's for you to reflect on Antony. I don't pretend to know all of them.

Violet1956 - 2018-08-02 9:19 PM

Youve lost me Veronica

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-08-01 2:39 PM

This is good news because it shows how our great British Justice system works. The decision puts paid to the lie that Judges are the enemies of the people or that they are inclined to some "lefty bias". To say I am proud of how the system works is an understatement. A good day for all of us Brits regardless of whether we are inclined to agree with Tommy Robinson's views or his agenda.

I wonder if our great British Justice system would of bothered to give Mr Robinsons case another look without the protests? ;-) ...............

So perhaps you should be thanking the protesters? >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2018-08-03 6:15 PM

This is good news because it shows how our great British Justice system works. The decision puts paid to the lie that Judges are the enemies of the people or that they are inclined to some "lefty bias". To say I am proud of how the system works is an understatement. A good day for all of us Brits regardless of whether we are inclined to agree with Tommy Robinson's views or his agenda.

I wonder if our great British Justice system would of bothered to give Mr Robinsons case another look without the protests? ;-) ...............

I think it's right that Robinson should get a fair trial and it seems to me that it's right to release him on bail.

But I do wonder what the response would be if the same high court judges release the Asian prisoners on bail because it is decided that Robinson has prejudiced their trial. ?

:-|

It probably helped in that his case would command some interest from experts and secure him the best legal advice available due to the important principles at hand. The legal profession, which you often castigate, is not perhaps as bad as you think it is. Good lawyers are willing to challenge what may be instances of injustice regardless of whether the person whose rights they seek to defend is someone they admire.

malc d - 2018-08-03 7:06 PM

I think it's right that Robinson should get a fair trial and it seems to me that it's right to release him on bail.

But I do wonder what the response would be if the same high court judges release the Asian prisoners on bail because it is decided that Robinson has prejudiced their trial. ?

Given how "right" you think it he should get a "fair trial" I don't recall you saying the same earlier in the thread ... "If" is a hell of a big word isn't it and the "If" you talk of didn't happen so its a non story is it not

antony1969 - 2018-08-03 6:11 AM

Violet1956 - 2018-08-02 9:19 PM

Youve lost me Veronica

I believe we have never found each other Antony. ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-08-03 7:10 PM

It probably helped in that his case would command some interest from experts and secure him the best legal advice available due to the important principles at hand. The legal profession, which you often castigate, is not perhaps as bad as you think it is. Good lawyers are willing to challenge what may be instances of injustice regardless of whether the person whose rights they seek to defend is someone they admire.

Or perhaps they were embarrassed by the indecent haste an establishment stooge locked up Mr Robinson :-| ...............

Is 5 hours a record? >:-) ...........

Guest pelmetman

They were on bail *-) ............

pelmetman - 2018-08-04 8:24 AM

In that case we will just have to wait and see if the judges consider that Robinson has interfered with their chance of a fair trial.

I think describing the men on trial as Asians doesn't do Asians any favours ... The nailed on connection in all the rape cases has been the Muslim connection which is proved even further when on sentencing many of them have shouted Allahu Akbar as some sort of Muslim victory chant and if I'm not mistaken Allahu Akbar isn't a term used by all Asians only Muslims

pelmetman - 2018-08-04 8:22 AM

Or perhaps they were embarrassed by the indecent haste an establishment stooge locked up Mr Robinson :-| ...............

Apologies in advance for the length of the following but Dave's question is not a simple one.

Five hours is not a record but as the Court of Appeal has indicated this was not a case where that kind of process was appropriate because he was at risk of going to jail for a significant period if found guilty. You should read the full judgement Dave.

Contempt covers a wide range of behaviours. Some are often dealt within hours e.g. when someone starts creating a disturbance in the courtroom and they repeat it after being told to stop. They are most likely to be sent to the cells to calm down and then dealt with later in the day. I saw that happen a few times when I was working in the criminal law sphere many moons ago. Usually all the person does is say sorry when they are brought back up and they are allowed to go on their way because being sent to the cells for a few hours is enough punishment.

I doubt that many Judges have had to deal with cases like Tommy’s which was far more complex than the ordinary run of contempt cases. I feel a little sympathy for the Judge because he was faced with a rare scenario coming towards the end of what was no doubt a very difficult and exhausting trial. The Court of Appeal mention those stresses in the Judgement though the criticisms of the Judge’s handling of the case are quite pointed. I think that Tommy’s barrister should have borne a bit more of the blame. There is a general principle in law that it is incumbent upon advocates to assist the court in the administration of justice and to draw to the Judges attention any relevant legal rules or precedent that may be relevant to any proceedings.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-08-04 9:56 AM

Apologies in advance for the length of the following but Dave's question is not a simple one.

Five hours is not a record but as the Court of Appeal has indicated this was not a case where that kind of process was appropriate because he was at risk of going to jail for a significant period if found guilty. You should read the full judgement Dave.

Contempt covers a wide range of behaviours. Some are often dealt within hours e.g. when someone starts creating a disturbance in the courtroom and they repeat it after being told to stop. They are most likely to be sent to the cells to calm down and then dealt with later in the day. I saw that happen a few times when I was working in the criminal law sphere many moons ago. Usually all the person does is say sorry when they are brought back up and they are allowed to go on their way because being sent to the cells for a few hours is enough punishment.

I doubt that many Judges have had to deal with cases like Tommy’s which was far more complex than the ordinary run of contempt cases. I feel a little sympathy for the Judge because he was faced with a rare scenario coming towards the end of what was no doubt a very difficult and exhausting trial. The Court of Appeal mention those stresses in the Judgement though the criticisms of the Judge’s handling of the case are quite pointed. I think that Tommy’s barrister should have borne a bit more of the blame. There is a general principle in law that it is incumbent upon advocates to assist the court in the administration of justice and to draw to the Judges attention any relevant legal rules or precedent that may be relevant to any proceedings.

16. The jurors had retired to consider their verdicts.

Looks like he was too late to influence the trial ;-) ............

I wonder if Joe Public will hear what the verdict was or will we be kept in the dark in the interest of diversity? >:-) ..........

Still no sign of those Rotherham child rapists being deported? :-| ............

When can we assume that you lost the bet Veronica? :D ...........

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2018-08-04 9:11 AM

pelmetman - 2018-08-04 8:24 AM

In that case we will just have to wait and see if the judges consider that Robinson has interfered with their chance of a fair trial.

;-) ..........

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/yaxley-lennon-full-judgment-1.pdf

pelmetman - 2018-08-04 10:57 AM

Violet1956 - 2018-08-04 9:56 AM

Looks like he was too late to influence the trial ;-) ............

I wonder if Joe Public will hear what the verdict was or will we be kept in the dark in the interest of diversity? >:-) ..........

Still no sign of those Rotherham child rapists being deported? :-| ............

When can we assume that you lost the bet Veronica? :D ...........

If you read the Court of Appeal judgement you would know that there is a third trial pending scheduled to be heard in September hence reporting restrictions are still in place.

P.s. (sorry missed your observation on the Rotherham case Dave). Will have a look at the Court of Appeal listings. They only publish the cases listed in the very short term of a week or so last time I looked. I can look on a website that give recent decisions as well but I think I would have seen it already if it had been heard. It is taking much longer to be heard than it should according to their timescale targets.

pelmetman - 2018-08-04 11:46 AM

malc d - 2018-08-04 11:19 AM

pelmetman - 2018-08-04 11:11 AM

;-) ..........

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/yaxley-lennon-full-judgment-1.pdf

? What difference does that make ?

He's a bit late to influence any verdict isn't he ;-) ............

That would be decided by the opinions of the defendants lawyers AFTER the trial is over.

It's them who would take an appeal to the higher courts.

I still think it's best not to interfere in trials - but you are quite entitled to think otherwise.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-08-04 11:51 AM

If you read the Court of Appeal judgement you would know that there is a third trial pending scheduled to be heard in September hence reporting restrictions are still in place.

It's curious that if your Cliff Richard the argument is that by identifying him potential victims would come forward :-| .............

Apparently that same argument no longer appears to apply to Muslim grooming gangs? :-S .........

• 2 weeks later...

Archived