Respected reporter arrested

antony1969

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
antony1969 - 2018-09-30 9:47 AM

When a judge makes such a ruling you have to question the sanity of that person and a legal system that allows it ... https://twitter.com/LadBonnie/status/1046100453686226953 ... Lordy

If you read the news report below you will see that the case was not put to the Judge by the prosecution on the basis that it was racially or religiously motivated and the reasons why.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/newcastle-grooming-gang-asian-white-girls-not-targeted-race-judge-court-sentencing-rape-sexual-a7931276.html

pelmetman - 2018-09-29 4:26 PM

Violet1956 - 2018-09-29 1:34 PM

pelmetman - 2018-09-29 12:56 PM

Violet1956 - 2018-09-29 11:52 AM

pelmetman - 2018-09-29 9:57 AM

Violet1956 - 2018-09-28 6:44 PM

pelmetman - 2018-09-28 2:35 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-09-28 2:20 PM

pelmetman - 2018-09-28 8:38 AM

Violet1956 - 2018-09-27 5:09 PM

If the interests of justice demanded that reporting restrictions should be in place in respect of Tommy Robinson's retrial then such restrictions might prevent the journalists filming him outside the court. There are no such restrictions quite obviously because responsible journalists cognisant of the law don't breach it. Unlike our Tommy who demands that proper process is followed when he is on trial but is content to act in a manner which potentially denies that right to others.

I despair because we have been through this already including you being provided with links to the cases and the law that deals with contempt and in what circumstances reporting restrictions can be made. And don't forget reporting restrictions do not merely protect an accused, they protect complainants who may be denied the justice they are due unless they are imposed.

My problem is.... was he arrested to protect those on trial?.........

No.......can you not understand anything Veronica has gone to great lengths explaining to you? Do you know what 'reporting restrictions' mean? Do you understand they are in place to protect both accused and complainant? Do you know what contempt of court means?

I understand plenty about our So called Great British justice system......and its got very little to do with "Justice" as Mr Beckham proved only yesterday *-) ...........

There are a few things I'd like to know? >:-) ..........

Why was he banged up within 5 hours?........something that I've never heard happen before.........

Why was he moved form Hull prison to a prison where 1 in 3 were Muslim?.........

Was our So called great British justice system hoping one of those 1 in 3 inmates did away with Mr Robinson????? :-| ......

The answer to all of the questions you pose can be found in the decision of the Court of Appeal when they made the order for a retrial.Here is a link to it

https://www.judiciary.uk/judgments/r-v-stephen-yaxley-lennon-aka-tommy-robinson/

Seems to me that Tommy has a case for compensation due to the fact that he was not afforded the privileges that apply to those committed to prison for contempt. Whether he is found to be guilty of contempt is another matter. He has been afforded a right to go to law in order to resolve the issues that compromised his right to a fair trial. That's why I continue to maintain that rather than decrying our legal system, as Dave is inclined to do, we should be proud that in our country the law is applied without fear or favour, affection or ill will. Injustices can and will be remedied.

Cant find why he was moved from Hull prison? :-| ............

Did find a load of long winded cobblers :D ........

It's no wonder our So called Great British justice system is so farcical *-) .......

Time for a wholesale change methinks >:-) ........

A justice system which is operated by normal people dispensing natural justice B-) .......

I'd even be a judge for free >:-) ..........

Yes sorry the case doesn't explain why he was moved to Hull Prison. That's not a court decision The sentencing court doesn't decide on which jail is suitable. But I think you've swallowed a lie about the proportion of inmates in Hull Prison who are Muslim.

He was moved to HMP Onley in Rugby from Hull prison ;-) .........

With a 30.4% Muslim population, which equates to 1 in 3 as Mr Robinson said >:-) ...........

So its not me who has swallowed a lie *-) ............

Apologies -my mistake I thought you were referring to Hull prison when you said 1 in 3 because I didn't read your post carefully enough.

WOT!.......Someone in the lawyering trade not reading the big print 8-) .........

It's alright ;-) ...........I wont demand a retrial :D ........

I'm happy to accept one nil to the village idiot B-) ..........

Never claimed to be infallible Dave.Always prepared to admit my mistakes. I find in that point scoring doesn't improve the quality of any debate. ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-09-30 10:12 AM

antony1969 - 2018-09-30 9:47 AM

When a judge makes such a ruling you have to question the sanity of that person and a legal system that allows it ... https://twitter.com/LadBonnie/status/1046100453686226953 ... Lordy

If you read the news report below you will see that the case was not put to the Judge by the prosecution on the basis that it was racially or religiously motivated and the reasons why.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/newcastle-grooming-gang-asian-white-girls-not-targeted-race-judge-court-sentencing-rape-sexual-a7931276.html

So this is not racist??? 8-) ...........

One defendant, who was not sentenced on Tuesday, once told a female ticket inspector: “All white women are only good for one thing.....“For men like me to f*** and use like trash. That’s all women like you are worth.”

That seems to show that he committed a racially aggravated public order act offence against the ticket inspector.

All I am trying to pointing out is that the Judge in the trial to which the tweet in Antony's post referred did not make a ruling as Antony appeared to believe. It wasn't open her to make one when she is not asked to make one. Whether the prosecution ought to have alleged that there was such a motivation is a different matter. The article in the link I posted gives a clue to the reasons why they didn't. People are free to draw their own conclusion as to whether the prosecution should have alleged that the offences were racially/religiously motivated. Although I suggest that doing so based on a news report of these cases rather than the entirety of the evidence in the hands of the prosecution has its limitations.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-09-30 10:59 AM

That seems to show that he committed a racially aggravated public order act offence against the ticket inspector.

All I am trying to pointing out is that the Judge in the trial to which the tweet in Antony's post referred did not make a ruling as Antony appeared to believe. It wasn't open her to make one when she is not asked to make one. Whether the prosecution ought to have alleged that there was such a motivation is a different matter. The article in the link I posted gives a clue to the reasons why they didn't. People are free to draw their own conclusion as to whether the prosecution should have alleged that the offences were racially/religiously motivated. Although I suggest that doing so based on a news report of these cases rather than the entirety of the evidence in the hands of the prosecution has its limitations.

So the defendant was being racist by being rude to a ticket inspector........but not racist by raping underage white girls? *-) ............

antony1969 - 2018-09-30 11:17 AM

I know what I and thousands like me believe Veronica ... Be interesting to know how many of the thousands of underage girl victims raped and assaulted up and down the country by almost exclusively Muslim males have been underage Muslim girls ??? ... Not very many me thinks

The men we know have committed these offences appear to exploit anyone they see as vulnerable particularly in circumstances where they believe it is unlikely that they will be found out. It may be that there is a significant number of Muslim girls that have suffered and continue to suffer physical and/or sexual abuse from these and/or other men like them. I think that it is less likely that such offences will be reported or discovered so we just don’t know how many Muslim girls are suffering from such abuse.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-09-30 12:12 PM

I know what I and thousands like me believe Veronica ... Be interesting to know how many of the thousands of underage girl victims raped and assaulted up and down the country by almost exclusively Muslim males have been underage Muslim girls ??? ... Not very many me thinks

The men we know have committed these offences appear to exploit anyone they see as vulnerable particularly in circumstances where they believe it is unlikely that they will be found out. It may be that there is a significant number of Muslim girls that have suffered and continue to suffer physical and/or sexual abuse from these and/or other men like them. I think that it is less likely that such offences will be reported or discovered so we just don’t know how many Muslim girls are suffering from such abuse.

You really should read the Koran Veronica ;-) ..........

Then you'll KNOW why Muslims have such a low opinion of anyone who isn't a Muslim........and you'll also KNOW why they'll never admit it in public :-| .........

pelmetman - 2018-09-30 11:40 AM

Violet1956 - 2018-09-30 10:59 AM

So the defendant was being racist by being rude to a ticket inspector........but not racist by raping underage white girls? *-) ............

I can see why you ask the question Dave and it demands an answer. When Parliament decided to introduce racially aggravated offences to the statue book as separate offences, those offences which already carried heavy penalties including a life sentence were not included. It was thought unnecessary to add offences such as racially aggravated rape due to the fact that the Judge would be able to reflect any aggravating features in the sentence imposed because the maximum sentence that could be handed down was already life imprisonment.

In relation to more minor offences like Public Order Act offences it was Parliament's view that the maximum sentence available for those offences might be insufficient to take into account any aggravating features such as racism etc. That meant that a special category of offences were created so that the Judge could impose a heavier punishment.

This does not prevent a Judge from taking into account aggravating features such as racial motivation in the more serious cases such as rape where the maximum sentence is already a severe one. However the prosecution must assert that the offences were racially motivated in order for the Judge to increase the penalty that would ordinarily be imposed due to that aggravating feature.

Well unless Ive misread the news and reports and comments by politicians brave enough to speak I think the "anyone they see as vulnerable " nearly all of the time means underage white girls ... Why less likely that the rapes of Muslim underage girls would be reported ??? Are you suggesting that decent upstanding Muslim community we have would hush-hush rapes of its own children ??? If so what does that say about our fine Muslim community Veronica

antony1969 - 2018-09-30 1:39 PM

Well unless Ive misread the news and reports and comments by politicians brave enough to speak I think the "anyone they see as vulnerable " nearly all of the time means underage white girls ... Why less likely that the rapes of Muslim underage girls would be reported ??? Are you suggesting that decent upstanding Muslim community we have would hush-hush rapes of its own children ??? If so what does that say about our fine Muslim community Veronica

I don’t believe that it is right to hold the entire Muslim community responsible for all the crimes committed by these vile men that we have discussed. However, when expressing the view that their may be hidden abuse of Muslim women and girls I take my cue from the Muslim women who have complained about their treatment due to the antediluvian attitudes which pervades some Muslim communities as to the position of women and girls in society. Muslim groups are not alone when it comes to the possession of such attitudes. I have never sought to deny that there is a problem on the part of some Muslim men which would reduce the status of women and girls to be lower than their own. As I have said many times over, the secular law in this country is the law and it is a law that is to be enforced regardless of anyone’s race, gender or religion. People may choose to abide by religious laws or custom but ultimately wherever those customary or religious laws conflict with the general law it is the latter which our legal institutions are obliged to enforce.

Violet1956 - 2018-09-30 2:46 PM

antony1969 - 2018-09-30 1:39 PM

I don’t believe that it is right to hold the entire Muslim community responsible for all the crimes committed by these vile men that we have discussed. However, when expressing the view that their may be hidden abuse of Muslim women and girls I take my cue from the Muslim women who have complained about their treatment due to the antediluvian attitudes which pervades some Muslim communities as to the position of women and girls in society. Muslim groups are not alone when it comes to the possession of such attitudes. I have never sought to deny that there is a problem on the part of some Muslim men which would reduce the status of women and girls to be lower than their own. As I have said many times over, the secular law in this country is the law and it is a law that is to be enforced regardless of anyone’s race, gender or religion. People may choose to abide by religious laws or custom but ultimately wherever those customary laws conflict with the general law it is the latter which our legal institutions are obliged to enforce.

"I have never sought to deny that there is a problem on the part of some Muslim men who would reduce the status of women" ... When "some" is 60% of male Muslims asked they said a Muslim women should marry her rapist or when "some" is 62% of male Muslims asked said women should tolerate domestic violence to keep the family together then I fear that "some" becomes the majority Veronica ... Your laws regarding the treatment of Muslim women and girls count for nothing by the way ... How many successful prosecutions for FGM in the UK ??? Pretty much none and thats because Muslim families back the barbaric act

Do you have a link that provides the evidence to support the assertions in your post Antony? I am interested in discovering all the evidence that is available.

That said I don't know where this discussion is going in terms of what more can be done to prevent these heinous crimes being committed.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-09-30 3:21 PM

That said I don't know where this discussion is going in terms of what more can be done to prevent these heinous crimes being committed.

So long as the Koran is worshipped in the UK ;-) ...........You wont :-| .........

Do you have a link that provides the evidence to support the assertions in your post Antony? I am interested in discovering all the evidence that is available.

No your not interested in discovering anything ... Your interested in pushing your religion of peace guff ... As for where the discussion is going thats prolly nowhere cos until you and the wider world accept that a big major problem exists with the male Muslim community towards white underage girls we get nowhere ... Just more victims which seems acceptable to those who cant face the truth

antony1969 - 2018-09-30 5:35 PM

No your not interested in discovering anything ...

So the assertions you made were nothing other than the usual hyperbole and wild speculation. No surprises there then. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-09-30 5:43 PM

So the assertions you made were nothing other than the usual hyperbole and wild speculation. No surprises there then. *-)

That's rich coming from the forum's Lord Haw Haw spreader in chief of Remoaner propaganda (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Well given your so sure its just wild speculation lets have a wager on it ... For once put your money where ya troll like gob/fingers are ... You name the sum which must be at least a triple figure one and we can either way donate to our favoured charities ... Dont say no cos there really would be no surprise there then would tha ???

antony1969 - 2018-09-30 6:27 PM

Well given your so sure its just wild speculation lets have a wager on it ...

Quit wriggling, man up and grow up. Veronica politely asked if you had a link that provides the evidence to support the assertions in your post....you came back with a firm 'no' then went off on a childish rant all because Veronica called you out on claims you had no evidence to support.

pelmetman - 2018-09-30 6:14 PM

That's rich coming from the forum's Lord Haw Haw spreader in chief of Remoaner propaganda (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

I provide links....your boyfriend hasn't because he can't so it was just more of his usual wild claims he resorts to.

Bulletguy - 2018-09-30 6:34 PM

Quit wriggling, man up and grow up. Veronica politely asked if you had a link that provides the evidence to support the assertions in your post....you came back with a firm 'no' then went off on a childish rant all because Veronica called you out on claims you had no evidence to support.

I'll take it thats a no then ... Happy to insult and insinuate folk are lying but when asked to step up you sulk off behind your short trousers ... Your family must be proud

antony1969 - 2018-09-30 6:51 PM

I'll take it thats a no then ...

You've answered your own question as you couldn't back up your wild claims with one shred of evidence Veronica politely asked you for. Naturally you 'answered' it in your usual obtuse manner because you got caught out in a lie. You'd have been better off leaving it at 'no' instead of going off on a silly childish rant as per usual.

Bulletguy - 2018-09-30 7:03 PM

antony1969 - 2018-09-30 6:51 PM

I'll take it thats a no then ...

You've answered your own question as you couldn't back up your wild claims with one shred of evidence Veronica politely asked you for. Naturally you 'answered' it in your usual obtuse manner because you got caught out in a lie. You'd have been better off leaving it at 'no' instead of going off on a silly childish rant as per usual.

Lordy ... Mention a few quid wager and you squirm and wriggle ... Im totally open for providing a link to my claim ... You on the other hand after claiming im this that and t'other seem happy just to waffle ... As usual

Archived